• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Fj0823

Beyond broken stuff lol That fusion card + the Red Eyes fusion are madness.

Question, why most of the support excludes "Red Eyes B. Chick"? lol

The name is a Mistranslation, in Japan its something like "Black Dragon Hatchling", not a" Red-Eyes"

the fusion is not THAT good as it forces you to have some Summoned Skulls in your deck (Skull is always considered an "Archfiend" since the new edition of the card was released)

300px-SummonedSkull-YSYR-EN-C-1E.png

And those guys are some serious dead draws.

YuGiGAF1.png

Congratulations to macklelol!
Despite your heartless and jerk-like deck...
You came out victorious through both the Winner's Bracket and Loser's Bracket!

Final Results said:
Supreme Champion: macklelol
Worthy Adversary: Sandfox
Maybe Next Time: SkullHydra
4th place: Shadowcreep
5th place tie: Aaronrules380 / SirAndroidTV
7th place tie: bumpkin / neither
9th place tie: Sayah / Crimsonlink / GreatEdmondo

Thank you to everyone who participated, and I look forward to our next tournament!!!

bumpkin

YuGiGAF1.png

Congratulations to macklelol!
Despite your heartless and jerk-like deck...
You came out victorious through both the Winner's Bracket and Loser's Bracket!

Thank you to everyone who participated, and I look forward to our next tournament!!!
It was fun, I'd definitely love to participate in the next one. My deck needs serious work though. I'll have to find some gimmicky annoying theme to latch onto so I can tick others off as much as macklelol's and Shadowcreep's decks ticked me off. :D

So, what decks were you guys using for the tournament?
I used my Masked HERO deck for everything except my second match against macklelol, in which I used my Cyber Dragon deck.

Neither of those decks could do anything to macklelol's Worm/Hate/Troll deck. Lol.

Boogiepop

So, now like 2/3 through the GX campaign, and while it's not a Yugi deck level of garbage, Jaden's deck just kind of keeps getting worse to a large degree. Just hit the point where those Chrysalis things got added, and you pretty much NEED to at least have that Neo Space field card down to do anything, otherwise you just have large chunks of garbage hanging around. So ready to be done this campaign (well, at least until I go back for reverse duels. But I may loosen up on using just the story decks for those...)

bumpkin

So, what decks were you guys using for the tournament?
Mine was a mish-mash, really. There was no central gimmick to it. It was ostensibly a digital version of my real life deck that I used to play with back during the OG Yu-Gi-Oh days. It's basically a mix of spellcasters and fiends. I didn't really fare very well in the tournament. The newer effect monsters and the Xyz's were way too strong for me to beat. In my loser's bracket match, Shadowcreep basically raped me. lol.

Macklelol, were you using your tournament deck in our practice matches? Just wondering because I don't remember having too much trouble, but you did manage to win the tournament

As someone who hasn't played in like 4-5 years these Xyz, Synchro,and Lightsworn monsters seem so OP. When a player can summon a 4000 monster on the first turn than I know the game has passed me by. They make my Umi deck look bad.

Regiruler

As someone who hasn't played in like 4-5 years these Xyz, Synchro,and Lightsworn monsters seem so OP. When a player can summon a 4000 monster on the first turn than I know the game has passed me by. They make my Umi deck look bad.
Erm, synchros and lightsworn have been around for nearly 7 years.

And your umi deck probably doesn't just look bad, but has always been bad.

Summoning a 4000 lp monster first turn is still really hard. I use lightsworn, and even though I can sometimes summon judgement dragon on my second turn, it takes a lot of luck. The strongest archetypes are actually a ritual archetype (nekroz) a pendulum tribute archetype (qli) and a fusion archetype (shaddolls)

bumpkin

This was how I felt.

What totally wrecked me in both of my matches was monsters that when destroyed by anything (even a kamikaze attack) let my opponent destroy any monster they want on my side of the field as its effect before it went to the graveyard. It became impossible to even keep monsters on the field for defensive purposes.

Fj0823

This was how I felt.

What totally wrecked me in both of my matches was monsters that when destroyed by anything (even a kamikaze attack) let my opponent destroy any monster they want on my side of the field as its effect before it went to the graveyard. It became impossible to even keep monsters on the field for defensive purposes.

Your new best friends

Stuart444

So, now like 2/3 through the GX campaign, and while it's not a Yugi deck level of garbage, Jaden's deck just kind of keeps getting worse to a large degree. Just hit the point where those Chrysalis things got added, and you pretty much NEED to at least have that Neo Space field card down to do anything, otherwise you just have large chunks of garbage hanging around. So ready to be done this campaign (well, at least until I go back for reverse duels. But I may loosen up on using just the story decks for those...)

If it makes you feel better, Yusei's deck is pretty sweet in the 5D campaign.

The trap card Scrap-iron Scarecrow + Synchro Monster Stardust Dragon are just so good.

I used a mashed together deck vs skull while I made huge mistake using the synchro structure deck for my 2nd match. But I had fun and finally finished the campaign. Just reverse duels and challenges to go. Btw I want rematches vs you skull and my other opponent whose psn I forgot.

I used lightsworns
You know, I never got the chance to duel you in the tourney, even though you were the one I wanted to play against the most. Lol. We'll have to play sometime.

Macklelol, were you using your tournament deck in our practice matches? Just wondering because I don't remember having too much trouble, but you did manage to win the tournament
The only other person he lost to was also running Lightsworns. Apparently they're a good counter to his Worm deck.

I used a mashed together deck vs skull while I made huge mistake using the synchro structure deck for my 2nd match. But I had fun and finally finished the campaign. Just reverse duels and challenges to go. Btw I want rematches vs you skull and my other opponent whose psn I forgot.
Sounds like a plan. I think I know what deck I'm going to try making next, so I'll need done people to test it against.

You know, I never got the chance to duel you in the tourney, even though you were the one I wanted to play against the most. Lol. We'll have to play sometime.

The only other person he lost to was also running Lightsworns. Apparently they're a good counter to his Worm deck.
Yeah sandfox is the one who took me to losers. I'd offer a match now, but I'm currently on the road back to my college and I won't have a proper Internet in my college apartment until tuesday

Yeah sandfox is the one who took me to losers. I'd offer a match now, but I'm currently on the road back to my college and I won't have a proper Internet in my college apartment until tuesday
No worries. I'm at work right now, so I wouldn't be able to duel anyway. I can definitely duel you next week sometime.

Kouriozan

It wasn't there when I looked at it last night, but thanks for the heads up.
I have one but no idea where it came from.
Must be from farming Yugi pack for some spells.
Only opened booster from him, May and Bakura, now that I'm done with SP stuff, I have 500k DP and tons of boosters to buy T-T
Konami, please patch in multiple booster buy.

I have one but no idea where it came from.
Must be from farming Yugi pack for some spells.
Only opened booster from him, May and Bakura, now that I'm done with SP stuff, I have to open tons of boosters T-T
Konami, please patch in multiple booster buy.

I need this to be a feature so damn badly. I'm sitting on 250,000DP and buying packs takes forever.

Kouriozan

Trying to find Storm but the spreadheet/Gamefaqs/Google has failed me.
Will cycle through all the recipes to see if someone have one.

Edit : watched this guy video/channel about which cards are in (even the DLC locked one) and it's definitely in.

Edit 2 : no luck, nobody have it, gotta spam booster packs.

OmegaDL50

So my mission is to make a good Dark Magician deck and a good Blue-Eyes deck. I want to see how far I can take these classic cards with news mechanics like Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum (and even new Spells/Traps). What are some good support cards that have been added for these? I know Blue-Eyes got a cool Synchro counterpart (Azure-Eyes), and Dark Magician got an Xyz monster (Ebon Illusion Magician). Anything else similar to these?

Oh yeah, and I know Red-Eyes is getting a lot of support too lately. Just found out there's a Paladin of Dark Dragon. I got a kick out of that.

Well my personal deck is a Blue Eyes deck.

I've posted it several times in this thread. It actually takes advantage of all of the current rules and is a valid deck as of the April Banlist, it's generally going under revision, but it should still be relevant.

Legacy of Blue Eyes

Monster

3x Blue Eyes White Dragon
3x Maiden with Eyes of Blue
2x The White Stone of Legend
2x Bright Star Dragon
2x Delta Flyer
2x Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit
2x Honest
1x Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
1x Shining Angel

Spell Cards

3x Silver's Cry
3x Trade In
2x Dragon Shrine
2x Wonder Wand
2x Forbidden Lance
1x Hieratic Seal of Convocation
1x One for One
1x Book of Moon
1x Raigeki
1x Soul Charge

Trap Cards

2x Fiendish Chain
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra Deck

Xyz Monsters

1x Number 107: Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand

Synchro Monsters

1x Star Eater
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
2x Azure Eyes Silver Dragon
1x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Stardust Spark Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

Trying to find Storm but the spreadheet/Gamefaqs/Google has failed me.
Will cycle through all the recipes to see if someone have one.

Edit : watched this guy video/channel about which cards are in (even the DLC locked one) and it's definitely in.

Edit 2 : no luck, nobody have it, gotta spam booster packs.

This guy replying.

Like you said it's probably good to check the recipes for any duel in either the campaign or challenges you unlocked.

If you play against a specific AI they will drop a card they use in their deck from the recipe they use. If they don't give you any more cards that means you have everything they use. From that point it's basically booster pack hunting.

Boogiepop

If it makes you feel better, Yusei's deck is pretty sweet in the 5D campaign.

The trap card Scrap-iron Scarecrow + Synchro Monster Stardust Dragon are just so good.

Yeah, finally got through GX and into 5Ds, and this is off to a much better start.

Also, yay, stuff I don't really know much about! I watched GX on and off till around the time the Crystal Beasts guy showed up so most of that was familiar enough, but all I know 5Ds is from the brief story mode of when I tried the last/second to last DS game (which I finished the story on then gave up), and I guess the manga. But those seem pretty divergent, so this should be fun.

Also, what the hell at the one dude in GX apparently being part dinosaur because he got hurt near a dig and they saved him by putting a dino bone in him? Is that right? Because that's sounds like a special kind of dumb even by Yugioh standards.

OmegaDL50

Yeah, finally got through GX and into 5Ds, and this is off to a much better start.

Also, yay, stuff I don't really know much about! I watched GX on and off till around the time the Crystal Beasts guy showed up so most of that was familiar enough, but all I know 5Ds is from the brief story mode of when I tried the last/second to last DS game (which I finished the story on then gave up), and I guess the manga. But those seem pretty divergent, so this should be fun.

Also, what the hell at the one dude in GX apparently being part dinosaur because he got hurt near a dig and they saved him by putting a dino bone in him? Is that right? Because that's sounds like a special kind of dumb even by Yugioh standards.

While I love to say this was some 4kids plot tampering it was not, the Dinosaur DNA thing also exists in the original Japanese version.

macklelol

:eek: who gives worms cards? My friend kept beating me in like 5 or 6 turns 6 times in a damn row, i want to troll and beat him
Worm cards are from Jesse's pack. I can also post my decklist later if anyone else is interested.

Though I'll say that Worms are kinda weird and slow, gotta be real patient and can't be overly aggressive.

Fj0823

I would gladly help any of you having problems adjusting to find the deck for you.

Just let me know what kind of playstyle you like.

Worm cards are from Jesse's pack. I can also post my decklist later if anyone else is interested.

Though I'll say that Worms are kinda weird and slow, gotta be real patient and can't be overly aggressive.

post itttt and explain how to use it, i wanna beat that douche so bad. :mad:

RE_Player

Although it is annoying in the game nothing is more annoying than Lightsworn in real life. A guy at my local comic shop always ran his Lightsworn deck in tournaments and after losing to him for the fifth time it became my mission to take him down. Ended up using a really cheap burn deck.

Although it is annoying in the game nothing is more annoying than Lightsworn in real life. A guy at my local comic shop always ran his Lightsworn deck in tournaments and after losing to him for the fifth time it became my mission to take him down. Ended up using a really cheap burn deck.

so... did you beat him?

Kouriozan

Aww, The Monarchs Stormforth is the last piece of my deck is in the game but DLC locked (the one including ARC-V, I assume), same with Superheavy Samurais and I want to try them so much.
Hopefully we'll get some news soon.

Top Bottom