• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

macklelol

post itttt and explain how to use it, i wanna beat that douche so bad. :mad:
I'll have to post it a little later, won't be home for a while and I don't remember exactly what it is. You can start off by watching the matches I posted earlier on the last page or two, if using 50ppp

EDIT: Okay, here it is

Monsters: 16
3x Worm Xex
3x Worm Yagan
2x Worm Cartaros
1x Worm King
2x Fire Hand
2x Ice hand
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Traptrix Myrmeleo
1x Effect Veiler

Spells: 8
1x Book of Moon
1x Raigeki
1x Dark Hole
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Pot of Duality
1x Swords of Revealing Light

Traps: 16
3x W Nebula Meteorite
2x Mirror Force
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Waboku
2x Starlight Road
1x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Void Trap Hole

Extra: 15
1x Stardust Dragon
1x King of the Feral Imps
Whatever Rank 4 Xyz monsters you want

Basic plays and stuff:
Read and understand the effects of the cards in this deck. Some of the interactions between the cards should be pretty obvious, like Xex/Yagan.
- Summon Xex and mill Yagan with its effect, then special summon Yagan with its own effect in the graveyard.
- Worm Cartaros is your searcher, use it to get Xex in your hand.
- Abuse W Nebula Meteorite, it's your key trap card. If your opponent plays safer/passively, activate it on their end phase and reap the rewards. If your opponent plays aggressively, you can use it, with a set Yagan(s), to bounce strong threats away. If you use it like this, use it during the battle phase/when an enemy monster attacks. Don't waste Meteorite on something like a Cartaros that's gonna get destroyed by battle, just let it die and get a Xex to your hand.

Try a few duels to see if you like the playstyle/learn the combos and stuff.

Stuart444

While I love to say this was some 4kids plot tampering it was not, the Dinosaur DNA thing also exists in the original Japanese version.

Really? hahaha.

I'll probably still enjoy it when I get to the series (anime wise) but man, that is some stupidity from the writer. And I don't say that much <.<

Just hilariously stupid.

Thud

Really? hahaha.

I'll probably still enjoy it when I get to the series (anime wise) but man, that is some stupidity from the writer. And I don't say that much <.<

Just hilariously stupid.

Now I'm interested. The original yugioh series has that filler arc where Joey and his opponent turn the duel in a fist fight.

It's the best thing ever.

Kouriozan

Anyone got an idea for a fun/weird archetype.
It don't need to be strong or whatever.
At worst, I'll just wait for the new Toons cards to be unlocked. Apparently there is some future DLC locked Toons right now.

I tried Qli and really don't like it despite being quite strong.

Edit : Cookmates (and Performages to an extent) looks fun (in the anime), will check if there are already in the game or if we have to wait ARC-V DLC.
Re-Edit : not yet in, gotta wait ARC-V then :)
Deskbot looked nice but it's missing 004/005/006 and maybe more (fake edit, they were added in May/June 2015, that explains it).
Got even more hope on ARC-V DLC, even if we have to wait 3 months, it'll be worth it.

I'll have to post it a little later, won't be home for a while and I don't remember exactly what it is. You can start off by watching the matches I posted earlier on the last page or two, if using 50ppp

EDIT: Okay, here it is

Monsters: 16
3x Worm Xex
3x Worm Yagan
2x Worm Cartaros
1x Worm King
2x Fire Hand
2x Ice hand
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Traptrix Myrmeleo
1x Effect Veiler

Spells: 8
1x Book of Moon
1x Raigeki
1x Dark Hole
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Pot of Duality
1x Swords of Revealing Light

Traps: 16
3x W Nebula Meteorite
2x Mirror Force
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Waboku
2x Starlight Road
1x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Void Trap Hole

Extra: 15
1x Stardust Dragon
1x King of the Feral Imps
Whatever Rank 4 Xyz monsters you want

Basic plays and stuff:
Read and understand the effects of the cards in this deck. Some of the interactions between the cards should be pretty obvious, like Xex/Yagan.
- Summon Xex and mill Yagan with its effect, then special summon Yagan with its own effect in the graveyard.
- Worm Cartaros is your searcher, use it to get Xex in your hand.
- Abuse W Nebula Meteorite, it's your key trap card. If your opponent plays safer/passively, activate it on their end phase and reap the rewards. If your opponent plays aggressively, you can use it, with a set Yagan(s), to bounce strong threats away. If you use it like this, use it during the battle phase/when an enemy monster attacks. Don't waste Meteorite on something like a Cartaros that's gonna get destroyed by battle, just let it die and get a Xex to your hand.

Try a few duels to see if you like the playstyle/learn the combos and stuff.
^_^ ill grind to get these cards, jessie got all these cards or no?

Yo i saw the first ep of arc v, breh this dude is the god of cheese. And i thought yugi magically adding cards to his deck mid duel all the time was bad, this dude not only discovered a new summoning method, but made the effect of the very same dragon card he just used better. What makes me salty is that no one called out his bs till like the middle of the 2nd ep, dude cheesed the shit out of that match. Like the dude went, nah, i cant win with this hand, lets add an effect to these very same cards

Kouriozan

Well, they had to find a reason for those Pendulum Monsters to appear/exist, I'm sure they'll explain that near the end of the anime when he meet up/learn more about his dad.
Just speculation on my part as it didn't happen yet as far as mid season 2 and there is still no sign of this happening but it's so cliché (and Zexal), he also got his pendulum from him, iirc.

After that though, ARC-V is so good.

Kouriozan

Shaddolls?
Tried Qli so I guess I'll try that now.
I want to start building my Toons deck but I need to know when will some cards be unlocked.
Edit : argh, the wikia often not list the cards name in French, that's really infuriating as some are weirdly translated.
Example : El Shaddoll Construct = Construction Marionnette de l'Ombre El (or Construct doll of El Shadow)
Every other languages start with El "something" T-T

Re-Edit : it's also missing tons of cards.

EMT0

Banned
Glad I spent the $20 that I did on this game, it's been a lot of fun. Although I've also spent a lot of time reading each card because I forgot most everything outside of old metagame staples like Dark Hole and Raigiki. That metagame is dead...right guys? Right? No more cookie cutter 'Everybody uses these exact cards in ever damn deck'? Pls say yes.

Fj0823

Glad I spent the $20 that I did on this game, it's been a lot of fun. Although I've also spent a lot of time reading each card because I forgot most everything outside of old metagame staples like Dark Hole and Raigiki. That metagame is dead...right guys? Right? No more cookie cutter 'Everybody uses these exact cards in ever damn deck'? Pls say yes.

"Yes"

Its no longer the same staple cards over and over, but the top 7 themes being used over and over until the list kills them off to give a chance to new themes

Well, they had to find a reason for those Pendulum Monsters to appear/exist, I'm sure they'll explain that near the end of the anime when he meet up/learn more about his dad.
Just speculation on my part as it didn't happen yet as far as mid season 2 and there is still no sign of this happening but it's so cliché (and Zexal), he also got his pendulum from him, iirc.

After that though, ARC-V is so good.
They could have just had it exist already tho like how syncros did in 5Ds

Kouriozan

You know what, I'll be crazy and make and Akaba Reiji (Declan) deck.
Of course there will be cards missing but I want a crazy deck and one including every summon types sound crazy (minus ritual).
Until then, it'll be Toons and maybe Blue Eyes basing on Kaiba's challenge recipe.

Not really, considering where the plot is going

all im saying is that the first duel of the show was total bs and if i was the judge i would've totally disqualified him, that was cheating to the max, fuck what the machine says :mad: lol ill be watch ep 3 later today if i can, besides the cheesing I already like it more than zexal, reason i quit zexal after the first ep was cause i hated the art so much, it was disgusting, like it was trying super hard to appeal to kids. then I played this game and the main kid said "get set to get decked", at that moment i knew i made the right call of ignoring zexal.

HabeeNo

Quick anime talk: I'm by Episode 36 of Arc-V and I'm so hooked, it picked up so much! Finally talking about
Academia & Resistance. Also a duelist on a D-Wheeler showed up

Tied with 5D's as the best series so far, leggo :D

Quick anime talk: I'm by Episode 36 of Arc-V and I'm so hooked, it picked up so much! Finally talking about
Academia & Resistance. Also a duelist on a D-Wheeler showed up

Tied with 5D's as the best series so far, leggo :D

oh so 5Ds takes place in the same universe as Arc-V? i was told that 5Ds was retconned out of existence or some shit like that which was disappointing since its honestly the best yugioh imo, tops both the original and gx which i really enjoyed a lot (mind you, i saw the shitty censored dubs and still loved both of them). so its not that he travels to another dimension or anything; its like there straight up in the same world? which means all yugiohs are in the same universe then right? cause i know 5Ds is in the same as the first and 2nd since you hear about domino city in gx and the cop guy is the bully from the original.

they should retcon zexel out, zexal should get hype to take a hike

see what i did there? :3 like stay with xyzs cause they're cool, but retcon that shitty show

Kouriozan

oh so 5Ds takes place in the same universe as Arc-V? i was told that 5Ds was retconned out of existence or some shit like that which was disappointing since its honestly the best yugioh imo, tops both the original and gx which i really enjoyed a lot (mind you, i saw the shitty censored dubs and still loved both of them). so its not that he travels to another dimension or anything; its like there straight up in the same world? which means all yugiohs are in the same universe then right? cause i know 5Ds is in the same as the first and 2nd since you hear about domino city in gx and the cop guy is the bully from the original.

see what i did there? :3 like stay with xyzs cause they're cool, but retcon that shitty show
Well, there is both but it's alternate version. Not the same as Yuma or Yusei.
If it makes you feel better, alternate heartland is completely destroyed and only have a few survivors.
I suppose Academia will reference GX too.

Fj0823

Man, you're going to love Arc V lol

You'll get what you want
The way they play with the plot to introduce other worlds is really great

Not to stray too far off topic but this game convinced me to give 5Ds a go after the tutorial and first few duels of the campaign mode caught my interest. I'm about 40 episodes in and I am liking it just as much as I do the original series. For those of you who have watched 5Ds, would you say the quality holds up throughout because this honestly might surpass the original series for me, nostalgia be damned.

And for the game itself, is any more campaign DLC for the original series planned? I'm guessing anything after Battle City is unlikely but it would be great if we did get something, even if was just the most important duels like Yugi vs. Dartz etc.

Kouriozan

And for the game itself, is any more campaign DLC for the original series planned? I'm guessing anything after Battle City is unlikely but it would be great if we did get something, even if was just the most important duels like Yugi vs. Dartz etc.
Only ARC-V is confirmed coming at the moment, but I saw some important duels missing as well.
Only time will tell.

Fj0823

Not to stray too far off topic but this game convinced me to give 5Ds a go after the tutorial and first few duels of the campaign mode caught my interest. I'm about 40 episodes in and I am liking it just as much as I do the original series. For those of you who have watched 5Ds, would you say the quality holds up throughout because this honestly might surpass the original series for me, nostalgia be damned.

Unfortunately, much like the OG series, 5D's peaks at the middle point (Battle Ciy/
Dark Signers
) then it goes down quite a bit and character assasinates some side characters, in a Mai Valentine fashion.

Still, there was a good reason for this and the series is still amazing. But man, could've been legendary if not for that scandal

EDIT:As for Dartz, problem with him is that we only have 2 cards he uses, "The Seal of Orichalcos", and "Orichalcos Shunoros". That's it

Boogiepop

So just a random thought: what's the best/biggest big bad of a deck type that's actually usable? Those things always used to be super garbage back when I played, but do at least some decks nowadays have some big crazy monster that you can reasonably use?

Fj0823

So just a random thought: what's the best/biggest big bad of a deck type that's actually usable? Those things always used to be super garbage back when I played, but do at least some decks nowadays have some big crazy monster that you can reasonably use?

My favorite deck, Galaxy-Eyes, can easily dish 5600 atk with just one monster and it's entirely focused on beatdown. It wastes too much hand and resources per play though.

Also "Number C107: Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon" is beyond crazy

300px-GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon-PGLD-EN-GUR-1E.png
300px-GalaxyKnight-ZTIN-EN-UR-1E.png
300px-NumberC107NeoGalaxyEyesTachyonDragon-PRIO-EN-SR-1E.png

Only ARC-V is confirmed coming at the moment, but I saw some important duels missing as well.
Only time will tell.

Thanks. Even if we get nothing, what's there already has more than enough replayability if not for the reverse duels alone.

Unfortunately, much like the OG series, 5D's peaks at the middle point (Battle Ciy/
Dark Signers
) then it goes down quite a bit and character assasinates some side characters, in a Mai Valentine fashion.

Still, there was a good reason for this and the series is still amazing. But man, could've been legendary if not for that scandal

That's a shame, but at least I have the best still ahead of me with the
Dark Signers act only really getting into motion at this point.

McBryBry

Think I'm about to dive into the original series again while at work. Dunno if I wanna go JP or just watch the dub on Netflix though... I want the more "mature" route of the JP side, but memories in english!

You want to see another Exodia deck list? Of course you do.

This is actually my IRL deck I plan to build on the game once I get the it. It works alot better than it looks on paper.

Monsters
5 x Exodia pieces
3 x Cardcar D
1 x Battle Fader

Spells
1 x One Day of Peace
3 x Upstart Goblin
1 x Gold Sarcophagus
3 x Pot of Duality

Traps
3 x Waboku
3 x Legacy of Yata-Garasu
3 x Threatening Roar
3 x Reckless Greed
3 x Tri-and-Guess (3 x Gift Card can be substituted if you'd rather)
3 x Hope for Escape
3 x Jar of Greed
2 x Accumulated Fortune

Extra Deck
5 x any Fusion monsters
5 x any Synchro monsters
5 x any Xyz monsters

Fj0823

To be fair, you can't attack directly under Pegasus's rules....which makes the game completely pointless as you can just keep your field empty until you get your boss.

EDIT:I wish the summoning animations in this game looked a bit more like the anime.

Xyz Summoning is particularly pretty to look at

tumblr_n6mr47EOT61tscxiyo2_250.gif

KdylanR92

Wow I haven't played the game since base set or watched the show since a little bit before battle so most of all of this is new to me.

The amount of cards and new mechanics they added to this is insane and I wish I was better at the game to appreciate it a little more.

It took me like 10 tries to beat Pegasus and I only won because my starting hand was so good, and don't even ask how I won the last battle of the first season....

Kouriozan

Decided to look at that new Clash of Rebellions set and hot damn some cards looks awesome.
Make me want to build a real deck when I'll have time to.

Hope this one makes it into the ARC-V DLC since it basically have Declan (Reiji) Akaba D/D(/D) monsters and most importantly Dennis and his Performages!
Let's not forget the new Red-Eyes support *-* I think Fj0823 posted some of the new cards earlier.

EDIT : Go to this one for the pics
Man, you just reminded me. I NEED the Red-Eyes Support in this game!!! GIANT IMAGE HEAVY POST INCOMING!!

And oh wow, look at this beauty!

JU4avmn.jpg

Fj0823

Was reading on the new cards coming to the TCG in december

So with the Addition of "Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon" Odd-Eyes is the only deck in existence that can use Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum consistently.

That's like the full YGO experience in just 1 deck. I WILL BUY YOU.

Was reading on the new cards coming to the TCG in december

So with the Addition of "Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon" Odd-Eyes is the only deck in existence that can use Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum consistently.

That's like the full YGO experience in just 1 deck. I WILL BUY YOU.
Holy crap, some of those cards are beautiful.

I-hate-u

I like how they all have different elements too. I am just not feeling Odd Eyes. I wish there was the same support for Stardust, the goat main signature card of Yugioh.

Top Bottom