• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist |OT|Yes, I did summon a bunch of monsters in one turn

Afrocious

Yay, I'm glad this thread is still going.

In this game, I'm trying to make a good Cyber Dragon deck, but I feel like it kinda sucks. I've been using what I can research from the internet, but to no avail.

I don't know if it's because of my skill, or if CD decks aren't that good to begin with.

Can anyone help?

Wichu

Was reading on the new cards coming to the TCG in december

So with the Addition of "Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon" Odd-Eyes is the only deck in existence that can use Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum consistently.

That's like the full YGO experience in just 1 deck. I WILL BUY YOU.

You missed the Tribute version (which also makes up the last Attribute).

OddEyesSaberDragon-YS15-EN-ScR-1E.png

Fj0823

You missed the Tribute version (which also makes up the last Attribute).

OddEyesSaberDragon-YS15-EN-ScR-1E.png

That one is the Aquaman of the deck ):

Normal Odd-Eyes (Before being Pendulum'd) is better...and that's saying something

Yay, I'm glad this thread is still going.

In this game, I'm trying to make a good Cyber Dragon deck, but I feel like it kinda sucks. I've been using what I can research from the internet, but to no avail.

I don't know if it's because of my skill, or if CD decks aren't that good to begin with.

Can anyone help?

Post your deck list I might be able to help, and yes, Im happy my first OT is popular :,D

Wichu

That one is the Aquaman of the deck ):

Normal Odd-Eyes (Before being Pendulum'd) is better...and that's saying something

I'd rather have the extra ATK, special summon condition, and destruction effect than the burn effect. But yeah, it's a bit crappy compared to the other versions.

Afrocious

Gonna post my Cyber Dragon deck, but first, if anyone has any suggestions as to what kind of deck I would enjoy, please make recommendations. I like playing 'nuke' cards and doing OTKs if possible. In Magic, I would prefer playing Black and Red or Black and White. I also liked a little Blue sometimes for control nonsense lol.

My current Cyber Dragon deck:

Monsters
3 x Cyber Dragon Core
3 x Cyber Larva
3 x Cyber Dragon Drei
3 x Cyber Dragon
2 x Armored Cybern
2 x Cyber Valley
2 x Cyber Phoenix
1 x Cyber Eltanin
1 x Honest
1 x Jinzo

Magic
2 x Cyber Repair Plant
2 x Machine Assembly Line
2 x Polymerization
1 x De-Fusion
1 x Different Dimension Capsule
1 x Fusion Sage
1 x Mystical Space Typhoon
1 x Power Bond

Traps
1 x Cyber Network
1 x Cyber Summon Blaster
1 x Cybernetic Hidden Technology
1 x DNA Surgery
1 x Mirror Force
1 x Raigeki Break
1 x Sakuretsu Armor
1 x Widespread Ruin

Extra Deck
3 x Cyber End Dragon
2 x Chimeratech Overdragon
2 x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 x Pair Cycroid
1 x Cyber Dragon Nova
1 x Cyber Twin Dragon

can I make a nekroz deck in this game?

I'd like to branch out from Cyber Dragon to something more powerful is possible.

Yeah. Not even locked behind DLC (The only super meta deck behind dlc seems to be Tellarknights). The cards seem to be in the Alexis pack.

Other great meta archetypes worth looking into are Shaddolls (In Jesse's pack), Qli (Pendulum pack), and Burning Abyss (Some are in pendulum pack, but the best way is through the bakura challenge duel I think)

Fj0823

Thanks FJ!

You might have a some reading to do, but here. I added a link to any new card I added.

I'm still working on it so I put some options in there for you to try and decide which one is better for you

The core of the deck is to use "Magic Planter" to Draw 2 cards by sending "Cyber Network" to the grave, thus triggering it's massive summon effect

Monsters
3 x Cyber Dragon Core
2-3 x Proto-Cyber Dragon
3 x Cyber Dragon Drei
3 x Cyber Dragon
3 x Cyber Valley
1-2 x Cyber Dragon Zwei
0-1 x Cyber Eltanin

1-2 x Honest

If they expand the game with new sets, change the ones in bold for 3 x Galaxy soldier

Spells
3 x Cyber Repair Plant
1-2 x Overload Fusion
2 x Machine Duplication
2 x Mystical Space Typhoon
3 x Power Bond
1 x Raigeki
1 x Limiter Removal
2-3 x Magic Planter
0-1 x Evolution Burst
0-2 x Instant Fusion (If you want to use Xyz easier)

Traps
3 x Cyber Network
2-3 x Fiendish Chain
2 x DNA Surgery
1 x Mirror Force
2 x Safe Zone
1 x Solemn Warning
1 x Bottomless Trap Hole

Extra Deck
1-2 x Chimeratech Overdragon
3 x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
0-2 x Panzer Dragon (If you decide to use instant fusion)
2 x Cyber Twin Dragon
1 x Cyber End Dragon
2 x Cyber Dragon Nova
2 x Gear Gigant X
1 x Number 61: Volcasaurus
1 x Constellar Pleiades

oh ok you got it. those cards in this game?

Yep, all of them.

Afrocious

Nope, you can summon a bunch of monsters in one turn remember?
So who cares? :p

I mean, I thought cards like Raigeki and Monster Reborn were banned in limited play or something.

Also, you have any other recommendations for brutal decks that I can make in this game?

Fj0823

I mean, I thought cards like Raigeki and Monster Reborn were banned in limited play or something.

Also, you have any other recommendations for brutal decks that I can make in this game?

In all seriousness, Raigeki got unbanned last year, and it will probably stay that way. The card however is limited to 1 per deck

might be a good Idea to post the full list

Brutal as in absolutely Broken? Nekroz / Qliphort
Brutal as in really really high attack monsters being relentless? / Galaxy, Cyber dragon and U.A

Zalman

It's been years but I still can't believe they made Level 4 normal monsters with 2000 attack points. That seems like overkill to me. I remember when 2000 ATK meant a tribute or at least some negative effect, haha.

It's been years but I still can't believe they made Level 4 normal monsters with 2000 attack points. That seems like overkill to me. I remember when 2000 ATK meant a tribute or at least some negative effect, haha.

Haha I know what you mean. When I saw Gene Warped Warwolf for the first time I lost my shit. I remember thinking to myself that 2000 atk on a level 4 was so overpowered and even went as far as buying it online back in 2007 lol. I believe it was the only Yugioh card I ever bought individually since I was only ever a casual player.

Zalman

Haha I know what you mean. When I saw Gene Warped Warwolf for the first time I lost my shit. I remember thinking to myself that 2000 atk on a level 4 was so overpowered and even went as far as buying it online back in 2007 lol. I believe it was the only Yugioh card I ever bought individually since I was only ever a casual player.
It kind of saddens me how many old cards are obsolete because of it. I remember seeing the Panther Warrior + Scapegoat combo for the first time and being amazed by it.

Fj0823

lol the game was so much simpler back then, it's funny.

That's not really true.

Casual play was simpler, but tournament play was full of ridiculous loops and FTKs

Nothing I've seen in these years come close to Delinquent Duo + Yatalock.

Maybe only the Wind-Up loop from a couple years ago.

HabeeNo

On to GustyGardner's point, is a Normal deck still a thing? Like, low level strong normal monsters, and support with Justi-Break and stuff

I-hate-u

That's not really true.

Casual play was simpler, but tournament play was full of ridiculous loops and FTKs

I was never a tournament player, but I remember the duels I had with my brother where i tribute summon a 1700 atk vanilla monster. Good times.

Afrocious

Just got some Nekroz cards. Yeah I can see how these can get kinda insane.

Still, I'm finding it hard to figure out what kind of deck suits me. I like sadistic powerhouses. Like how playing a Black deck would be in MTG.

The about YGO that gets me is how there's limits to how many monsters you have on the field. I remember having like 30 monsters in a MTG duel lol.

Boogiepop

Actually, from following the thread to some degree but otherwise being out of the loop: are rituals in general better now, or is it only the Nekroz stuff that's good?

Made a Nekroz deck for fun, too bad I can't test it online until tuesday when I get my internet box (I've been using my phone as a hotspot until then, but I don't want to use too much data by going online).

When are we planning to do our next tournament? I want to try out my meta decks in that type of format

Afrocious

Made a Nekroz deck for fun, too bad I can't test it online until tuesday when I get my internet box (I've been using my phone as a hotspot until then, but I don't want to use too much data by going online).

When are we planning to do our next tournament? I want to try out my meta decks in that type of format

Hey man, how are you getting cards for your deck? I'm finding it to be a crap-shoot in figuring out who has what card.

Fj0823

Wordddd? Damn yo, you know everything about yugioh, you're super handy :p i assumed it was banned cause i remember ages ago that it was

Thanks!

though I don't know if I should feel proud or ashamed for knowing this much about my hobby lol

As for rituals Nekroz, Gishki, Prediction Princess and Herald are the only capable ones atm.

Hi just had my account activated today what is a good sample deck for xyz . I stop playing when 5ds started and used to the warrior/ spellcaster cards.

Fj0823

Hi just had my account activated today what is a good sample deck for xyz . I stop playing when 5ds started and used to the warrior/ spellcaster cards.

Well...saying you want "Xyz Monsters" is like saying you want to use effect monsters...It really depends on your playstyle.

You said you like Spellcasters and Warrior, and one of the decks I use for fun matches happens to be an Xyz focused Warrior/Spellcaster deck

(For those wondering, I own 4 decks)

That deck is Gagagas

They can summon any Xyz Monster from Rank 1 to 8 no problem, and the deck us fun and has lots of options, but it's nowhere near competitive

Fj0823

what would you recommend for a pendulum dragon deck?

Pendulums are still kinda new. No full-Dragon Pendulum Archetypes that I´m aware off

Odd-Eyes is more of a Spellcaster deck with Dragon bosses

There's also Dracoslayers, but they're really new only have like 4 cards for now, and not in this game. And they are not pure pendulum, like most pendulum decks, they work to enhance another types of summon

They're cool because they have a Pendulum/Tuner Monster (yes, you read that right)

Afrocious

This is probably late as hell, but I figured out a way to get cards somewhat guaranteed.

If you're looking for a card, check to see if it's in a deck recipe. If it is, then keep dueling the duelist who you beat to get that recipe to begin with. Surrendering duels is probably the fastest thing to do, though I did have to win to get the last few cards I needed from a specific deck recipe.

This is how I got the entirety of the Challenge Pegasus Maladoche deck in about an hour.

This is probably late as hell, but I figured out a way to get cards somewhat guaranteed.

If you're looking for a card, check to see if it's in a deck recipe. If it is, then keep dueling the duelist who you beat to get that recipe to begin with. Surrendering duels is probably the fastest thing to do, though I did have to win to get the last few cards I needed from a specific deck recipe.

This is how I got the entirety of the Challenge Pegasus Maladoche deck in about an hour.

If you have a good Exodia deck (you can of course use banned cards like Graceful Charity, Pot of Greed etc. in single player) you can do this much faster. I manage to complete deck recipes in about 15 minutes this way as games usually end around turn 5.

Afrocious

If you have a good Exodia deck (you can of course use banned cards like Graceful Charity, Pot of Greed etc. in single player) you can do this much faster. I manage to complete deck recipes in about 15 minutes this way as games usually end around turn 5.

Oh wow. Mind filling me in on a good Exodia deck to do this with?

EDIT: Found this vid of a broken Exodia deck. Looks easy enough to make. I'll give it a whirl

Top Bottom