• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder's Justice League |OT| Tell Me...Do You Still Bleed?

tkscz

I honestly didn't expect RLM to like the movie, pretty cool that they did.
Honestly, I did expect them to like it. I didn't expect them to say it, just focus on what they don't like because honestly they are more entertaining when complaining.

Ooh, I just remembered the worst thing about the film: the most god awful rendition of hallelujah I have ever heard, and I've heard the Alexandra Burke version.

I liked watching Alfred fret over Diana making tea.

Hatemachine

Banned
Ooh, I just remembered the worst thing about the film: the most god awful rendition of hallelujah I have ever heard, and I've heard the Alexandra Burke version.

I liked watching Alfred fret over Diana making tea.
The version was Allison Crowe's, who performed it at the funeral of his daughter who committed suicide. It was her favorite song.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Gal Gadot has me under a spell. I don't usually fawn over celebrities, but something must have hit my sweet spot. It literally makes the film distracting and upsetting to watch.

Finally saw this. It was awesome! Snyder really has an eye for an image. He's probably the best right now for sheer spectacle.

Lots of cheesy dialog, lots of overblown sequences. Feel a lot more "fantasy" than the theatrical release, which was more like a generic action more. This was more like reading a comic book.

Hugare

It's funny how wrong you are.
Rich start the video saying it's an "unbutchered mess". Jay and Mike both agree.

How should I know that their actual opinions would be different?

"Watch the video", ok, but its 1h long. Didnt want to watch 1 hour of them punching a dead horse.

But I watched it now, and I'm glad that Mike and Jay enjoyed the movie quite a lot, especialy Jay

Last edited:

ManaByte

WarnerMedia CEO says no to JL2 and 3:

The campaign for #ReleaseTheSnyderCut has moved into a new phase. It’s now #RestoreTheSnyderVerse. What’s your reaction to this new campaign?

I appreciate that they love Zack’s work and we are very thankful for his many contributions to DC. We’re just so happy that he could bring his cut of the “Justice League” to life because that wasn’t in the plan until about a year ago. With that comes the completion of his trilogy. We’re very happy we’ve done this, but we’re very excited about the plans we have for all the multi-dimensional DC characters that are being developed right now.

This part is baffling:

Will there be more of these director’s cuts? Will we see David Ayer’s cut of “Suicide Squad”?

We won’t be developing David Ayer’s cut.

The Ayer cut is like 99% finished. They tested it in front of audiences before handing it off to the trailer company to edit. There are like two shots without finished effects. It'd cost almost nothing to finish and put on HBO Max. It's not a year long 70M project like this was.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
WarnerMedia CEO says no to JL2 and 3:

This part is baffling:

The Ayer cut is like 99% finished. They tested it in front of audiences before handing it off to the trailer company to edit. There are like two shots without finished effects. It'd cost almost nothing to finish and put on HBO Max. It's not a year long 70M project like this was.
How did Suicide Squad turn out so awful? Ayer made the movie Fury, right? That movie is fucking amazing. More "spinless execs" like Justice league?

ManaByte

How did Suicide Squad turn out so awful? Ayer made the movie Fury, right? That movie is fucking amazing. More "spinless execs" like Justice league?

Ayer finished his cut, WB tested his version in front of audiences but then decided they wanted it to be Guardians of the Galaxy and had a trailer company edit it and turn it into the movie released.

His cut was closer in tone to the SDCC trailer:

The difference between his cut and the theatrical is the tone and there is A LOT more Joker, the Joker/Harley relationship in his cut is very blatantly abusive, and there's a whole action scene in the subway with the squad vs the Joker.

Again, it's like 99% complete as the public test screening only had a couple shots without final effects. Would cost them nothing to put it on HBO Max.

Doesn't really seem like a hard no to me on JL2/3. The movie sounds like a hit. Even RLM liked it and they trashed the original.

Suicide Squad director's cut, nobody want to see that.

The singing didn't start until like 1-2 minutes into the credits, you'd have to purposefully want to wait to hear it. Personally, I liked the rendition.
I was waiting to see if there were any mid/post credits scenes while running through a couple of duolingo lessons.

Hatemachine

Banned
What part of that sentence was hard to understand?
It's not about what WB wants anymore, it's what daddy AT&T wants. If WB had their way the Snyder Cut would have never been released in any form. I do think that this is the end of the Snyderverse though. Even if there's money to be made here, the creative relationship between Snyder and WB is just too far gone.

Lanrutcon

Watched it tonight. Yeah, this was actually a decent movie. The post ending bullshit was stupid, but the film itself was actually engrossing and all the characters got given their due. Well played.

Dr_Salt

I'm a fan of Snyder but this movie was alright at best. Actions scenes were really good but story and dialogue were pretty mediocre. Snyder has alot of talent but he just needs to work with a better script.
Also I can't take seriously the people who said this movie was better than the director's cut of Watchmen. Looking forward to Army of the Dead.

GloveSlap

I could definitely see a fan edit making it even better. Take the 4k disc.....cut the epilogue/Martian Manhunter and reframe it for 16x9.

Macattk15

Movie was still pretty shitty. Did not need to be 4 hours. The Knightmare scene was RIDICULOUS and Martian Manhunter sure the hell was shoehorned in, just yikes.

Also I've never seen a movie make Darkseid look so pathetic.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Movie was still pretty shitty. Did not need to be 4 hours. The Knightmare scene was RIDICULOUS and Martian Manhunter sure the hell was shoehorned in, just yikes.

Also I've never seen a movie make Darkseid look so pathetic.
tenor.gif

trikster40

Sooooo much better than Whedon’s. I will say, the only thing from Whedon’s that I wish was in this cut was during the JL fight with Superman, Batman says “The world needs you” and Supes says “but does it need you?” I thought that was an awesome line cuz bats thought he was toast at that moment.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Made it through the first two chapters. I have liked it so far. I really enjoyed all the OLD gods fighting and even a member of the lantern core being there was cool to see.

GamingKaiju

I think ZSJL finally did WW some justice it always pissed me of in Whedons cut that she got cucked by superman in the Steppenwolf battle. I felt that she was much stronger and held her own much better in this version and got in the final blow.

Yeh I know Superman is stronger but Diana is a warrior and they did a better showing Amazonian Diana in this then in 2017.

Mahadev

I love these guys but they pretty much hate Snyder and his DC universe so it's high praise from them admitting that they liked it. I do agree with them though about the epilogue being pointless and kind of a mess. Snyder could have put that entire part after the end credits so that we don't consider it part of the movie, the movie ending after the final action scene would have been perfect imo.

99Luffy

Banned
Sooooo much better than Whedon’s. I will say, the only thing from Whedon’s that I wish was in this cut was during the JL fight with Superman, Batman says “The world needs you” and Supes says “but does it need you?” I thought that was an awesome line cuz bats thought he was toast at that moment.
The scene after Lois says 'you spoke' and superman says 'did I not before?'
Having him speak during the fight would just have made him evil for no reason instead of a person not remembering who he was.
In the Whedon version Louis instead says 'you smell good.'

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Streets are wet looks like it just rained, top is down on convertible driven by love interest. Movie loses 2 stars for this unrealistic scenario.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Doesn't really seem like a hard no to me on JL2/3. The movie sounds like a hit. Even RLM liked it and they trashed the original.

Suicide Squad director's cut, nobody want to see that.
I agree with first part, but I actually would like to see Ayer's Suicide Squad. I don't expect it to convince me the film is great, but it's fascinating getting to see these unreleased versions. I didn't expect to love ZSJL and I do, so I'd be down to give SS a chance. The initial trailer really is cool.

Top Bottom