• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Four Swords (3DS/DSi) |OT| Multi-player Zelda now with single-player, too!

Mik2121

Jackano said:
Yeah of course, you didn't understand me.
The side effect I was talking about is the absurd easiness of the boss.
Well, it's the first boss! Things get a tiny bit harder afterwards (not much, though... lol).

Anyway, loved the game, but I still don't know how to access two of the three doors available on the sky level, and I've been stuck on that since a few hours ago, arghh...

Do you think a japanese version could communicate with a european version? Would love to play this with my gf, but my DSi is a japanese and my 3DS is European...

djlr181

Ninjagorilla said:
Do you think a japanese version could communicate with a european version? Would love to play this with my gf, but my DSi is a japanese and my 3DS is European...

You can't. The game's region locked. :(

Ninjagorilla said:

Well I have a US DSi. I'll let you know if cross region play works when it gets released on the US store.

Anyway, loved the game, but I still don't know how to access two of the three doors available on the sky level, and I've been stuck on that since a few hours ago, arghh...

Once you've beaten Vaati once you can get the golden keys by going back and beating each stage with more than 3000 rupees in total.

Beat Vaati again afterwards and then you can get the Hero keys by getting more than 5,000 rupees in each stage (bloody hard BTW!)

[Nintex]

What the fuck this piece of shit is broken as hell lol

I'm at the Ice boss, but it switches colors whenever I switch Links so it's unbeatable in singleplayer or bugged right now lol.

[Nintex] said:

I'm at the Ice boss, but it switches colors whenever I switch Links so it's unbeatable in singleplayer or bugged right now lol.

That's what I thought at first, but you need to hit the right orb with the right Link
even when the orb appears to be grey
without touching the rest of the body.

Just did the tutorial, forest and ice stages with three players.
I have to agree that this game wouldn't work online at all, the fun of being with your companions makes up a huge part of the experience.
Can't believe we got this for free!

Tambini

Just played through the first level foreveralone style.

It's fun but I can tell it's gonna be a hell of a lot more fun with friends.

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Just did the tutorial, forest and ice stages with three players.
I have to agree that this game wouldn't work online at all, the fun of being with your companions makes up a huge part of the experience.
Can't believe we got this for free!
get an extra player as soon as you can. 2 and 3 players is great, but 4 player really pushes it to another level. the 4 player puzzles are ace.

it's also way more fun to backstab in person. you can see the anger on their face... so fun. griefing never seemed so built into the gameplay before or since.

wrowa

[Nintex] said:

Don't worry, Zelda's just too hard for you.

:p

plagiarize said:
get an extra player as soon as you can. 2 and 3 players is great, but 4 player really pushes it to another level. the 4 player puzzles are ace.

it's also way more fun to backstab in person. you can see the anger on their face... so fun.

Yeah, the game's fun level literally multiplies with the number of players you have. Nothing like 4 player 4 Swords! (or 4 player FSA for that matter!)

This game is the ultimate friendship breaker. So many wonderful "FUCK YOU LOL!" moments in this game, whether it be blowing your friends up or throwing them down holes in order to nick both chests (leaving them with nothing!)

Nuclear Muffin said:
Yeah, the game's fun level literally multiplies with the number of players you have. Nothing like 4 player 4 Swords! (or 4 player FSA for that matter!)

This game is the ultimate friendship breaker. So many wonderful "FUCK YOU LOL!" moments in this game, whether it be blowing your friends up or throwing them down holes in order to nick both chests (leaving them with nothing!)
nothing is funnier than throwing pots on your friends heads. NOTHING. espescially when they're in the middle of walking on a really tricky thin pathway over a pit. or heading over towards a treasure chest.

The Hermit

Oh Man, what a perfect way to get hyped for SS! The only Zelda I've never played (except the CDi of course)... hope the single player mode is good.

Glix

I actually met other people with 3DS's! Some of the dudes who play Magic: The Gathering at my local store! I'll actually be able to play this, multi!!!!

(none of my friends or people I know in other parts of my life have a 3DS or DSi. A few have a DSL)

Glix said:
I actually met other people with 3DS's! Some of the dudes who play Magic: The Gathering at my local store! I'll actually be able to play this, multi!!!!

(none of my friends or people I know in other parts of my life have a 3DS or DSi. A few have a DSL)
what nintendo and capcom made with four swords was one of the best multiplayer games ever. that so few people got to play it multiplayer is a giant shame, and making this version free should rectify that.

i'm really happy that more people are now going to get to experience four swords and to see for themselves exactly what makes it such a special multiplayer game. i'm glad we don't need cables. i'm glad we don't need multiple copies. friends with DSis and 3DS is still an entry requirement, but it's the smallest entry requirement the game has ever had for multiplayer.

donny2112

4 Swords is up on the U.S. shop!!!!! :D (DSi and 3DS sides :) )

Edit:
Also, it implies that the game will be removed from the service after February 20.

"This title will be available for a limited time only (September 28, 2011 through February 20, 2012)."

four swords is up. who wants to....play..

no online
14.gif

Too bad I can't get on my school internet with my DSi... will have to find another hotspot...
Edit: Never mind, forgot I could set up a hotspot with Internet Sharing on my laptop...
Double edit: I seem to have forgotten how to do this properly...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
donny2112 said:
Also, it implies that the game will be removed from the service after February 20.

"This title will be available for a limited time only (September 28, 2011 through February 20, 2012)."
That's already been confirmed for a while.

OnPoint

So here's a quick question: Can a DSi and a 3DS play this game together?

EDIT: It's in the OP haha

The answer is yes.

w00t

Javier

OnPoint said:
So here's a quick question: Can a DSi and a 3DS play this game together?

EDIT: It's in the OP haha

The answer is yes.

w00t
For the record, this applies to every DSiWare game with multiplayer.

Berordn

Just realized that with my 3DS sent in for repair I'll have to play through it twice after downloading it on my DSi. Such a tragic life I lead.

Does the single-player mode still semi-randomly generate dungeons or is it predetermined to keep it basic enough for the dummy Link?

Roto13

Wow, the instructions say you don't need to use the L and R buttons in multiplayer mode. That means I can play multiplayer between my 3DS and busted DSi.

Mik2121

Holy shit, the game is a piece of cake compared to what you unlock when you get 30,000 rupees. Shit's getting tough :O

Wow, you can hurt enemies by throwing bombs at them. Awesome, but kind of bittersweet, as the recoil will knock them away from the bomb blast.

I'm pretty sure you can't do that in any other Zelda game...

Top Bottom