• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero ༺*|OT|*༻ Gotta Waifu 'Em All ♡(੭´͈ ᐜ `͈)੭♡

Is the Switch in on L1/R1 random? I am so annoyed by this. Sometimes Nicole comes in and sometimes Billy.
Same with Chain Attacks, sometimes Billy is on L1 and sometimes Nichole I hate that <.<
I don't think it's random, but the way it detects the enemy's attack, but I haven't figured it out fully yet.
It only happens when you have a dodge character (billy) on your team instead of a blocker, with three blockers it will always go in the order you press the button, but if you have a dodge character it seems some attacks will pull out the perfect evasion instead of the block, so the dodge character comes out instead of the one next in line.

Last edited:
Around a month+ before the next big update - v1.2

Only RNG god knows the answer to this question.
What I wanted to ask like the quingyi banner says billy and corin has a chance to drop aswell and I have like 100 master tapes saved
Is there only chance of these 3 dropping or every 10 drops any charecter can drop how do these rolls work ??
I got 100 encrypted master tapes ATM and on chapter 2 right now

Last edited:

Aenima

What I wanted to ask like the quingyi banner says billy and corin has a chance to drop aswell and I have like 100 master tapes saved
Is there only chance of these 3 dropping or every 10 drops any charecter can drop how do these rolls work ??
I got 100 encrypted master tapes ATM and on chapter 2 right now
In the Quingyi banner every 10 pulls garantee a A rate character, it can be any A rate character but the chances that Billy and Corin drop are much higher.

In the Quingyi banner every 10 pulls garantee a A rate character, it can be any A rate character but the chances that Billy and Corin drop are much higher.
Ahh I see so if I have billy and corin already I should avoid this banner ? But by this logic shouldn't banners be for like a week or so ? I mean waiting month for new characters seems excessive no ?

Aenima

Ahh I see so if I have billy and corin already I should avoid this banner ? But by this logic shouldn't banners be for like a week or so ? I mean waiting month for new characters seems excessive no ?
Every new Limited Banner lasts 20 days, so yeah need to wait 20 days untill the next limited banner if the character in the recent one dosent interest you. In the future the game will reach a point where they start doing double banners with a new character + a returning character.

Every new Limited Banner lasts 20 days, so yeah need to wait 20 days untill the next limited banner if the character in the recent one dosent interest you. In the future the game will reach a point where they start doing double banners with a new character + a returning character.
I see thanks alot man really appreciate ur help

Ahh I see so if I have billy and corin already I should avoid this banner ?
no, since characters get better with more copies, 6 copies being the max.
Sometimes C1 makes a character quite a bit better, other times you'd have to go all the way to C6.
So if you like using billy or corin, or if you just want qingyi, then it might be a good idea to summon on it; it basically comes down to how much you like the banner units.
These two banners for instance were a bit annoying for me for example, since I do like qingyi, more than jane, but I have no interest in pulling more copies of billy, while the next banner has jane, but who I really want is seth and with a high as possible C# as possible; so if the banner was qingyi + seth it would've been perfect for me.

no, since characters get better with more copies, 6 copies being the max.
Sometimes C1 makes a character quite a bit better, other times you'd have to go all the way to C6.
So if you like using billy or corin, or if you just want qingyi, then it might be a good idea to summon on it; it basically comes down to how much you like the banner units.
These two banners for instance were a bit annoying for me for example, since I do like qingyi, more than jane, but I have no interest in pulling more copies of billy, while the next banner has jane, but who I really want is seth and with a high as possible C# as possible; so if the banner was qingyi + seth it would've been perfect for me.
I haven't used billy or corin yet I'm all fire ATM till I finish story how do u know what's the next banner

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
In the future the game will reach a point where they start doing double banners with a new character + a returning character.
If they'll do that, it's going to be a disaster for those of us who don't care about dupes of S rank characters we already have. There's also a high chance I'll skip the character if they'll do that. I mean, it's hard enough already for some people to get an S rank character with 190 tapes, now imagine how even more hard it'll be where there's 2 of them and you only need the new one.

Have they done this in Genshin and HSR?

Aenima

If they'll do that, it's going to be a disaster for those of us who don't care about dupes of S rank characters we already have. There's also a high chance I'll skip the character if they'll do that. I mean, it's hard enough already for some people to get an S rank character with 190 tapes, now imagine how even more hard it'll be where there's 2 of them and you only need the new one.

Have they done this in Genshin and HSR?
Yeah, in Genshin, around 1 year after release, they started releasing 2 limited banners instead of 1. One banner with a new character and the other with a returning character.

The banners are separated so if you are junt interested in the new character you can just pull in the new character banner and skip the banner with the returning character.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yeah, in Genshin, around 1 year after release, they started releasing 2 limited banners instead of 1. One banner with a new character and the other with a returning character.

The banners are separated so if you are junt interested in the new character you can just pull in the new character banner and skip the banner with the returning character.
Oh, well, in that case I don't mind:messenger_relieved:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Here's a couple reaction gifs with Caesar from the new event. :messenger_smirking:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The end of the Camilla Golden Week event was a bit of a let down with just black screen and text, not even a still image of everyone around the table. Overall it was a decent event, but ya the end… pretty lame.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Uh, it's all good an all, but there's not going to be any story content (not agent quests which are short) for at least 20 more days and even then we don't know if there'll be another 3 hour special episode (which is still short) or not.

Have Genshin and HSR ever got 10-20 hours of actual story updates (not small character quests, mini games, small events etc.) or not? I mean, the main story in ZZZ showed some good potential, but what we got so far is nothing more than prologue at best (the first 3 chapters) and if they're going to be releasing small events and 3 hrs special episodes once a month which are not related to the main story... How long will it last? I mean, they can't keep doing it forever aren't they? Small stuff, releasing agents and showing absolutely nothing when it comes to the main story... aren't doing much for the game tbh and at the end of the day it's just turning it into Dailies: The Video Game.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, what's the point in the new characters going forward if all you'll be doing is dailies and battery burn 90% of the time?

Spyxos

Gold Member
What would be the better engine for Ellen? Event lvl 50 Engine maxed out or lvl 50 Starlight Engine with 1 upgrade?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
20 hours of story in a single update is never gonna happen, that's a whole $60 game
Not unless they'll be working on it for half a year+ at least along side small content updates, events etc. And $60... whales paying them millions via MTX as we speak to get dupes of characters and W-Engines, I can see them everyday as I'm doing check-ins via phone app.

I'm just trying to understand what's the point of even writing 3 chapters of a story (which is again, nothing more than a prologue) you're not going to continue in any meaningful way? Which is why I asked if they did it eventually for Genshin and HSR or not. I mean, they're putting a lot more work and money into all these videos with in-game assets / models, but could've made an actual story content instead (not to mention got rid of thise stupid black screens with text explaining what happened more often than I can count).

Last edited:
Ya I’m feeling the grind in ZZZ already myself, after the recent event was finished I haven’t even been logging in everyday. It’s like Star Rail for me, got caught up so quick, there’s little to do. Just on standby mode and doing dailies…

SSfox

HOLY FUCK this game really want me to build Koleda, I got her Weapon in perma in first week release, then got Koleda character on Ellen banner, now I got her again via perma. So she's C1R1 now,I was hesitating if I should build Anby or Koleda as Stun for my second team, I was more learning to Anby tbh but now I think I'm gonna 180° and go Koleda instead 🤣

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
HOLY FUCK this game really want me to build Koleda, I got her Weapon in perma in first week release, then got Koleda character on Ellen banner, now I got her again via perma. So she's C1R1 now,I was hesitating if I should build Anby or Koleda as Stun for my second team, I was more learning to Anby tbh but now I think I'm gonna 180° and go Koleda instead 🤣
Koleda is the only Stun Fire character in the game and she's really good.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Good luck bro, her gameplay is so much fun and she makes every battle a lot easier compared to other characters.
Thanks! I really like her gameplay so I'm looking forward to snagging her.

Btw, it looks like HoYo also sent us a bunch of crafting mats (pic is from reddit). Did you get these in your in-game mail, too?

zjnddahhbpmd1.jpeg

Last edited:
How did you already get her? I still see only Quingyi.

Edit: No way i got Jane and Seth both in only 20 pulls

tmVL0wx.jpeg

I'm on the Asia server and i think that server updates early compared to other regions.

Congrats man, she will carry you in all the 50+ level battles. i don't know how the devs are going to top her after her high popularity, feel zero hype for Caesar and Burnice compared to her, now if they released that pink haired busty teacher or the slutty nun then i will be in big trouble lol

Top Bottom