• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

emag

Yes, but emag is complaining after a mere couple of hours into the game, so skipping isn't an option for him.
I'm stunned, though...
How did you even SURVIVE 999 if you complain about those things in VLR?

Once the story started picking up I was able to look past the janky design decisions. And that's happening in VLR about now. :)

Yay, good!
Recently, Uchikoshi explained why a lot of tension went missing from 999 to VLR.
Chunsoft saw that many people didn't buy 999 because of its gore and Uchi was forced to tone VLR down.

I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me. The fact that Zero Escape is a series is all thanks to us western. It doesn't have much love in Japan, from what I heard...

grim-tales

Maybe ZE3 will be different and end the trilogy with a bang.

Anyway,
I managed to complete the PEC Room in the end :D I did check one FAQ briefly to see what to do in one puzzle (the scanning one at the end) but still managed to find the answer.... surprised I did both connect the dots puzzles fairly easily (though the 2nd one was harder)... the latest twist I found is pretty freaky... something about a simulated Mars mission? But surely a simulated mission to Mars would also simulate weightlessness and things... maybe the part when time "slowed" down for Sigma was part of this?
Oh, and Clover is a lying little bitch sadly :x That is all

grim-tales

Think I may take a break soon, I dont want it to end! xD
Anyway,
I escaped from the lab fairly easily (the DNA puzzle was annoying though). I just did the beaker one purely by chance as well, with no guide! I just kept swapping until of them were right!
Clover's jokes are... disturbing :eek: And one moment made me hate Dio, what a bastard :x

However, now I think I understand:
That scene in the security room.... after the escape from the lab, Phi reads from the journal about Radical 6, and how it affects the brain's processing speed, or something... maybe Sigma was infected with the virus, thats why Phi seemedtobetalkingathighspeed.. :s

grim-tales

A couple more locks turned green now
Should I do them in order? Its just I unlocked Lock 2 (finding out how/why Alice was killed) in one timeline, and Lock 4 is finding enough Alexavir stuff to counteract Radical 6. But Alice died in Lock 2, it doesnt make sense?

grim-tales

Hmmmm.....
I found
The Director's Office, and Tenmyouji was holding a picture of... Akane?!?! *crazy crack theory* - is he Junpei from the future? :p I just typed in the first 4 letter word I could think of for the password and it worked xD Havent found the gold file though, getting really annoyed with the dots puzzle here!

Hmmmm.....
I found
The Director's Office, and Tenmyouji was holding a picture of... Akane?!?! *crazy crack theory* - is he Junpei from the future? :p I just typed in the first 4 letter word I could think of for the password and it worked xD Havent found the gold file though, getting really annoyed with the dots puzzle here!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................................

grim-tales

Why, thank you :D I hope it continues like that :D
The picture of Akane/June is an interesting one, maybe Tenmyouji knows about the 2 previous games?
I did like the
Monty Python joke in the lab - "This is an ex-frog", and when you examine some beakers Sigma says "Meep meep meep" xD

grim-tales

It finally happened.

Lock 2: ZERO!!!! :eek: But Zero was just a hologram of some old guy, and he said it was a recording - so maybe Zero Sr. isnt one of the team? Who is he anyway? Not sure what all that crap about termites was for though, and Zero said I'd be penalised if I told anyone about him, but Tenmyouji knows who he is apparently?!?

tumblr_m93533eyFU1qlfzwoo1_500.gif
*Head explodes*

Also got
Tenmyouji's ending - not a mindfuck like Dio's but what a lovely story <3

Frost_Ace

Tenmyougi's ending ;;

also, I don't know if anyone told you but when someone gives you password in a timeline write it down somewhere :p

grim-tales

Tenmyougi's ending ;;

also, I don't know if anyone told you but when someone gives you password in a timeline write it down somewhere :p

Thanks, I have done so on the memo thing in the game, but the annoying thing is after time, some things on the pad become hard to read :s I'll note them down on normal paper :D

It finally happened.

Lock 2: ZERO!!!! :eek: But Zero was just a hologram of some old guy, and he said it was a recording - so maybe Zero Sr. isnt one of the team? Who is he anyway? Not sure what all that crap about termites was for though, and Zero said I'd be penalised if I told anyone about him, but Tenmyouji knows who he is apparently?!?

Also got
Tenmyouji's ending - not a mindfuck like Dio's but what a lovely story <3

What a pleasure to read everyone feeligns when they play this game :)

Javier

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Half the fun of games like these is reading newcomers' reactions once you're done playing them.

grim-tales: You haven't even reached the best stuff yet.

Ok, guys, for those who lurk here since the great beginning, where the hell is Neiteio?
He entertained half of NeoGaf with his 999 reactions, he almost became a worldwide known figure and gave Aksys TONS of money by writing the LTTP for 999, great advertising!

....and he hasn't yet played VLR??

I still remember him as the guy who made my wait for VLR a little more bearable!

emag

Why, thank you :D I hope it continues like that :D
The picture of Akane/June is an interesting one, maybe Tenmyouji knows about the 2 previous games?
I did like the
Monty Python joke in the lab - "This is an ex-frog", and when you examine some beakers Sigma says "Meep meep meep" xD

The board game player in me was surprised by the Agricola shout-out as well. Almost done now...

So far, most of the "reveals" have been fairly predictable due to some seriously heavy handed foreshadowing (
Maybe not the Alice retcon or the face behind the mask, but definitely old Junpei and Akane, Santa's "family", Radical 6 suicide stuff, Dio being a crazy evil asshole, Dio's suffocation methodology/reasoning, the post-apocalyptic world, time "travel"/freezing, et al.
). I'm sure there will be some cool stuff coming up, though, for the true ending or whatnot.

Whoa, emag, you sure play fast!
I don't actually get what you think when you talk about
Santa's "family"
Still, the real mindfucks come with the true end.
I heard many people say that right before the True end you just make 2+2 and everything fits... But, oh, they're so wrong!
Any particular theory you have?

grim-tales

How far have you got into the story? I accidentally clicked your bars - ooops.
I've really no idea if Tenmyouji is
Junpei - given that VLR is only supposed to take place 1 year after 999, I was only just guessing honestly given the connection

Chopper

How far have you got into the story? I accidentally clicked your bars - ooops.
I've really no idea if Tenmyouji is
Junpei - given that VLR is only supposed to take place 1 year after 999, I was only just guessing honestly given the connection
Stop posting, keep playing dude.

grim-tales

Wait a minute...
If Tenmyouji = Junpei (just a guess?!) - maybe Zero is someone we know from 999, not one of the main people in VLR at all, of course he would know who he is....

emag

Whoa, emag, you sure play fast!
I don't actually get what you think when you talk about
Santa's "family"
Still, the real mindfucks come with the true end.
I heard many people say that right before the True end you just make 2+2 and everything fits... But, oh, they're so wrong!
Any particular theory you have?

I'd forgotten
the dude in armor's (K)
name overnight name, else I'd have said
"K's family": Santa, Akane and him. Maybe I'm totally wrong and the mad scientist/engineer who's good friends with Akane isn't Santa, but I don't really have any evidence to the contrary

The Schrödinger's cat stuff
where AB game selections from other players vary between timelines
is pretty awesome. It gets me to wondering what would have happened had I made certain selections in a different order. On the other hand, it seems pretty likely that only some text/flashbacks would differ and the story path would continue pretty much intact (and I don't feel great about exploring certain AB options, although I feel obligated to just for completeness). Outside of password related stuff, I don't actually have any questions that I need an explanation to, outside of
why K and Sigma share a face; K appears to be a clone of Sigma made by Santa, but he appears to lack the ability to remember events across timelines. And I don't really know why/how Zero (Akane, perhaps working together with Santa and Tenmyouji/Junpei) set up the entire program, except to somehow rewind time and make everything better, but I'm not really worried about that.
I hope my [perhaps mistaken] speculation proves entertaining to those who have already completed the game.

Oh, and I've definitely been neglecting a lot of other real-life stuff to play VLR.

EDIT: The thought I had earlier was that
the whole game was just a test environment for androids, namely Phi, but as I played further and saw more of her, it seemed less likely that she was a construct (claims to have family and a childhood, has dimension jumping powers, is affected by medication). It also doesn't really tie into the timeline focus, unless Zero is trying to create an army of replicant timecops,
but that seems a little too farfetched even for the Zero Escape series.

emag, rewatch your spoiler tags!!!!!
EDIT: Oh, done! :D

Anyways, good theories! Let's just wait and see if the game heas some surprises in store for you!

You've already seen him in the hologram though...

Man, isn't it amusing? :)

SERIOUS VLR SPOILERS!!!!! READ ONLY IF YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME!
Watching people that don't even suspect Sigma is old is spectacular! I realized it soon in the game, but wow, seeing Sigma's face must be a real twist!
Frost_Ace, in your theories you noticed it, did you expect that, or yours was a general
he hasn't got the face we think

Really, dudes, serious spoilers!

Shantom

Aksys have just put up exclusive yellow watches on their store, you need to buy a copy of the game as well.

They don't ship to the UK(why don't you want my money Aksys?) so it was a waste of time for me but perhaps someone here will find it of use.

corn_fest

Should i buy this for 3DS or vita? I have no idea which one to choose :\

Vita version is better in every way except using the touchscreen, and even that isn't really a big deal.

Edit: oh, yeah, and viewing notes as you solve puzzles, as emag said below. But due to the numerous game-breaking bugs that can come up in the 3DS version, I would still recommend the Vita version.

emag

Should i buy this for 3DS or vita? I have no idea which one to choose :\

I'd guess Vita. I'm playing the 3DS version and neither the 3D effect nor the dual screens add anything to the experience (outside of being able to view notes and puzzles at the same time, which might be possible on Vita anyway?).

Top Bottom