• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

grim-tales

Hey! That's MY catchphrase!

Sorry :D
How do I get some clues to the Director's Office password? Or maybe I can't do that bit yet.
I've seen lions eating the sun before - in security, and in the garden, maybe the ID/password is that Latin phrase?

grim-tales

I'm in the
rec room
- Decided to investigate the branch more fully to see what would happen..
I did the pool puzzle - now what? How can I get some jukebox coins?
I love the part with K not knowing what a mounted deer head was - poor loveable K :D

grim-tales

Forgive me.. I used a guide for the dartboard puzzle to tell me the rules... how the hell was I to know what the "relationship" for the darts is if they dont tell me? I found the pool ball puzzle much easier.
K riding on a Zero Jr. ride is freaky shit xD

grim-tales

I mean..
I made 91 and it failed me the first time, and I didnt understand. If it set out some rules/clues at the start I could have worked it out instead of just using a guide to find rules. Bastards xD

It's never outright said, but it's implied enough I guess. I mean, I could figure out what I needed to do by myself (although I still needed a guide to do the other requirement of the puzzle both times >.>), but obvious is definitely not something I'd call it.

grim-tales

I think maybe I'm getting close to
K's ending (or at least I know more of his story) - it sounds really sad :( I am convinced he's a real person inside that suit, and from birth he was made to think he was a robot, or something - as his "memories" showed a Chibi K in the suit - awww ^^ His story about wanting a mother to care for him, scold him but also love him was so sad :(

grim-tales

I just got a 'To Be Continued' (with a lock): Oh man....
But what an ending! I find out some of K's story, and the twists provided more questions than answers - Dio said he killed the old woman, but then he is found dead in his TREATMENT POD with a SMASHED BRACELET???!! WTF?!? Who smashed his bracelet like that, and why? I dont want K and Phi to die :(

Barreled through Quark's, Alice's, and Sigma's endings (already did Clover/Tenmyouji/K/Dio), holy shit Sigma's ending
going from "wait so HE'S a robot (in addition to suspecting Phi) too?" to "wait cybernetic arms? how does that solve the 'five minutes of life' lock--oh shit no wayyyyy."
And then wondering if
he'd really use the number 9 door to chop off his hand and yep, there it goes.

Also with Quark's ending
I have no idea what to make of the old woman/Akane twist. Like I understand the individual components but my brain can't put them together in a way that makes sense. I've gotten seven endings and only now am I finally realizing that I have to reluctantly ignore the entire concept of linear time when trying to make sense of anything.

It's interesting that
it's pretty obvious that the lock #8 path is Phi's, and the only one left after that (which I can now do I think, given the password JUMPYDOLL), would have to be Luna's and/or the true ending. Either Luna isn't important enough to get her own ending (admittedly she gets a lot of play in Sigma's) or there's some mindblowing revelation coming, like her being Zero or something.

I am loving this game so much. I want the answers but at the same time I don't want it to end.

grim-tales

I don't want this game to end.. MORE.. MORE.... ARGGHHHHHH....
The part with Dio/smashed bracelet made my brain melt - it goes against not only what the rabbit said but everything in 999 too. And if Zero is one of the team who killed Dio? Why did he kill the old lady? Seems the old lady was part of the original team and Dio took her bracelet?!? The old lady seems a bit like the 9th Man in 999, IMO.

Vibed

Sometimes, I just want to yell at people when they're predictions are so off. I say to myself, "How did you even come to that conclusion for your theory? THIS IS THE ANSWER!!!! DID YOU NOT PICK UP ON HINT #347 EARLIER?!?!"

Similarly, I also want to shout the answer at someone when they're predictions are so close, but not quite right. :p

Jintor

Hell, i might go back and look over my own posts as I go through the game. My 999 posts are somewhere on the PA forums...

grim-tales

Sometimes, I just want to yell at people when they're predictions are so off. I say to myself, "How did you even come to that conclusion for your theory? THIS IS THE ANSWER!!!! DID YOU NOT PICK UP ON HINT #347 EARLIER?!?!"

Similarly, I also want to shout the answer at someone when they're predictions are so close, but not quite right. :p

Which one am I? :p
Judging by some of the posts here, I'll be dead by the time I get a proper character ending xD
But the story is soooo good....

darkvir

The game is moving fast and furious now... All I have left is Phi's ending! I gotta go out tonight, no................! Don't want to stop playing!

I don't think you need all the gold files to get the secret ending. I think I missed one and still got it. I think the only requirement is beating every puzzle on hard.

grim-tales

I'm not looking forward to Luna's reaction when I've betrayed her :( Its only Round 1 but it won't be good. Her bad Game Over was horrible :(
Sigma's feelings sum it up perfectly:
Trust takes years to build
Seconds to break
Forever to repair

Oh, duh,
I guess Phi's ending might be the true one? I just got the "leaping between worlds" infodump. I'm confused by the lock for the number zero bomb--it's in the IG replicator room, right? So I've seen it already.

I should've realized that twist sooner though. The crew quarters was the first puzzle room I did, and I thought a bit about the implications of Schrodinger's cat and then completely ignored it after that. I really like how the plot flowchart isn't just an esoteric mechanic, and it's actually built into the game's lore in a way. There were glimmers of this the first time I replayed an AB game, but I didn't really consider the full implications. I just thought "oh, the plot changes based on the path, like the 3-way door intersections" and left it at that.

I still have the left-most path and that last(?) lock to go though. I felt like I needed a break. :p

grim-tales

I'm stuck on the pantry puzzles - I think I figured out the
acid/alkaline water thing, but beyond that what the hell am I supposed to do? How do I figure out what to input on the screen (seems like a series of letters/numbers and columns but they could be anything) :s

I'm stuck on the pantry puzzles - I think I figured out the
acid/alkaline water thing, but beyond that what the hell am I supposed to do? How do I figure out what to input on the screen (seems like a series of letters/numbers and columns but they could be anything) :s

Think about calendars!

grim-tales

Ah ha...!
I think I worked that out, thanks :)... but
I needed a clue to work out "The day the man was abducted" meant YOU, when finding the file password, I didnt know who it was talking about :D

RedSwirl

Okay, I'm still sort of early-on. Haven't gotten to any endings, but I just to got to
K's autobiography

From all that I've seen so far, an overarching theme of the game seems to be
machines' failure to imitate man or something like that. There's this, the Gaulem's, the explanation of the Chinese Room, etc. I'm still going with my theory that one or more of the game players is themself a Gaulem, but may not know it themselves. I also think the participants who keep showing up dead in fact killed themselves (or at least their bodies did, or something).

grim-tales

I recently did
K's autobiography/story too - I found it so sad! :( Now I'm not sure if he was actually a robot really - maybe he was conditioned to believe he was one or something

RedSwirl

Also, maybe it's because I've only followed three paths so far (and gotten no endings), but I haven't interacted with Quark much at all in this game yet.

Jintor

The game's designed basically so you'll eventually stumble into the right path with the correct amount of info and then unlock a full ending, which will unlock a full ending, and so on and so forth

RedSwirl

From what I saw real quick, Dio's and Clover's endings are the only ones that don't have any requirements. Are those supposed to be the endings you see first?

GSR

From what I saw real quick, Dio's and Clover's endings are the only ones that don't have any requirements. Are those supposed to be the endings you see first?

They're the easiest to get first because they don't have any requirements, but they don't have to be. My first ending was Tenmyouji's. I didn't get Dio's until a whiles later.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I actually deliberatly tried to prevent myself from getting character endings until I had fleshed out most of the flowchart, to give the entire playthrough a kind of "narrative inertia"

Such goodness. I've been sick the past couple days so I haven't been here, but lots of mind craziness which is to be expected :D

Keep going guys. ^_^

I actually deliberatly tried to prevent myself from getting character endings until I had fleshed out most of the flowchart, to give the entire playthrough a kind of "narrative inertia"

Interesting technique. I couldn't stop myself with proceeding further, kinda put myself in Sigma's shoes and just wanted to experience things in order. Next playthrough I'll try that though best I can :D

RedSwirl

Oh shit do you actually NEED the gold files? I've only gotten maybe two or three of them out of the several puzzles I've done so far. Would I have to repeat those puzzles?

Top Bottom