• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

aravuus

Edit: oh, yeah, and viewing notes as you solve puzzles, as emag said below. But due to the numerous game-breaking bugs that can come up in the 3DS version, I would still recommend the Vita version.

Anything I should be aware of before playing the game? Like, "no saving here because it corrupts saves" or whatever.

aravuus

Yeah. Just don't save in any puzzle rooms, and you'll be fine.

Alright, thanks. I was just going to stop checking this thread since I'm having a hard time not clicking all those black bars, but glad I decided to stick around for a few more hours.

This is the first time I've hoped for a holiday to end. Monday and VLR can't come soon enough!

Anything I should be aware of before playing the game? Like, "no saving here because it corrupts saves" or whatever.

Normally I'd say "play your first run making your own choices then follow this chart in this order" but for this game go for Tenmioji's ending first because the PEC chamber is where most of the crashes and save issues happen (game crashed for me twice in that room before I cleared it) so do his root first which is Yellow Door -> Ally -> Blue Door. After you clear the PEC room you can play the rest of the game in any order you want without any issues. You still don't want to save in escape rooms just as a precaution though

emag

Ok. Completed the game and got the "true" ending (below Phi's ending on the flowchart).

Without going into spoilers, I can't help but think of VLR as anything but a mess. All the reasoning/rationale is entirely arbitrary, the question of consciousness is just a red herring, and the general concept of the game flat-out contradicts 999. The end-game twists open up plot holes large enough to drive a truck through.

I have to admit I enjoyed most of my time with the game, but in the end I came away disappointed. VLR doesn't live up to 999.

grim-tales

Theory:

Tenmyouji must be Junpei, but how?!? It doesnt actually reveal it in his ending, but he still carries a photo of Akane with him so they are connected! It cant be anything else.

Vibed

Theory:

Tenmyouji must be Junpei, but how?!? It doesnt actually reveal it in his ending, but he still carries a photo of Akane with him so they are connected! It cant be anything else.

I'm pretty sure you have the information at this point to figure out the answer!

But keep playing!

Jintor

Ok. Completed the game and got the "true" ending (below Phi's ending on the flowchart).

Without going into spoilers, I can't help but think of VLR as anything but a mess. All the reasoning/rationale is entirely arbitrary, the question of consciousness is just a red herring, and the general concept of the game flat-out contradicts 999. The end-game twists open up plot holes large enough to drive a truck through.

I have to admit I enjoyed most of my time with the game, but in the end I came away disappointed. VLR doesn't live up to 999.

Come to the spoiler thread and argue your case!

grim-tales

How do I solve:

The two headed Lion thing? Its not a lock, but I honestly dont feel I have enough information to get the ID and password? Could it be on another branch?

grim-tales

Huh. Thanks :)
Havent got near them yet so off I go.... but its interesting that my thoughts about Ten = Junpei matched what I first thought all that time ago when I first heard about VLR... but I dont know how it can be so. It makes his story so tragic though, poor guy :(

grim-tales

Played a bit more and
Heard Alice's story - so it WAS her in the desert in 999... she mentioned Clover and the events of 999, Ace (but called him 'H' for Hongou I guess).. she must know Junpei too then...
I managed to crack the code for the computer using the number string (just counted the letters!) and it feels like things are coming together - Dio must have been Zero and planted the bombs. And interestingly, I think all those "options" Sigma gives near the start of why he was kidnapped - all of them are coming true....
Myrmidons = Threatening and Mysterious new religion
Myrmidons - Terrorist group...

Okay, I've reached what I believe to be the end of the game, but just to confirm;

I've obtained all the endings listed on the save file itself and got Akane's ending too. The final text that popped up was 'beginning and ending.' I'm gonna work on getting all those gold files, especially since they sometimes reveal some interesting stuff, but I presume that there is no direct novel sequences to go right?

grim-tales

I feel like I'm piecing together some answers...
IMO a theme of the game seems to be:
The importance of family, with K's story/autobiography about really wanting a mother, Alice losing her dad, Clover and Alice's strong friendship, and Quark being adopted by Tenmyouji even if he didnt have a family himself

Only got 3 endings though
(Dio, Tenmyouji and Alice)
so you're probably going to say I'm wrong and theres a lot more to it :p

SiDCrAzY

Skipped through all the the replies in this thread to not spoil anything for myself, but just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this.

I made sure to play 999 before this and I'm glad I did. Playing this on my Vita now.

Did you complete all of the puzzle sections on "Hard" Difficulty? If not, then you're not done yet ;)

Ahh, not yet. Although since I know all the passwords isn't it like just busywork to go in and instantly input the password. I'll go get that done, cheers for the direction.

grim-tales

I'm stuck on the
door panel puzzle
in the Treatment Center - ARGGHHHHHH! I dont think I'll be able to do it if it resets every time!

I'm stuck on the
door panel puzzle
in the Treatment Center - ARGGHHHHHH! I dont think I'll be able to do it if it resets every time!

C'mon!
Try
inserting 1234 and then 5678! This way you'll know something more about the digits! Let's say that 1234 is 1 HIT and 1 BLOW and 5678 is 1 BLOW, you know for sure that 9 is the 4th digit! Then keep trying, you can do it!
BTW, I hate Treatment Center!

grim-tales

I DID IT! :D
I was very lucky though, I just typed in 1234 and got 1 Hit 3 Blow, which meant all the numbers were correct so I just swapped them round a bit :D But it was annoying previously as you never knew which numbers were correct xD

grim-tales

I don't understand the
the login for the tablet/board game, I don't even know what password to put in but I did the jellyfish puzzle and put Quark in the pod
- is there a hint?

Its OK I get it now :D

grim-tales

Clover Ending my thoughts:

Holy hell, I actually found this ending pretty scary (not quite as bad as the axe ending in 999 but still bad), I'm guessing Clover killed everyone in the infirmary and went bat shit? That's just fucked up man. Or did everyone commit suicide because of Radical-6? I don't get why she'd kill everyone when she knows about the drug to counter the bracelet poison, did she do it to escape? That coniving little bitch :x
Why don't you (Sigma) say "Hang on, where's Clover?", I mean, it doesnt spell out "Clover killed everyone but I think we can guess, thats just messed up!
Didnt she say something like her powers get absorbed when someone stronger than her is present? I didnt see her dead with everyone else, so if she DIDN'T kill everyone, where is she?

grim-tales

I was thinking that was mass suicide too, I just dont quite remember if Clover was in the scene and didnt see closely - it just seems to be left open if it was a means to escape or Radical-6.. or whatever...
Quite a lot of gore in that scene (for this game).

grim-tales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuKTk7VXRs @1:04 she's definitely there.

Looks like it was a mass suicide caused by Radical-6, but maybe I got it in the wrong order, as so far only Quark/Alice showed any symptoms of Radical 6 I think....

Also
In Clover's story more of 999 is mentioned, including Junpei (saying that Seven doesnt know where he is) but then she says she knows who Tenmyouji really is.. I think I can guess... after Ten said he trusts Clover more than anyone....

grim-tales

K's ending:

Holy... holy shit... WTF?! K has my face?!???!!!! So I'm K?!!! Man... I'm confused....
I just noticed the password - MIL KEV OLI - backwards it read -I LOVE K LIM..

tumblr_mcufrcQEs81ro6b8q.gif

tumblr_mdnl8eRfb91rrxhj7.gif

grim-tales

I had wondered if:
K would have Dio's face at first because didnt Dio say something about making clones of himself...? Maybe its a clone of Sigma?
Also I had thought for a while that Dio commited suicide (as seemed to be the case with everyone else in K's ending...?) But this isnt the case.
Can't I unlock Lock 3 now? Because now I have the antidote I could just inject myself with it right?
I felt I should have saved Dio's ending for later - which has been my fave ending so far with K next, on the scale of WTF-ness :D

I had wondered if:
Can't I unlock Lock 3 now? Because now I have the antidote I could just inject myself with it right?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that'd make too much sense, but it's not what you need.

Also, I agree with you about Dio's ending. Because of it's requirement of betraying Luna I left it until the last moment possible, and you better believe it felt SO much better to me than it would've if I had gotten it earlier for reasons that you'll see later.

grim-tales

How do you get:
Sigma's
ending? I was thinking of getting the info I needed
to figure out the other part of K's password - I cant do the leftmost path yet obviously but I dont want to do the right most one either - I believe that should be finished last of all.

BTW I just got:
a Clover game over - I felt bad for Sigma TBH (though I do admit what he did was pretty low) - why is it OK for Clover to escape but not Sigma? Poor guy :(

How do you get:
Sigma's
ending? I was thinking of getting the info I needed
to figure out the other part of K's password - I cant do the leftmost path yet obviously but I dont want to do the right most one either - I believe that should be finished last of all.

BTW I just got:
a Clover game over - I felt bad for Sigma TBH (though I do admit what he did was pretty low) - why is it OK for Clover to escape but not Sigma? Poor guy :(

To get that ending you must get
Alice's, right next to it!
I think now the best order for you is:
Alice, Sigma, Quark, Luna, Phi!

grim-tales

Its' gonna have to be:

Sigma, Quark, Luna, Phi for me because I already have Alice's ending - I got that after Tenmyouji's for some reason, then I got Clover's ending and then K's

Thanks though ^^

grim-tales

I've been assuming from early in the game that they're on the
moon
, and the very end of Dio's end somewhat fuelled my suspicions.

Nobody give me hints though! lol

I thought that as well when I got Dio's end xD But I don't want any hints!

Top Bottom