• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

grim-tales

@ PurpleMaster, thankyou for clarification :) Perhaps they could go with Japanese in ZE3 too. I don't mind except the pace of Japanese is faster than English, so the text would move very slowly at times.
I'm hoping for news around Summer 2013 too, but I think that would mean an early 2014 release in Japan, followed by either late 2014 or early 2015 over here IF we go by the ordinary turnaround (2 years).
I'm hoping ZE3 will come here, it wouldnt make sense to not release it in the UK, IMO. RSG will have seen how many bought it.

I bought the US version for the PS Vita, since I really didn't want to wait for it to come in Europe! :p
But now that I'm living in the UK (and I had to leave the PS Vita back at home, since it's my sister's) I think I'll buy the EU 3DS version. I miss having VLR in my hands and I really wanted to do a second playthrough with the Japanese dub!
This way, one more copy sold in Europe, I've done my part! :D

grim-tales

I can't wait for more news but one thing bothers me:

I do want it to be
much darker than VLR but just because Akane said the facility was 'full of traps' it doesnt mean there will be (imo), there was nothing that actually hurt Junpei and Co. in 999 for example

DaBoss

I do want it to be
much darker than VLR but just because Akane said the facility was 'full of traps' it doesnt mean there will be (imo), there was nothing that actually hurt Junpei and Co. in 999 for example

Sigma lost his arms and his eye. BOTH OF HIS ARMS!!! Of course there will be traps. :p

Fey

Banned

I do want it to be

I hope so, too, but my hopes aren't too high
since it seems like the creator/director/writer (i forgot what he is :p) was prevented from making VLR as dark as 999. But the horror atmosphere is what made me fall in love with 999. :(

since it seems like the creator/director/writer (i forgot what he is :p) was prevented from making VLR as dark as 999. But the horror atmosphere is what made me fall in love with 999. :(

999 definitely had the more ominous feeling, but the moment you see
Alice dead against that wall
the feels start to come.

Then the human aspect comes into it, and it's quite frankly scary since you don't know whom death could come from.

CrazyDude

I need help guys...

I am at the crew quarters and I just got the sage open and got some gold file, but I have no idea what to do now.

grim-tales

I heard that too but
Hopefully Uchikoshi can make ZE3 a much darker game, and he will put his foot down, darker than VLR anyway, in some ways the ending had the effect of making 999 feel even worse because it means all the "bad" endings actually happened somewhere.

DaBoss

I need help guys...

I am at the crew quarters and I just got the sage open and got some gold file, but I have no idea what to do now.

There are 2 passwords for each safe. One is for a gold file, the other is for the escape key. You need to get the Escape password to get the escape key and some other stuff.

Hela

I've put 10 hours into it already and only got one "to be continued" and one "game over".
So none of the endings in 10 hours, this one's gonna be much longer than 999, isn't it?

Ice Mage

Neo Member
I've put 10 hours into it already and only got one "to be continued" and one "game over".
So none of the endings in 10 hours, this one's gonna be much longer than 999, isn't it?

Yep, it's quite a bit longer indeed. Completing 999 took me ~16 hours while VLR took me around 34.

CrazyDude

Thank god that you don't have to start from the very beginning like in 999, this will make these more manageable.

Anyone else though seven from 999 looked like and fisherman?

Also which flow should I avoid if I want to save the true ending for last?

Lusankya

Thank god that you don't have to start from the very beginning like in 999, this will make these more manageable.

Anyone else though seven from 999 looked like and fisherman?

Also which flow should I avoid if I want to save the true ending for last?

Don't worry, you will get the true ending last no matter what you do.

Ok, finished the game... took 46 hours,even when I cheated a bit, and didn't get all gold files. Overall the game was brilliant, definitely felt fresh and something I haven't played before. I think I was expecting something like Alter Ego after reading a short description of the game, but it ended being completely different. Sometimes the game explained things too much, and was kind of slow, but it's easy to forgive when so many other things worked great. Will definitely pick up the sequel, and maybe even the original 999...

grim-tales

Also regarding the 'darkness' of ZE3:

Hopefully it will be darker as a given with more of a horror feel, Sigma loses his ARMS and one eye so there better be traps :p

Ok, finished the game... took 46 hours,even when I cheated a bit, and didn't get all gold files. Overall the game was brilliant, definitely felt fresh and something I haven't played before. I think I was expecting something like Alter Ego after reading a short description of the game, but it ended being completely different. Sometimes the game explained things too much, and was kind of slow, but it's easy to forgive when so many other things worked great. Will definitely pick up the sequel, and maybe even the original 999...

Congrats of finishing it! Yay someone else in the 40's like me. lol Can't wait for a next one.

grim-tales, watching you play was like filling a pint with a small spoon! :D

That made me chuckle. lol I miss this game, played through first time on the Vita, consdering replaying on 3DS as I have both copies. Might check out the touch screen functions and possibly play with Japanese language this time.

Mh, yeah, there are some details you don't know yet!
Most of the time the awe will be SPOILERS FOR VLR
Uuuuuh, look at Tenmyouji, how young and cool he was!

As for GuardianE...
No, they didn't! Don't save in the PEC room, just don't do it.
It seems like there are other places where the corruption might take place. I've seen two people getting it by saving right after the
G-OLM speech
I'm actually thinking about running some tests as soon as I finish my 3DS copy.
Obviously, my tests are amateurish and will end as soon as I encounter the bug!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks for the answer. That's really disappointing, especially for a game like this. Hopefully it won't be an issue for me.

Hela

Just when I thought I was on the right track for my first ending - second "To Be Continued".
I don't know if I got more mad, or more curious.

The path I'm on now has a
terminator talking to me. What?

DaBoss

Just when I thought I was on the right track for my first ending - second "To Be Continued".
I don't know if I got more mad, or more curious.

The path I'm on now has a
terminator talking to me. What?

There is a non-spoiler chart available to view which paths to take in order to get the endings.

Fey

Banned
I remember the game crashing early in the PEC for me. Instead of researching about the game's corruption, I decided to save the game literally every minute while in the room in case it crashed again. I must have saved well over a half a hundred times in that room. It wasn't until I completed the game that I found out saving in the PEC could potentially result in the deletion of your save file.

I felt so lucky. *___*

Volcynika

For the lazy:

Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – Alice Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – Clover Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – Dio Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – K Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – Luna Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – Phi Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – Quark Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – Sigma Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward – Zero Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward - Tenmyouji Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward - Zero III Avatar $0.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward: Men Of Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Avatar Bundle $1.49
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward: Women Of Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Avatar Bundle $1.25
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Cast Avatar Bundle $2.99
Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward: Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Nonary Game Avatar Bundle $1.25

Well, we do know that when the trailer for VLR came out on Youtube, most of the comments were in English. I believe that it sells a bit better over here than over in Japan, but I'm not sure about exact numbers.

The Japanese have no time for our puny YouTube! They have NicoNico Douga to be watching!

Top Bottom