• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Just finished the game recently... well, the pressure exchange chamber glitch wiped out my 20-hour save so I watched the rest via a Let's Play, hahah. Great game.

I read somewhere that some wanted a simple music box version of Blue Bird Lamentation, so I made a cover for it for those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU0ZSL0_LQg

^While that one's my favourite ending by far, one of the lines in the scene was so melodramatic that it totally took me out of the moment for a bit. :p Still, good stuff.

Whoa, you're really Reives?!
Cool cover, dude. Couldn't expect anything less from you! :)

Just finished the game recently... well, the pressure exchange chamber glitch wiped out my 20-hour save so I watched the rest via a Let's Play, hahah. Great game.

I read somewhere that some wanted a simple music box version of Blue Bird Lamentation, so I made a cover for it for those interested:

^While that one's my favourite ending by far, one of the lines in the scene was so melodramatic that it totally took me out of the moment for a bit. :p Still, good stuff.
Woah! This is awesome! Great job on the cover! :)

grim-tales

Your music box cover is absolutely gorgeous - beautiful
Great job! ^^

Jintor

96506410201046698506429117937504ojpggu.jpg

that sigma, what a creeper

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Got another ending,
Tenmyouji's

So finally got to see
Zero Sr, who didn't look like any of the 9, which I'd say reconfirms this is happening several years in the future and not just one year after 999, not sure if it's in Nevada or Mars though XD. Also, it'd be hilarious if Tenmyouji ends up being Junpei or something

Got another ending,
Tenmyouji's

So finally got to see
Zero Sr, who didn't look like any of the 9, which I'd say reconfirms this is happening several years in the future and not just one year after 999, not sure if it's in Nevada or Mars though XD. Also, it'd be hilarious if Tenmyouji ends up being Junpei or something

Boy, those theories really make my day. They never get old! Keep 'em coming, people!

Wichu

Boy, those theories really make my day. They never get old! Keep 'em coming, people!

ENDING SPOILERS I GUESS:
The photo scene in Tenmyouji's end is missable, right? It's one of my favourite scenes in the game. After seeing that, his identity is pretty obvious...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I'm aware most of my theories will probably end up wrong :p, given how 999 did that
I did correctly guess who Zero was in that one though!

Regarding Tenmyouji
I kinda did mean that, otherwise why would he have a pic of Akane? Santa is the only other possibility...

ENDING SPOILERS I GUESS:
The photo scene in Tenmyouji's end is missable, right? It's one of my favourite scenes in the game. After seeing that, his identity is pretty obvious...

It is not!
If you don't check the photo during the room, before unlocking the exit door Quark stops you saying something like "hey, aren't you curious to see what's on Grandpa's photo?", so you can't miss it!

X05

Got another ending,
Alice's

That was pretty interesting,things are starting to fit into place,
Alice's father being specialized in cloning explains her involvement, K's existence and more...
Seems like the "cyan" branch is pretty interesting overall as
there is no dead old lady in this branch... how does Dio join the game then? He claimed that he killed her to do so in another branch... Also it's pretty obvious she's someone we know, not sure who yet.
Also, at this point I'm betting on Zero Sr. being Sigma.

X05

Yeah well, making crazy theories as you play is part of the fun :)

Yeah well, making crazy theories as you play is part of the fun :)

That's true. I had a blast doing it for both 999 and VLR. And right now it's insane playing Ever17 and forming theories. haha

It can hurt your head sometimes, but the enjoyment and satisfaction of watching your theory come true (or fall apart) infinitely expands the enjoyment of VNs like this!

Wichu

It is not!
If you don't check the photo during the room, before unlocking the exit door Quark stops you saying something like "hey, aren't you curious to see what's on Grandpa's photo?", so you can't miss it!

I just checked it out by instinct anyway; I didn't know Quark would remind you! I hope ZE3 has more things like it!

X05

i have "you're wrong" responses copy/pasted for them.
Good, but I'm still sticking to
Tenmyouji is Junpei or Santa theory! Especially after his ending and the exchange with Clover after I betrayed Alice in the first AB game.

PKrockin

That's true. I had a blast doing it for both 999 and VLR. And right now it's insane playing Ever17 and forming theories. haha

It can hurt your head sometimes, but the enjoyment and satisfaction of watching your theory come true (or fall apart) infinitely expands the enjoyment of VNs like this!
Good on you sir.

Post your reactions! Or are you posting them in some other thread?

X05

Got 2 more endings,
Sigma's and Quark's
Ok, so
Sigma has robotic arms, that's neat. It's a shame these don't work like Snake's.
Also, Dio called him "old fart"... I'm wondering if Brother is Sigma...
And HOLY SHIT THE OLD LADY IS AKANE
This awesome.

He's posting a detailed reaction thread on gfaqs!

Oh wow, somehow I never noticed his name. lol

When it comes to differentiating users here I rely so much on avatars.

Hehe Indeed I am posting reactions! (Beware, there are MAJOR SPOILERS in the linked topic!! Do not click on it unless you've finished Ever17!!!)

And I just finished the game... Seriously. Everyone who finishes VLR, I almost guarantee you will love Ever17! It can be a lot slower at times, but the story is definitely top notch! Totally worth the time and effort to go through all the paths!

Got 2 more endings,
Sigma's and Quark's
Ok, so
Sigma has robotic arms, that's neat. It's a shame these don't work like Snake's.
Also, Dio called him "old fart"... I'm wondering if Brother is Sigma...
And HOLY SHIT THE OLD LADY IS AKANE
This awesome.

You're getting there... It shouldn't be long until you get to the final branch. And boy, are you in for a fun ride! :)

PKrockin

Hehe Indeed I am posting reactions! (Beware, there are MAJOR SPOILERS in the linked topic!! Do not click on it unless you've finished Ever17!!!)

And I just finished the game... Seriously. Everyone who finishes VLR, I almost guarantee you will love Ever17! It can be a lot slower at times, but the story is definitely top notch! Totally worth the time and effort to go through all the paths!
Glad you loved it, I just wish almost all of the major twists and reveals weren't spoiled for you beforehand :mad:

Glad you loved it, I just wish almost all of the major twists and reveals weren't spoiled for you beforehand :mad:
Was it really allmost all of them? Huh.... I guess I didn't notice. But now that you mention it, yeah, it was quite a bit spoiled for me... :/

Oh well, my policy with these games have been "it's more about the journey than the destination". And oh, was the journey worth it! :)

X05

Not long after I posted, got another ending:
Luna's
She's a GAULEM, that explains A LOT. I didn't get at all why Sigma sent Phi and Quark off, when they could've gone together later (since no one else could open the gate anyway).
Sigma confirms being able to time travel, makes him the obvious candidate for being Zero.
Akane was expecting to be killed then, so that probably means she IS dead in the cyan branch, only that Luna didn't hide her body in the AB room... wonder where it might be...

Just one branch to go! :D

GamerJM

Banned

You're getting there... It shouldn't be long until you get to the final branch. And boy, are you in for a fun ride! :)

Is there a good legal way to get Ever17? I've never, uh, gotten a game through "other" methods before, even rare ones.

It's rumoured to be coming to Steam soon. Give it a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I don't know about this... But if it's true, we need to hear some news on it ASAP! I'd love for it to be true!

You can find the official English version... But It's a lot of money. Worth it, IMO, but worth is all a matter of perspective.

The Japanese Version is fairly cheap here: http://www.gameliner.jp/a/infinity/ever17

There should be a translation patch you can get... Somebody else should be more knowledgeable around here. (Or try asking in the Translated VN topic.)

The rumor is more rumor and less fact.
I don't remember the details, but it seems Ever17 appeared on a sort of list, but that doesn't mean it's coming in the near future. We can only hope! (really, I just read a couple of things, I don't know!)
Still, if you buy the Jap version, there is no way to patch it in english, since the english translation of Ever17 is OFFICIAL and thus nobody ever made a patch for the jap version.
Why bother, right?

X05

Haven't got
Phi's?
ending, because
deactivated all 4 bombs, got a "To be continued" and a whole new branch.. will tackle it later.
Still, have completed all escapes apparently, and good to have some of my theories confirmed :)
Also, Akane might be alive, which is cool :D
And finally, given how high Phi jumped, they DEFINITELY are not in Nevada... Not on Mars either because it can be seen in some shots... but it seemed to be really close, so I'm betting on either of its moons...

X05

Well, got
Phi's
ending...

hah, guessed Zero right!
Akane being K in this timeline was pretty cool.
I thought the lunar eclipse was a red herring (lol) and they truly werefarther away, what with Mars being casually mentioned and all... The moon does make more sense :p
And holyshit at the twist! He's objectively in a very crummy state though xD

Almost done!

X05

Ok, I'm done.

I think? XD
Loved that "End or Beginning" was done with portraits like 999.
Also loved that in "Another Time" they addressed (in a way) the issue of what happens to those in the fucked up timeline, even if the motorbike example was far from ideal.
Regardless, what I got from that final ending is that the main character is THE PLAYER. THAT is the twist, not Sigma being old (which I forgot to mention made Dio's line make sense and my theory on that totally wrong). Which is really cool, way to one-up 999's switched POV.
How does Akane know? Talk about being overpowered...

Maybe I'll write more later, still processing some stuff, but really an awesome game :D

I want ZE3 now ;_;

Mr.Ock

Saw all the Ever17 posts and just wanted to say that if you have the possibility you have to play it if you liked 999 and VLR. It's slow paced, but it does some things better than the two aforementioned games.
Let's hope it comes to Steam!

Also, loved the OST, wanted to link a particular song but the image used for the video is super spoilerish; it plays when
the kid looks in the mirror

Jawmuncher

I'm a terrible person And don't want to search the thread.

Is there a guide for the endings that isn't spoilerish? Or a recommended order to get them? Going to be playing soon (have had the game sitting on my shelf for months now) but wanted to see if this info was available. It made my Playthrough of 999 more enjoyable I think with the recommended order and such.

Is there a guide for the endings that isn't spoilerish? Or a recommended order to get them? Going to be playing soon (have had the game sitting on my shelf for months now) but wanted to see if this info was available. It made my Playthrough of 999 more enjoyable I think with the recommended order and such.

This game isn't structured the same way as 999. Using a guide is totally pointless this time.

PKrockin

Unlike 999 there's no need for a guide to get all endings. There's an in-game flowchart and a lock system that lets you know when paths that were closed off now become available. As for a recommended order I don't think there are any big problems with just going through the game however you like.

Jawmuncher

This game isn't structured the same way as 999. Using a guide is totally pointless this time.

Unlike 999 there's no need for a guide to get all endings. There's an in-game flowchart and a lock system that lets you know when paths that were closed off now become available. As for a recommended order I don't think there are any big problems with just going through the game however you like.

Ahhh ok thanks guys

grim-tales

I know I finished the game a while back but was just thinking about how I hated how some characters acted at times :(

K - at times he was a f*cking jerk - his "Oh, I'm doing this for the greater good and going to punch you or put you to sleep but its OK because I'll come back with help" (!) FUCK YOU, K!

Alice - I Ally with her convinced she will Ally (she said she will IIRC) and she gets pissed and still chooses Betray?! Betraying Luna also really upset me :(

Why did no one let me leave? Was it because Akane knew I would become Zero so I had to stay?

PKrockin

Why did no one let me leave? Was it because Akane knew I would become Zero so I had to stay?
Well you're not as nimble and strong as you think you are. You're an old geezer. That's why small girls are knocking you the hell out I guess.

Luna and K in some routes are the only ones that know you're Zero. Anyway, in all the bad ends where you're the only one with 9 BP, I'm pretty sure those routes involve betraying someone heinously. Nobody's gonna let you leave after that.

Gvaz

Banned
I want to play this game but it seems like gamestop doesn't even sell it :|

They sell the Vita version though...

Kenka

I am absolutely shocked by the first
GAME OVER ending
I got and I slapped myself for having been so gullible. The game is hard though and I hardly got the patience to look for other endings.

also

Banned
I am absolutely shocked by the first
GAME OVER ending
I got and I slapped myself for having been so gullible. The game is hard though and I hardly got the patience to look for other endings.
?
You don't really have to look for the other endings, since the story only branches during the voting rounds. And you kind of need to see all the character endings to get the complete story.

Kenka

?
You don't really have to look for the other endings, since the story only branches during the voting rounds. And you kind of need to see all the character endings to get the complete story.
Yes but I got burnt a bit by the rec room in which I didn't read the back of the photo, which was necessary to get the records and finally the darts box. I spent entire minutes just thinking and looking around. That's why it slowly got on my nerves.

Going through another round of this bullshit, let alone seven or eight ? No thanks.

Top Bottom