• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Green sun, blue planet, red moon.

Wait, really? That's...
the combination I used to get the key. Red Planet, White Island and Blue Ocean is what I used to get the file.
Weird. Thanks anyway though, I figured it out about 30 seconds before you posted.

Plasma

Banned
Does picking Japanese voices actually work for anyone else, I started a new game with them and the girl is still talking in English.

I normally like to play these games in English anyway but for some reason it feels kind of strange that the other characters are talking and my character is just making beep noises.

EDIT: Nevermind it works now I loaded up the save and changed it to Japanese on there, just wasn't working when I was choosing it on New Game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone got a hint (preferably without giving it away completely) on the dice board game that is needed to enter 4 digits in the room with the healing pods?

I sort of thought that "h" and "m" are numbers to count on the board, but its too vague and I didnt get any results..

Esura

Banned
EDIT: ^ Just press A.

I must say, Zero III a hoot. Best crazy ass artificial intelligence in a video game ever, better than GLADOS even.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Anyone got a hint (preferably without giving it away completely) on the dice board game that is needed to enter 4 digits in the room with the healing pods?

I sort of thought that "h" and "m" are numbers to count on the board, but its too vague and I didnt get any results..
Hour and minute.

TheExodu5

Banned
So I see you can just jump to different parts in each timeline ala Radiant Historia? That's a game changer if true. I hope that's the case.

Esura

Banned
So I see you can just jump to different parts in each timeline ala Radiant Historia? That's a game changer if true. I hope that's the case.

I need to play that DS Radiant Historia one of these days. Always kept confusing it for that shitty PS2 game.

Noi

Tips on getting the file password in the
GAULEM
Bay? Already figured out the main puzzle and got the escape pass, but not the alternative to it.

The superlative reviews have got me really wanting this for the Vita now. I've decided I'm not gonna go as far as purchasing 999, so can someone recommend a good Let's Play for it? One with no muppet talking constantly in the background preferably.

I've never been a big fan of a novel type video game, will all the reading push away somebody like me? The reviews and the game itself/story sounds absolutely incredible and I want to grab this for Vita but I'm really unsure.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Tips on getting the file password in the
GAULEM
Bay? Already figured out the main puzzle and got the escape pass, but not the alternative to it.

Try doing the opposite of what you did to get the escape password.

pyrandes

I've never been a big fan of a novel type video game, will all the reading push away somebody like me? The reviews and the game itself/story sounds absolutely incredible and I want to grab this for Vita but I'm really unsure.
Im not having issues at all with the Vita versions, aside from writing memos due to my big fingers. Plus you get the added bonus of screenshotting potential clues via OS.

Story is incredible, and im enjoying the puzzles so far, but it is ultimately a novel-style game. Its way up on my recommendation lists.

Noi

Go backwards. The word you're looking for starts with R.

Try doing the opposite of what you did to get the escape password.

Gah, my mental block was that I
kept taking the robots worth both eyes lit as part of it when you have to do the opposite.
Thanks!

Also yeesh, Kagari was right, not going into the secret tab early is for the best. One too many spoilery details in there.

Edit: omg the scene right after. DYING.

scy

So I cancelled my Amazon pre-order since I wasn't getting the bonus. I just noticed that I had apparently pre-ordered this through Newegg as well.

Oops! Guess I'm getting the game now after all!

UberTag

Will post some observations later tonight once I'm home from work.

Decided to be systematic about my plan of attack for this game prior to getting a read on the characters so I'm taking the shortest path in the flowchart to start (i.e. partner with Luna, choose to ally) and will proceed onwards from there.

Having a blast working through all of the puzzles on Hard without resorting to any outside tips or guidance. Very rewarding... especially to bag those gold files.

Cindy Robinson's voicework for Zero III is a decided standout. The rest of the cast is doing fine thus far but shit hasn't really hit the fan yet so I'm reserving judgment until that material arrives.

I'm a little less impressed on the localization front when it comes to the text. LOTS of typos have noticeably stood out... enough that I'd love to see them patched down the road. Plus, the overabundance of "donno" instead of the accepted slang variation of "dunno" is distracting my inner spelling critic. I believe "donno" has only ever found its way into acceptance in Stephen King books whereas dunno is largely utilized everywhere else on the planet.

I've successfully avoided the Secrets folder in the Archives section per Kagari's recommendation. Even so, I think it would be nice to have Secrets delineated along the lines of: A) nothing spoiled, B) will spoil 999 but not anything from VLR in advance or C) hints at plot revelations before they're revealed... STAY AWAY. That way we could dive into some Secrets while avoiding others. The titles aren't giving anything away, are they?

FSLink

Banned
You're gonna make some people in this thread VERY HAPPY with that statement, LOL

Better than GlaDOS eh? If he's even half as entertaining I'm gonna enjoy this (not that I wasn't gonna enjoy the game anyway). Can't wait for my Vita and 3DS copies to come Friday (with the preorder watches, yay for it going back up the other day)

(Coming back for just a little bit.)

I just got my watch and opened it up... But it's not working. Anyone else have the same issue? Is there something I have to do to activate it?

Plus, there's a scratch over the front of it. It's no big deal, but the watch not working is... >.>

Lan_97

Got the watch in (blue). Didn't expect it to be mostly plastic. I was under the impression that the last one was metal and that this would be made from a lighter metal. Oh well, still neat. Maybe should have stuck with my $30 Newegg order.

All the rabbit puns are making my hare stand on end.

(Also, when Sigma says "Your shit is wack", I wish the localization had gone all the way and said "Your shit be wack.")

But yeah, enjoying this so far. It's nice to have the Hard setting so that the other characters don't give away all the puzzle solutions. Being able to leap around with the timeline will be very helpful when I start needing to do that, though I'm still working towards my first ending. Lots of mystery with the various characters, of course, so it'll be exciting to see how that all plays out.

UberTag

I just got my watch and opened it up... But it's not working. Anyone else have the same issue? Is there something I have to do to activate it?

Plus, there's a scratch over the front of it. It's no big deal, but the watch not working is... >.>
The watches don't work unless they're on your wrist and detecting your heart rate.
After which they can't be removed until you paint a number 9 on your door and walk through it... or you die.

LarryButz

Sigh...

vRQqJ.jpg

Koroviev

The superlative reviews have got me really wanting this for the Vita now. I've decided I'm not gonna go as far as purchasing 999, so can someone recommend a good Let's Play for it? One with no muppet talking constantly in the background preferably.

TV Tropes covers the plot pretty thoroughly. I had a good time reading through all of it.

Noi

Oho, I was expecting the leftmost branch to just bad end or lock up once it reached the last square,
but it went on and branched of to two more instead.
Good stuff!

(Post-what I just said)
I dunno how someone didn't think Quark missing was a worst case scenario sooner. That's probably what Clover and Tenmyoldy should have been worried about from the start! Luna getting killed off though... there goes my trusty Ally. ;_;

I have the say, the left path has a lot more violence to it, but I kind of got used to to all the crazy that happens in the right path. A bit disappointed that the left branch I'm on has been pretty "tame" in comparison so far.
KuGsj.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oho, I was expecting the leftmost branch to just bad end or lock up once it reached the last square,
but it went on and branched of to two more instead.
Good stuff!

(Post-what I just said)
I dunno how someone didn't think Quark missing was a worst case scenario sooner. That's probably what Clover and Tenmyoldy should have been worried about from the start! Luna getting killed off though... there goes my trusty Ally. ;_;

I have the say, the left path has a lot more violence to it, but I kind of got used to to all the crazy that happens in the right path. A bit disappointed that the left branch I'm on has been pretty "tame" in comparison so far.
KuGsj.gif

You ain't seen nothing yet.

The watches don't work unless they're on your wrist and detecting your heart rate.
After which they can't be removed until you paint a number 9 on your door and walk through it... or you die.

I thought that was the case, but it didn't work. :/ I even tried the Right-Left-Right-Left-Right-Left code, and nothing!

Top Bottom