• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I've tried to use the mixing machine, and it says to put two bottles in, but it just won't let me. If I put one bottle in and push the button, it says "I need two bottles to make a drink", but when I try to put another bottle on the other side, it just switches the one bottle already in there with the one in the inventory slot. Is there a switch you have to use? Or something to activate the other side of the mixer? Is there a code on the note or something??? Gahh!!
A color goes on one side, a labeled bottle on the other. For example blue and then planet.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I've tried to use the mixing machine, and it says to put two bottles in, but it just won't let me. If I put one bottle in and push the button, it says "I need two bottles to make a drink", but when I try to put another bottle on the other side, it just switches the one bottle already in there with the one in the inventory slot. Is there a switch you have to use? Or something to activate the other side of the mixer? Is there a code on the note or something??? Gahh!!

You can only do one color and one object liquor.

A color goes on one side, a labeled bottle on the other. For example blue and then planet.

/headdesk
I swear to god I tried to pick those bottles up before, wtf?! I knew it was something super easy...

Thank you! Boy oh boy, I'ma have to look closer at shit from now on.

Necrovex

The son is the one lying on the bartenders notes. Use the mixing machine on the side of the bar.

Escape Password Get! Thanks for all the help. I need to program my brain to comprehend these puzzles. Super rusty with puzzle solving.

Thank you! Boy oh boy, I'ma have to look closer at shit from now on.

Yeah, I have adopted that viewpoint as well. Gotta look at everything a lot closer.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My physical copy/preorder watch just shipped. Joke's on you amazon, already bought it on PSN.

I learned the examine everything closer viewpoint after the first chromatic door puzzle. Has been smooth sailing since then. Sort of.

Lusankya

Question:
Just got to the director's room
and Sigma had some kind of vision or something regarding the ID/Password, but neither "Memento Mori" nor "Remember Death" are correct. Do I get stronger hints regarding the password, or am missing something here? There was no scenario lock sign, so am I supposed to know the ID/password?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Question:
Just got to the director's room
and Sigma had some kind of vision or something regarding the ID/Password, but neither "Memento Mori" nor "Remember Death" are correct. Do I get stronger hints regarding the password, or am missing something here? There was no "to be continued" or the scenario lock sign, so am I supposed to know the ID/password?
The password will be revealed down another path.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Only main problems I have are that the touch-screen seems to sometimes act a bit wonky when moving around, the bottom screen always flashes when a characters begins a new line of dialouge, and "DONNO". It's "Dunno". Right?
Not gonna lie but that really bugged me in the demo.

"Dunno" is a reduction of 'don't know', but it the lexical form of the word is phonologically-based. This is called eye dialect: written dialogue that uses spelling that is nonstandard and it does not include a poor pronunciation. That's why it's spelled the way it is.

I'm sorry, Ben. But otherwise everything else was fine in there. I like Aksys's localizations a lot, and the message is more important than how some dumb word is spelled anyway.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Damn, guess I won't be playing it by the weekend. Not getting the watch is bad enough, being Canadian is suffering
At least this is really fast if it's getting here Thursday.

It took a week after the actual release date for them to get Bit.Trip Wii/3DS, Fate/Extra, Hakuoki, etc. here. Bilingual packaging, customs being the way they are because they are not fun people, etc.

hayejin

Amazon finally shipped my Vita copy. Arriving tomorrow. Can't wait.

Also ebay will be flooded with people keeping the preorder bonus but unloading the games. Should be able to snag up one for $30 new for those who are willing to wait for bargains.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I got the first safe combination in Crew Quarters, but I'm stumped on the secret file...
I've tried every other 4 digit combination that I came across during the puzzle on the locker in room 1. The recording of Zero on the tape mentioned that the other rooms have their own numbers since the internal line buttons are just shortcuts, is it related to that? Any hints on where I should be looking more closely (the poster? Schrodinger's cat?)?

Funnily enough, I got the Infirmary secret file without much hassle, haha.
Just spammed 5 letter words via ADAM after mapping out all the letters.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Feel kinda silly about missing that... :p

Leeness

C'mon GameStop, call meeee while I'm on the bus so I don't have to make a separate trip. Or does it seem like Canada is still waiting till tomorrow?

pyrandes

So finished the lab (getting the gold folder) and
Dio just skyrocketed to the top of my hate list. What a dick to bkackmail with a life in the line thats unrelated to Ambidex

Guys, does the Vita version (physical) comes with a manual?? Not digital..

My local store hasn´t got the game yet :( I´m thinking buying it digital :/

Guys, does the Vita version (physical) comes with a manual?? Not digital..

My local store hasn´t got the game yet :( I´m thinking buying it digital :/

No. There is an unboxing video of the 3DS up, and it is very thin and black and white. Don't make that the deciding factor for you though.

Aksys people, was this a personal choice, or does Sony America not even let you put manuals in the Vita games? Just seems weird to have one and not the other.

edit: just realized I didn't really answer your question!

But, there is no manual for the vita version, physical or digital. Just to make it 100% clear.

Leeness

Bah, GameStop.ca still says "Pre-order". :/ and doesn't even have a date. I guess that means they don't even have any in warehouses. Which makes me think it won't even be tomorrow...

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
No. There is an unboxing video of the 3DS up, and it is very thin and black and white. Don't make that the deciding factor for you though.

Aksys people, was this a personal choice, or does Sony America not even let you put manuals in the Vita games? Just seems weird to have one and not the other.

edit: just realized I didn't really answer your question!

But, there is no manual for the vita version, physical or digital. Just to make it 100% clear.

The VITA version, both retail and digital, only has a digital manual which can be accessed from the VITA XMB after clicking the game icon and then clicking on the book icon near the top. (it's 36 pages and in color :) )

The VITA version, both retail and digital, only has a digital manual which can be accessed from the VITA XMB after clicking the game icon and then clicking on the book icon near the top. (it's 36 pages and in color :) )

Yeah, I meant no physical manual, rather than no manual at all. But clarification is good!

Thanks SerArthurDayne and Akselziys!!!

Still, i´m gonna hold till the physical version arrives here.

I´m still attached to boxes <3

Back again, and unfortunately, so soon. I'm stuck in the pressure room, and I understand I have to do something with the red pipes to equalize the pressure, I'm just not sure HOW to do it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ouch...English voices aren't too great (at least, not the first person you meet).

I might restart with Japanese voices.

Or maybe it's the writing. I'm never sure with these things.

edit: Zero is a lot better.

Can anybody toss me a hint on the lounge file puzzle? The escape puzzle was extremely easy, but I can't figure out the file one.

EDIT: And again, nevermind. Figured it out. Oh this game.

Kazerei

Banned
Just picked up my copy at the local GameStop! They said their shipment just arrived at around 4pm. It should be available in the rest of southwestern Ontario too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ouch...English voices aren't too great (at least, not the first person you meet).

I might restart with Japanese voices.

Or maybe it's the writing. I'm never sure with these things.

edit: Zero is a lot better.
I really liked the dub cast outside of Clover.

Top Bottom