• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

TheExodu5

Banned
So about the difficulty levels. I read that easy has hints from characters but what about the files you're talking about here? Do I miss content by choosing easy or hard?

Characters will stop giving you hints on higher difficulties? Heh, I didn't even know there were difficulty settings in the first place. That will remedy one of my major gripes concerning the first game.

How big is the Vita download? This should be in the OP.

1.3GB

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Damn, I don't know when I'm going to have time to play this. I would really like to sit down with this game and get into it, but it's going to be hard to find the time.

Can't wait though. The reviews have been really solid.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Thanks. I feel so stupid now, because I didn't even realize
that there actually was a drawer to open...

Don't feel bad. I didn't even SEE the computer for ages the first time I played, let alone the drawers underneath. It's tucked away real good. >>;;

pa22word

Is there any point in getting this if I want the Vita version and don't feel very compelled to seek out and play a copy of 999 for the DS? I want a good puzzle/adventure game/light novel/whatever for the Vita and the game's overtones seem very interesting to me.

However, I do not want to go into the game and miss out on something of importance in the game due to my ignorance of the series' previous entries.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is there any point in getting this if I want the Vita version and don't feel very compelled to seek out and play a copy of 999 for the DS? I want a good puzzle/adventure game/light novel/whatever for the Vita and the game's overtones seem very interesting to me.

However, I do not want to go into the game and miss out on something of importance in the game due to my ignorance of the series' previous entries.

You could play it without having played 999 but the impact of VLR will be less I feel.

Ohnonono

Really enjoying this so far. One of my first novel type games along with Corpse Party. I have no way to play 999 so I wish they would put a version on PSN or something if it is that important. I read some spoiler stuff for it and I see some of the connections from that. If I didn't know from that though, that stuff would just be more mystery which isn't bad, just different.

Lusankya

Don't feel bad. I didn't even SEE the computer for ages the first time I played, let alone the drawers underneath. It's tucked away real good. >>;;

Well, I solved the room now, but I am missing the gold file. Do I have to
figure out a second password with the help of the glowing eyes to get that golden file?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Really enjoying this so far. One of my first novel type games along with Corpse Party. I have no way to play 999 so I wish they would put a version on PSN or something if it is that important. I read some spoiler stuff for it and I see some of the connections from that. If I didn't know from that though, that stuff would just be more mystery which isn't bad, just different.
Or you can just watch a let's play on YouTube. It IS a visual novel after all.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, I solved the room now, but I am missing the gold file. Do I have to
figure out a second password with the help of the glowing eyes to get that golden file?

Yes. Remember how you got the password by matching up the letters with the glowing eyes? Now do the opposite.

Belisarius

Neo Member
So about the difficulty levels. I read that easy has hints from characters but what about the files you're talking about here? Do I miss content by choosing easy or hard?

On hard, you can get gold files, on easy you can only get silver. The content of the gold and silver files isn't necessary for completing the game: It's just bonus stuff that talks about characters or ideas in the game.

The game defaults to hard, and you have to manually switch it to easy, but once you do you can't switch back to hard unless you restart the room.

On hard, you can get gold files, on easy you can only get silver. The content of the gold and silver files isn't necessary for completing the game: It's just bonus stuff that talks about characters or ideas in the game.

The game defaults to hard, and you have to manually switch it to easy, but once you do you can't switch back to hard unless you restart the room.

Isn't there an ending
which is unlocked after you finish all rooms on hard
?

demidar

So now that you guys have played a bit, what's the general flow of the game? Puzzles interspersed with novel sections? More importantly is it a worthy sequel?

I'm having a difficult time deciding on the Vita or 3DS version. Aren't there demos for each, and if so, do they spoil 999 in the demo? I still haven't completed the first game, but I'm planning on playing through it soon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm having a difficult time deciding on the Vita or 3DS version. Aren't there demos for each, and if so, do they spoil 999 in the demo? I still haven't completed the first game, but I'm planning on playing through it soon.
Only a Vita demo for now. Main difference is Vita has better resolution and sound quality whereas 3DS uses the stylus so it's probably a tad more responsive.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Look up his frequency number on the chart you should have found.

I don't think I ever found a frequency chart, unless you mean the eye chart still. I thought his ID had to do with the gold file. I guessed the frequency of the radio on my first try, which boggled my mind

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't think I ever found a frequency chart, unless you mean the eye chart still. I thought his ID had to do with the gold file. I guessed the frequency of the radio on my first try, which boggled my mind
Well then you don't need that item any more.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Can't believe this game's release just creeped up on me... gonna look for the 3DS version tonight.

WOW!!! My order was set to deliver tomorrow but it now has a ealy delivery date of TODAY!!

HURRAY!!! I can't wait to-

*looks at thread*

Wow thats alot of black text.

*Slowly backs out've thread.*

i haven't seen anything besides the first japanese trailer. Yall aren't getting me.

zulux21

Amazon finally charged me. Still no shipping notice though.

if you go to your orders it should look a lot like
1f36f51c06154acebad0a65.png

you will get the shipping notice in the next 12 hours or so :p

zulux21

Nice review :)

And it looks like Amazon orders with the watch are now shipping. I hope I get the red display...

3ds orders with the watch shipped yesterday, vita orders with the watch are shipping today.
I am also hoping for the red display. Red is a very pretty color ^^
i'd be fine with blue as well... I don't want green though, my alarm clock has green numbers... tires of looking at green numbers lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
3ds orders with the watch shipped yesterday, vita orders with the watch are shipping today.
I am also hoping for the red display. Red is a very pretty color ^^
i'd be fine with blue as well... I don't want green though, my alarm clock has green numbers... tires of looking at green numbers lol
There is a game related reason why I want the red one~

zulux21

There is a game related reason why I want the red one~

ah, that makes sense as well, I have not been blessed with an early copy of the game so all I have to go off of for what I want is how pretty the colors are lol

thinking about things, you guys have mentioned to get the most out of virtue you should play 999 first.
would getting the safe ending be enough for 999 or do you need to get the true ending?

Necrovex

I made a tiny more progress on VLR after my Krav Maga workout. But, I'm a little stuck again after I made such progress in that one room:

I received the silver file (I'm going to reset the room after I figure it out. Easy mode doesn't help at all). But, I have no leads (i.e. my item slot is empty, I've used every code that I have received thus far) regarding how to escape the first room that has me, Phi, and Alice. Any help?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ah, that makes sense as well, I have not been blessed with an early copy of the game so all I have to go off of for what I want is how pretty the colors are lol

thinking about things, you guys have mentioned to get the most out of virtue you should play 999 first.
would getting the safe ending be enough for 999 or do you need to get the true ending?
You want the true ending. Trust me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I made a tiny more progress on VLR after my Krav Maga workout. But, I'm a little stuck again after I made such progress in that one room:

I received the silver file (I'm going to reset the room after I figure it out. Easy mode doesn't help at all). But, I have no leads (i.e. my item slot is empty, I've used every code that I have received thus far) regarding how to escape the first room that has me, Phi, and Alice. Any help?
You're still in the
cabin?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just started playing...done about 5 hours, reached one locked point, and one Game Over.

Not sure how I feel yet compared to 999...the voice acting is top-notch, and I like the puzzles, but so far the characters and storyline haven't drawn me yet like 999 did. But it's still early, and the route I've gone has been really light on character development.

I love Sigma though. Probably a better lead than the already cool Junpei.

Only main problems I have are that the touch-screen seems to sometimes act a bit wonky when moving around, the bottom screen always flashes when a characters begins a new line of dialouge, and "DONNO". It's "Dunno". Right?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just started playing...done about 5 hours, reached one locked point, and one Game Over.

Not sure how I feel yet compared to 999...the voice acting is top-notch, and I like the puzzles, but so far the characters and storyline haven't drawn me yet like 999 did. But it's still early, and the route I've gone has been really light on character development.

I love Sigma though. Probably a better lead than the already cool Junpei.

Only main problems I have are that the touch-screen seems to sometimes act a bit wonky when moving around, the bottom screen always flashes when a characters begins a new line of dialouge, and "DONNO". It's "Dunno". Right?
Sigma really made the game for me, if you couldn't tell.

Necrovex

You're still in the
cabin?

Aye.
I'm at the very end simply unable to find the safe password to escape the room (or have any idea where to begin my search, since I thought I found everything in the cabin). I got the safe password for the file.

Sigma really made the game for me, if you couldn't tell.

He is a really fun guy and non-moronic to boot! His interactions with everyone are delightful to read.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Aye.
I'm at the very end simply unable to find the safe password to escape the room (or have any idea where to begin my search, since I thought I found everything in the cabin). I got the safe password for the file.

He is a really fun guy and non-moronic to boot! His interactions with everyone are delightful to read.
The code should be the opposite of what you used for the gold file.

Belisarius

Neo Member

There aren't any "u"s in "don't know," which is why I choose to write "donno." As far as I can tell, there's isn't an "officially correct" way to spell it.

Ok, I super-de-duper hate to be posting this, but I'm so frustrated ALREADY.
I'm totally stuck in the lounge. I've gotten the note from the bartender, put the globe together, got the magazine and made the clock shine it's light and got all the glasses and liquor, I know what to do, but fuck if I can't figure out how to make the goddamn drinks. I got a helpful hint last night, but I still can't figure it out...
I feel pretty stupid. I have a feeling I'm missing something; I think the zoom-in mechanic is gonna fuck with me a lot :( Halp!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm totally stuck in the lounge. I've gotten the note from the bartender, put the globe together, got the magazine and made the clock shine it's light and got all the glasses and liquor, I know what to do, but fuck if I can't figure out how to make the goddamn drinks. I got a helpful hint last night, but I still can't figure it out...
I feel pretty stupid. I have a feeling I'm missing something; I think the zoom-in mechanic is gonna fuck with me a lot :( Halp!
The son is the one lying on the bartenders notes. Use the mixing machine on the side of the bar.

It's been a while since I played that part of the game, but I believe the clues from the light and the globe gives one of the mixes to you, as well as the text on the globe itself. Then you look at that clue that lists the son/mother/father and you'll deduce the last one given enough time looking at it.

It's been a while since I played that part of the game, but I believe the clues from the light and the globe gives one of the mixes to you, as well as the text on the globe itself. Then you look at that clue that lists the son/mother/father and you'll deduce the last one given enough time looking at it.

The son is the one lying on the bartenders notes. Use the mixing machine on the side of the bar.

I've tried to use the mixing machine, and it says to put two bottles in, but it just won't let me. If I put one bottle in and push the button, it says "I need two bottles to make a drink", but when I try to put another bottle on the other side, it just switches the one bottle already in there with the one in the inventory slot. Is there a switch you have to use? Or something to activate the other side of the mixer? Is there a code on the note or something??? Gahh!!

Top Bottom