• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

kiryogi

Banned
I didn't really see what was so great about Zero's English voice work at first, but now I am a believer. A very good performance, indeed.

She has some fun range, but on the other hand the "Have a good tragedy" bits fall flat. Maybe since in JP it's awesome engrish instead in comparison.

Esura

Banned
Hey Kagari, could you tell me which one of the paths are endings and which one are
dead ends
from left to right? Didn't know those were in here. Hated that in Fate/Stay night. :(

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
My first "ending"
led up to a PC with a user/pw. I figure this is where kagari said that screenshots came in handy. Does anyone know if that combination is available during that specific play through? Since during the memento mori sequence, they showed me some deaths I haven't encountered.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hey Kagari, could you tell me which one of the paths are endings and which one are
dead ends
from left to right? Didn't know those were in here. Hated that in Fate/Stay night. :(

Do you really want me to spoil you on that? Part of the fun(?) is finding out what each ending actually is.

kiryogi

Banned
My first "ending"
led up to a PC with a user/pw. I figure this is where kagari said that screenshots came in handy. Does anyone know if that combination is available during that specific play through? Since during the memento mori sequence, they showed me some deaths I haven't encountered.

It's something we're supposed to run into in further playthrus

Wii Tank

To anyone who is having trouble with the infirmary room's gold file:

It was bothering me how the puzzle with the three buttons on the medicine cabinet kept prompting me that there was something more to it. So I decided to brute force it. 221 combinations later I found that 221 (or somewhere close to that number) opens the drawer to the left of the buttons. In the drawer you find another sheet, which when you bring to the bed and scan, reveals the FOUND code that is needed to open the safe for the file. I guess this makes finding FOUND slightly less cryptic, but I still have no idea how anyone is supposed to figure out the code 221.

Esura

Banned
Do you really want me to spoil you on that? Part of the fun(?) is finding out what each ending actually is.

Sure, as long as you don't mind sharing that is. Saves me time. Wouldn't of mind going through them if they actually offered some new story insight like the bad endings but they don't even do that and there is way too many trees.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sure, as long as you don't mind sharing that is. Saves me time. Wouldn't of mind going through them if they actually offered some new story insight like the bad endings but they don't even do that and there is way too many trees.

Okay, hold on. I'll take a screenshot.

Feep

Banned
Just started! Loving it already.

The storyteller in me says so much exposition at the onset of a narrative will lose readers, but the other part of me knows that almost everyone who's buying this game knows what they're getting into. I don't mind, personally, so long as the concepts presented are interesting.

Voice work is surprisingly good. Dio is DEFINITELY one of the guys from Catherine (Orlando?), and Alice is rocking it. Zero III has an annoying pitch, but he makes some really good choices in his dialogue.

Woohoo! That Nonary feelinggggg~

IMACOMPUTA

So guys.. Is it everything you wished it would be? I've looked through some of the thread for impressions but have come across too many spoilerish things and don't really want to know any more.

Am I retarded? I can't figure out something in the
security room. I did all the puizles to get to the sentence on the middle panel, but I can't make tails or what the fuck it wants or in what order or anything. I can't find any clues towards it either, though I imagine the two other panels should be clues, I'm totally lost. Anybody got a hint?

Esura

Banned
So guys.. Is it everything you wished it would be? I've looked through some of the thread for impressions but have come across too many spoilerish things and don't really want to know any more.

I like it when it comes to graphics, voice acting, art direction, characters and story wise. As far as the gameplay is concerned...I usually hate puzzles unless they are like Catherine or QBert like puzzles and this game is no exception. Wish there was just a VN mode. :(

TheExodu5

Banned
Why am I always getting "The Network features have been disabled" message every time I start up the game again from standby? What network features?

IMACOMPUTA

I like it, character and story wise. As far as the gameplay is concerned...I usually hate puzzles unless they are like Catherine or QBert like puzzles and this game is no exception. Wish there was just a VN mode. :(
Well I played through 999 so I think I know what to expect.. Does it live up to 999s greatness?

Esura

Banned
Well I played through 999 so I think I know what to expect.. Does it live up to 999s greatness?

I've only done one ending but...yeah imo.

999 was close to perfect (my hate for puzzles notwithstanding) and I find myself liking this even more because of the characters and the fact I don't have to do the same darn puzzle over and over and over and over. Puzzles seem harder in this game for some reason, or I've gotten dumber in the past few days.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Am I retarded? I can't figure out something in the
security room. I did all the puizles to get to the sentence on the middle panel, but I can't make tails or what the fuck it wants or in what order or anything. I can't find any clues towards it either, though I imagine the two other panels should be clues, I'm totally lost. Anybody got a hint?

Go back to the power braker. Turn off the right most two switches on the bottom row then the right most one on the second row from the bottom. Then go back and arrange the tiles to form the words on the two right and left screens you solved 'I was you' etc.

Go back to the power braker. Turn off the right most two switches on the bottom row then the right most one on the second row from the bottom. Then go back and arrange the tiles to form the words on the two right and left screens you solved 'I was you' etc.

That was the very first thing I did and it doesn't work. What the hell.

EDIT: Oh fuck me, I had to put them all in a row. I was separating them out to the sides. 20 minutes on a puzzle I had actually solved because I wasn't putting it together the way they wanted -_-

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Okay, here it is... but I think it takes away from the game a little bit. Your call to click on it though: http://www.novacrystallis.com/flow.jpg

MASSIVE FLOW CHART SPOILERS, DO NOT CLICK IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN UNSPOILED

Noi

Reached the
computer password
part on my way down the leftmost branch. Needless to say, I had to "To Be Continued..." it up.

My reaction to everything that's happened in this branch:

agy0k.gif

MooMoo

I really hate the puzzles in this game a lot more than the ones in 999.

Need help with ROOM:
archive room
with the PUZZLE
involving the dice rolling to match the 6 slots. I already matched them by the color, which netted me the gold file so now I'm just shooting for the passcode to escape the room. I've tried all the following and I can't seem to get it:
1. Match by numerical value (based on the file obtained from the musical roll sheet), regardless of color order
2. Match by both numerical value with color order (based on the bookmark obtained from the diary).
3. Match by default dice value to numerical value (i.e. if the default face of a dice--before you touch any of them--showed a "1", I placed it in the "1" position based on the file obtained from the musical roll sheet.) Did this regardless and in regards to the numerical values specified by the musical roll sheet file.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
God I hate so many people in the thread so much v______v

Even the Hulk would be amazed on how much I am green with envy for you folks already playing the game. v________________v

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I really hate the puzzles in this game a lot more than the ones in 999.

Need help with ROOM:
archive room
with the PUZZLE
involving the dice rolling to match the 6 slots. I already matched them by the color, which netted me the gold file so now I'm just shooting for the passcode to escape the room. I've tried all the following and I can't seem to get it:
1. Match by numerical value (based on the file obtained from the musical roll sheet), regardless of color order
2. Match by both numerical value with color order (based on the bookmark obtained from the diary).
3. Match by default dice value to numerical value (i.e. if the default face of a dice--before you touch any of them--showed a "1", I placed it in the "1" position based on the file obtained from the musical roll shoot.) Did this regardless and in regards to the numerical order specified by the musical roll sheet file.

Using the same format from the book mark. Like this:

[6 Blue] [Red 5]
[Red 2] [4 Green]
[1 Blue]
[3 Green]

Noi

[6 Blue] [Red 5]
[Red 2] [4 Green]
[1 Blue]
[3 Green]

Worth pointing out, you HAVE to make sure that
the colored dice land with the right numbers in the right spots. If you arrange them all by color but get even one number off, it'll accept it as the file password and not the escape one. It's kind of annoying since it's easy to mess up by accident while setting the last few dice up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
the colored die land with the right numbers in the right spots. If you arrange them all by color but gretc even one number off, it'll accept it as the file password and not the escape one. It's kind of annoying since it's easy to mess up by accident.

Oh yes, that happened to me too. Very annoying :(

MooMoo

[6 Blue] [Red 5]
[Red 2] [4 Green]
[1 Blue]
[3 Green]
Yo no comprendo. I swear I tried that and that's exactly what I have written down in my memo. I guess I must have went colorblind for a few minutes. Thanks again Kagari!
the colored dice land with the right numbers in the right spots. If you arrange them all by color but get even one number off, it'll accept it as the file password and not the escape one. It's kind of annoying since it's easy to mess up by accident while setting the last few dice up.
Ah, that would explain my troubles then. I knew I wasn't going crazy!

Reached the
computer password
part on my way down the leftmost branch. Needless to say, I had to "To Be Continued..." it up.

My reaction to everything that's happened in this branch:

agy0k.gif

Did the same five minutes ago. I think I have a handle on where the plot is going, but that's completely nuts, and I'm starting to see why we'll need so many playthroughs to hit the true end.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, uh, I'm familiar with a certain part of Japanese mythology so...

SPECULATION BUT POSSIBLY A CORRECT SPOILER
Is Luna Zero since Zero III is a rabbit and they live on the moon in Japanese lore? I also think that the characters are stuck on a moon based too due to that fact.

To anyone who is having trouble with the infirmary room's gold file:

It was bothering me how the puzzle with the three buttons on the medicine cabinet kept prompting me that there was something more to it. So I decided to brute force it. 221 combinations later I found that 221 (or somewhere close to that number) opens the drawer to the left of the buttons. In the drawer you find another sheet, which when you bring to the bed and scan, reveals the FOUND code that is needed to open the safe for the file. I guess this makes finding FOUND slightly less cryptic, but I still have no idea how anyone is supposed to figure out the code 221.

It's GOTTA have something to do with the fact you still have 20 Green Pills left in the Medicine Puzzle.

I imagine the number involves Color Theory or such and mixing certain amounts to get green...but I couldn't figure it out myself

Noi

I just solved the shit out of this puzzle, you guys.

Sigma echoed my exact feelings when I finished it, Jesus h @ all that box swapping.

So, uh, I'm familiar with a certain part of Japanese mythology so...

SPECULATION BUT POSSIBLY A CORRECT SPOILER
Is Luna Zero since Zero III is a rabbit and they live on the moon in Japanese lore? I also think that the characters are stuck on a moon based too due to that fact.

Here's my crazy speculation in relation to yours. I've only gotten a single ending.

If you wanna play that game, every single characters name could have something to do with the overarching metaplot. Sigma and Phi are both terms used in probability equations which certainly leads into the games themes of probability and causality, Quark is the smallest indivisible unit at the quantum level which can ignore cause and effect, Dio means God in Italian, Tenmyouji can be divided into Ten - Heaven and Myouji - Surname. Alice certainly has an affinity for rabbits in wonderland(as well as her being a zombie), Luna, as you said, as well as the constant references to phases of the moon. Clovers a returning character so I'm counting her out, and K could be anything, but if I had to stretch I could say that it could mean Kelvin, which leads us to Absolute Zero.

The game plays with the themes of fate, probability, quantum mechanics, probability and game theory as well as something revolving around a lunar eclipse that really, REALLY, it could go anywhere. Probably stuck in a quantum state though. Sigma is the symbol for the covariance matrix of a set of random variables in probability theory and statistics, after all.

Watch Da Birdie

Here's my crazy speculation in relation to yours. I've only gotten a single ending.

If you wanna play that game, every single characters name could have something to do with the overarching metaplot. Sigma and Phi are both terms used in probability equations which certainly leads into the games themes of probability and causality, Quark is the smallest indivisible unit at the quantum level which can ignore cause and effect, Dio means God in Italian, Tenmyouji can be divided into Ten - Heaven and Myouji - Surname. Alice certainly has an affinity for rabbits in wonderland(as well as her being a zombie), Luna, as you said, as well as the constant references to phases of the moon. Clovers a returning character so I'm counting her out, and K could be anything, but if I had to stretch I could say that it could mean Kelvin, which leads us to Absolute Zero.

The game plays with the themes of fate, probability, quantum mechanics, probability and game theory as well as something revolving around a lunar eclipse that really, REALLY, it could go anywhere. Probably stuck in a quantum state though. Sigma is the symbol for the covariance matrix of a set of random variables in probability theory and statistics, after all.

About K's Name...

I was going with numbers like in 999...K is the 11th letter of the alphabet, so I'm thinking Ace is under the outfit due to the double 1s...plus, it'd be ironic if the character whose face is covered is the guy who can't recognize faces.

Watch Da Birdie

Also I can't think of Dio without thinking of this dude:

PiC0d.png

There also happens to be a real-life (early spoiler)
circus star in Japan
named Dio, interestingly enough.

About K's Name...

I was going with numbers like in 999...K is the 11th letter of the alphabet, so I'm thinking Ace is under the outfit due to the double 1s...plus, it'd be ironic if the character whose face is covered is the guy who can't recognize faces.

Spoilers for the left most path in the flowchart, up until the
computer login
the only ending I got.

I'm actually guessing that it's Sigma or Junpei. Junpei is just a weird hunch, and Sigma is because of Sigmas memory of him getting kidnapped, due to his computer breaking (robot), his teacher being a bhuddist (robe) and him just getting broken up with by his g/f (K mentions he may have had a bad breakup as a joke.) If Sigma is in fact existing in a quantum state then he should be able to interact with K as long as he doesn't know his identity and cause a paradox, which is why I assume in one ending you will find out K's identity and it will instantaneously game over. In that case, the security rooms warning that I was you - you will become me rings true and would mean that K is in fact zero.

Noi

(Post 3rd branch pantry room)

Alice and Luna are dead already? At the same time? What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Watch Da Birdie

Spoilers for the left most path in the flowchart, up until the
computer login
the only ending I got.

I'm actually guessing that it's Sigma or Junpei. Junpei is just a weird hunch, and Sigma is because of Sigmas memory of him getting kidnapped, due to his computer breaking (robot), his teacher being a bhuddist (robe) and him just getting broken up with by his g/f (K mentions he may have had a bad breakup as a joke.) If Sigma is in fact existing in a quantum state then he should be able to interact with K as long as he doesn't know his identity and cause a paradox, which is why I assume in one ending you will find out K's identity and it will instantaneously game over. In that case, the security rooms warning that I was you - you will become me rings true and would mean that K is in fact zero.

I think you're probably right...that makes a TON of sense based on all the Schrodinger's Cat stuff floating around. Plus, that explains why Sigma has no VA...as I imagine the voice is muffled of course beneath the mask, but they'd probably share the same VA regardless if Sigma talked

Or, perhaps, like Schrödinger's Cat, K is EVERYBODY...but his/her existence is not decided upon until his armor comes off. That's why he's plain-spoken and amnesic

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I need help with the
archive combination lock with the colored dice that you have to weigh

I ended up using trial and error in this section.
Use the weight and test it against the dice. One of the colors should equal 50g, one should equal 100g and the other is 150g. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom