• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

not story spoiler but just some help on the gold folder in one of the early rooms

so im with clover and alice in the room with the food rations where you have make the acidic water etc and ive pretty much got the key to exit the room, but i reaaaaly want the secret folder too. I've got the sign with the message that says "the day the man was abducted" , i just dont understand what it means at all! is it an anagram? im fucking terrible at those lol, just a yes or no answer whether its anagram would be a great help!

...sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone had their LE's (3DS) ship out from amazon? mine's still marked as "shipping soon"

Mine is still "not yet shipped", so consider yourself lucky. Then again, I did opt for free shipping, since I'm in no rush to play this. Hope that doesn't affect my eligibility on the watch.

Necrovex

I got my first ending:

I acquired a "coffin" ending last night after the finishing B. Garden. So, I decided to jump to the other route for Alice, and I betrayed her....Well. imagined my surprise when I saw she selected the ally choice. I completed the laboratory stage too (grrrrrr, math), so I have to play through that novel portion sometime today.

Sigma is still a kick-ass character. My favorite character interaction so far is his conversation with Phi about her being chestless. That part made me laugh so god damn hard; I might have woken up my sister because of the intensity of my laughter. Also, his constant flirting is a blast to read. He is this year's Stocke (i.e. this year's best character)

Roto13

Well, bought this yesterday, totally enjoying it so far. I've
Allied with Alice and bitch betrayed me! Then I didn't get to make any more choices before I hit a story lock, which I was not expecting. Then I went back to the AB game moment and picked betray and Alice picked ally and I'm not sure how to feel about that. I'm guessing/hoping that there's a good reason for her to somehow change her vote, despite being sealed off from the rest of the players and any outside influences. After playing 999, I know there's some telepath stuff that happens in the Zero Escape world, so maybe that has something to do with it. :p EDIT: Ha ha, I literally closed my DS at the results screen and now they're calling attention to the fact that I've done this before. Awesome.

I like the characters, but not all of the designs. Specifically Clover and Alice look like idiots. I like Alice's character, though, even if she totally betrayed me, that bitch. She's giving me reason to believe she's not a mummy.

Back to the game! Loving it. It grabbed me faster than 999 did, but that could be because this game already has my 999 love going in and 999 didn't have that the first time I played. :p

I'm finding it impossible not to highlight spoilers, so consider this another drive by post.

Fuck it, I can't wait for the EU release anymore, time to import. I see VGP is already out of stock... Anyone recommends another reliable online store that ships to Europe (more specific Belgium)? Amazon is not an option, those shipping fees are like 18€...

Also I can't think of Dio without thinking of this dude:

PiC0d.png

This was also my first thought when I saw the character profiles :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I got the game~~~

Venfayth

Looking for some help in the
Security Room. The screen keeps telling me to erase some of the words bu I've no idea how to erase them... :/

Fuck it, I can't wait for the EU release anymore, time to import. I see VGP is already out of stock... Anyone recommends another reliable online store that ships to Europe (more specific Belgium)? Amazon is not an option, those shipping fees are like 18€...

This was also my first thought when I saw the character profiles :p

estarland ?
playasia ?

Koroviev

Finally started playing this last night. I love the presentation, especially the Japanese VA. While I prefer environmental puzzles a la Ico, I'm doing okay so far.

Midou

While I prefer environmental puzzles a la Ico, I'm doing okay so far.

I've been playing adventure games quite often for about 6 or 7 years, but I will still get stuck running around rooms a dozen times before I realize you can click right under a spot somewhere or something. I blame it slightly on the Vita, but it is mostly my fault.

Btw [very early spoilers], did the
very first room have a gold file? Like when you are in the 'elevator' with Phi
I thought it sounded like there wasn't one from the text, but I may have misread it...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Btw [very early spoilers], did the
very first room have a gold file? Like when you are in the 'elevator' with Phi
I thought it sounded like there wasn't one from the text, but I may have misread it...

Yes.

Na,
The room with the tree root puzzle and you're paired up with Phi and Luna.

Shoot, I don't remember off the top of my head, sorry. ;~;

Koroviev

I've been playing adventure games quite often for about 6 or 7 years, but I will still get stuck running around rooms a dozen times before I realize you can click right under a spot somewhere or something. I blame it slightly on the Vita, but it is mostly my fault.

I haven't had any issues with how the Vita version controls. Feels pretty responsive to me.

People say the watch has a film over the LED or whatever, but I can't see it and can't get anything off of it. D:

It's there, and that's what made me think mine was all scratched up. If I pull it off, it'll likely look good as new! But it's tough to get a hold of it to pull it off!

If you can't see it, don't worry about it, it's extra protection. :)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Haha, this thing totally got held up at the border cuz it only has English on it! Ah well, it's less scrunched up on the label cuz if it were bilingual, the print would be super-small. This is probably the fastest I've ever gotten an Aksys game in Canada and I didn't have to order from the States! I'm very happy with this launch. :D

Now to take a nap-nap before diving in.

Edit: I got mine from EB in the GTA, dunno if BB has it in yet. I had a pretty awesome conversation with the manager about Assassin's Creed III / AC3:L so I'm extra-hyped for next week. Need to get this done before then!

Aeana

3 hours in, and after switching between the English and Japanese voices several times, my primary thought is: poor Europeans. You guys will be missing out on Zero III's fantastic English performance. (._. )

TheExodu5

Banned
3 hours in, and after switching between the English and Japanese voices several times, my primary thought is: poor Europeans. You guys will be missing out on Zero III's fantastic English performance. (._. )

Yeah I was kind of regretting my choice of going with the English cast until I heard a lot of Zero's dialogue. Really fantastic performance. Zero III reminds me a lot of Kefka and Fawful, and the voice acting only helps sell it even more.

TheGrue

Do you get to go back to rooms and try for gold files? I think I know what to do for the file in the crew quarters, but I didn't get a chance to try before I was ushered out of there. I know the game mentions you can move back and forth through doors, but I want to be sure I can go back before saving again or I will just reload my old save.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Do you get to go back to rooms and try for gold files? I think I know what to do for the file in the crew quarters, but I didn't get a chance to try before I was ushered out of there. I know the game mentions you can move back and forth through doors, but I want to be sure I can go back before saving again or I will just reload my old save.

Yes, but you'll need to solve the room again. When I finished the game I was still missing 6 of the gold files, so I had to go back and complete them. It wasn't too bad as I had still remembered how to cycle through most of the puzzles fairly quickly.

corn_fest

I was going to hold off on buying any games until I worked through my backlog (and I'm a year into it)... but this is seriously tempting me. I don't know why I'm even in this thread anymore, I don't want to get spoiled.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
seems only gamestop carries this game. asked the duder at best buy if it came in and he looked it up on wikipedia. he started browsing release dates by region and said us listings weren't there: 'jp- that's japan. na- not sure what that is'

Hahaha, what the hell? He seriously wasn't able to figure out what "NA" means? How do people like that remember to breathe?

Top Bottom