• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

AniHawk

Damn it Anihawk I almost quote you but I remember quoting will reveal the content of spoiler tags.

it was more a statement of her general personality and less about a specific moment in the game. don't highlight the back-and-forth kiryogi and i are doing though.

I admit her voice is really.... lovable though. I am also annoyed by the fact that I always imagine Akihiko when I hear Dio, Aegis when I hear Phi, and Wendy Lee's voice is so distinctive too with Clover.

oh god. it's laura bailey. i'm used to her sounding like disgaea's raspberyl in everything.

Oh, and whoever voiced Zero III was doing a really good job--I really want to punch that friggin rabbit every time it laughs.

makes sense. she's the current voice of amy rose.

Can't wait to get all the endings so I can join all of you assholes in blackbaring your posts, hahaha.

i'm mostly in the spoiler thread, but it's moving kinda slow at the moment.

i actually had really good self-control this time. usually i spoil shit for myself because i'm bored and just want to read ahead. the only spoiler i saw was on accident. everything else remained shrouded in mystery... although i was on the right path on a couple occasions.

kiryogi

Banned
it was more a statement of her general personality and less about a specific moment in the game. don't highlight the back-and-forth kiryogi and i are doing though.

oh god. it's laura bailey. i'm used to her sounding like disgaea's raspberyl in everything.

makes sense. she's the current voice of amy rose.

I think it's the best performance I've heard from her yet in anything. Although in terms of range, she was really good with that southern accent of hers as Gemini in STV.

AniHawk

I think it's the best performance I've heard from her yet in anything. Although in terms of range, she was really good with that southern accent of hers as Gemini in STV.
i knew a guy who was a huge laura bailey fan. i think he's the one who pushed for that casting call in particular. not sure if that's the reason she was gemini, but i know he offered it up as a very serious suggestion.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
no kidding. at the time you had the mindset of that she probably killed them all, but she shows up all innocent and smiling in the distance there. What were you to think?! XD
Idk I trusted her the entire way through, especially since she tells you about the 3 laws before you get on her route ending. But since the game forces you to do every route for the true end, by that point I was just mechanically going through betray -> reload -> ally -> reload -> next path -> repeat so I didn't really feel any emotion when I had to choose whether or not to betray her :<

kiryogi

Banned
i knew a guy who was a huge laura bailey fan. i think he's the one who pushed for that casting call in particular. not sure if that's the reason she was gemini, but i know he offered it up as a very serious suggestion.

I can only say that with her performance as Luna here, I've gained a really big new found respect/adrmiation for her.

Idk I trusted her the entire way through, especially since she tells you about the 3 laws before you get on her route ending. But since the game forces you to do every route for the true end, by that point I was just mechanically going through betray -> reload -> ally -> reload -> next path -> repeat so I didn't really feel any emotion when I had to choose whether or not to betray her :<

I dunno think was, the game completely caught me off guard for the most part when it came to the AB games. There were many times the result of the AB game just wasn't what I expected at all. Although yeah, I suppose Luna's was pretty obvious,in which again I think about just how betrayed she felt. ;-; As Anihawk puts it, you really do deserve it. On the other hand, someone like Alice can go burn in hell

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
THAT WAS CLOSE!

I quoted Kiryogi's "I can only say that with her performance as Luna here, I've gained a really big new found respect/adrmiation for her" post but the system caught his edit and his edit appears too on the reply window! Thank God I quickly close the reply window and thus my eyes are kept safe from the spoiler!

Phew that was scary.

Alright, not gonna quote anything from you two from now on, hahaha.

AniHawk

THAT WAS CLOSE!

I quoted Kiryogi's "I can only say that with her performance as Luna here, I've gained a really big new found respect/adrmiation for her" post but the system caught his edit and his edit appears too on the reply window! Thank God I quickly close the reply window and safe from the spoiler.

Phew that was scary.

i've done it many times in this thread. just enough where i realize what i'm doing.

someone should make a video game out of this dilemma.

Lusankya

Clover: Sigma, ya hafta choose Ally

Sigma: i donno...kk ^^

Clover: =^0^= bye guise

Don't read unless you've beaten the game!

Well, Clover never betrays Sigma, when he is playing the AB game against her. One time she doesn't vote at all, because she's staying with Alice. The other time you both promised to ally and if you do she is truly thankful and if you do not she is very angry and sad about your betrayal. I think I only felt worse when I betrayed Luna.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Clover never betrays Sigma, when he is playing the AB game against her. One time she doesn't vote at all, because she's staying with Alice. The other time you both promised to ally and if you do she is truly thankful and if you do not she is very angry and sad about your betrayal. I think I only felt worse when I betrayed Luna.
A lot of the betrayals are pretty much just there as plot devices to get you to a bad end so I feel like those shouldn't reflect on the characters necessarily. The one where K gets 9BP and rushes for the door immediately after he gets out of the AB room felt so out of character, even though he's not completely trustworthy

Lusankya

A lot of the betrayals are pretty much just there as plot devices to get you to a bad end so I feel like those shouldn't reflect on the characters necessarily. The one where K gets 9BP and rushes for the door immediately after he gets out of the AB room felt so out of character, even though he's not completely trustworthy

K does this more than once, actually he betrays quite often and also does so to escape two times during bad endings. He also escapes with Dio during Quark's ending, but that time he actually intended to stay even with 9 BP. So I don't see why only Clover gets all the hate for escaping two times.

Jintor

oLQsM.jpg

I miss 2d sprites :(

Jintor

This game is so good. I keep flashing back to crazy shit in the original 999 that floored me. True end stuff:
Getting to the final 9 door... and turning around... AND THERE'S ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKING 9 DOOR. GOD DAMN

Volcynika

I've been afraid to enter this thread because I only just started the game, but...

"donno?" - I don't like it, but I can let it slide

But "You got another think coming" ?! WHAT THE FUCK, AKSYS GUYS

I think the "another think coming" is actually correct, it's just we keep thinking thing is right because of the song or whatever.

Also broke my rule about playing the game on a night before work. Feeling tired!

Jintor

Oh jesus christ, some dumb motherfucker put a spoiler for VLR in the spoiler tags on 999's tvtropes page. God fucking damnit. I hate the world.

FSLink

Banned
The main culprit *seems* to be the PEC and Crew Quarters.

My save corrupted due to me saving in Crew Quarters. I guess it was my fault although I have read that it's not wise saving on puzzle rooms... but that time I was so sleepy and not thinking straight I guess........

From me in the save bug thread:
I can confirm it is for sure not just PEC and the Crew's Quarters. Hit the bug after reloading a save from the Galeum Bay puzzle, got black screen. Yeah just don't save in a puzzle room period.

So yes. Just DO NOT SAVE IN A PUZZLE ROOM.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
For people with 3DSes, why don't you just shut the 3DS and leave it on while plugged in. You don't have to save or lose progress. It's not like you're going to play anything else while you're playing this game. If you're on the go, that sucks!

Omikaru

Oh my god.

Sigma's
blood! It's white? What the fucking fuck? Is he one of those robot things?
(don't answer that)

I plan on finishing today.

LegatoB

If they do stick with 3D, they need to work out a way to actually do real-time "event CG" in their engine. The stock-still pre-rendered 3D scenes look really terrible, especially when a character's mouth is frozen in place. (Although there's at least a couple LONG novel scenes, on the dub side, where lips completely stop moving even on the animated characters...)

L00P

I have a question for those who have beaten the game 100%. A simple, spoiler-free answer should be enough, thanks.

Here's the question:
Do I have to write the bomb codes down, or will Sigma remember that shit when the time comes? I actually have the codes I acquired written down just in case, but I'm curious all the same.

I asked that because I always thought Sigma's a bonehead, so I was kinda caught off-guard when he...spewed all those numbers while talking to Alice.

LiK

I have a question for those who have beaten the game 100%. A simple, spoiler-free answer should be enough, thanks.

Here's the question:
Do I have to write the bomb codes down, or will Sigma remember that shit when the time comes? I actually have the codes I acquired written down just in case, but I'm curious all the same.

I asked that because I always thought Sigma's a bonehead, so I was kinda caught off-guard when he...spewed all those numbers while talking to Alice.

must be written down

Durante

What's the fastest way to import the US Vita version to mainland Europe? I just played the demo and I don't want to wait 3 weeks.

Omikaru

What's the fastest way to import the US Vita version to mainland Europe? I just played the demo and I don't want to wait 3 weeks.

Similar to Dantis. I used VG+ and it took 5 working days to reach Cardiff, in the UK. Amazon in the US with a good shipping option is also something to consider, though I've never used that personally. I think a few Australian GAF'ers got their copy much sooner by doing that.

FSLink

Banned
For people with 3DSes, why don't you just shut the 3DS and leave it on while plugged in. You don't have to save or lose progress. It's not like you're going to play anything else while you're playing this game. If you're on the go, that sucks!
Well for one, we shouldn't have to worry about our saves corrupting in the middle of saving in a puzzle room. Also the game can freeze at certain points. Even heard of it freezing in a novel section.

MarkusRJR

So because I'm poor I decided to play 999 again to help me remember the plot. I planned to only play half an hour and I ended up playing for 7 hours. I'm horrified for when I get VLR. I might as well say goodbye to my free time for a week.

Omikaru

Downloading it via PSN.

That's not ideal, sadly, since Vita can only have one PSN account at a time. If we're in Europe, it makes sense that we have an EU PSN account with a lot of purchases on it, so switching to a US one for a single game is a bother. Same reason why retail games with DLC present an issue (though only if you plan on buying the DLC, obviously).

Torraz

That's not ideal, sadly, since Vita can only have one PSN account at a time. If we're in Europe, it makes sense that we have an EU PSN account with a lot of purchases on it, so switching to a US one for a single game is a bother. Same reason why retail games with DLC present an issue (though only if you plan on buying the DLC, obviously).

That's the one thing that is holding me back. My ~100 bucks of PAL account content and the fact that my pal account is ps+, which at least on the PS 3 is supposedly better in the EU than in the US.

Still, I am also going to play the PAL demo. Not sure if I can contain myself after that though :p.

Durante

Downloading it via PSN.
I wish. But between requiring a separate memory card and not tracking achievements/saves on the same account all my other stuff is on, that sucks as an option.

I'm just happy VLR doesn't have DLC so importing the physical version is hassle-free.

Top Bottom