• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Ah fuck it, gonna use a guide with this one just to experience the story.

No sense in getting my brains fried out while also having the perpetual dread at the back of my head about the game possibly crashing out on me again deleting my save and hardwork.

From the looks of things it's not like Aksys or Chunsoft is going to do a damn thing about it anyways.

LiK

No sense in getting my brains fried out while also having the perpetual dread at the back of my head about the game possibly crashing out on me again deleting all of my saves and hardwork.

only use a guide for puzzles. if you follow your instincts for the story parts, that's more fun.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
only use a guide for puzzles. if you follow your instincts for the story parts, that's more fun.

Yeah I'm planning to do that. I don't want to have to do all that hardwork solving all the puzzles with the fear of the game corrupting my save nagging me at the back of my head.

I am not gonna use any story guide or whathaveyou.

Hopefully....... no crash is going to interfere my journey again.

Wait, just to be safe: none of the puzzles are actually critical/important/related to the overall story of the game, yes?

LiK

Yeah I'm planning to do that. I don't want to have to do all that hardwork solving all the puzzles with the fear of the game corrupting my save nagging me at the back of my head.

I am not gonna use any story guide or whathaveyou.

Hopefully....... no crash is going to interfere my journey again.

Wait, just to be safe: none of the puzzles are actually critical/important/related to the overall story of the game, yes?

some are just puzzles and some are story-related. but it's worth investigating everything before you solve a puzzle so you maximize all the funny dialogue that pops up. some of the funny stuff comes from just examining random stuff in an Escape Room.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
some are just puzzles and some are story-related. but it's worth investigating everything before you solve a puzzle so you maximize all the funny dialogue that pops up. some of the funny stuff comes from just examining random stuff in an Escape Room.

I would love to do that, but there have been reports of the game crashing/corrupting due to people messing up with stuff in the puzzle rooms too often :\

Eusis

It does sort of feel like Chunsoft STARTED on 3DS, but leaned more on Vita by the end. Not optimizing some of the stuff for 3D that they could have (opening movie, still shots), the crashes, and even extra fucking colors for writing is kind of crazy. Hell, I bet the audio quality could've been higher too, but then I'd have to see how much space the game ended up taking.

Roto13

No sense in getting my brains fried out while also having the perpetual dread at the back of my head about the game possibly crashing out on me again deleting my save and hardwork.

From the looks of things it's not like Aksys or Chunsoft is going to do a damn thing about it anyways.

Or just don't save in the escape segments....

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
really? you're playing 3DS version i assume? no issues with Vita for me.

Yes. I thought it was obvious with me talking about the save corrupting problem and me feeling ticked off with the game corrupting my save, hahaha.

...Seriously though, I was feeling really ticked off to the point where I am feeling I won't support Aksys again in the future if this is how they are treating their supporters. I guess that's just my disappointment in me talking and "heat of the moment" shit and not my logical part, but still... *sigh*

FYI, there have been reports in GameFAQS of people getting a crash during novel segment and got their save corrupted too.

Which is why I am asking for clarification earlier asking Akselsyz (sorry about the mispelling) about this but apparently either he missed my post or I was getting ignored (and I am a bit ticked off about it to be frank)

LiK

yea, i don't understand why people saved in them anyway. i kept forgetting to save actually. there's no way to get stuck and if you need to restart, the puzzles are super short if you know the solutions already.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It does sort of feel like Chunsoft STARTED on 3DS, but leaned more on Vita by the end. Not optimizing some of the stuff for 3D that they could have (opening movie, still shots), the crashes, and even extra fucking colors for writing is kind of crazy. Hell, I bet the audio quality could've been higher too, but then I'd have to see how much space the game ended up taking.

Well, all the art is already done at higher res for the 2D stuff. Even in 999 that was the case.

Eusis

Well, all the art is already done at higher res for the 2D stuff. Even in 999 that was the case.
True, and it's especially smart for the 3D stuff because "why not?", it's mainly the crashes, missing alternative memo colors, and even the occasional performance hiccups that make it seem like they leaned on the Vita more in the end. Imagine that won't be the case for Zero Escape 3, or so I hope.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
True, and it's especially smart for the 3D stuff because "why not?", it's mainly the crashes, missing alternative memo colors, and even the occasional performance hiccups that make it seem like they leaned on the Vita more in the end. Imagine that won't be the case for Zero Escape 3, or so I hope.

Or they had an easier time moving the game over to Vita, combined with the system's higher specs it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Man....my brain feels like it’s going to melt at any second now! It seems impossible to piece everything together at this point, but my brain just won’t stop trying!

When I opened
Dio’s pod and saw him dead I nearly had a small heart attack! That pose....eep!
So much stuff to take in and process. This is getting really juicy!

And OMGOMGOMG! After hearing K’s back-story is
that old lady they found dead June? And could Tenmyouji be the father? Making K’s parents June and Junpei!?

l9DOG.gif

Schrodinger's Cat

Hmmmmmmmmm....

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Or they had an easier time moving the game over to Vita, combined with the system's higher specs it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

That's all very fine and dandy, but hopefully they just don't stop caring about the folks who buy it for the 3DS in the first place.

...man I am sorry if I sounded rude here. This is not typically the way I post in GAF but I am just incredibly disappointed since this is one of my most anticipated games ever considering I was incredibly mind-blowned by 999 back then.

Roto13

Yes. I thought it was obvious with me talking about the save corrupting problem and me feeling ticked off with the game corrupting my save, hahaha.

...Seriously though, I was feeling really ticked off to the point where I am feeling I won't support Aksys again in the future if this is how they are treating their supporters. I guess that's just my disappointment in me talking and "heat of the moment" shit and not my logical part, but still... *sigh*

FYI, there have been reports in GameFAQS of people getting a crash during novel segment and got their save corrupted too.

Which is why I am asking for clarification earlier asking Akselsyz (sorry about the mispelling) about this but apparently either he missed my post or I was getting ignored (and I am a bit ticked off about it to be frank)

I get the impression a lot of things tick you off.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's all very fine and dandy, but hopefully they just don't stop caring about the folks who buy it for the 3DS in the first place.

...man I am sorry if I sounded rude here. This is not typically the way I post in GAF but I am just incredibly disappointed since this is one of my most anticipated games ever considering I was incredibly mind-blowned by 999 back then.

I would recommend upgrading to the latest 3DS firmware if you haven't, just in case.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I get the impression a lot of things tick you off.

So what, am I not supposed to voice my displeasure about my hardwork/save getting corrupted? Am I just have to say "Oh no biggie I just can start over and over again?"

This is not my normal GAF behavior, I can assure you. It's especially ticking me off since this is one of my most anticipated game ever and one of the major reasons I am getting a 3DS in the first place.

I would recommend upgrading to the latest 3DS firmware if you haven't, just in case.

My version right now is 4.1.0-7U. Don't know if it's the latest or not... in fact I got this update when I plopped in this game's cartridge into my system.

Eusis

Point, and that alone would be enough to iron out the random hitches, but the crashes are disappointing and the color thing just weird. Ah well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So what, am I not supposed to voice my displeasure about my hardwork/save getting corrupted? Am I just have to say "Oh no biggie I just can start over and over again?"

This is not my normal GAF behavior, I can assure you. It's especially ticking me off since this is one of my most anticipated game ever and one of the major reasons I am getting a 3DS in the first place.

My version right now is 4.1.0-7U. Don't know if it's the latest or not... in fact I got this update when I plopped in this game's cartridge into my system.

The latest is 10U... you need to update.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The latest is 10U... you need to update.

Hmmm, alright I'll try updating it and see if it makes any difference... though I doubt it since Tales of Two Towns had the same problem (although the save are not corrupted) and various system updates since then had done zilch and nada.

Still... no harm in trying, I guess.

Jintor

I figured out the hidden password in the first elevator... by randomly pressing buttons.

I don't really feel very smart :/

I have a good idea of what to do with the crew quarters and the b. garden though...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I can't be the only one playing with the 3DS version in this thread, can I.....?

Because it feels kind of lonely here getting mad all by myself, hahaha.

Jintor

I ran into a weird Vita bug where my touch cursor would get stuck in the upper left hand corner of the screen and it'd disable my touch controls entirely unless I put the Vita to sleep and woke it up again, probably because it was fooled into thinking there was a continuous touch-screen input overriding it the entire time. thankfulyl it only really happened when zoomed in on a panel in the first elevator and doesn't seem to have re-emerged since.

Instro

Quick question

I entered the directors room in the far left story path and am faced with a password system related to memento mori, Sigma has a bunch of visions and such. Is this a password I should already know or is it something presented to me in another path? It's a little weird cause I would have expected this to be a locked one but it doesn't look like it is.

Also, had my first crash today on the 3DS version. No big deal, nothing lost or anything, it came after I got my first legit ending
the Dio one
and went to load up a different story point. Otherwise my experience has been smooth thus far, considering I already have some 25 hours in the game.

Quick question

I entered the directors room in the far left story path and am faced with a password system related to memento mori, Sigma has a bunch of visions and such. Is this a password I should already know or is it something presented to me in another path? It's a little weird cause I would have expected this to be a locked one but it doesn't look like it is.

Also, had my first crash today on the 3DS version. No big deal, nothing lost or anything, it came after I got my first legit ending
the Dio one
and went to load up a different story point. Otherwise my experience has been smooth thus far, considering I already have some 25 hours in the game.

Go to other paths.

Noi

Quick question

the Dio one

You're not meant to know the answer at that point, no. Just hop on over to another branch and keep playing~

Damn, how many times does
Clover get to leave through the 9 Door? It seems like no one ever betrays her.

In what I've seen, she's the only one smart enough to be at the lever and pulling it as soon as she can instead of standing around the screen waiting for the results. If you already know you're getting 9 BP and are planning on hoofing it out of there, that's the most sensible course of action - why give anyone else more openings to stop you than you have to?

In what I've seen, she's the only one smart enough to be at the lever and pulling it as soon as she can instead of standing around the screen waiting for the results. If you already know you're getting 9 BP and are planning on hoofing it out of there, that's the most sensible course of action - why give anyone else more openings to stop you than you have to?

I'm just surprised at how often she gets the opportunity. I still haven't played every path yet obviously, but I don't remember her ever losing any BP so far, at least not very often. She's always leaving, even when she doesn't want too!

Also, in an unrelated musing, why the hell
did they not make any more Axelavir with the duplicator? They used up both viles without making at least one back up. Seems pretty silly.

Videoneon

Damn, how many times does
Clover get to leave through the 9 Door? It seems like no one ever betrays her.

Clover: Sigma, ya hafta choose Ally

Sigma: i donno...kk ^^

Clover: =^0^= bye guise

Don't read unless you've beaten the game!

She's fairly fortunate compared to most of the other characters, accounting for their histories. They're all infected with Radical 6, except for K who's only sometimes infected. Sure they're all dealing with a lot of stress, although Phi, Dio, K and Luna probably less so.

But for me it's something like this:

Alice: dies the most
Dio: for all his scheming, he dies pretty frequently
Sigma: if you're douchey enough, unfortunate things happen to him

Quark dies only once I think. K dies twice. Tenmyoji dies twice, Clover twice. Phi only once? I'm not counting the bombs, cause everybody gets enveloped by the whiteness...

Tagg9

Got my first ending! I'm confused. D: I got the
Dio - End

Funny - that's the exact same ending I got at first as well. I was like... how does that relate to anything?!...

Also, I'm playing on 3DS as well. About 50% of the way through, and haven't encountered any crashes or slowdown or anything. I also haven't updated the firmware in months.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You two played and finished it on the 3DS?

Thoughts on the whole experience? Did you experience any crash/save corruption?

I'm on the 3ds and have been fine for the 13 hours I have logged. Though I guess I was just lucky(?) with the routes I've been picking as I have yet to go into the dreaded PEC area.

I do get some apparent frame rate chugging when I'm scrolling around rooms which is weird.

You two played and finished it on the 3DS? a 100% file with all the endings?

Thoughts on the whole experience? Did you experience any crash/save corruption?

I had a weird bug in the archives where the arrows, memo, and return buttons won't work at all. So had to go to the home menu and restart. Other than that I loved it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm on the 3ds and have been fine for the 13 hours I have logged. Though I guess I was just lucky(?) with the routes I've been picking as I have yet to go into the dreaded PEC area.

I do get some apparent frame rate chugging when I'm scrolling around rooms which is weird.

The main culprit *seems* to be the PEC and Crew Quarters.

My save corrupted due to me saving in Crew Quarters. I guess it was my fault although I have read that it's not wise saving on puzzle rooms... but that time I was so sleepy and not thinking straight I guess........

I had a weird bug in the archives where the arrows, memo, and return buttons won't work at all. So had to go to the home menu and restart. Other than that I loved it.

But you did finish it? 100% file?

If yes, that's encouraging news at least.

Top Bottom