• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The main culprit *seems* to be the PEC and Crew Quarters.

My save corrupted due to me saving in Crew Quarters. I guess it was my fault although I have read that it's not wise saving on puzzle rooms... but that time I was so sleepy and not thinking straight I guess........

I haven't saved in any of the puzzle rooms but I passed the crew quarters with no crashing. I've mostly just been closing the 3ds in general when I feel like stopping which has been in puzzle rooms a lot.

It's not really your fault, it's pretty shitty that I need to always be aware of when I shouldn't be saving. As much as I'm enjoying the game, if I lost the 13 hours of progress I have, I would not be trying it again.

Videoneon

The main culprit *seems* to be the PEC and Crew Quarters.

My save corrupted due to me saving in Crew Quarters. I guess it was my fault although I have read that it's not wise saving on puzzle rooms... but that time I was so sleepy and not thinking straight I guess........

Actually I beat the game a few days ago on the 3DS. My game did freeze a few times when I was in The Archives. On my first go I get up to the dice puzzle without saving, and after a minute it freezes. So my next go around I save right before the dice puzzle and after a minute or two it'd just end up freezing. I managed to beat it without freezing after a couple more tries.

That was the only incident though, after that my game was good. I never had a problem in those two (PEC, Crew Quarters) rooms, I even saved a couple of times in the Crew Quarters because I didn't want to get forced out of the room once I solved the puzzles (sure enough, I type in the escape password first and I get forced out). By the time I got to the PEC I had read up on the issues from GAF and GameFAQs so I didn't save there. Several hours or so in the game I just stopped saving in puzzle rooms altogether.

kiryogi

Banned
You two played and finished it on the 3DS? a 100% file with all the endings?

Thoughts on the whole experience? Did you experience any crash/save corruption?

100% it but ran into the PEC bug and lost 20 hours (total play time of 60 combined with that) My experience with the PEC was awful, crash after crash. But the rest of the game was stable.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I haven't saved in any of the puzzle rooms but I passed the crew quarters with no crashing. I've mostly just been closing the 3ds in general when I feel like stopping which has been in puzzle rooms a lot.

It's not really your fault, it's pretty shitty that I need to always be aware of when I shouldn't be saving. As much as I'm enjoying the game, if I lost the 13 hours of progress I have, I would not be trying it again.

Yes well don't know why I did that back then although I do aware about the problem saving during a puzzle on the 3DS version. Chalk that up with me being tired and trying to solve puzzles at the same time I guess.

Actually I beat the game a few days ago on the 3DS. My game did freeze a few times when I was in The Archives. On my first go I get up to the dice puzzle without saving, and after a minute it freezes. So my next go around I save right before the dice puzzle and after a minute or two it'd just end up freezing. I managed to beat it without freezing after a couple more tries.

That was the only incident though, after that my game was good. I never had a problem in those two (PEC, Crew Quarters) rooms, I even saved a couple of times in the Crew Quarters because I didn't want to get forced out of the room once I solved the puzzles (sure enough, I type in the escape password first and I get forced out). By the time I got to the PEC I had read up on the issues from GAF and GameFAQs so I didn't save there. Several hours or so in the game I just stopped saving in puzzle rooms altogether.

And you are golden ever since? a 100% file?

Yup. All gold files, every puzzle on hard, and every branch.

Fantastic news. That means it is actually possible to do that in the 3DS version. I will be veeery careful not to save in the puzzle rooms now for my next playthrough then.

100% it but ran into the PEC bug and lost 20 hours (total play time of 60 combined with that) My experience with the PEC was awful, crash after crash. But the rest of the game was stable.

Your save got corrupted? You saved on the PEC room on that lost 20 hours file?

I guess I am gonna use a guide specifically for that room so that I can bypass that room as fast as possible.

Also, this is a terribly selfish thing to say, but for some reason I am really glad I am not the sole person agonizing through the bugs and glitches of the 3DS version in GAF, hahaha.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
You two played and finished it on the 3DS? a 100% file with all the endings?

Thoughts on the whole experience? Did you experience any crash/save corruption?

I also got 100% on the 3DS version. And I saved/loaded multiple times in every escape room, PEC and Crew Quarters included, since I hadn't heard about the bug until after I'd completed them. *knock on wood* Only technical issues I encountered were some slowdown when certain puzzles loaded, but no crashes.

I also posted a guide to getting through the PEC room earlier in this thread, maybe you'll find it useful (puzzle-related spoilers, obviously) - http://i.minus.com/iYKOE6awGeAaV.jpg

Unfortunately, it's not really an area where you can skip many steps. :S

Videoneon

Yeah, after that room I had no problems (although I never saved in a puzzle room afterwards), and I ended up 100%-ing the game and seeing everything. You should be fine from here on out, though your frustration is totally understandable--sucks that anybody had to deal with it.

kiryogi

Banned
Yes well don't know why I did that back then although I do aware about the problem saving during a puzzle on the 3DS version. Chalk that up with me being tired and trying to solve puzzles at the same time I guess.

And you are golden ever since? a 100% file?

Fantastic news. That means it is actually possible to do that in the 3DS version. I will be veeery careful not to save in the puzzle rooms now for my next playthrough then.

Your save got corrupted? You saved on the PEC room on that lost 20 hours file?

I guess I am gonna use a guide specifically for that room so that I can bypass that room as fast as possible.

Also, this is a terribly selfish thing to say, but for some reason I am really glad I am not the sole person agonizing through the bugs and glitches of the 3DS version in GAF, hahaha.

This is correct.

See the extent of how many countless crashes I got in PEC room was pretty WTF . I ended up devising a way to cheat the game provided it let me get to that point. I did everything in the room up until the point where I got both passwords for the safe, then quickly head into the flowchart (And there was one time where it'd crash right as I was loading the flowchart. . .)and restart the room. (Since I had crashes that would be right after solving the last puzzle or as I was about to enter the safe codes) And with knowledge of the safe codes in the memo, I'd just blitz the safe as soon as I entered and clear!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I also got 100% on the 3DS version. And I saved/loaded multiple times in every escape room, PEC and Crew Quarters included, since I hadn't heard about the bug until after I'd completed them. *knock on wood* Only technical issues I encountered were some slowdown when certain puzzles loaded, but no crashes.

I also posted a guide to getting through the PEC room earlier in this thread, maybe you'll find it useful (puzzle-related spoilers, obviously) - http://i.minus.com/iYKOE6awGeAaV.jpg

Holy shit you are so unbelievably lucky there, hahaha.

Thanks for the guide. I'll be sure to use it to escape this... as you call it, god-forsaken room.

Yeah, after that room I had no problems (although I never saved in a puzzle room afterwards), and I ended up 100%-ing the game and seeing everything. You should be fine from here on out, though your frustration is totally understandable--sucks that anybody had to deal with it.

Well hearing the fact that you can 100% and see everything in the game is really really encouraging. Thanks :)

This is correct.

See the extent of how many countless crashes I got in PEC room was pretty WTF . I ended up devising a way to cheat the game provided it let me get to that point. I did everything in the room up until the point where I got both passwords for the safe, then quickly head into the flowchart (And there was one time where it'd crash right as I was loading the flowchart. . .)and restart the room. (Since I had crashes that would be right after solving the last puzzle or as I was about to enter the safe codes) And with knowledge of the safe codes in the memo, I'd just blitz the safe as soon as I entered and clear!

Huh...... Pommy Dragon's guide shows the numbers for the safe at the end (so they are not randomized in this particular case?)

I wonder if I should just bypass all of the examining or investigating or whatever and just head straight to the safe and opening it with those numbers, if that is possible. Seem safer.

Want to see slow down? Move around a room with the circle pad lol.

MarkusRJR

This game is impossible to find. :(

Oh and has Aksys said anything about a patch for the 3DS version? I'm worried I won't be able to find the Vita version.

kiryogi

Banned
Holy shit you are so unbelievably lucky there, hahaha.

Thanks for the guide. I'll be sure to use it to escape this... as you call it, god-forsaken room.

Well hearing the fact that you can 100% and see everything in the game is really really encouraging. Thanks :)

Huh...... Pommy Dragon's guide shows the numbers for the safe at the end (so they are not randomized in this particular case?)

I wonder if I should just bypass all of the examining or investigating or whatever and just head straight to the safe and opening it with those numbers, if that is possible. Seem safer.

Those are the numbers to get the safe password. Safe password is always random to say per save file, but same for that entire play thru. The trend I noticed as I've cleared that room over 5-10 times (who knows), it would keep generating the same password. But yeah, safe password for my game wouldn't be the same one you'd use. But the one mentioned there for that puzzle is universal.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This game is impossible to find. :(

Oh and has Aksys said anything about a patch for the 3DS version? I'm worried I won't be able to find the Vita version.

They have said they are "looking into it" but in my honest opinion it is nothing more than PR talk. After all it seems like the original Japanese version suffered the same problem too and they let it go unfixed. I don't think anyone in Aksys or Chunsoft will bother to release a patch for the english version.

...I would love to be proven wrong, however. Really love.

Those are the numbers to get the safe password. Safe password is always random to say per save file, but same for that entire play thru. The trend I noticed as I've cleared that room over 5-10 times (who knows), it would keep generating the same password. But yeah, safe password for my game wouldn't be the same one you'd use. But the one mentioned there for that puzzle is universal.

I will pray that some of the ExMachina's luck will rub on me during my traversing that room. Hopefully.

Jintor

One of the most absolutely standout bits of Zero III's voice-acting for me is when explaining the Ambidex game,
suddenly dropping into a valley girl mocking accent
. Goddamn hilarious.

They have said they are "looking into it" but in my honest opinion it is nothing more than PR talk. After all it seems like the original Japanese version suffered the same problem too and they let it go unfixed. I don't think anyone in Aksys or Chunsoft will bother to release a patch for the english version.

Well, considering how important this franchise is to both companies, I would think it would be a top priority. (Though no game should be left in a glitched fashion.)

I really do hope that they address the situation soon. This game doesn't deserve to have this issue affecting it's potential for continued success.

Instro

I think the only ray of hope is that the series is significantly more popular here than in Japan, Aksys might be able to convince Chunsoft to do something. I doubt it though, seems like something 3DS players will have to live with.

Jintor

I... uh... what the fuck

Not even at another to be continued yet, but after completing PEC and listening to
the new memory card... Mars? Woah... 9 people... oh my god

This feels exactly like how effed I felt playing 999 for the first time. I'm loving it.

Jintor

I have my heart in my mouth every Ambidex round. I can only imagine what this would've been like actually playing against other people.

Jintor

Well, there we go, my second TBC. At least this time, unlike in 999,
Clover didn't flip out and stab everyone
... yet

IrishNinja

got my 3DS LE in from amazon a few days back, still left it sealed...i dont have a vita and prolly wont till sometime next year when i can find a good deal, but would you guys recommend keeping & playing through this one? the bug thread made me nervous, id hate to have that shit happen to me on a replay & lose everything.

kiryogi

Banned
got my 3DS LE in from amazon a few days back, still left it sealed...i dont have a vita and prolly wont till sometime next year when i can find a good deal, but would you guys recommend keeping & playing through this one? the bug thread made me nervous, id hate to have that shit happen to me on a replay & lose everything.

Just don't save in any puzzle rooms at the most. Aside from losing my 20 hours, I still ended up enjoying the game tremendously.

Mzo

Finished the Vita version 100% a couple of hours ago. Mindfucks right up to the very end.

I wasn't sure it would be better than 999 but it absolutely was.

AniHawk

my game crashed twice. once was after starting a path (after saving after an ending), and the other happened in the middle of the pec room (i lost about 30 minutes there).

both times the 3ds booted the game and the save just fine, but i never saved in any of the puzzle rooms.

when i went into the pec room a second time, i just used the faq and sped through it. i had figured out all but one puzzle at that point though.

Noi

i don't have the vita version, but the trophy names are great. love luna's ending's.

I stand by Belisarius writing the best trophy names. The three different sets of BlazBlue trophies are fantastic as well. Can't comment on the Agarest ones. :X

Thoraxes

Well, I stumbled upon a route and my mind is being completely fucked right now.

I don't even know what's going on, and Sigma replicated all of my thoughts in game lol.
Styluses are good. O:
CafsKl.jpg

The more I play the Vita version the harder it's getting for me to not go and buy a capacitative stylus.

I've been afraid to enter this thread because I only just started the game, but...

"donno?" - I don't like it, but I can let it slide

But "You got another think coming" ?! WHAT THE FUCK, AKSYS GUYS

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I stumbled upon a route and my mind is being completely fucked right now.

I don't even know what's going on, and Sigma replicated all of my thoughts in game lol.

The more I play the Vita version the harder it's getting for me to not go and buy a capacitative stylus.
It's completely worth it. The only issue is you might be done with the game by the time one arrives in the mail :p

AniHawk

I've been afraid to enter this thread because I only just started the game, but...

"donno?" - I don't like it, but I can let it slide

But "You got another think coming" ?! WHAT THE FUCK, AKSYS GUYS

donno happens instead of dunno the entire time. it kinda makes sense. the character's do pronounce the o instead of a schwa.

Jintor

Hah, wandered into a room and managed to figure out the Gold File p/w before the actual p/w. Better put on that thinking cap...

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Everyone seems so in love with Luna.

Is it because of the voice?

Its the voice isn't it.

Anyways, I will dedicate this weekend to playing this game only. Hopefully this time I can avoid annoying crashes/save corrupting problem.

3DS, check!
Battery charger, check!
Puzzle FAQ, check!

Thoraxes

donno happens instead of dunno the entire time. it kinda makes sense. the character's do pronounce the o instead of a schwa.

Stephen King used "donno" over "dunno".
It's completely worth it. The only issue is you might be done with the game by the time one arrives in the mail :p

The cheapest easiest best rated (at a whopping $1.20 with free shipping for a pack of three!) to buy on Amazon ships from Hong Kong :/

kiryogi

Banned
Everyone seems so in love with Luna.

Is it because of the voice?

Its the voice isn't it.

Anyways, I will dedicate this weekend to playing this game only. Hopefully this time I can avoid annoying crashes/save corrupting problem.

3DS, check!
Battery charger, check!
Puzzle FAQ, check!

that and game :eek: just wait :eek:

Thoraxes

Mamiko Noto eeeeeeeh.

Oh my god it all makes sense.

Now I know why I feel peaceful listening to her talk.

Edit: I just looked up the Japanese cast list. My brain was right!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I knew there was a reason I also loved Quark's voice.

Dantis

I'm nine hours in. Loving it, but so far I like 999 more. Also, the TBC lock things in the stories drive me mad.

Zero III is the highlight of the game though. Amazing writing and voice acting. I just hope the main characters get more likable, because currently I don't really like any of them except for Quark and K.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Damn it Anihawk I almost quote you but I remember quoting will reveal the content of spoiler tags.

Oooh no you don't.

I admit her voice is really.... lovable though. I am also annoyed by the fact that I always imagine Akihiko when I hear Dio, Aegis when I hear Phi, and Wendy Lee's voice is so distinctive too with Clover.

Thank goodness Yuri Lowenthal is not here otherwise I just can't handle it.

.....Don't tell me he will appear later in the game, please don't.

Oh, and whoever voiced Zero III was doing a really good job--I really want to punch that friggin rabbit every time it laughs.

Top Bottom