• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Jmac71

Yeah, sorry guys >.<

Unfortunately I can't directly comment on things. Amazon has asked us to direct all inquiries regarding the bonus to them directly.

Hopefully everyone who was supposed to get a watch will be able to get one in the future, but I apologize for the current inconvenience.

So, in the email we received, they say there may be another chance to get the version with the watch. Any clue as to how soon that may or may not be?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I ordered the Vita version back in August, and the 3DS version the day the second batch of preorders went up with the watch. I just a got a email saying i will not get the watch for the 3DS version. So are you guys saying that i will not get a watch for my Vita order in August either? Akselziys even told me i would get it from the order in August..........

Hmm, you might be able to get one if you ordered a copy during the 2nd batch of pre-orders, but unfortunately I can't say for sure.

As much as I'd love to answer, I'll have to say any inquiries will need to be forwarded to Amazon themselves :(

Sorry about that >.<

So, in the email we received, they say there may be another chance to get the version with the watch. Any clue as to how soon that may or may not be?

That's another question you'll have to ask Amazon, as I can't directly make comment on that.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Now for a bit of happier news...

5482C.png

Birdy said:
The Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward OVA has flown the coop! Check out the English version here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4xPoe4w1g

Press Release said:
With the impending release of Zero Escape: Virtue&#8217;s Last Reward, Aksys Games proudly announces that the official OVA short for Zero Escape: Virtue&#8217;s Last Reward is now available! Completely localized and dubbed in English for fan&#8217;s viewing pleasure, venture into the very beginnings of the game and learn how the main character, Sigma, meets with Phi, Quark and the others in this short OVA film viewable at www.virtueslastreward.com.

Aksys Games worked with VIS, a Monterey, CA-based lounge rock band, and used their song, &#8220;Koyatte,&#8221; as the theme song played at the beginning of the OVA. See Sigma rock out to VIS in his awesome sports car! For more information about VIS, visit www.vis-music.com.

Zero Escape: Virtue&#8217;s Last Reward for the PS®VITA system and Nintendo 3DS® will ship October 23, 2012.

Thanks for the heads up on the OVA, Birdy!

It's time for everyone to hear the voice of the swagmeister himself, Sigma :D!

The English version of the promo Anime is out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4xPoe4w1g

Aksel, why weren't you telling? :D

I was waiting for the official word to come out XD But since it's already out now ;)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Just got the email about both my 3DS and Vita preorders. No bonuses despite having preordered both day 1.

I've never been this fucked over by Amazon before. Really pissed and disappointed. Didn't the Aksys rep assure us in the other thread that we'd be taken care of?
Yes. Every pre-order placed before the bonus was announced gets a watch. Full stop.
I have a feeling he may have simply been mistaken, but I assume when he sees this thread he'll be off to at least confirm the situation with whoever at Aksys is dealing with Amazon.

This just isn't fair!
I preordered with many doubts during the second wave and I'm getting everything!
I'd be really pissed off in the shoes of those who preordered day 1.

tuffy

I preordered on day 1 without any expectation of anything extra and it looks like I'll be getting nothing extra when the game arrives, so I'm no worse off than before. But perhaps I won't preorder quite so early from now on.

Mzo

I got that email. I don't think I'll ever be preordering from Amazon again.
So you pre-ordered a game when it had no mention of a bonus and were never sent any information by Amazon that the bonus would be retroactively applied. Now they're informing you that, as your order status has stated from day one, you will not be receiving the bonus just in case you may have been misinformed.

Man, fuck Amazon. What a bunch of crooks.

Has this happened with other games in the past? I can't think of any that haven't had a bonus available from the start if they ever had one.

Zierath

So you pre-ordered a game when it had no mention of a bonus and were never sent any information by Amazon that the bonus would be retroactively applied. Now they're informing you that, as your order status has stated from day one, you will not be receiving the bonus just in case you may have been misinformed.

Has this happened with other games in the past? I can't think of any that haven't had a bonus available from the start if they ever had one.

No I preordered the version that was explicitly advertised as coming with the watch. And now they say I won't be getting it.

Oh this is fucking ridiculous. Pre-ordered the game in March, just got an email today from Amazon telling me I don't get the pre-order bonus. What the fuck Amazon/Aksys?

Guess this was a lie?
If you ordered a pre-order bundle prior to the &#8220;first wave&#8221;:

Those who have pre-ordered prior to &#8220;first wave&#8221; of pre-order bonuses will still receive the bundle. This means that if you placed your pre-order prior to September 17th, 2012, you will receive the watch. Do not cancel and re-order.
http://www.aksysgames.com/2012/09/24/zero-escape-virtues-last-reward-pre-bonus-offer-gets-a-new-life/

Mzo

No I preordered the version that was explicitly advertised as coming with the watch. And now they say I won't be getting it.
OK, that totally does suck.

Now I'm just confused.

Did you order twice at any point? Check the order numbers to make sure they match up between the email and the Amazon order status.

Well now I sit in dread that an e-mail from Amazon is going to come fucking me over.

If I don't get the pre-order bonus, I might just cancel and wait for this supposed second batch, if it comes at all.

Cbajd5

There's a mistake in the OVA, or at least I think so.

At 10:08 or so, shouldn't it be "If you choose ally and your opponent chooses betray then you&#65279; lose two points and they gain three points." because Sigma says they gain 2 but shows an increase of 3 and everywhere else says it's 3?

- J - D -

I detect two different tones in this post. Are you being sarcastic?

Regardless, Amazon makes it a priority apply pre-order bonuses retroactively. and the Arksys rep here said that those who did pre-order prior to the watch announcement would be covered. I don't know who messed up, but Amazon's redaction e-mail has the vague line "You may have been informed that you would receive the bonus edition but, unfortunately, this is not the case. ", which to me expresses rather poor handling of the pre-order process, and this isn't even mentioning that my copy of Virtue on Vita from Amazon has been apparently delayed for a week after release.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
There's a mistake in the OVA, or at least I think so.

At 10:08 or so, shouldn't it be "If you choose ally and your opponent chooses betray then you&#65279; lose two points and they gain three points." because Sigma says they gain 2 but shows an increase of 3 and everywhere else says it's 3?

Yes, Sigma had a brain fart there, you'll have to excuse his mental flatulence... ;)

Noi

How "spoilery" is the OVA? I'm in a total media blackout regarding the game (sans what the characters look like, since that can't be helped), but I'm curious to know if it sets stuff up between 999 and VLR to warrant watching it before playing the game, or if it's just stuff that's gonna be said in the game anyway.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
How "spoilery" is the OVA? I'm in a total media blackout regarding the game (sans what the characters look like, since that can't be helped), but I'm curious to know if it sets stuff up between 999 and VLR to warrant watching it before playing the game, or if it's just stuff that's gonna be said in the game anyway.

Well... depends. There's a tiny bit that might be considered to be by some. Otherwise it's fine.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
It's essentially the demo, but in animation form, so it's just stuff that you'll see at the beginning of the game anyways.

Zierath

OK, that totally does suck.

Now I'm just confused.

Did you order twice at any point? Check the order numbers to make sure they match up between the email and the Amazon order status.

Wait yeah the order number doesn't match, everything might be fine. Still it's weird they'd send me one about a cancelled order.

CrovaxPSO

Well, that's really unfortunate. I also pre-ordered well before a bonus was announced and was told that my order was updated to receive the bonus. I didn't place a second order when the bonus came back up again because of that. Sent Amazon an email but I don't expect anything to come of it.

Well, this is really disappointing. Made sure to sound off to Aksys about the situation before I did to Amazon; figured Aksys was more a direct source that could actually address the problem.

HOOORAYY!!!! OVA!!!

But I feel terrible about all those who per-ordered before the watch was announced. I thought something was up when Amazon listed the pre-order bonus as a separate edition rather than as a standard pre-order bonus. Things were bound to go wrong. :/

My condolences to those who lost their watches. Hopefully you all can survive without it, get surprised by a watch, or get one from Aksys later down the road :)

And Akselziys, PLEASE talk to the higher-ups in Aksys about making the watches available for purchase off of your website. There are obviously a lot of people who want them! (and even more scalpers willing to sell off their watches for insane profits) If Aksys sold the watches, there'd be a lot of money to be made. :)

Thoraxes

Now I don't feel bad for saving $10 by switching my 3DS order to Newegg. First it was amazon changing how release-date delivery works to force you to buy into prime, and now this.

PSN Digital + Physical 3DS here I come.

Thoraxes

Actually watching this now, I think you guys chose the dub cast really well.

Also, more and more Luna feels like how I thought Akane would be. My suspicions are raging right now through me.

Wait, what, so I look at my order and I'm not even getting the two-day shipping for it. So in the end, I stuck with Amazon.com instead of the Newegg $10 pre-order only to miss out on literally every benefit of not doing that. Awesome.

OVA!! So Hyped. Sigma's voice was fitting, pretty much exactly what I would have him sound in my head as I read his beeps. Only a week until I can actually play this, if only Amazon would ship it to me faster.

Okay, the OVA was simply AMAZING! I'm really loving the music and the English VAs.

And anyone else get mixed a little here and there between Sigma's voice and Dio's? They're both great and all, but very similar... >.>
Does Sigma have any voiced parts in the game? I know he's a xylophone for the most of the game, bout you all wouldn't hire someone JUST for the OVA.... right?

MY RAGE ..MY rage !!!!!!
how can someone calm my anger right now ....??i preordered this game since april 2012 and i get this ??

Hello,

We're contacting you about your recent order for "Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward," order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX.

You have pre-ordered a standard edition of this title and are scheduled to receive the standard edition shortly after release date. A bonus edition of this game is available in very limited quantities. You may have been informed that you would receive the bonus edition but, unfortunately, this is not the case. We're very sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused.

If you're interested in ordering the bonus edition, please check the product detail page regularly. Though the bonus edition still has very limited availability, we expect to receive more units soon. When we have more stock available, we'll post availability updates on the product detail page:

Nintendo 3DS: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009APQ9R4/?tag=neogaf0e-20
PSVITA: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009APQ9QU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Dammit that's freaking unfair ..i don't have the words right now..you BET i'm disapointed ..i even double checked twice to be sure about my order and i get this ??

EDIT : WAIT ..i'm not alone in this situation ?? what's going on ??? I'm on the verge of cancelling my amazon preorder if i can't get a watch ... ( an get the game by other means )

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
That sucks for some people. I literally ordered from Amazon like a couple weeks ago and I haven't received the e-mail yet.

Thoraxes

MY RAGE ..MY rage !!!!!!
how can someone calm my anger right now ....??i preordered this game since april 2012 and i get this ??

Dammit that's freaking unfair ..i don't have the words right now..you BET i'm disapointed ..i even double checked twice to be sure about my order and i get this ??

EDIT : WAIT ..i'm not alone in this situation ?? what's going on ??? I'm on the verge of cancelling my amazon preorder if i can't get a watch ... ( an get the game by other means )

The best way to show Amazon you're frustrated by this is by cancelling your order with them, indicating that the watch cancellation (even though you and others were guaranteed one when you pre-ordered) is the reason you're taking your business elsewhere. Best way to get a message across is with your wallet.

Maybe they'll give you a giftcard or something too if you go and complain through their customer service.

bender

What time is it?
The best way to show Amazon you're frustrated by this is by cancelling your order with them, indicating that the watch cancellation (even though you and others were guaranteed one when you pre-ordered) is the reason you're taking your business elsewhere. Best way to get a message across is with your wallet.

Maybe they'll give you a giftcard or something too if you go and complain through their customer service.

The real problem is Amazon is the only option to get the watch and their customer support is clueless to this whole situation. I've been on the phone with them for the last 30 minutes and he best answer I can get is that we ran out of bonuses and you should contact the publisher who seems to be telling us to contact Amazon Customer Service. I've PMed Akselziys as well since Amazon is saying to take it up with Aksys. What a confusing situation.

Mzo

Wait yeah the order number doesn't match, everything might be fine. Still it's weird they'd send me one about a cancelled order.
OK, cool, I had the same thing happen, which is why I suggested you check.

It does seem weird to follow up on a cancelled order. Guess we'll see.

OVA was pretty cool and actually got me even more excited for the game.

And yes, Troy Baker was awesome as Sigma. A shame he's unvoiced in the game itself.

what annoy me if that i went with amazon only because of the preorder and i took action VERY early in order to secure a place to get whatever bonus available at the time
Right now i'm travelling so i'll cancel things ( maybe ) in a few days

The real problem is Amazon is the only option to get the watch and their customer support is clueless to this whole situation. I've been on the phone with them for the last 30 minutes and he best answer I can get is that we ran out of bonuses and you should contact the publisher who seems to be telling us to contact Amazon Customer Service. I've PMed Akselziys as well since Amazon is saying to take it up with Aksys. What a confusing situation.
So true ..and annoying ..i'll let my anger calm down a little and think

Top Bottom