• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

I guess you messed up pretty bad, Aksys... :(
The sad fact is that the people who won't get the watch are the MOST loyal fans, since they preordered long before the wave of watches came.
But I can understand that you can't do anything about it.
But, then again, I'm sorta out of this matter, so it's really easy to talk.
I really hope the whole situation won't start a riot!

Edit: Whoops, misread.

Ouch at the watch debacle. I’d be really annoyed if I was first in line and got rejected while everyone after me got rewarded.

On the flip side, it makes me getting it from eBay for $140 dollars feel a little better. I suppose its more rare than I thought...

The English version of the promo Anime is out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4xPoe4w1g

Aksel, why weren't you telling? :D

That was seriously excellently dubbed! So impressed! Makes me even happier about importing and getting the English voices!

bender

What time is it?
Out of curiosity, by talk to Amazon, what end goal do you want people to talk to them with?

Like, "This is your mistake, give me my watch?"

To follow-up, I spoke to support earlier (clueless but friendly) and after being put on hold several times was told they ran out of pre-order bonuses. I asked to speak to a supervisor (team lead) who seemed more knowledgeable but said the same thing the first level of support said about running out of inventory. He offered me a $10 credit which I declined. I'm not sure who is at fault (Amazon for over-allocation or Aksys for not supplying what they promised).

Our emails do state this and it was echoed by a Team Lead:

If you're interested in ordering the bonus edition, please check the product detail page regularly. Though the bonus edition still has very limited availability, we expect to receive more units soon. When we have more stock available, we'll post availability updates on the product detail page:

<links removed>

So I guess we keep our fingers crossed. Good luck.

I guess you messed up pretty bad, Aksys... :(
The sad fact is that the people who won't get the watch are the MOST loyal fans, since they preordered long before the wave of watches came.
But I can understand that you can't do anything about it...

all praise to aksys for the games. but, after the canadian gamestop fate/extra bonus debacle last year, i've sorta just passed on any other ones :) ...

Esura

Banned
So, who is voicing who on this game?

Also, from what I read this game apparently isn't coming out til the 24th but my local Gamestop keep saying the 23rd.

AniHawk

So, who is voicing who on this game?

Also, from what I read this game apparently isn't coming out til the 24th but my local Gamestop keep saying the 23rd.

sigma - troy baker (valvatorez from disgaea 4)
phi - karen strassman (nanako from persona 4)
dio - liam o'brien (asura from asura's wrath)
quark - erin fitzgerald (chie from persona 4)
luna - laura bailey (everyone from everything ever)
clover - wendee lee (faye valentine from cowboy bebop)
zero iii - cindy robinson (the current amy rose)

Esura

Banned
It sounds like they're mistaking the ship date for the release date.

Why is Aksys is releasing this game on a Wednesday? That's incredibly odd. Don't most pubs release games on Tuesdays or Sundays (if they are Nintendo)?

Well, can't change my request for Tuesday off so I might as well do something else that day.

index.php

I think I will like Luna. Hopefully there isn't any weird twists with her like my unnamed favorite in 999.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

You could also say Troy Baker is in everything as of late.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, I preordered way back, and didn't get an email saying I'm not getting the watch. Now I'm confused!

GSR

You could also say Troy Baker is in everything as of late.

Yeah, he's who I'd mark as everyone from everything ever. Not quite Nolan North level, but he's getting there.

About the watch thing, I'm still super disappointed, but as I've got a good amount of Amazon credit being used on this order, I'm sticking with them. Hopefully the game can make its way from Aksys to Amazon quick enough that I'll get it on the 25th or early on the 26th in time for that bus ride.

Aeana

Maybe I don't want this game after all. (._. )

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
She is like the female JYB!

At this point, I think I enjoy JYB in a purely ironic capacity. Either that or he has genuinely captured my imagination and I'm not willing to admit it.

AniHawk

i can't believe there's such a thing as a clover defense force. she was the worst thing in 999.

i really liked wendee lee as faye valentine. maybe it was due to the direction or something.

looking forward to erin fitzgerald. i liked her a lot as chie.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
i can't believe there's such a thing as a clover defense force. she was the worst thing in 999.

i really liked wendee lee as faye valentine. maybe it was due to the direction or something.

looking forward to erin fitzgerald. i liked her a lot as chie.

My sister and I both loved Clover in 999. Likable or not, she really helped give the game a very distinct feel. ;P

Korigama

I suppose I pitied Clover in spite of certain misgivings, having generally liked her otherwise, though I can understand people resenting her anyway.

AniHawk

clover (999, not vlr spoilers):

murders everyone in one timeline

and is otherwise an unapproachable weirdo

that's pretty much her entire character throughout 999. she's either sulking due to her brother not being around, or she's murdering people with an axe. i'm glad ace killed her so many times

Clover>Snake>Seven>all the other 999 characters combined

I've always loved Clover. She's a great, and easily likable character. The scene in the coffin/true ending path where
she finds out that Snake is alive and hugs Junpei
is one of my favorite scenes in any game.

UberTag

that's pretty much her entire character throughout 999. she's either sulking due to her brother not being around, or she's murdering people with an axe. i'm glad ace killed her so many times
I always found it a stretch to perceive Clover
... with her clear lack of upper-body strength... having the ability to wield an axe with enough power to take out Santa, Akane/Kanny/June/Zero... and especially Seven.

It's even a bigger stretch when you know that Santa and Akane have orchestrated everything. It's a big 'ole red herring ending that doesn't add up although I'm glad it's the one I unlocked first.

hiryu64

I always found it a stretch to perceive Clover
... with her clear lack of upper-body strength... having the ability to wield an axe with enough power to take out Santa, Akane/Kanny/June/Zero... and especially Seven.

It's even a bigger stretch when you know that Santa and Akane have orchestrated everything. It's a big 'ole red herring ending that doesn't add up although I'm glad it's the one I unlocked first.

Well, a) I wouldn't say it's clear that she has a lack of upper-body strength. It's a safe assumption, but who knows? She could be pumpin iron in her spare time. :p b) Fire axes aren't that heavy. The heads are like 10 lbs max. And c) it's all about torque. Doesn't take a terrible amount of force to swing an axe into someone's skull and do damage. Might depend on the sharpness, but it's not that unbelievable that she could get them if they're not expecting it or, as demonstrated in the ending itself, in shock.

Well, a) I wouldn't say it's clear that she has a lack of upper-body strength. It's a safe assumption, but who knows? She could be pumpin iron in her spare time. :p b) Fire axes aren't that heavy. The heads are like 10 lbs max. And c) it's all about torque. Doesn't take a terrible amount of force to swing an axe into someone's skull and do damage. Might depend on the sharpness, but it's not that unbelievable that she could get them if they're not expecting it or, as demonstrated in the ending itself, in shock.

You're talking about physical strength in a game where a blind guy survives six revolver bullets and it's able to hold to an healthy and strong man (who's repeatedly kicking him) using his prosthetic arm!!!! :D

Toki767

I feel bad for those who aren't getting the watch. Makes me want to offer mine to someone who would probably appreciate it more than I would.

CronoShot

I'm starting to get nervous. My preorder with the watch on Amazon still doesn't have an estimated delivery date.

Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: NVM, maybe it's a good idea to read the thread first.

hiryu64

You're talking about physical strength in a game where a blind guy survives six revolver bullets and it's able to hold to an healthy and strong man (who's repeatedly kicking him) using his prosthetic arm!!!! :D

Yes. Yes I am. And you're helping my case! :p

Clott

Watching the anime now!!

Wait, sigma is voiced by the guy that did spike from Catherine? awesome!! now I have to play this in English.

Edit: ahahah and Dio is voiced by his other bar buddy, the one with the leather jacket whose name escapes me right now. This is awesome.

Esura

Banned

In the true section she kinds of spills her guts out to Junpei and opens up post-receiving the 4 luck clover thing. Her interactions with Seven is cute too. That cutting motherfuckers arms off thing made me not like her at first until I played the other endings. Good thing that was the first ending I got.

I don't mind two of these.

One of them, though... I've had my fill of him/her.

Better not be who I think it is....

Watching the anime now!!

Wait, sigma is voiced by the guy that did spike from Catherine? awesome!! now I have to play this in English.

LOL

Arla

Anyone who didn't enjoy 999 thinking about picking this up?

The twists 999 ended up taking were retarded as fuck and the fact that you had to play the through twice to get the true ending was absurd.

I am still curious about VL but I don't think I can bring myself to pay full price.

First response from Amazon is of absolutely no help, standard "we checked and this thing isn't there, here's $5" response.

Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience if the email you received caused.

I've checked with our promotion team and confirm that the order you've placed for the Game "Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward" which doesn't include the pre-order bonus item. You've placed the game without the pre-order bonus item. that is the reason, you've received the email that you'll not be eligible for the pre-order bonus item.

I'm sorry this game without the pre-order bonus item wasn't what you needed to order

If you prefer, you can cancel this order and place a new order for the game with the pre-order bonus item.

Here is the link for the game with the pre order bonus item.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009APQ9R4

Unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of this game with the bonus item right now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more.

I'm sorry; currently, it is not possible for providing priority to place an order for this game for specific customers.

I'd suggest checking our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page. If it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Alert me" link; "Alert me" allows you to sign up to be e-mailed when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

To compensate for the inconvenience, I've issued you a $5.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item sold by Amazon.com.

Will probably cancel after the next response ends up being the same thing.

Korigama

Anyone who didn't enjoy 999 thinking about picking this up?

The twists 999 ended up taking were retarded as fuck and the fact that you had to play the through twice to get the true ending was absurd.

I am still curious about VL but I don't think I can bring myself to pay full price.
Probably wouldn't make much sense to bother if you didn't like the first game. Furthermore, (MAJOR SPOILERS regarding 999's story, true ending, and the need for multiple plays)
999 was one of the only games to justify multiple endings as an actual plot point: none of them were truly "false" so much as varying possibilities of the Morphogenetic Field, with the true ending simply being the one that would actually allow the group to complete the game and get out alive, all while making it possible for Junpei to save Akane from getting incinerated in the past and thereby preserving her existence in the present. Without having explored those other outcomes, Akane wouldn't have been able to guide Junpei from where she was in the past by providing him with the right answers for everything. It was the very answer to Junpei's question of why he knew those things he couldn't have possibly have known otherwise on the path to the true ending.

Watching the anime now!!

Edit: ahahah and Dio is voiced by his other bar buddy, the one with the leather jacket whose name escapes me right now. This is awesome.

Just keep in mind that Sigma is not voiced in the game at all. Just a heads up so you know what you're getting into.

But Dio and everyone else are still voiced, which is more than enough reason to play the game in English. The dubbing cast is fantastic!

Luigi87

The third Zero Escape should have a Noel Vermillion cameo. Someone would call her stupid and she be like, "DONT CALL ME STUUUUPID!"

What kind of insensitive inhumane... entity would call Noel stupid?

... Erm, back on topic, only a few more days... And I'm not working on the 24th, so assuming all goes according to plan, that will be a good day of play time.

Top Bottom