• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

I think Aksys should make an official announcement to clarify this situation.
It's really pissing me off!
And I'm getting the watch! I'm pissed off for every other person who deserved it and didn't get it.

JupiterMuse

Neo Member
I pre-ordered in August, and received the email saying I wouldn't get the bonus. I'm bummed, but at least I'll get the game in a week or so.

I emailed them earlier today, and they sent me a form letter with links to the pages where you can order the games with the bonus (which wasn't helpful).

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So wait, who's getting screwed mostly? Only the people who preordered before the bonus was up? Or is it random people?

From the look of things, both, it seems. Nobody is safe from Amazon's wrath.
Whoa, hold up. So far it's only people who preordered before the watch listing was put up.

Zierath apparently preordered a copy before the watch went up, then canceled the first order and preordered one specifically with the watch. For some reason Amazon sent an e-mail saying "Sorry, we can't get you the watch on this order you've already canceled." Same thing happened to Mzo.

Anyone who did this should look carefully at the order number on the e-mail from Amazon to ensure it matches their old canceled order and not the newer outstanding order.

Friend of mine who pre-ordered before the watch went up, then never cancelled and pre-ordered again but was assured she would get it, just got the e-mail that she won't.

This is kind of a shit-show, especially after promises up and down that everybody who pre-ordered before a certain date will get it.

Mzo

Friend of mine who pre-ordered before the watch went up, then never cancelled and pre-ordered again but was assured she would get it, just got the e-mail that she won't.

This is kind of a shit-show, especially after promises up and down that everybody who pre-ordered before a certain date will get it.
Tell her to check the order number in the email with the order number of her current bonus included order to make sure.

I just don't see any way for this situation to end well. They fucked up bad and since it's a physical bonus there's no easy way to fix things. Even if amazon offered a $10 credit that'd still be shit cause we already passed that offer up from Newegg to keep our watches...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I think Aksys should make an official announcement to clarify this situation..
From Bel and Aksel's responses in this topic I'd say either Aksys doesn't know what's going on and the fault lies with Amazon overselling, or that they've been instructed that they're not allowed to provide specifics and to redirect inquiries towards Amazon. If it's the former then it's probably out of Aksys' hands and up to Amazon to figure out their stock allocations.

- J - D -

Being gypped on the watch is one (terrible) issue, but I didn't know before checking my order on Amazon today that the game's shipment had been pushed back to October 29th! Anybody else having this issue? Even the e-mail some of us have been getting about the watch include a statement that we'll be getting the game "shortly after release date."

I'm hoping it'll be fixed as we near the release date, but I'm worried.

I really have no reason to hold on to this pre-order, but will until Monday, just to see how things turn out.

Koroviev

Being gypped on the watch is one (terrible) issue, but I didn't know before checking my order on Amazon today that the game's shipment had been pushed back to October 29th! Anybody else having this issue? Even the e-mail some of us have been getting about the watch include a statement that we'll be getting the game "shortly after release date."

I really have no reason to hold on to this pre-order, but will until Monday, just to see how things turn out.

I think this issue was addressed earlier in the thread:

Yeah, because it has to physically get from one place to another. Games from other companies with release date delivery have already been shipped to retailers prior to their release date, so Amazon or whoever has them on had to ship out immediately. We don't do that: We ship out to retailers on our ship date—the "release" date of the 23rd—so Amazon doesn't have them on hand to ship out immediately. Because of the way game releases are looked at, the 23rd is considered to be our release date for purposes of things like the PSN release, announcements, etc, but nobody will actually be getting it on that date.

It is a little confusing, I understand. :)
The short version is:
-Physical copy, you won't be able to get it on the 23rd.
-Digital copy, you'll be able to get it on the 23rd.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Despite the complaints I've heard, I'm getting the Vita version. Need to get some use out of my Vita, and I like the larger, brighter screen (OLED, mmmm).

If I had a 3DS XL, it might be a different story.

I'm pretty sure that's normal. November 23rd is just the ship date for the game meaning that Aksys doesn't actually send out their stock to retailers until that date. So even if you paid for super special awesome express shipping, Amazon can't send you something they don't have. So let's look at it like this: The product reaches Amazon on the 24th, they process and ship your order that day (maybe), and due to your shipping (i'm assuming you choose just regular shipping) you don't get until the 29th which is about 4 days later.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Koroviev.

Jintor

God damnit Amazon dropped my preorder bonus! I placed an order for this like half a fucking year ago, what the fuck

- J - D -

I'm pretty sure that's normal. November 23rd is just the ship date for the game meaning that Aksys doesn't actually send out their stock to retailers until that date. So even if you paid for super special awesome express shipping, Amazon can't send you something they don't have. So let's look at it like this: The product reaches Amazon on the 24th, they process and ship your order that day (maybe), and due to your shipping (i'm assuming you choose just regular shipping) you don't get until the 29th which is about 4 days later.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Koroviev.

Normal for Aksys? This is actually the first time that I'm buying one of their games on launch day, so it's still quite new to me, their practices. Normal to me would be a situation like most other game releases, where "release day" actually means release day. October 24th is represented as the release date, not ship date, for just about every retailer I've seen that carries an order page for this game. Granted, I didn't expect release date delivery, and I know that Amazon doesn't offer that for many games, but my Prime shipping account should've gotten it to me by the 25th at the latest.

I'm in no rush to have the game, it's just weird, is all.

e_i

I don't even get a shipping date on my order. The product page says the 24th (the 24th, WTF? Wednesday?), but my order says "We'll email you with a date."

Normal for Aksys? This is actually the first time that I'm buying one of their games on launch day, so it's still quite new to me. Normal to me would be a situation like any other game release, where "release day" actually means release day, and October 24th is represented as the release date for just about every retailer I've seen that carries an order page for the game. Granted, I didn't expect release date delivery, and I know that Amazon doesn't offer that for many games, but my Prime shipping account should've gotten it to me by the 25th at the latest.

I'm in no rush to have the game, it's just weird, is all.

Yup. That is indeed normal for Aksys and even XSEED. As for why you're getting it on the 29th, did you happen to opt for free 2 day shipping through your Prime account? I have one day shipping on my order and my delivery estimate is for the 26th. So if you have 2 day shipping on your order, it makes sense that you'd get it on the 29th what with Saturday deliveries probably being more expensive and Amazon wanting to save money.

Kaldea

Yeah, this is what happened to me. I pre-ordered as soon as it was available. I assumed that the bonus would apply to existing pre-orders so I left my order alone.

d0c_zaius

Despite the complaints I've heard, I'm getting the Vita version. Need to get some use out of my Vita, and I like the larger, brighter screen (OLED, mmmm).

If I had a 3DS XL, it might be a different story.

curious as to what complaints? currently trying to decide which to get.

- J - D -

Yup. That is indeed normal for Aksys and even XSEED. As for why you're getting it on the 29th, did you happen to opt for free 2 day shipping through your Prime account? I have one day shipping on my order and my delivery estimate is for the 26th. So if you have 2 day shipping on your order, it makes sense that you'd get it on the 29th what with Saturday deliveries probably being more expensive and Amazon wanting to save money.

No, I ordered it with 1-day shipping for the extra $5 bucks or so back when I pre-ordered in July. That's why I assumed that I'd get it by the 25th at the latest, the day after the supposed release date.

I suppose none of this really matters, because I wanted that watch, and if I'm not getting that watch, I'm cancelling this order and getting it on PSN.

No, I ordered it with 1-day shipping for the extra $5 bucks or so back when I pre-ordered in July. That's why I assumed that I'd get it by the 25th at the latest, the day after the supposed release date.

I suppose none of this really matters, because I wanted that watch, and if I'm not getting that watch, I'm cancelling this order and getting it on PSN.

Oh. That does seem weird. If you do happen to get the watch, might want to contact Amazon about it.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, thanks for the warning regarding the ds stylus being too small. I'll have to take a look at styluses then.
A stylus works great on the vita. It pretty much fixes most control issues and gets you the best of both worlds.

The ds stylus doesn't work because it's just a piece of plastic; you need a capacitive stylus that conducts an electrostatic charge like your finger. You should be able to find some cheapo capacitive styli for like $2 online.

- J - D -

Oh. That does seem weird. If you do happen to get the watch, might want to contact Amazon about it.

Yep, I contacted Amazon earlier today about the shipping and the watch. I'll hold on to the pre-order until early next week, hopefully things work out.

But enough about that. Regardless of all these Amazon troubles, I'm still very much looking forward to the game itself.

Jintor

Urgh. Anybody know a list of ready alternatives where I can get a vita version? Thinking of cancelling my preorder for the stated reason.

In .au, so will need cheapo international shipping.

FSLink

Banned
Yep, also got the e-mail and I preordered before the bonus showed up. :/
Oh well....still really looking forward to the game, but I really hope there's a way to buy the watch in the future outside of expensive resellers on eBay/Amazon and stuff.

Oh, thanks for the warning regarding the ds stylus being too small. I'll have to take a look at styluses then.

I've been using this one. It's pretty nice. I like not having to worry about so many smudges on my Vita's screen.

I bought mine in-store, but like perorist said you can probably find a cheaper one online.

Torraz

It's not really necessary, but you can use a capacitive one - like the ones used on tablets.

I've been using this one. It's pretty nice. I like not having to worry about so many smudges on my Vita's screen.

I bought mine in-store, but like perorist said you can probably find a cheaper one online.

A stylus works great on the vita. It pretty much fixes most control issues and gets you the best of both worlds.

The ds stylus doesn't work because it's just a piece of plastic; you need a capacitive stylus that conducts an electrostatic charge like your finger. You should be able to find some cheapo capacitive styli for like $2 online.

Thanks. Never knew that something like "capacitative" styli existed.

Since I'm getting the EU version I'll have enough time to consider feedback from US vita users.

Urgh. Anybody know a list of ready alternatives where I can get a vita version? Thinking of cancelling my preorder for the stated reason.

In .au, so will need cheapo international shipping.

As always, play-asia.com
Free worldwide shipping!
You'll pay the game 44,90$ instead of 40$, though!

Thoraxes

The real problem is Amazon is the only option to get the watch and their customer support is clueless to this whole situation. I've been on the phone with them for the last 30 minutes and he best answer I can get is that we ran out of bonuses and you should contact the publisher who seems to be telling us to contact Amazon Customer Service. I've PMed Akselziys as well since Amazon is saying to take it up with Aksys. What a confusing situation.
Ah crazy. Hopefully everythiing gets situated for you!
what annoy me if that i went with amazon only because of the preorder and i took action VERY early in order to secure a place to get whatever bonus available at the time
Right now i'm travelling so i'll cancel things ( maybe ) in a few days

So true ..and annoying ..i'll let my anger calm down a little and think

So true. Just relax and i'm sure everything will work out somehow. Either way, you're still gonna get a great game!

AniHawk

i've been on a total media blackout for this game aside from the initial announcement. really looking forward to it. i bet clover sounds like gilbert gottfried, since she's the worst.

Sorry for all the people who are having issues with Amazon, they really handled it quite poorly it seems. Hopefully it'll work out.

Anyway, the OVA was awesome. I really like Sigma's voice, too bad we won't hear it in the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sorry for all the people who are having issues with Amazon, they really handled it quite poorly it seems. Hopefully it'll work out.

Anyway, the OVA was awesome. I really like Sigma's voice, too bad we won't hear it in the game.

Just use your imagination... ;D

I guess you messed up pretty bad, Aksys... :(
The sad fact is that the people who won't get the watch are the MOST loyal fans, since they preordered long before the wave of watches came.
But I can understand that you can't do anything about it.
But, then again, I'm sorta out of this matter, so it's really easy to talk.
I really hope the whole situation won't start a riot!

Top Bottom