• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Fuck off incel

ng0egkb.jpg
I’m sure if you get a wooden spoon, put a wig on it and paint it up, you can make it look semi-fuckable too.

man i hate that word incel. whoever came up with it thought they were smart, but its just a pretentious way of calling someone a virgin. virgin sounds much funnier. incel sounds obnoxiously pretentious

You can stop being a virgin. Can you ever stop being an incel? That is a hardcore lifestyle choice that drives everyone away.

ruvikx

Banned
The second he was accused his job and reputation was F’d. Blows my mind that people still don’t understand the ramifications of this incredibly toxic dynamic.

At some point people will need to stop calling it a "toxic dynamic" & label it what it is, i.e. a criminal dynamic.

No civilized society has ever allowed trial by pitchfork mob & a popular opinion manipulated by agitators. Zoe Quinn's reputation precludes any goodwill towards the veracity of her claim, likewise the method she employed to chase down the offender (i.e. "I'll post a biased character assassination of this man on Twitter & he'll be ruined!") is outright despicable.

"Allegations" & "accusations" aren't proof of wrongdoing. Anyone who assumes so (such as an employer) is merely kowtowing to a group of degenerates bullying their company. It's shitty & unacceptable for a first world country.

buizel

Banned
You can stop being a virgin. Can you ever stop being an incel? That is a hardcore lifestyle choice that drives everyone away.

Eh, i guess - i just thought incel stood for involuntarily celebate. Which doesnt really make sence, celebacy is a choice. Someone who isnt having sex just isnt having sex, most people do though whether its days weeks months etc. I only ever hear people use it as an insult to someone they dont like (it just 'sounds smarter and more intellectual'), and cause of that, may as well just call them a virgin lol

edit: yeh i dont know so much on it, just wikipedia'd the word and theres too much to read, something about shootings lol :/

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
man i hate that word incel. whoever came up with it thought they were smart, but its just a pretentious way of calling someone a virgin. virgin sounds much funnier. incel sounds obnoxiously pretentious
We should change it to buizel

I'm just kidding ♥️♥️♥️

RPGCrazied

Why do we always have to believe the woman? There are nefarious ones out there. They aren't all delicate little flowers. Sorry. Plus reading up on Zoe shows me she is a fraud and lies all the time. But yeah, lets ruin someone's career while she gets all the publicity and gets rich.

Meesh

Why Winnipeg?.... like.... seriously? I feel as though the more fingers she points the harder it might be getting any work... not sure how much I believe her. It just reads funny to me.
I will say this however, I felt Night in the Woods was fantastic and totally took me by surprise, that's the complete truth.

Gargus

Banned
It's people like this that have honestly turned me into a victim blamer.

I truly truly hope he ends up suing her for defamation of character or something, anything.

Ten_Fold

What I wanna know about the #metoo thing is that, why does it all seem to happen at one time? Like you get 5 stories either guilty or not the guy is probably done for.

Boss Key

Neo Member
And does she have actual evidence to support this claim? timing is incredibly suspicious..

but th int until proven guilty.
o7vUtON.png

IrGpADH.png

Amazing how now Scott Benson and his partner Bethany (who are both good friends with Zoe) are now the soul devs.....

And does she have actual evidence to support this claim? timing is incredibly suspicious..
But I guess it docent even matter if its true the damage is already done.

MagnesG

Banned
This could go big, with more false allegations being thrown from these vile beings, laws would soon change for the better. Dilute the word "rape" more and see what happens. Provided the accusations are actually false of course.

Heavy condolences to the victims though (the accused).

nush

What I wanna know about the #metoo thing is that, why does it all seem to happen at one time? Like you get 5 stories either guilty or not the guy is probably done for.

What #metoo is supposed to be: Courage and strength in numbers supporting women to bring justice to victims of sexual assult by men in privileged positions.

What #metoo actually is: A dogpile where you can accuse any man of sexual misconduct with no proof and no repercussions if the accuser is lying or misrepresenting the situation.

What you wont see is a nobody name getting accused even if they did the same/worse as has been accused and works for a known game company.

Kiryun

Neo Member
*apparently I ran out of time to edit. Whoopsie

Innocent until proven guilty btw. Screw this twitter outrage bullshit that manipulators like Quinn use to ruin peoples lives.

Zaffo

Not shedding any tears for that soy infused male feminist over there who got himself into this mess by fucking with such a timebomb, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan those people, how can you live without a millimeter of moral fiber, slinging rape accusation like christmas cards and destroying each other's lives like it was a game.

Gallard

I can see Alec pulling a ProJared and going quiet for a few months, collect whatever evidence he can, and then come out swinging in a massive counter attack.

petran79

Banned
Allegations means suing, lawyers and police are involved, not Twitter posts. Unless the wheels have began to turn officially

ROMhack

Did they think this through? Sacking him means he'll have now the entire day to plot his future deviant sexual abuse!

Last edited:

Shmunter

Fuck me, Ryan O’donell, the man behind the beloved 1up show that solidified my interest in games is Woke!

If I were a sociopath I’d by rubbing my mitts knowing that a one sided anecdote (not even a chance for a rebuttal) being enough to de-person someone...

brap

Banned
Fuck me, Ryan O’donell, the man behind the beloved 1up show that solidified my interest in games is Woke!

If I were a sociopath I’d by rubbing my mitts knowing that a one sided anecdote (not even a chance for a rebuttal) being enough to de-person someone...

Ryan O'Donnell: LOOK OVER THERE AT ALL THESE SEX PREDATORS AND PAY NO ATTENTION TO ME
He's definitely done some shit.

Top Bottom