• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

Kevtones

Well, some Wii U games are no longer under embargo, consdiering Game Rankings now has three reviews for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge.
It still sucks, apparently.

Improved, but fundamentally broken. It sounds like a decent $20 purchase but at $60... No thanks.

roddur

who knows maybe they'll have an easteregg of one of those aliens in the game lol

just a speculation, remember there is a flying object over the buckingham palace in those first tailers. what if when u find it in the king of zombie mode u can use the freaks instead of zombies.

So more dev diary videos are surely coming this week, no?
Also quality OT, super hyped for this. Still seems extremely impressive to me that they got it ready for console launch. They're surely going to see some lovely attach rates as a result

v1oz

I think that most of you are downplaying the effect that the level design, art direction and lighting are going to have on reviewers' opinions on the graphics quality of the game. Most reviewers, imo, are going to give it the thumbs up.

I'm quite confident, going by hands-on impressions and tweets from some reviewers, that this game is going to end up being the most critically acclaimed launch title. It's going to end up with a Metascore of 90+ and will be a strong contender for a few GOTY Awards.

And I think this is going to be one of those select third party titles that Nintendo are going to match marketing dollars with too. It should do over a million in sales before Christmas imo.

AND I'VE GOT TO WAIT UNTIL THE BLOOMIN 30TH TO PLAY THE BLOODY THING!!!

AAAAAAARGH!!!

*Starts crying*

are you serious?

roddur

I think that most of you are downplaying the effect that the level design, art direction and lighting are going to have on reviewers' opinions on the graphics quality of the game. Most reviewers, imo, are going to give it the thumbs up.

I'm quite confident, going by hands-on impressions and tweets from some reviewers, that this game is going to end up being the most critically acclaimed launch title. It's going to end up with a Metascore of 90+ and will be a strong contender for a few GOTY Awards.

And I think this is going to be one of those select third party titles that Nintendo are going to match marketing dollars with too. It should do over a million in sales before Christmas imo.

AND I'VE GOT TO WAIT UNTIL THE BLOOMIN 30TH TO PLAY THE BLOODY THING!!!

AAAAAAARGH!!!

*Starts crying*

Nintendo has to sell way over a million Wii U first :)

LOL if you think the initial shipment wont sell out globally. Units are being carefully alloted by region, and while it aint a TON and could certainly be seen as slight supply constraint territory (maybe maybe), it's well over 1 MM

ElRenoRaven

LOL if you think the initial shipment wont sell out globally. Units are being carefully alloted by region, and while it aint a TON and could certainly be seen as slight supply constraint territory (maybe maybe), it's well over 1 MM

Yea but there is no way you're going to get a 1:1 attach rate on the game. If lucky I can see maybe half of the WII U launch buyers buying it if lucky.

Oh, yea surely it'll be far from 1:1, and I wasn't contending the point of ZombiU selling 1 MM by Christmas, but more replying to your somewhat coy remark about the system moving 1 MM :).

That said I think you may be underestimating the appeal of Zombies in NA, and the potential critical praise that will be applied here. Lots of employees at retailers might throw the ZombiU rec out there as well, and point-of-purchase stuff can go a long way. Hell, Entertainment Weekly felt the need to publish a thing about the game ...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Oh, yea surely it'll be far from 1:1, and I wasn't contending the point of ZombiU selling 1 MM by Christmas, but more replying to your somewhat coy remark about the system moving 1 MM :).

That said I think you may be underestimating the appeal of Zombies in NA, and the potential critical praise that will be applied here. Lots of employees at retailers might throw the ZombiU rec out there as well, and point-of-purchase stuff can go a long way. Hell, Entertainment Weekly felt the need to publish a thing about the game ...

The lack of other options in a software line up filled with two Nintendo games and a lot of ports, maybe also help push ZombiU. It's one of the most high profile games for the system now, but actually being an original IP.

I'd love this to be good but memories of Red Steel will not allow me to fall for the same trick twice.

Really?

We're STILL getting these posts?

UGH. Available video and positive impressions mean absolutely nothing? The fact that it's a completely different development team? Simply because it's from the same PUBLISHER, and it's launching with the console you've resigned yourself?

okay

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Really?

We're STILL getting these posts?

UGH. Available video and positive impressions mean absolutely nothing? The fact that it's a completely different development team? Simply because it's from the same PUBLISHER, and it's launching with the console you've resigned yourself?

okay

It would be more fair to be like me and be wary of all Ubisoft titles. :p

Thankfully I'll be buying this digital (if available in NA day one) and I'll have the chance to read a review, or two before hand.

I just pre-ordered my copy on Amazon. I hate to wait the extra day or so much the free two-day shipping and no tax is nice in face of a $350 system and New Mario U. Awesome launch line-up.

There's no reason to think it won't be.

Haven't various third parties already started mentioning titles of theirs that will be available at eshop launch? Am I just off-base here?

It's interesting that it is for the Japan launch. I'm willing to wait a few weeks if that's what it takes. I want my 10% back in points.
See I also already got 10% off from Newegg, actually 20% :), so I'd be less disappointed about missing the 599 points

After minor digging, Ubi wants to have their retail titles on the eshop 'as soon as it's possible'.

So I wouldn't expect it out of the gate, but I think the difference between it's Japanese and NA digital release speaks to Ubi's relationships with retailers in Japan vs NA.

Amir0x

Banned

I actually think you're probably right. Red Steel sold near a million or something according to Ubi. If anything if ZombiU turns out to be of the higher quality original launch games, it'll catch on faster... 'cause Red Steel was kinda terrible.

New video showing off the King of Zombie mode from GamesRadar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgRMwlpFzNA

Didn't watch it all yet but great video and these guys are fun to listen to and the popups are cool.

I've heard of their site or whatever before but get overwhelmed with how many different impression places there are and sometimes miss out on less publicized ones.

One cool thing or at least it was to me is that in one multiplayer video, the creator of the game said one of the "arenas" is in a soccer stadium.

He mentioned that as it seemed to be a standout multiplayer area for him.

Top Bottom