• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

I laughed so hard in the multiplayer video when the dude set down a turret in front of his flag and then shot the zombie with explosives which in turn blew up the turret.

The announcer sounds funny too.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This game better be good or I am going to look really dumb with this thing on.

lypWY.jpg

Phazon

Ubisoft gave this today

hnERP.jpg

Now we need a Wii U to play on :')

(this is the EU version btw, so now you know how it looks)

This game looks pretty good, if I was getting a WiiU at launch it'd probably be one of the titles I'd pick up. Wish i had the money for it!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Why no online multiplayer? It would be so good...:(

Given that plenty of 3rd party games have full online support, I rather suspect that ZombiU was mainly focused on the single player w/ Souls-style cross-game network interaction.

The multiplayer modes, while they look fun, more of an afterthought this time.

That said, since they are obviously looking at the Souls series for some of their inspiration, I think a natural evolution for a sequel might involve something like:

* Choose to play online, and proceed to explore the game world normally.

* Either randomly, or by setting off a trigger mechanism ("summoning sign"), invite others playing to enter your game and become synched up. Going for the effect of stumbling across other survivors. Then once/if they die, they do not lose their character (being guests to your game), but they cannot rejoin your game until certain conditions are met, to make losing a fellow survivor significant.

In addition they could put the more conventional multiplayer modes online. Or, given Wii U games can be updated and patched normally, they could add online support via a patch if the game does well and warrants further development.

I am so baffled by Nintendo's avoidance of online gaming for their new system.

I'm not getting one I don't think. Zombi U get's a 10 / 10 I might, but this is just sickening and stupid.

It is 2012. An entire system was catapulted to success based on online gaming (360). Nintendo are idiots.

Pineconn

I'm not getting one I don't think. Zombi U get's a 10 / 10 I might, but this is just sickening and stupid.

It is 2012. An entire system was catapulted to success based on online gaming (360). Nintendo are idiots.

ZombiU is developed by Ubisoft.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member

smh

WOAH WOAH WOAH! What? Online multiplayer isn't on Nintendos Wii U, even though its been stated multiple times that there is online, and apparently very good at that. Even comparing to the competition, or exceeding it in some ways. Pre-order cancelled.

Yeah, fuck Nintendo for not including online in this game.

Hang on a mo...

There are several online games available at launch

SteeloDMZ

Banned

Fuck Microsoft and Sony because Dishonored doesn't have online multiplayer! Fuck them to hell!

ohlawd

how'd you guys fall for this? lol.

Should have stopped reading when the first sentence implied Nintendo developed ZombiU.

eHJv3I.gif

This sounds odd...but I honestly think theres A LOT of people who think Microsoft runs the entire online infrastructure of games on Live.

That MS/Steam/Sony create online modes...
I just...see this crap too often...

how'd you guys fall for this? lol.

Should have stopped reading when the first sentence implied Nintendo developed ZombiU.

They have previous with saying Nintendo are Idiots over online...am not sure if they are trolling...maybe am extra cynical :/

Teknoman

It doesnt have online MP, but it does have online features.

EDIT: Damn it.

Troll or not, I felt the same way about Demon's Souls, that it'd be so much better if co-op of some sort was implemented, but the intentional sequestering of players did add to the overall bleakness and despair that the game conveys. I'm sure they're trying to evoke the same feeling with ZU

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

I have to admit, avoiding online gaming is one of the few things Nintendo is doing that I really like. I'm really, truly not a fan of playing games online these days.

Lokbob

No ethernet port built in is pretty dumb though - I'm sure as hell won't play any fighting games online on that platform.

Really bumped for ZombieU though - looking pretty good.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
What's with the blondes in this thread?

hatchx

Banned

I know this is a joke troll post, so I agree with your sentiments that our industry is way too focused on online. It's refreshing to get a intense single player experience in the survival horror genre. I take it you are day 1'ing it?

Top Bottom