• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU |OT| Zombi Emergency! WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU

Great sign that their thinking about a sequel. Ubisoft will have some internal information and just off the back of the low budget and what we already know about pre-orders - it must be well above target.

I think this will affect Ubisoft's future console launch policies. Get a aaa game in there at launch that provides an exclusive experience otherwise not offered by the line up.

Also I would love if ZombiU 2 were released on the other next gen consoles as ZombiU 2 :D
Imagine the bile :p But no - I think the gamepad is pretty essential and has so far massively helped the marketing. So the franchise should stay Wii U centric.

Sequel would be great. This is a game I would not say no to optional co-op for!

Twinduct

Hope Cranberries are represented in some form in the game.
Is the british's hate for Irish (or anything south of London) still alive?

I figure if this does even marginally well (which since it's a launch title I expect it to) the sequel's in the bag. Set it in New York, LA or Chicago, add online multiplayer, boom done.

coughlanio

Hope Cranberries are represented in some form in the game.
Is the british's hate for Irish (or anything south of London) still alive?

Where've you got this from? I'm British and I've never met anyone who hates the Irish!

There was a distaste for the Irish in the 1980's due to IRA activity and a surge in Irish immigrants in London/Other Cities, but that's pretty non-existent now.

There is still a pretty large amount of Irish people who dislike the British though, for obvious, yet backwards reasons.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Jim beat the game last night:

Jim Sterling ‏@JimSterling

ZombiU beaten. In light of this success, I'm going to grant myself some sleep. Then it's Rabbids in the morning. So many Rabbids

Somebody make him talk!

Pyronite

Just played a few hours of ZombiU. Very nice... I wasn't sure how it would shake out.

I'm a fan of survival horror and it's definitely that.

Came into the office this morning to find:

21772_10151098392640672_929384258_n.jpg

majik13

Cross post from the Wii U Launch Thread, but figured people would want to know:

FYI: Newegg is shipping out my Zombi U on Friday and said I can expect it on Monday the 19th.

Here's the email I got from them:

oomgi.jpg

good to know. I am torn if I should just pick up the game from GS when I get the system, and just return the newegg copy to GS when it arrives. Though i am moving this weekend, so I dont have much at all time to play. I have monday off to unpack, but dont know when deliveries arrive at the new place. I want to play it sunday and monday night. But dont wanna deal with going back to GS.

would be awesome, if it arrives sat. Their closest shipping center is in LA, only about 6 hours away. but I doubt it.

92% from ONM

Higher score than NSMBU in the same issue, so it must be at least decent.

Highest rated Wii U Launch Title? Maybe...

About that...

The ONM Verdict
91%
While one of the Wii's purposes is to attract non-gamers, Red Steel was clearly designed with the hardcore gamer in mind. It's slick, addictive and as close to 'cool' as a game can get.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/2597/reviews/red-steel-review/?page=2

I'll wait for other outlets to weigh in before putting any weight on an ONM review

freddy

Banned
About that...

The ONM Verdict
91%
While one of the Wii's purposes is to attract non-gamers, Red Steel was clearly designed with the hardcore gamer in mind. It's slick, addictive and as close to 'cool' as a game can get.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/2597/reviews/red-steel-review/?page=2

I'll wait for other outlets to weigh in before putting any weight on an ONM review
That type of thinking is only valid if the same person writes both reviews.

Eusis

And also if that person has not changed in six years.
Yeah, you could easily get caught up in hype for Red Steel or REALLY like the controls for first person aiming. And to be honest, Red Steel isn't TERRIBLE, it's just that it's basically the FPS equivalent of a fun-but-trashy, throwaway action film from the 90s. A fun rental but nothing you will want to KEEP.

I guess those things could still hold, but given that touch screens aren't exactly as novel as motion controls were then you'd really have to step your game up to impress, and it seems ZombiU did just that.

Yeah, you could easily get caught up in hype for Red Steel or REALLY like the controls for first person aiming. And to be honest, Red Steel isn't TERRIBLE, it's just that it's basically the FPS equivalent of a fun-but-trashy, throwaway action film from the 90s. A fun rental but nothing you will want to KEEP.

It's a long while before you even get grenades, and that opens up your options quite a bit. The sword fights can just totally stonewall progress though.

That type of thinking is only valid if the same person writes both reviews.

And also if that person has not changed in six years.
I'm not against the game in any way and want it to be a critical as well as commercial success, just reminding people not to jump the gun and get hyped too early when we should await an aggregate score. Whether the same reviewer has scored both games or not is sort of irrelevant if we're unfamiliar with the publication's integrity. Scores can be artificially inflated after all. In any case, we'll know very soon, so here's to hoping

tonypark

I know this is a little bit off topic but...
This game looks very atmospheric and bring the horror back with the survival.
I just cant stop thinking about fatal frame using the Wii U Gamepad.
I think I heard that Nintendo is now a co-ownership of this franchise if I remember right.

Anyway, I cant wait to get my hands on this one. Hopefully it will scare me like Amnesia did! (Probly not but I can still hope.)

I think I heard that Nintendo is now a co-ownership of this franchise if I remember right.

Never thought of that, that would be really cool.

Me personally, I thought FF4 was an excellent game. I'd love to see what they could do on the wiiU.

Anyway, I cant wait to get my hands on this one. Hopefully it will scare me like Amnesia did! (Probly not but I can still hope.)

the 3ds one was a bit of a letdown

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
It pisses me off more than it should that the guy narrating that trailer isn't a Cockney.

if you want, I can do a redub :p

anyway, just preordered this. If there are issues I'm most curious about what those will be since game seems pretty much flawless from all the previews/tweets/details

Top Bottom