• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection |OT|

Whiny little boys as mech pilots is a standard of the mecha genre.

Thanks for kicking it off Amuro Ray!

He actually is pretty cool in ZOE2 and his mech is BAD ASS
amuroray_crying.jpg

Sushigod7

This little boy in ZoE 1 and his whining annoys me. I hope he isn't the pilot in the second one.

I was just about to say this, I've played a little now (currently downloading MGR demo) and it's not bad. I never played the originals so besides this kid which is somewhat less annoying than Shinji in Evangelion I dig it. Haven't got into anything with serious frame rate problems but not that far either.

jdl

Banned
I was just about to say this, I've played a little now (currently downloading MGR demo) and it's not bad. I never played the originals so besides this kid which is somewhat less annoying than Shinji in Evangelion I dig it. Haven't got into anything with serious frame rate problems but not that far either.

Oh, man. The circle is now complete. It's well known Hideo plagiarizes all of his characters from other sources. I never pieced together until now the very obvious EVA - ZOE connection.

cjkeats

Got the last collectors in my city apparently. Whew. This is sexy as all hell.
I've never played the series before but it was always on my radar to try.

So excited.

rookiejet

Fist of Mars is stealth best game in the series

Of the series, I've only played Fist of Mars since I didn't have a PS2, or any home console, at the time. I remember it being good, and loving the story. Very much on the edge of your seat kind of stuff, very engrossing. I plan to play it again sometime.

Eusis

Oh, man. The circle is now complete. It's well known Hideo plagiarizes all of his characters from other sources. I never pieced together until now the very obvious EVA - ZOE connection.
Given Amuro Ray was brought up higher in the page I think it's more a mecha archetype than anything else.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Given Amuro Ray brought up higher in the page I think it's more a mecha archetype than anything else.

ding ding ding

Shinji is a deconstruction of the archetype himself

vocab

He plagiarizes more than just his characters.

wwm0nkey

My first time playing Versus on the 2nd Runner.....this is amazing! Very stylish and fun, don't know how they managed to make a MP mode where only 1 player has the camera at a time fun but they did it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
TwdJf.jpg

pretty nice, probably won't get to play much of it until the weekend though. Super happy that the MGS Rising banner that showed at the bottom of the box in the pics of the LE was just part of a paper slip. Also I didn't a poster, should have knocked over their Halo 4 display on the way out...

What's the general consensus on the 360 not having pressure sensitive buttons? I know it's the better port frame rate wise, but are the missing pressure sensitive buttons a major missing gameplay element? I've got the 360 LE edition on the way but want to certain I won't regret it.

Esura

Banned
Holee shit at this Space Pod bomb defusing stuff in ZoE1. This is the lamest mission ever.

Whiny little boys as mech pilots is a standard of the mecha genre.

Thanks for kicking it off Amuro Ray!

He actually is pretty cool in ZOE2 and his mech is BAD ASS

Who is Amuro Ray?

I've got some good news for you! And some bad.

He returns as a secondary character.

Well, I hope he is as cool as Mec says.

No one can be bad as Shinji. That little punk almost ruins the entire Evangelion series for me.

MechaX

When thinking about it, I have to wonder even how likely it is that Konami will explore a patch option with ZOE2. At the very least, High Voltage's facebook page has some official complaints posted.

While I think the game is playable thus far, I still firmly believe that this game deserves much better than this (especially when considering the lofty promises made not necessarily promising a constant 60 fps/1080p experience, but a faithful recreation).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If they issue a patch to make it near 60 FPS on PS3, I'll be sad since I already switched to X360. lol. But it'd neat if they did. If.

Esura

Banned
Well, I finished ZoE1. Damn it's short. But dat Anubis. Being an Egyptian mytho-head I just love that OF's design. Nothing seem out of the ordinary with the it's technical performance. CG stuff is shitty looking but was expected. So far I like it.

Now on to ZoE2.

Same here brother.

The soundtrack remixes are pretty good and the art book is amazing. I'm happy with the purchase.

I like the artbook. I see some half naked anime chicks in it too. Nice cover and all that.

Every single KojiPro Premium Package or Limited Edition has included a paperback artbook with MGS HD LE being the exception. Not a big deal.

The Anubis (JP) artbook isn't hardcover either. Few artbooks ever are. I guess hardcover looks nice but softcover generally means more pages.

SkyOdin said:
It takes place chronologically after the end of the anime series. It is pretty disconnected from the other parts of the ZOE story, though.

They all connect, really, but basically just to fill in the numerous gaps.

IDOLO: If you want to know why there are Orbital Frames and Metatron (1 OVA)
Dolores: If you want to know the ultimate outcome of IDOLO (26 eps)
Fist of Mars: If you want to know what happens to BAHRAM before ZOE2 (26 "eps" in a game)
Web Link: If you want to know what happens to Leo and Jehuty between ZOE1/2

It was a neat multimedia approach at the time, but now most of this stuff could really be used better as bonus disc content (or in FoM's case, maybe as a Chain of Memories style redo)

Superblatt said:
Would be cool but I can't imagine it's likely. Any thoughts on the missing pressure sensitive buttons?

Not that I own the 360 version but I don't remember button sensitivity being very important. 99% of the game is dash-strikes and "fire everything you've got!" attacks.

Esura said:
Well, I hope he is as cool as Mec says.

Yep The game does a great job of a) improving Leo as a character and b) being an epic piece of fanservice to Gradius lovers. Even the gradius shoutout music is awesome

Oh well, still bought the PS3 Limited Edition since I'm not planning on ever buying an Xbox. I'll start it after Assassin's Creed III.

v0yce

My PS3 LE came in the mail. (love the art book. I was a little concerned with its thinness and paperbackness, but it's really nice actually)

Is anyone else's slipcase SUPER tight though? I can barely get the thing off.

My PS3 LE came in the mail. (love the art book. I was a little concerned with its thinness and paperbackness, but it's really nice actually)

Is anyone else's slipcase SUPER tight though? I can barely get the thing off.

The MGS HD one was better due to it actually being hardcover. I do like the remix audio cd though.

PS3 version shipped today. Still excited as a complete novice. I once held a cope of ZoE 1 in my hands as it came with a used PS2 I bought, but I knew this was coming so I just resold and waited.

Anyways, not sure what the delay is about, but it should be here tomorrow. I'm close enough to an Amazon hub that 2 day shipping usually means 1 anyways, so not sure if that is the case or they upgraded me because of the delay.

Absolutely love the packaging, with the exception of Revengeance all over the standard case and disc. Not a huge framerate junkie, so while I notice issues in the videos posted, I think I can deal, and I have no comparative frame of reference. Still wouldn't be opposed to a fix via patch.

Ken

Of the series, I've only played Fist of Mars since I didn't have a PS2, or any home console, at the time. I remember it being good, and loving the story. Very much on the edge of your seat kind of stuff, very engrossing. I plan to play it again sometime.

Durandal was pretty cool. Testament too.

I like the artbook. I see some half naked anime chicks in it too.

This is the part where I regret not buying the LE.

Ryne

Don't know if I should keep the PS3 CE or return it for the 360 version.

Probably will end up keeping the PS3 CE and buying the 360 regular version because I'm an idiot with my money.

Tobe

Don't know if I should keep the PS3 CE or return it for the 360 version.

Probably will end up keeping the PS3 CE and buying the 360 regular version because I'm an idiot with my money.

wish i could buy a 360 LE. living outside of the US sucks.

I'm thinking I shouldn't have canceled my limited edition preorder. It was foolish to think stores would get more than the number of preorders. I bought the standard edition and paid about $26 after selling the abysmal Silent Hill collection. That's fine because I've got some expensive student loans to pay this month. However, every time I see the mech art in the menus or game, it makes me want that artbook even more.

NateDrake

I don't know if I should buy the LE for collection sake or not. Love the series and will buy a regular to play, but the LE is so sexy looking.

overcast

So what is the consensus on the plot in the game? Heard my brother playing, kid sounded annoying.

Also what is the length of each game?

So what is the consensus on the plot in the game? Heard my brother playing, kid sounded annoying.

Also what is the length of each game?
Yeah, that's because kid in the first game is annoying. He's your typical anime archetype of a kid from a space colony who, somehow due to circumstances finds himself piloting a giant robot and is forced to fight to defend his friends and family first, and then the world later. And of course he whines all the way, because he HATES KILLING. Basically an overly exaggerated version of the Reluctant Hero.

But ZOE2 on the other hand is fuckawesome.

edit: And now I realize this was all covered in the previous page, so lol.

Top Bottom