• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection |OT|

Pretty sure I ordered the 360 version, but received the Ps3 version via Amazon. I checked the emails I received after pre-ordering and even checked the order updates and its generic. Just says "Zone of the Enders HD Collection Limited Edition". They're out of stock on 360, so I'm guessing I'm screwed? I don't even have a PS3 anymore. >=/

Esura

Banned
use your subweapons a lot. they're actually super useful this time and a lot of enemies have traits that makes certain weapons more effective against them. if ada suggests a weapon for the current fight, you can click the left stick to agree and she will select it for you automatically.

its actually a fun addition that not many people know about. any time anyone talks to you, you can click L3 to respond positively or R3 to respond negatively. in ada's case if you are overly positive or negative it will alter her attitude towards you somewhat, or she can stop giving you suggestions entirely.

Ah, thanks for the tips.

Hard as hell to melee bots now though. They guard like a mug and other robots have no qualms about ganging up on you unlike the first one.

Is there Dual Audio?

Nope. None that I see.

Nohman sounds badass in English though.

ZOE2 is essentially the premise of the first game realized to awesomeness. I gladly bought PS2 game at release for full price. Team Kojima did some kind of unholy deal to manage ZOE2 on the PS2, they just threw everything at you on screen in an eyegasm of visual delights and speed.

I could never find the PS2 version at any local place about time I heard of it.

Carbonox

This is region free right? Additionally, the Metal Gear Rising demo is on the disc and not a dumb PSN code?

If so, I'm considering importing the LE just cos I'm a fool. Can import via Videogamesplus.ca on Amazon UK for 50 quid. I've heard good things about Videogamesplus.ca so I'm seriously considering it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, the new opening is pretty bad. The CG orbital frames I don't really have a problem with, it's the character animations when they are introduced. They look pretty ugly and are really lacking detail.. almost looks like some interns at an animation studio worked on it. It's crappy especially compared to the animation quality in ZOE 2..
Back in 2001, though, they actually looked pretty decent.

Esura

Banned
ZoE2 ain't fun anymore. Nephtis ain't making it fun. First of all, I'm tired of all these boss fights against her. Second, I'm tired of getting ganged up on by those grabbing robots and getting football tackled by Nephtis when they are holding me. Its hard to manuever and, this is literally the worse boss fight I've ever experienced.

^ Yeah, that was a shitty boss fight. It gets better after that.

"YOU ARE COMING BACK UNDER MY COMMAND!"

tumblr_ma2qsdMUvx1rudexoo1_400.gif

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
ZoE2 ain't fun anymore. Nephtis ain't making it fun. First of all, I'm tired of all these boss fights against her. Second, I'm tired of getting ganged up on by those grabbing robots and getting football tackled by Nephtis when they are holding me. Its hard to manuever and, this is literally the worse boss fight I've ever experienced.

Haha yeah. When I said I liked the bosses in the first game better, I was specifically thinking of the Nephtis fights.

All require you to repeat the same passive pattern(wait for her to charge and kill herself) ad nauseam until she dies. and it happens 3 times.

It does get better afterwards, but I wish that stuff wasn't in the game at all. Bring back the worst character from the first game as an AI pointlessly for no other reason than those tedious boss battles. Genius.

You got some good stuff coming up. I'd be lying if I said it was all good after that but the game definitely hasn't hit its high points yet.

Esura

Banned
Haha yeah. When I said I liked the bosses in the first game better, I was specifically thinking of the Nephtis fights.

All require you to repeat the same passive pattern(wait for her to charge and kill herself) ad nauseam until she dies. and it happens 3 times.

It does get better afterwards, but I wish that stuff wasn't in the game at all. Bring back the worst character from the first game as an AI pointlessly for no other reason than those tedious boss battles. Genius.

You got some good stuff coming up. I'd be lying if I said it was all good after that but the game definitely hasn't hit its high points yet.

What makes it worse is, when I finally do get my hands on a Raptor (they attack recklessly so its hard to grab them as is) and Nephtis runs into me, she recovers fast as hell. Too fast. I only get like one slash in before she starts slashing at me. I did good by pummeling her ass with Gauntlet but once I'm out of juice I'm stuck grabbing robots again which is the hardest part. If I grab at them after breaking the armor too fast the Raptors slash at me, not letting me get in or Nephtis kills it or Nephtis keeps hitting me while trying to get a robot.

I hope it gets better from here.

legbone

thinking about picking this up, just a few quick questions. i cancelled my ps3 collector's edition when i heard the 360 version is the way to go. the 360 is the way to go isn't it? and how does the 360 handle the lack of pressure sensitive buttons? i remember zoe (1 i never played 2) using them so how does the 360 deal with this?

Esura

Banned
You should switch to Easy. I couldn't handle the game on normal after dying 30+ times on a boss. Supposedly our easy is Japan's normal, so it shouldn't make you feel to ashamed to switch.

Why do Japan do that? They did that for DMC3 too and that's annoying. Do they take us for some bunch of masochistic gamers?

Ugh, It is going to be a nightmare tracking down an LE of this game it seems. I don't suppose anyone on gaf has an extra Ps3 copy I could buy?

Without spoiling anything (I just want a simple yes or no), does Dolores or any characters from the anime appear in the games?

Esura

Banned
Ugh, It is going to be a nightmare tracking down an LE of this game it seems. I don't suppose anyone on gaf has an extra Ps3 copy I could buy?

I feel you. I missed out on the MGS HD Collection LE and its probably expensive as hell right now. I didn't think there was a LE when I preordered and got it until a friend showed off his.

Grecco

I was able to find a copy of the LE and now i dont know if i want to open it

it looks so nice :/ should of just bought the regular edition and play it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's weird. I don't remember ZOE2 being especially difficult. It was so many years ago, though. I guess we'll see.

I feel you. I missed out on the MGS HD Collection LE and its probably expensive as hell right now. I didn't think there was a LE when I preordered and got it until a friend showed off his.

Yeah, I missed out on that as well. Didn't even know there was one. Unfortunately I found out too late here also. I might be able to find it at a local gamestop, but I may be driving a bit it seems.

Eusis

Why do Japan do that? They did that for DMC3 too and that's annoying. Do they take us for some bunch of masochistic gamers?
I think the fact we can rent games here is a factor, and while that seemed to be more of an old habit than anything else by then it does mean they usually jump up our difficulty so we're more inclined to buy if it we want to beat it.

I still beat ZoE2 on Easy in a rental though and never bought it.

Esura

Banned
Yeah, I missed out on that as well. Didn't even know there was one. Unfortunately I found out too late here also. I might be able to find it at a local gamestop, but I may be driving a bit it seems.

You might luck out in that sell thread here.

I think the fact we can rent games here is a factor, and while that seemed to be more of an old habit than anything else by then it does mean they usually jump up our difficulty so we're more inclined to buy if it we want to beat it.

I still beat ZoE2 on Easy in a rental though and never bought it.

Ah.

I want to put it on Easy now but it seems I would have to start all the way over if I want to. That's...kind of lame. How far is this Nepthis fight in the game?

You might luck out in that sell thread here.

Ah.

I want to put it on Easy now but it seems I would have to start all the way over if I want to. That's...kind of lame. How far is this Nepthis fight in the game?

Yeah, I am keeping an eye on it. I would like to get it at regular price, but I know my chances are low of that happening. If anyone sees this post and has one to offload (Ps3), please Pm me.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Finally finished steamrolling my way through ZOE1. That game is real tedious at certain points but the last 45 mins or so are pretty intense.

Now I can start the main course.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Only parts of ZoE1 I don't like are the backtracking parts wihere you're given no real direction. If the game was a little better about keeping you moving like the 2nd game is I think it'd be better received.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The entire middle portion of the game is basically backtracking and wandering around looking for passcodes. Really annoyed me the first time I played it.

Enders 2 is not a difficult experience. I don't understand this at all.

I am still trying to find solid info on if European Extreme is included because I want it to be...I dunno, challenging. Maybe I played too much of it years and years ago, though.

Although if it's running 25% slower than it used to I have no idea how much more difficult that's going to make things. :\

-------

Can someone confirm that the secret achievements are only story related, or that there are some that are interesting or something? Because MGS had interesting ones, and it'd be a shame if they were a let down here.

Cheddahz

Banned
How do you get the Mummy in ZoE1?

Edit: Nevermind, found out it was a random pickup and I finally got it in the mountains!

MormaPope

Banned
You should switch to Easy. I couldn't handle the game on normal after dying 30+ times on a boss. Supposedly our easy is Japan's normal, so it shouldn't make you feel to ashamed to switch.

Damn, I'm playing ZoE 2 for the 2nd time ever on hard and the first time I beat it was in 2003. The game is fucking intense on hard, frame vs frame boss fights are always epic, tghe game itself on hard though will make you get really pissed really fast.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Haha just found out that damage from the boss fight with Tempest in the area counts towards the ranking for the 2nd Rescue mission.

So it's impossible for me to get A on this run.

Fuck

Oh well I'll try again when I'm finished with this one. Probably won't bother with A's on the rest of them now.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just reached the mountains and this game has really picked back up, that's for sure. I really am liking ZoE1, but the middle part of the game makes me not want to go back and replay it anytime soon

Top Bottom