• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Git

Carol is captured by Gregory and only Jesus can save her

This one even has relevant double meaning amazing.

I really enjoyed this episode. Eugene levelling up and his RPG metaphor and a death mid-speech. Bit foreshadowed by how much screentime they were giving her, the old, characterisation before death thing. Still enjoyable, and found out that it was indeed Daryl's bike. Wonder how many more Saviours there are.

Sendero

I think Carol's story arc just needed better scene editing.
For example, her leaving was played til the end of this chapter, with no "obvious" follow up (other than seeing her siting in the porch, cigar + rosary at hand) to tie it with the previous chapter or with her previous decisions.

It does make a sense, if you imagine what's her state of mind at that point - just to later hear that the Saviors are already knocking at Alexandria's door (thus, reinforcing the notion that they are in a never-ending cycle). But for a bombastic show that specializes on graphic display of emotions, her sudden disappearance might feel like a non-sequitur.

Some extra close ups and stuff, would probably have made the moment more "effective".

Fair enough.

I just thought there was absolutely no reason for Denise to go outside of the compound other than because the writers needed her to die. It was a pretty lame set up for an underwhelming death. Then you have Carol's weak motivations for deciding to leave.

It was probably the weakest episode in the season, for me.
Well Denise is a good doc but nothing short of a dumbass. She even threatened to go alone if they didn't take her with them. Just all kinds of stupid.

Chopper

Holy shit! Rick Grimes is now the lead singer of Reef!

1wAc3HB.jpg
xH1Rjs6.jpg
PjV3GqS.jpg

"Oh place your haaaaaaands... On my braaaaaiiiiiiins"

MBison

Random: but wanted to mention since he was featured in this episode, Josh McDermitt, I met at Walker Con, absolutely the nicest dude you'll ever meet. Took so much time to talk and engage individually with everyone that came up for an auto. Seriously best dude ever.

So apparently details of the season finale have been leaked. Time to cut off social media for the next two weeks, fam.

Yes some asshole spoiled it for me already.

I saw the spoiler thread had been busy so I assumed it got leaked. I will be mighty upset if I see. I'm so sorry for anyone who got spoiled and didn't want to.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I saw the spoiler thread had been busy so I assumed it got leaked. I will be mighty upset if I see. I'm so sorry for anyone who got spoiled and didn't want to.
Rest assured the only thing that leaked is barely spoilery. Unless you're like us SPOILER thread people and have dissected it already.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode airs tonight!

East

Alexandria is alerted after realizing someone is missing. Several search parties will venture out, but what they find isn't what they're hoping for.

Tonight's episode was written by Scott M. Gimple (who last wrote 6.4 'Here's Not Here', the Morgan flashback episode) & Channing Powell (who last co-wrote 6.11 'Knot's Untie', the one where the Hilltop is introduced) and was directed by Michael E. Satrazemis (who last directed 6.11 'Knot's Untie').

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Yvette Nicole Brown (Community)
Denise Huth (Co-Exec-Producer)
and a surprise cast member!

What's that tweet supposed to mean? And the episode is titled "East," by the way.

On a side note, I always thought it would be interesting for someone to have survived a bite without amputation. Not immune, mind you, but someone surviving the super fever that a bite would cause. It could probably provide some interesting side stories

jond76

Banned
What's that tweet supposed to mean? And the episode is titled "East," by the way.

On a side note, I always thought it would be interesting for someone to have survived a bite without amputation. Not immune, mind you, but someone surviving the super fever that a bite would cause. It could probably provide some interesting side stories

Easter is when Christ returned from the dead..... Good Friday is when He died.

So someone's dying.. :/

Easter is the "celebration" of Jesus's resurrection, Good Friday is about solemnly remembering his crucifixion & death.

So basically just saying this episode will be a downer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom