• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

Didn't they say a few weeks ago on The Talking Dead that they had built Carol's character up so much that they felt it would be wrong to kill her off? I wonder if they're trying to reset her.

Consider yourself lucky.

In other news, I made some gifs.

jjbeyuV.gif
Trying to floss Sam off those molars.

Would've thought they'd just kill him.

Btw, what did arrow-through-head girl look at after saw the Walker lying on the floor in that room? Couldn't make it out on mobile screen.

There was a bloody sink with a baby's shoe poking through, and the words "HUSH HUSH HUSH" scrawled on the wall above.

at this point carols development is pretty much finished and there is not much to tell anymore. She's going even backwards to her old weak self.

i expect her to die in the next two episodes

the saviours will probably catch her and lure Ricks group out

Amikami

Banned
"Rick goes crazy and kills a walker."

This is every other episode to be honest.

"Abraham is maimed by Negan and Michonne spends the episode worrying about him"

"Morgan and Tobin go on a run at a farmhouse where they discover a mysterious stranger is trying to eat drugs"

"Tobin is maimed by the Wolves and Rick spends the episode lying in bed with him"

I'm really loving this.

Daryl, Rosita and Denise go on a run at a pharmacy...it's like they came up with this plot using a random plot generator.

BTW, check out this Walking Dead Plot Generator I made:

http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=MXMpACbW
"Tara and Aaron go on a run at an airport where they discover a bear is trying to eat sorghum"

"Abraham is haunted by Dr. Jenner and is reluctant, becoming an asset to the group"

"Aaron is reluctant when Maggie refuses to make friends with a bear"

"Rick is captured by a bear and only Eugene can save him"

"Spencer betrays the group and Daryl is forced to run over him with a lawnmower"

"Glenn goes crazy and kills Negan"

:3

Oh and your plot generator made the inevitable ending:

"Morgan goes crazy and kills everyone"

Haha oh shit it gave me a legit plotline

"Michonne is haunted by Lori and is indifferent, becoming an asset to the group"

I'd love to see Lori's ghost show up to haunt Rick's new squeeze and Michonne just doesn't give a fuck

eloestmn

I just spent another 15 minutes with the generator and I cant stop laughing.

Abraham is delighted when Rick decides to make friends with a walker

Gareth is delighted when Daryl refuses to have sex with Dwight
Jesus is disappointed when Rick decides to have sex with Negan
Sasha is confused when Carl refuses to have sex with Gregory

Daryl is horrified when Jesus decides to give supplies to a walker

Eugene is furious when Judith refuses to kill Gregory

Judith and Aaron go on a run at a factory where they discover Negan is hoarding Twinkies

Tobin betrays the group and Glenn has no choice but to push him into a spike pit
Glenn betrays the group and Aaron has no choice but to push him into a spike pit

Maggie and Tobin go on a run at a gas station where they discover bears are burning canned food

Abraham is bitten by a bear and Tara spends the episode staring at him
Tara is killed by a bear and the group spends the episode mourning
Abraham goes crazy and kills a bear

Daryl is killed by Dwight and the group spends the episode digging graves

The group runs into Zombie Nicholas and Maggie has no choice but to push him down the stairs

Jesus is ecstatic when Tara refuses to torture a walker

Morgan and Tobin go on a run at a strip club

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
This is so hilarious:

"Gabriel is reluctant when Daryl refuses to blow up a bus station"
Could see this

"Carl is haunted by Sophia and is confused, becoming a liability to the group"
If they had not done the time skip...than maybe this would have happened.

"Sasha is killed by a walker and the group spends the episode mourning"
No that was her brother...

"Daryl gets a new bike which is stolen by a mysterious stranger:"
Yes, that is true.

"Carl betrays the group and Tobin has no choice but to stab him with a javelin"
Yes...that is what quite a number of people would enjoy seeing.

I was going to say that somehow any episode where a group member doesn't die is "filler" according to some around here but even that doesn't work.

It seems "filler" has truly become "something I didn't like"

T.O.P

Banned
Tobin gets a new cat which is stolen by a mysterious stranger

Glenn is captured by Gregory and only Jesus can save him

Aaron goes crazy and kills Negan

That i'd love to see

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched the last episode yesterday as I'm doing subtitles for TWD for my language and man I laughed about some of those predictions. One thing's for sure, you're in for a wild ride :)

If someone wants to be spoiled - just write me a PM :p

Thing is Neegan doesn't know about Rick's group. They RPG's the first group, stealth killed a base with only vague radio back, and then torched the reaction force. So there hasn't been a retaliation from Neegan yet, now though there were saviors who are able to report back.

Paula and the smaller group radioed ahead. So it stands to reason that the entire lot of them know about Rick's group.

Dwight also implied that they know where Alexandria is too, and judging from the response there (getting out the guns and vehicles) Rick and company seem to expect a retaliatory strike.

So at this point the cat is out of the bag, with Rick and others being on the defensive and in the dark as to how many people and resources the saviors have.

verbatimo

"Carl and Spencer go on a run at a department store where they discover walkers are hoarding tampons"

"Carol and Jesus go on a run at a strip club where they discover Gregory is trying to eat gasoline"

"Abraham betrays the group and Judith reluctantly must shoot him with a bazooka"

well the last one is a little bit extreme measure. :p

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Fair enough.

I just thought there was absolutely no reason for Denise to go outside of the compound other than because the writers needed her to die. It was a pretty lame set up for an underwhelming death. Then you have Carol's weak motivations for deciding to leave.

It was probably the weakest episode in the season, for me.

Yeah, it wasn't a strong one, but it was still way better than the average. The show has been on a winning streak since the break. I'm smitten.

"Carl and Spencer go on a run at a department store where they discover walkers are hoarding tampons"

"Carol and Jesus go on a run at a strip club where they discover Gregory is trying to eat gasoline"

"Abraham betrays the group and Judith reluctantly must shoot him with a bazooka"

well the last one is a little bit extreme measure. :p
I feel like this could be changed around and turned into an episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia..

I want to apologize for my post 2 weeks ago guys! I was over zealous on how i felt that episode and was too dumb not to read the OP. =( please forgive me?

I can't wait for the next two episodes!

Carol tho? Rollercoaster ride and i enjoy this uncertainty!

"Spencer is killed by a mysterious stranger and the group spends the episode not giving a shit"
"Rosita is shot by a walker and Rick spends the episode staring at her"

lol

Carol's character evolution is completely unbelievable.

Why?

Let's review.

1. Wife in an abusive relationship, with child.
2. Husband is beaten and then killed in raid on camp, freeing her from his abuse.
3. Dotes on child, who disappears.
4. Weeks pass while child's whereabouts and condition are unknown. Enough to drive anyone insane with worry but in an apocalypse?
5. Child is a walker and is killed. Enter grief stage.
6. At this point, she can two ways, in my opinion. Give up, let herself get bitten or eat a bullet, etc. Or, assume those she is with are her family and protect them, never let happen to them what happened to her child. She obviously goes with with latter choice.
7. Enter prison mode, where she takes this protection of her adopted family to a new level by killing two sick people. Can she rationalize it? Yes. Especially given what choice she made.
8. Is banished by Rick, but stays around the prison, watching... She's going to protect her adopted family whether it's inside the walls or out.
9. Terminus happens. She needs to go all ninja to protect her family.
10. The whole Lizzie thing happens. Again, has to commit murder to protect others in her family.
11. Alexandria. Wants to protect her family but clearly begins to see how her family can grow to include this people. Not at first, but certainly over time.
12. She basically scares Sam to the point where he winds up getting his family killed. Carol feels remorse.
13. Morgan--who suffered the same grief-stricken "kill everyone" mentality after his child was killed--has "reset" himself to retain his humanity. Carol sees that there is a path back to this.
14. The redhead was what Carol could become if she let herself go. Just kill everyone who isn't them.
15. Now we fall into a routine... Day after day, sitting on that porch, smoking, holding the rosary, thinking over everything she's done. Can she rationalize it? Yes. But is she now 100% certain that everything she's done was RIGHT? No. And as the cigs dwindle and she rubs that rosary, she's clearly wondering whether she is safe to be around... for Judith, for Glenn/Maggie's baby... Will her presence turn them into another Lizzie? Another Sam?
16. Decides she literally doesn't know who she is any longer. Doesn't trust herself to protect her family because it has turned her into a murderer (yes, this is how she's thinking of herself) and can't just end it all (because she's a survivor). She needs to step out of this dilemma and find a different path.

Don't forget she was also teaching the kids in the prison how to use weapons. Lizzie and Mika shoot two people in the head because of Carol's teaching

Right - I actually think her arc is quite believable. There's a point at which her grief over Sophia will soften, and now that she isn't outside of walls and constantly in survival mode, she has time to think about things... and she's not liking what she's thinking... or at least she's consumed by guilt about what she did.

Rick went through this as well, with the whole "put the guns away and let's plant a garden and raise pigs" period. His questions are based off a code of morality that he is no longer adhering to.

We also gotta remember when Carol had to say " look at the flowers ". During those episodes she only greived for a little, from what i remember.

Now, it's all settling in. I want to think about those past moments too and not just the most recent child she was trying to 'teach to be strong'. She taugh a lot of kids in the prison stuff and well..... poor carol :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom