• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaze Kyou

COMIC BOOK TALK
I've never liked Denise so not too bothered about that death. This is the way Abraham dies in the comics so are they gonna be keeping him alive now? I can't see them using the arrow through the head death twice. I hope Abraham doesn't stay much longer. Everyone else is OK.

I still can't make my mind up on who will get a kiss from Lucille. I'm leaning towards Daryl unfortunately. I'd rather they stay true to the comics and make it Glenn.

... Thank God I've read the comics but dude, that's not how you spoiler stuff. :/

Mild comic spoiler/speculation:
Abraham will probably take another comic Alexandrian's death (who's already gone on the show) towards the end of the following arc.

It's gonna turn out she's allergic to it and thats why she mentions it in her sleep.

This would be the greatest death on the show ever.

It would never be topped.

COMIC BOOK TALK
I've never liked Denise so not too bothered about that death. This is the way Abraham dies in the comics so are they gonna be keeping him alive now? I can't see them using the arrow through the head death twice. I hope Abraham doesn't stay much longer. Everyone else is OK.

I still can't make my mind up on who will get a kiss from Lucille. I'm leaning towards Daryl unfortunately. I'd rather they stay true to the comics and make it Glenn.

Billy NO

That is not how you do spoilers

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Never had these problems in the GoT thread, why can't it be the same for TWD? :(

Consider yourself lucky.

In other news, I made some gifs.

jjbeyuV.gif
XGxXwLM.gif

8ikf9QB.gif
SYKkguH.gif

hR5eshr.gif

Javier

The Negan people look absolutely worthless at the moment. But I'm sure the show will give us a devastating setback in the next episodes.

I hope Eugene survives to the very last episode of the series. He's the best.
I stand by my prediction that the people Rick and co. killed is not even 10% of Negan's men. Rick's actions are really going to get back at them badly in the season finale.

Eugene will make to the end of the series. Mark my words. Even if Rick dies in the series finale Eugene will still be there.

Alpende

I thought it was an okay episode. Glad Denise died when she wanted to give a whole speech. Tired of speeches like that so I welcomed that arrow.

Eugene and Abe talking is great. Sometimes I have no idea what they're actually saying but it sounds so funny that I don't even care if the conversation makes sense.

SamuraiX-

NHmLHjv.png

• Standard rules apply: after the 9PM ET/6PM PT airing of a new episode, the details of that episode may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags. Please remember to spoiler tag any preview and/or promo discussion for episodes that have not aired.
  • Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. [Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers]
    [Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
    . All discussion pertaining exclusively to the graphic novel belongs in The Walking Dead Comics Thread.
Below are examples of acceptable and unacceptable use of spoiler tags:

Acceptable

(Comic Spoilers)
I wonder if this episode will follow the events from the comics where [insert spoiler].

Unacceptable

I wonder if this episode will follow the events from the comics where
[insert spoiler].

Please notice how the acceptable example has all of the post text tagged along with an appropriate (Comic Spoilers) label in front of the tags.

I stand by my prediction that the people Rick and co. killed is not even 10% of Negan's men. Rick's actions are really going to get back at them badly in the season finale.

Eugene will make to the end of the series. Mark my words. Even if Rick dies in the series finale Eugene will still be there.

Thing is Neegan doesn't know about Rick's group. They RPG's the first group, stealth killed a base with only vague radio back, and then torched the reaction force. So there hasn't been a retaliation from Neegan yet, now though there were saviors who are able to report back.

Effect

Was thinking about something today. Is Daryl just that bad of a shot with a gun? The ones that ran were running away in a straight line. He had time to aim and line up his shots too. How did he not gun them all down?

Was thinking about something today. Is Daryl just that bad of a shot with a gun? The ones that ran were running away in a straight line. He had time to aim and line up his shots too. How did he not gun them all down?

The show chooses when to have characters actually aiming well.

...Unless it's Sasha or Carl. There's a few others but those two in particular are mostly consistent with their gun-skill.

*nod* Agreed. She rarely gets called out on her BS, and is just pained as "awesome!" or such by many, and that's pretty annoying honestly.
Yep. Not a fan. When/if she croaks, it'll be a good riddance to me. Although looking at your past posts it seemed more so that you liked her.
I thought the show was trying to pull the old "remind the audience who the background character is by giving them screen time they never usually get, and then kill them at the end" trick. Im sure Ive seen it happen before on this show.
I see. Well we've seen enough of those with other characters to know by now imo, that this isn't a foreboding indication to their deaths. We've had an Abe-centric episode, a few Carol-centric episodes, etc. And they've been kicking it long after. In certain episodes where characters behave a certain way however could be an indication for something.

Like when Bob was all happy cheery with Sasha, and by the end of that episode half his leg is being eaten before him.

RDreamer

I really don't understand the physics of what happened here. How the hell does someone bite hard enough through jeans to do that? How do you even grip anything that would pain him?

It's funny because there was something being passed around social media a few weeks ago about how you can't bite through jeans, so if you're in a zombie apocalypse just wear a fucking Texas tuxedo.

GavinGT

Banned
I really don't understand the physics of what happened here. How the hell does someone bite hard enough through jeans to do that? How do you even grip anything that would pain him?

It's funny because there was something being passed around social media a few weeks ago about how you can't bite through jeans, so if you're in a zombie apocalypse just wear a fucking Texas tuxedo.

And why did the other guy make no effort to stop what was happening? You have hands! Use them! Clobber him over the head with your pistol, or better yet, shoot him.

And why did the other guy make no effort to stop what was happening? You have hands! Use them!

This was my main problem with that scene. It made no sense. The guy even had a gun in his hand.

Part of me couldn't shake the feeling that he was actually enjoying it and that's why he did nothing. lol

RDreamer

And why did the other guy make no effort to stop what was happening? You have hands! Use them! Clobber him over the head with your pistol, or better yet, shoot him.

Yeah, it's kind of funny that of all the things I've had to suspend disbelief on this scene was probably the hardest. I just don't understand what was supposed to be happening or how. Both me and the fiance were confused and both asking how he was even hurting him and why the guy didn't just shoot him.

I could see if he like head butted him in the dick and the guy dropped his gun and fell over right away, but as shot it's just ridiculous.

Sendero

The chapter was entertaining. Seeing more about Rosita and how she is coping, is always a good thing. When they shown that someone was in the bed, wondered for a second if Abe was back, or if it was Eugene instead. That Deana's son is really thirsty. BTW, not only she saved Abe, but by stopping Daryl to pursue the enemy, she also saved Eugene. So, MVP right there.

*The fact that they devoted so much air time on Dennise (close ups included), gave away the surprise of her death. Which has been a recurrent problem in the show, and something that they were trying to subvert this season. But as idiotic as it was, I liked the moment when she entered the dark room with the baby cradle. Specially now that zombies feel less of a threat.

*Loved how Eugene rejected Abraham. It was an sloppy & awkward way for him to "avenge" Rosita for what Abe did to her. Reading the comments, seems only few people interpreted it that way, though.

*Need to check the chapter again, but:
It's hard to imagine how they managed to survive this. They were being aimed from multiple sides.

I did not expect Carol to leave so soon. But unless Negan has a hound person like Daryl, she should be fine. It should be easy for her to avoid them. Wonder if she has a plan, or just auto-exhiled.

-griffy-

Banned
It's hard to imagine how they managed to survive this. They were being aimed from multiple sides.
It was incredibly telling that when shit started going down they literally just stuck to close ups so you couldn't see that it was all kind of bullshit. Daryl and Rosita just kind of push some guys and grab guns and start shooting and then take cover, but you never see a wide shot of this so you don't see that there are probably just a couple guys standing around letting that happen and not paying attention to anything.

Maybe a human can't bite hard enough to tear a chunk out of the denim but surely we can bite hard enough to pinch and break the skin under the demin and still introduce the infection. Demin isn't waterproof and would obviously absorb the infected zombie saliva then transmit it to the open wound beneath.

It was incredibly telling that when shit started going down they literally just stuck to close ups so you couldn't see that it was all kind of bullshit. Daryl and Rosita just kind of push some guys and grab guns and start shooting and then take cover, but you never see a wide shot of this so you don't see that there are probably just a couple guys standing around letting that happen and not paying attention to anything.

It is bullshit but I can suspend my disbelief enough to accept it by making the excuse that the Saviour's were being attacked from three fronts at the same time. Abraham was on the left, zombies coming from the right, Darryl & Ros head on.

Gaz_RB

Didn't they all turn around because they were startled by Abraham? And then Daryl slit that dudes throat and Rosita jumped them from behind, then got to cover before everyone turned back to them.

-griffy-

Banned
Didn't they all turn around because they were startled by Abraham? And then Daryl slit that dudes throat and Rosita jumped them from behind, then got to cover before everyone turned back to them.

Yeah, they all turned around and were distracted by Abraham, and just completely forgot about Daryl and Rosita, and let them close the ground and take out a couple guys and grab guns and start shooting back with no one paying attention, while Eugene is biting a guy's crotch. They didn't cut to a wide shot because the blocking of that sequence of events would look incredibly dumb if you saw that all play out. It's pretty much "Well, we don't really know how to choreograph this, so we'll just stick to close ups."

Sendero

Yeah, that's how it felt to me, as well.

Same when the Saviors were escaping: felt like Rosita and Abe had enough time to throw some extra bursts. And since all of them were busy carrying Eugene, they were totally open for a counter attack.

I mean, it's not the first time, but the show runners should have tried a different approach.

Gaz_RB

Yeah, they all turned around and were distracted by Abraham, and just completely forgot about Daryl and Rosita, and let them close the ground and take out a couple guys and grab guns and start shooting back with no one paying attention, while Eugene is biting a guy's crotch.

I mean yeah, that's what happened. If you're getting shot at, instinct says you turn and shoot at what's shooting at you, maybe running for cover yourself, not the two people you disarmed. These guys seem like dopes anyway.

ItIsOkBro

With tight enough jeans you could definitely bite dick.

Angry Fork

This ep was really bad imo which is disappointing considering the 2nd half of the season has been awesome up to this point.

Half of the ep was focused on a character that dies in the same ep, the other half the crew gets out of an impossible situation through deus ex machina and camera angles/editing. There were like 9 people vs. 2 of them + Abraham. I don't want these characters to die but if you're gonna let them live don't have it be in situations where they should obviously die.

Then Carol leaves for no reason to create fake forced drama. Carol should be above all of this dumb introspective shit by now that other characters experience. I don't get it, she should be a hardened vet who knows her role and is willing to do it, on the same level as Rick, devoid of emotional baggage.

Silver lining of the ep was Abraham's funny slang when talking to Eugene, and Rosita being hot.

The chapter was entertaining. Seeing more about Rosita and how she is coping, is always a good thing. When they shown that someone was in the bed, wondered for a second if Abe was back, or if it was Eugene instead. That Deana's son is really thirsty. BTW, not only she saved Abe, but by stopping Daryl to pursue the enemy, she also saved Eugene. So, MVP right there.

*The fact that they devoted so much air time on Dennise (close ups included), gave away the surprise of her death. Which has been a recurrent problem in the show, and something that they were trying to subvert this season. But as idiotic as it was, I liked the moment when she entered the dark room with the baby cradle. Specially now that zombies feel less of a threat.

*Loved how Eugene rejected Abraham. It was an sloppy & awkward way for him to "avenge" Rosita for what Abe did to her. Reading the comments, seems only few people interpreted it that way, though.

*Need to check the chapter again, but:

I did not expect Carol to leave so soon. But unless Negan has a hound person like Daryl, she should be fine. It should be easy for her to avoid them. Wonder if she has a plan, or just auto-exhiled.

Yeah I was wondering how they could have gotten out of that as well, but actually looking at the picture now like 2/3 of the Saviors don't have a clean shot on Daryl and Rosita since Eugene and meltyface are in the way. So if the Saviors in the background of that picture (the ones that actually have a clean shot on the good guys) were the ones distracted by Abraham maybe the good guys avoid getting immediately shot.

Edit: this is of course assuming you are willing to give the show a lot lot lot of leeway

someday

Banned
This was my main problem with that scene. It made no sense. The guy even had a gun in his hand.

Part of me couldn't shake the feeling that he was actually enjoying it and that's why he did nothing. lol
This is the problem with trying to recreate comic book scenes on-screen. It's easier to suspend belief when you're not watching it live.

GavinGT

Banned
This is the problem with trying to recreate comic book scenes on-screen. It's easier to suspend belief when you're not watching it live.

That's when you tweak things to make them more presentable on screen. For instance, the guy could've dropped his gun when the dick-biting commenced (perhaps shooting a friend in the process), and then he struggles with his hands to get Eugene off. But of course he can't be too forceful because his dick hangs in the balance, so his efforts are fruitless.

xaosslug

i'm thinking Carol will infiltrate Negan's operation, somehow. I mean if it's as big as some seem to think it is... that seems like the only way, imo. And we've been shown how good Carol is at putting on airs.

so when the group gets captured we will have the big reveal of Carol their savior a Savior? XD

GavinGT

Banned
i'm thinking Carol will infiltrate Negan's operation, somehow. I mean if it's as big as some seem to think it is... that seems like the only way, imo. And we've been shown how good Carol is at putting on airs.

so when the group gets captured we will have the big reveal of Carol their savior a Savior? XD

I think she's going to die next episode and this will finally force Morgan to snap out of his pacifism. He'll realize that you have to kill to survive in this world.

This is what the little 3-second preview sort of insinuates will happen, anyways. Morgan's bloody staff and Carol's rosary on the ground.

bidguy

Banned
I think she's going to die next episode and this will finally force Morgan to snap out of his pacifism. He'll realize that you have to kill to survive in this world.

This is what the little 3-second preview sort of insinuates will happen, anyways. Morgan's bloody staff and Carol's rosary on the ground.

that would destroy the purpose of his prison no ?

xaosslug

This is what the little 3-second preview sort of insinuates will happen, anyways.

nah, seems to obvious. I don't buy it.

isn't she already gone, btw? Hence the note?

Sadist

Thinking about Carol leaving... what if...

COMIC SPOILER
Carol takes on the role of Carl in the comics? Thinking about how Carol changed during the series, she somewhat walked a similar path as Comic Carl and grew into the cold, almost sociopath-like behavior.

- During the course of the comics, Carl learns to defend himself and slowly turns into one of the most capable survivors in Rick's group. As time goes by, he shows little remorse for killing people or even the people who die surrounding him. Carol is the same. Especially the last few episodes this becomes very obvious.

- After escaping the prison, we see Carl becoming more cold and taking quick decisions. He shoots Ben after killing his twin Billy (Sorry Ben, I've always liked you) and argues later that it "Had to be done, because no one else wanted to". In the series this got slightly remixed with Carol taking care of the girls, but had to kill Lizzy because she was unstable after killing her sister. She didn't want to though, but she felt it was the good thing to do.

- You know what Carol and Comic Carl have in common? They don't care much for Morgan. In the series we don't know if Carol survives and will end up understanding Morgan, but in the comics it takes a while for Carl to accepct Morgan. Maybe the same will happen with Carol?

- After arriving in Alexandria, Carl has problems with adjusting to the safe-zone. He's not very sociable, feels like the people there are playing pretend and isn't that friendly with Ron, both him and Ron being Sam's age in the comic. You know who else wasn't adjusting that well to Alexandria and was a dick to a kid? Carol.

Now what if... Carol left that note for everyone to read, but in reality she got some weapons from the armory and is out looking for Negan's stronghold? She finds it, takes out several of Negan's men by surprise and gets captured. But in the show, Negan will keep her around as a source of information and of course wants to break her mentally. Another take on a Comic Carl event.

Given that his dead wife killed his son I'm pretty sure he knows all about the need to kill in order to survive. In fact that is likely the sole reason why he had a psychotic break and became obsessed with clearing.

The insinuation that Morgan doesn't know what it takes to survive is a little nuts given his background.

zewone

Why did they change Carol's character so dramatically in the last two episodes?

I was under the impression that the timid routine was just to have the other guys drop their guard last week.

They ruined her.

Why did they change Carol's character so dramatically in the last two episodes?

I was under the impression that the timid routine was just to have the other guys drop their guard last week.

They ruined her.

She got infected with the Morgan virus

On the other hand, they basically have built their own deus ex machina device by putting her out in the wilderness without killing her off. She will reappear when they need to bail the group out of a Terminus-like situation again

I thought Dwight was on the run from Neegans lot? Or was he running from someone else when we saw him last?

Daryl helped him, why would he wanna hurt him?

He was running from Negan and the Saviors, and they caught him. That's why he has a burn on his face..

Would've thought they'd just kill him.

Btw, what did arrow-through-head girl look at after saw the Walker lying on the floor in that room? Couldn't make it out on mobile screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom