• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymageck

I've spent the last 2 months catching up on this show. From season 1 episode 1 to season 6 episode 8. Watching all of them for the first time.

This was my first time watching an episode on its debut. And what an episode to do it on. Damn.

image.php
lol why was it so bad man?

Loved the episode yet it did nothing to (spoilers )
help seperate any idea of who's getting Luciled. I see Glenn just begging for it and Morgan and Daryl equally

BFIB

Carrie going in on Glenn's constant lucky escapes. The look on Niciteros face, and Hardwick quickly moved on, lol.

Loved the episode yet it did nothing to (spoilers )
help seperate any idea of who's getting Luciled. I see Glenn just begging for it and Morgan and Daryl equally
I think it's being (comics)
heavily forshadowed that glenn is going to get it. Keeps escaping death but lucille will be direct and brutal and there won't be any doubts.

dustyherb

heavily forshadowed that glenn is going to get it. Keeps escaping death but lucille will be direct and brutal and there won't be any doubts.
major comic spoilers
yep I'm changing my vote to Glen for getting it. I thought Morgan but Glen is escaping death way to much. It's bound to happen.

Comic spoilers
yep I'm changing my vote to Glen for getting it. I thought Morgan but Glen is escaping death way to much. It's bound to happen.
well they need to do away with morgan. carol needs to tell rick what he did and he has to face some fucking consequences for it.

Hmmmm
how good would it be if instead of negan saying he's taking it like a champ he says will this guy ever die ? So good

Nah. I feel like Morgan is still going to struggle for a little bit longer . But he might eventually come around. He has to at this point.
we'll see. i honestly have no idea at this point.

with everyone saying enid's gonna be adopted by the couple, how much character development can you get out of that storyline
if glenn is killed by the end of this season?
And then he can say that Carol killed the guy as he was helping Denise back to the infirmary.
I don't think that's gonna phase him since he was the leader of the people who attacked alexandria and almost got him killed in the trailer.

btw, did morgan see carol kill him?

NYR

Great episode, but fuck, typical Walking Dead killing off
new unnecessary characters and leaving the main cast as-is.

breadtruck

Great episode, but fuck, typical Walking Dead killing off
new unnecessary characters and leaving the main cast as-is.

This scene was based off the comic. So its typical in the sense that its following the story as already written

I'm curious as to why when discussing *comic spoilers*
Glenn getting Lucille'd
that
Daryl
gets glossed over. I think he's a perfect candidate, especially after this episode and it's a good way to subvert the expectations of comic fans. I get that the moment is iconic at this point, but the show isn't beholden to stick to it.

Skab

Big Comic Spoilers
I also feel that they're building up Glenn to be the one to get the bat.

I also don't think it's going to be Morgan, because it's kind of clear to me that they're building up to his "all life is precious" motto getting through to Rick in the end, considering he spares Negan instead of killing him at the conclusion of it all.

I've read the comics, I really don't understand what storyline you are referring to.

Same thing happened to the same characters in the comics?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They can't possibly maintain this kind of momentum. I'm hoping for like two more good episodes and the rest filler.

Yeah, people are gonna bitch about the rest of the season now that they've got the momentum out of the way and are going to pace other plots/"filler" before bringing those up at the end of the season/next-seasons start.

People should just be used to it by now, the show is like a rubber band and you pulling it to where it pulls back constantly.

I wish Negans crew looked like the Mad Max/FotNS type punks that they were portrayed as in the comics. They look no different than any other gang we've seen so far.

Good episode, and a memorable return.

That explosion scene at the beginning was unexpected and fucking awesome. I forgot about that weapon. Good thing he risked his life for it.

There were some really great moments. The episode wasn't perfect, but was quite good overall.
They took out one entire family in just 30 seconds, too
...holy shit.

I'll miss the eye candy, though :(. I assumed she'd cut Maggie's hair.

Also, Glen was incredibly lucky...again. Somehow none of those bullets hit him.

GavinGT

Banned
I couldn't tell...were some zombies walking into the fire? Have the zombies ever demonstrated any survival instinct (aside from eating)?

Yeah, people are gonna bitch about the rest of the season now that they've got the momentum out of the way and are going to pace other plots/"filler" before bringing those up at the end of the season/next-seasons start.

People should just be used to it by now, the show is like a rubber band and you pulling it to where it pulls back constantly.
a slow episode doesn't necessarily equate to a filler episode. although they definitely can be and in many cases are, but I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom