• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

You mean to tell me Glenn didn't kill a single one of the Governers people in the shootout? Give me a break, why are they making him a weak ass now?

Amikami

Banned
Holy shit.

I didn't participate in the thread this week but I just had to come in here and say that that was one of the most fucking intense episodes I have had the pleasure of seeing live, maybe the most intense episode yet. Was really surprised how good the team pulled off the infiltration and this episode made me realize, yeah they can be pretty Damn competent when they need to be. Even though they got caught in the end, it's was one of those things that was just out of their foresight.

Tense episode and I was sitting on pins and needles since the infiltration. Really expected this episode to be a built-up episode but it took me way by surprise. This mid-season has been godly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
what an episode. i feel this place is just a small outpost for Negan, the group will soon discovers the they have multiple places like this and a main campus that is even bigger. just my guess

That's what I'm thinking. The dude rolling right up to a communication station made me think "really? That's the fearsome group's base? There's gotta be another location elsewhere..."

You mean to tell me Glenn didn't kill a single one of the Governers people in the shootout? Give me a break, why are they making him a weak ass now?

It was really only Daryl in that episode. He turned into superman and saved the day, taking out tanks, and tons of Governors guys

Boke1879

Yea that's what me and my mom were asking each other. "Why the hell is he being so damn soft now?"

I mean if he's tired of killing i get it, but he's acting like this is his first rodeo.

And to think I was going to stop watching the show before the season started. This second half has been incredible.
Yeah, it's crazy that we're on such a good stretch right now after how terrible the first half of the season was.

Glenn is a weak ass, this is nothing new?

Comic spoilers
guys Lucille is going to kill more then one person not just one that's how they're go to top the comic

Maybe? I guess they could do something like that but the whole thing with Negan's first appearance is how he walks the line and gives reasons not to kill everyone then goes "eeney meeny miney moe" and picks Glenn. Just the logistics of that scene and the tension there I think dissipates if you have Negan kill more than just Glenn, especially with how Glenn's death is terrible simply because of how graphic it is.

That's my big question for the show with Negan and Lucille's debut- how much can they get away with showing? Its not like its HBO or something and I feel like a lot of the gore they get away with since its mostly zombies that get the gory deaths not humans. Then again, they showed the caved in heads of Lucille victims on the polaroids, I just question whether they'll do anything like they showed in the comics, which is why that death is so memorable (and terrible) in the comics.

I don't think they need to one up Negan's debut by killing more than one person, just have that one be super impactful, like Glenn's in the comic. If they want to one up it, they still can kill off Abraham or somebody else prior to meeting up with Negan proper.

Bluenoser

Yea that's what me and my mom were asking each other. "Why the hell is he being so damn soft now?"

I mean if he's tired of killing i get it, but he's acting like this is his first rodeo.

He's just been extremely lucky that he was involved in other things every time humans were the target. When the Governor attacked the prison, he was not in the main firefight, and didn't have to kill.

That was a crazy episode though. I'm curious to see how GI Jane Carol ended up getting ambushed outside. I hope they show how the whole thing next week.

Oh and Abraham's one liners are worth watching on their own. Bisquick last week, and dingleberry this week.

Skab

These episodes have been great. Even the filler ones move everything along nicely. I like this.

That doesn't even make sense. How can it be a filler if it moved the plot along? That's the exact opposite of what a filler episode is.

Glenn wasn't part of the group fighting the Gov during that. He was sick/on the bus trying to get people out.

JTripper

How the hell are we going to handle sitting through 4 more episodes of this. Good lord our nerves will be shot.

NOOOOOO just realized the finale is gonna be the same night as Wrestlemania. Gonna have to media blackout that night or else just limit myself to Wrasslegaf until it's over.

Comic spoilers/Tv speculation:
So was morgan building the jail cell that will house Negan one day?

Hmmm...
That would be a pretty cool if true. Kind of wondering how long it would take the show to get to that point, if they roughly stick to the comics like they have been more recently. You figure the end of this season gets to Issue 100 and Negan's appearance, does all next season basically deal with the All Out War arc or does that get stretched out more?

-griffy-

Banned
I thought he was sick and missed out on the fighting? Didn't he like climb out of the rubble after everything was over wearing full riot gear stuff or something?

Great episode. Eugene with Carol's cookie. "Got some fight in 'em." Fucking lol.

Then the raid was just 10 - 15 minutes of pure intensity. Stressing out.

Just watched the episode. It was decent.

My PVR didn't save it all, though, and I'm wondering if I missed anything. It cut out right when they showed Glen's reaction after the words, "We have a Carol and a Maggie. I assume that's something you'd be interested in talking about."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom