• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
fresquito said:
And yet Crysis isn't there. And no, I'm not blind, I'm talking about Crysis, not Warhead.
You can install it on up to five machines, I don't really see the problem.

ZZMitch

Salaadin said:
Steam version of original Crysis is 32 bit only for some reason. Warhead on Steam has both Bin32 and Bin64.
An EA rep went on the Steam forums back in July and said they were looking into getting this fixed, hasnt said anything since...at least not that I could find.

Wait, so can I still play it in Windows 7 64 bit?

Jinfash said:
This thread is moving way too fast! someone please, spare a couple of minutes to help this filthy poor!
switch to a different credit card even though using steam wallet. I think having a credit card that failed recently still attached to the account stops it.

I´m another one who won´t buy Crysis because of Securom. It´s ridiculous that they haven´t removed it yet. I´m not going to let Securom in to my computer for a three year old game.

Lucius86

Banned
Chacranajxy said:
So now that the graphics are no longer the pimpest in the fuckin' game, is Doom III worth getting? I'm not going to be using the duct tape mod or whatever it is.

I did enjoy it, but it got tedious to the end. Definitely worth a go though, but just make sure you are not a scaredy cat because there are a few 'jumpy' moments (nothing bad, but more like a demon attacking you in your face in the dark type stuff).

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Finally Mount&Blade and Crysis as a Bonus. No Warhead for great 10 Euro Justice. Why is Doom 3 more expensive than the pack?

tiff

Banned
Hahaha, my brother convinced me not to throw in Warband when I was picking titles to buy during yesterday's sale, and lo and behold...

Also got the King's Bounty pack (already had the first two, but the pack was cheaper than buying Crossworlds standalone) and Dirt 2.

Throw in Vicky II, EUIII: HTTT, and EU: Rome during the last sale, and that's quite the haul for one day.

Scum

It's piss poor DRM that for sure but it's only £2.49!
It costs more for me to get to fucking work and that's nowhere near as fun as Crysis! :lol

Hakkuei

Drkirby said:
I am pretty sure it is a Machine limit, not an installation limit. It will be a problem in the long run (You will EVENTUALLY go though 5 computers in x years.), but for all we know, EA may release a Patch that ditches the DRM in 5 minutes.

Plus, you can just crack the game if it becomes to problematic
Okay, thanks! Not really a big deal then.

Blizzard

Banned
I <3 Memes said:
You can in fact reclaim authorizations of Crysis. You just have to call EA support to do so.
This is my understanding. I think Stallion Free ran out of installations and had to do this. I seem to recall it being annoying, but they gave him at least one extra installation after he called.

Sturmovik looks like it doesn't have any install limits or non-Steam DRM, is that correct? Does anyone have any opinions? The screenshots look pretty old-fashioned, but I know sometimes Steam screenshots are made with really ugly settings.

Anyone played Rush? it says its from the creators of Toki Tori, which I know Gaf liked a lot.

People who are fan of Heroes of Might and Magic should get the Kings Bounty deal. I have 2 of the games so I won't bite again, unfortunately Armor Princess doesn't work for me on gamersgate.

Wow all of this bullshit with the Crysis DRM nearly made me not bother with Crysis.
Drkirby said:
I am pretty sure it is a Machine limit, not an installation limit. It will be a problem in the long run (You will EVENTUALLY go though 5 computers in x years.), but for all we know, EA may release a Patch that ditches the DRM in 5 minutes.

Plus, you can just crack the game if it becomes to problematic
Thanks for the info. I may actually buy it now.

Lumine

So warhead comes without the DRM and is cheaper too? Perhaps I should just get that. I would like to get Crysis too, but I'm really unsure about that 5 machine activation limit...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
That is almost banworthy trolling!

Xzior said:
CHrAV.jpg

Lumine said:
So warhead comes without the DRM and is cheaper too? Perhaps I should just get that. I would like to get Crysis too, but I'm really unsure about that 5 machine activation limit...

It has DRM listed on it´s store page. Have I missed anything?

Reno7728

When does steam acknowledge the price change due to already owning a game (ARMA2). Because if have it in the review and purchase window but its still sitting at 9.99.

vazel

Banned
Yay finally got Sim City 4.

Arma2: Combined Operations($13 for both games) and Lost Horizon($5) are cheaper at Amazon.com's DD store btw. Don't be a stubborn Steam fanboy.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
brain_stew said:
Every copy of Crysis ever sold comes with activation limits.

brain_stew, you're quite sure? I've always read that the retail version of the original Crysis has Securom, but only in the form of a disc check. Also, and I may have just missed it, I don't recall any talk of activations during my installation process.

I think I'll just click this buy button here on Stea...
Blizzard said:
This is my understanding. I think Stallion Free ran out of installations and had to do this. I seem to recall it being annoying, but they gave him at least one extra installation after he called.

Sturmovik looks like it doesn't have any install limits or non-Steam DRM, is that correct? Does anyone have any opinions? The screenshots look pretty old-fashioned, but I know sometimes Steam screenshots are made with really ugly settings.
Ugh...

fuck that

Edit:
Does anyone have much experience with that flight sim? It looks pretty good and it seems to have a decent metacritic score.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So since Global Agenda dropped monthly fees - any word on it? Its got jetpacks, so I'm interested.

heh, I actually finally finished Crysis at like 4AM this morning...had bought the pack on Steam when it was on sale for ~$13 last year

Fun game
though the part where it turns into Descent was kind of annoying to play. Interesting visuals though

~Kinggi~

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Some dudes from my alma mater made it, so I have a contractual obligation to tell you to buy it.
Okay, but does anyone who actually has gameplay experience with Proto Galaxy have impressions?

Looks like a mix of a space shooter with rpg elements. Kinda interesting.

kennah

I don't know what all the activation limit fuss is about. It's not like any one ever installs or plays the games from the Christmas sale anyway.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Crysis ain't a 5 PC limit, it's a 5 install limit. You will have to contact support when you run out, they will tell you to use the DRM deactivation tool in the future, one that doesn't support OG Crysis, they will only give you one more activation and it will all take 30 minutes.

That is my experience with the bullshit Crysis DRM.

Eaten By A Grue said:
That does not have the ARMA II: OA expansions. It is probably easier to buy those off of Steam.

Edit: Actually it looks like there are only 2 places you can buy them and one is Steam and the other is called Sproket. Steam has the expansions reduced in price.
ARMA 2: Combined Operations = ARMA2 and ARMA2: Operation Arrowhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom