• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

vazel

Banned
SolarPowered said:
I think I'll just click this buy button here on Stea...

Ugh...

fuck that

Edit:
Does anyone have much experience with that flight sim? It looks pretty good and it seems to have a decent metacritic score.
It is considered by far the best combat flight sim.

Trouble

Banned
scorcho said:
Is Rush worth the $1.69? i'm debating either that or a tall pike with a shot of vanilla on my way to the gym.
It's worth the full $5 if you like puzzles. It's by the people who made Toki Tori.

I picked up Global Agenda at %50 off earlier (god damn it, steam), I too hadn't really heard much about it previously. There is no subscription, but you can pay to get accelerated xp/money. It reminds me a bit of Borderlands, but with more loot than just guns.

Krakn3Dfx

soul creator said:
heh, I actually finally finished Crysis at like 4AM this morning...had bought the pack on Steam when it was on sale for ~$13 last year

Fun game
though the part where it turns into Descent was kind of annoying to play. Interesting visuals though

I thought everything at that point and beyond it was pretty craptacular. First half of the game was great tho.

DogWelder

M&B: Warband includes the entire original game + additional content. DO NOT BUY M&B COMPLETE. It's not technically a daily deal though, since I believe it's been -75% the entire week. I want to get it bad, but my backlog is huge. :(

~Kinggi~

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Crysis ain't a 5 PC limit, it's a 5 install limit. You will have to contact support when you run out, they will tell you to use the DRM deactivation tool in the future, one that doesn't support OG Crysis, they will only give you one more activation and it will all take 30 minutes.

That is my experience with the bullshit Crysis DRM.
I dont remember a lot of fuss being made with the retail release when every website known to man was using crysis as the graphics benchmark for 50 PC comparisons.

I dont get it, they get special copies?

A buddy is interested in Crysis but Steam is saying that only 32-bit Windows is supported. Is that right? Is it possible to work around that or should I forget about it?

kharma45

I'm just thinking, I never finished Crysis, PC kept going crazy at the last boss for some reason yet it worked fine for my Dad :\

And I can't find the disc for it either, rats. At least Warhead didn't require the disc after installing.

YianGaruga said:
A buddy is interested in Crysis but Steam is saying that only 32-bit Windows is supported. Is that right? Is it possible to work around that or should I forget about it?

It'll still work fine on 64-bit Windows.

vazel said:
I was about to put it into my cart until I noticed it was published by Ubisoft...

Does that mean I have to deal with that online DRM bullshit? I didn't even bother to look at the PoP titles that had that shit and bought the first three.

kennah said:
I don't know what all the activation limit fuss is about. It's not like any one ever installs or plays the games from the Christmas sale anyway.

It should have been removed by now, if Crytek cared about their customer. There is no reason that people who pay this kind of money for a three year old game should have to let securom in to their computer, and then have to deal with activation limits. It´s just plain arrogance and laziness from their side.

Krakn3Dfx

YianGaruga said:

Works fine on 64-bit Windows. There's no workaround, it just works.

vazel

Banned
SolarPowered said:
I was about to put it into my cart until I noticed it was published by Ubisoft...

Does that mean I have to deal with that online DRM bullshit? I didn't even bother to look at the PoP titles that had that shit and bought the first three.
No it's a really old game.

Babalu.

Would I be able to run Crysis and warhead well?

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black 3.0gb
Radeon HD 4890 1GB
4gb ram

and how is my video card? will it last for awhile or is it already outdated?

Dunlop

kharma45 said:
I'm just thinking, I never finished Crysis, PC kept going crazy at the last boss for some reason yet it worked fine for my Dad :\

It is a known bug, I had to replay the entire level

Still love that game :p

Also, is there any reason I should hold out on DOOM? This is pretty cheap as it is and I'm trying to save cash, not go crazy attempting to save.:lol
vazel said:
No it's a really old game.
Absolutely fantastic.

Thanks

kharma45

Babalu. said:

Windows 7 64bit
Radeon HD 4890 1GB
4gb ram

It'll play well yeah, the 4890 is still a great card tbh.

BrassMonkey1010 said:
Which game is better, Crysis, or Crysis Warhead?

I preferred Warhead. Better optimised, felt tighter and just more fun.

Trouble

Banned
amrod said:
Anyone playing Global Agenda Still ?
I sorta am, played for a while after buying it on the earlier %50 daily deal (god damn it, steam).

All I saw in game were noobs like me and max level players. The progression is a very straightforward mission system, mostly kill x of type y.

The game seems to be more focused on end game PvP and PvE, but I don't know if I have the patience to get there. I refuse to shell out more money to level up faster.

1-D_FTW

Screw it. I didn't realize King's Bounty had 3 games in it. Though it was 2. Just bought that and Rush. 4 games for 10 dollars. I wanna hit 100 games.

tiff

Banned
esc said:
M&B: Warband includes the entire original game + additional content. DO NOT BUY M&B COMPLETE. It's not technically a daily deal though, since I believe it's been -75% the entire week. I want to get it bad, but my backlog is huge. :(
No, Complete was definitely $20 before this sale.

Truespeed

Stallion Free said:
Crysis ain't a 5 PC limit, it's a 5 install limit. You will have to contact support when you run out, they will tell you to use the DRM deactivation tool in the future, one that doesn't support OG Crysis, they will only give you one more activation and it will all take 30 minutes.

That is my experience with the bullshit Crysis DRM.

If you look at the link posted you'll notice that they use Crysis as the example. Also, I only have Warhead installed, but can someone with Crysis installed try the following:

Crysis.exe /revoke

A de-authorization window will pop up allowing you to proceed or exit.

rac

Banned
So I'm eyeing the crisis pack and dirt 2. Is it worth it to get both of the crisis games and how is the cockpit mode in dirt 2?

kharma45

rac said:
So I'm eyeing the crisis pack and dirt 2. Is it worth it to get both of the crisis games and how is the cockpit mode in dirt 2?

Yes to the Crysis games, and how do you mean about DiRT 2 cockpit?

I have not played a Sim City game in AGES. Are there any comparable games out today? Is it really buggy(someone mentioned this earlier)?

I remember playing one of their games before and being completely obsessed with it.

Dambrosi

Banned
For those outside of the Eurozone about to click on the Crysis Complete "Buy" button, don't - Crysis Complete is only €4.99 on the European Steam Store!

Get a friendly EuroGAFfer to gift it to you and PayPal them the money, is my advice. It's what I'm about to do! :lol

Blizzard

Banned
vazel said:
Good enough for me, thanks. I'll take your recommendation and the high score, even if the graphics turn out to be iffy. Flying games, space, or otherwise, seem to be a bit rate. I only have a really old clunky joystick but perhaps I can use a keyboard/controller instead.

Just to make absolutely sure...that game shows up as part of the Ubisoft complete pack, but it does NOT have the always-online DRM since it's an old game, right?

TheExodu5

Banned
Htown said:
You can install it on up to five machines, I don't really see the problem.

I've run out of activations somehow. Part of the reason is probably because I went through 2 computers, and XP, Vista, 7 on my current PC.

Can't play the game I payed $50 for.

Good times.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dambrosi said:
For those outside of the Eurozone about to click on the Crysis Complete "Buy" button, don't - Crysis Complete is only €4.99 on the European Steam Store!

Get a friendly EuroGAFfer to gift it to you and PayPal them the money, is my advice. It's what I'm about to do! :lol
Oh nos, I could of saved $3 ;-;

Dunlop

TheExodu5 said:
I've run out of activations somehow. Part of the reason is probably because I went through 2 computers, and XP, Vista, 7 on my current PC.

Can't play the game I payed $50 for.

Good times.

did you call support?

Babalu.

Babalu. said:

Windows 7 64bit
Radeon HD 4890 1GB
4gb ram

Anyone else?

and is sim city 4 as good and addictive as sim city 2000 (my last sim city)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom