• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2010 Steam Holiday Sale Thread: of GAF collectively handing over wallet to Based Gabe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
I've run out of activations somehow. Part of the reason is probably because I went through 2 computers, and XP, Vista, 7 on my current PC.

Can't play the game I payed $50 for.

Good times.
Call EA, spend 30 minutes, let us know how it goes. :p (sorry, that sucks though)

cbox

I bought simcity 4 3 or 4 days ago at 10 bucks and now it's 5.... in the same holiday deadl.

Think they'd refund me 5 bucks?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheExodu5 said:
I've run out of activations somehow. Part of the reason is probably because I went through 2 computers, and XP, Vista, 7 on my current PC.
That's pretty much the PC setups I have gone through too. I shouldn't have to fucking remember each game that needs to be deactivated specifically when doing a format. If you are out of activations they should ask you if you want to kill any of the other activations, just like Netflix Instant Watch.

1-D_FTW

rac said:
So I'm eyeing the crisis pack and dirt 2. Is it worth it to get both of the crisis games and how is the cockpit mode in dirt 2?

Claustrophobic. But it's a phenomenal game you need to buy if you remotely like racers. Plus, if you use the hood cam (good) to get used to the track layouts, cockpit becomes usable. It's just like all recent Codemaster racers. It's completely unrealistic. Until you know the track, the cockpit is blocking vital road you'd see in a real car. Not as big a problem once you have the tracks down.

Nabs

eternal prize said:
I bought simcity 4 3 or 4 days ago at 10 bucks and now it's 5.... in the same holiday deadl.

Think they'd refund me 5 bucks?
Rule #1: Only buy daily deals until the final day of the sale.

Salsa

I think just Crysis 1 for me today

i dont even know if i'll be able to run it

edit: Wait, the crysis pack shows up as 15 bucks here, and crysis 1 at 7.5

how much are they over there ?

Danj

Dambrosi said:
For those outside of the Eurozone about to click on the Crysis Complete "Buy" button, don't - Crysis Complete is only €4.99 on the European Steam Store!

Get a friendly EuroGAFfer to gift it to you and PayPal them the money, is my advice. It's what I'm about to do! :lol

If I'm in the UK, is there a way I can get it at that price without having to do the Paypal nonsense? I don't do Paypal since they tried to steal money off me a few years ago and I cancelled my Paypal account after that.

King's Bounty complete
DOOM complete
Crysis complete
ProtoGalaxy
RUSH
IL-2 1946
SimCity 4
Section 8

Someone please convince me to not get any of these... especially Section 8.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Anyone know what the fuck the settings in Rush are? I'm seeing this toggleable 30FPS/60FPS/Shaders/Antialiasing option that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Bootaaay said:
Don't get Section 8 - it's not all that great and the sequel looks to improve on it in every conceivable way.
Except it's still GFWL.

Dunlop

Stallion Free said:
Controller.

Also, to you people stating go contact support, it's still annoying as hell and the CS are completely ignorant to the glaring flaw.

You can't use it as a defense.

use what exactly? You have the ability to prevent the activation limit in most cases. Companies are trying to find a way to be profitable on PC in a world where their games are cracked/online before the official launch, where they could also be making a shitload more money in most cases just developing on consoles

what do they do to make everyone happy, while at the same time running a viable business model?

In this thread we are talking about 5 or 10 dollar games, the price of a large coffee or a video rental. We've done the principle argument already

Nabs

~Kinggi~ said:
does sim city 4 support widescreen resolutions like 1680?
I've been reading around, and it looks like you can force your preferred resolution through "Set Launch Options" in Steam. So just paste -CustomResolution:enabled -r1680x1050 -intro:eek:ff and it should work out fine.

Sorry if this was answered already, but what's the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit Crysis? Does the 64 bit one perform better than the 32 bit one? And you can only get the 64 bit one by buying the retail version? *confused*

Corto

SalsaShark said:
alright then, any Euro pal wants to help me out with Crysis ?

I can paypal or gift a game of the same price

I can help you. PM me your steamid or post it here if you don't mind.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
SalsaShark said:
alright then, any Euro pal wants to help me out with Crysis ?

I can paypal or gift a game of the same price

Sure no issue. I would buy it for you if you could gift me back something else. I gift you the Crysis pack and you gift me the Indie Brain Pack?

Edit: Corto also offered his help. So many people eager to help :p

If Salsa doesnt take my offer, anyone else is free to take it though.

Petrie

Banned
Dambrosi said:
For those outside of the Eurozone about to click on the Crysis Complete "Buy" button, don't - Crysis Complete is only €4.99 on the European Steam Store!

Get a friendly EuroGAFfer to gift it to you and PayPal them the money, is my advice. It's what I'm about to do! :lol

If someone would be willing to do this, please shoot me a PM, as the few dollars makes it a buy for me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dunlop said:
use what exactly? You have the ability to prevent the activation limit in most cases. Companies are trying to find a way to be profitable on PC in a world where their games are cracked/online before the official launch, where they could also be making a shitload more money in most cases just developing on consoles

what do they do to make everyone happy, while at the same time running a viable business model?

In this thread we are talking about 5 or 10 dollar games, the price of a large coffee or a video rental. We've done the principle argument already
Every other EA game on Steam has no other DRM other than Steam. Crytek came to Steam before EA and they fucked us because of it.

There goes all your reasoning out the window.

LegoDad

is simcity 4 any good? I was looking for a new one...

And how much do you actually save by having a Europe Steam Gaffer buy Crysis Complete.. if it's like 3-4 i'd paypal money for it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Reno7728 said:
It doesn't show up until the final screen before you buy the game, ie it isn't reflected in your cart on the screen where you select purchase for myself/gift. It should be reflected on the screen where you click purchase though.

poppabk said:
It doesn't show up until the final screen before you buy the game, ie it isn't reflected in your cart on the screen where you select purchase for myself/gift. It should be reflected on the screen where you click purchase though.

No, wondering about the game itself.

I know he likes Valkyria Chronicles and Fire Emblem which are SRPG, just wondering if he'd like that game as well.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Ultimatum said:
Is Global Agenda worth £5? It looked really fun when there was hype about it in beta, but then it kinda just disappeared...

I'll tell you tomorrow! I just bought it but I wont be home until tomorrow to actually play it.
£37 into my £100 budget so far. I have to admit that I'm unsure if I'll meet my budget, although I still may buy that Paradox pack, which'll help.

OK, at 5 bucks I'll cave in and buy Dirt 2 (even though I have yet to play PGR4..)

I'm also considering getting the King's Bounty pack at that price, but I never liked the HOMM gameplay.. Any chance I'll love this despite not being fond of HOMM?

I already own Crysis/Warhead and SC4 Deluxe but they'd also be sure buys at these prices..

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lyphen said:
Boo, RUSH doesn't support anything higher than 1280x1024. Ugly.
Really?

rush2010-12-2814-21-11ptw2.png

Minsc

Gold Member
tahrikmili said:
OK, at 5 bucks I'll cave in and buy Dirt 2 (even though I have yet to play PGR4..)

I'm also considering getting the King's Bounty pack at that price, but I never liked the HOMM gameplay.. Any chance I'll love this despite not being fond of HOMM?

Try the demo? It's not exactly the same, but if you didn't enjoy the combat in HoMM, the basic gameplay elements of that are the same here, so you probably won't enjoy King's Bounty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom