• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

cajunator said:
Seen it. HNNNGED to it (and Kana)

It's cool, you gave me reason to post the gifs I found. ;D

Any reason to pimp Potemayo is a good reason.

I'd say Hanamarou Yuichien, but that has a wierdly creepy overtone to it all.

Obsessed said:
So the show is still good, right?

Well... I don't have the stomach for anime like I did 4 years ago, so I'm a bad person to ask. I will say this: I don't think I can do it anymore. However, if you don't know the plot, it could still be a good watch. I had been waiting for this one for half a decade, so I'm sure I'll check out some episodes down the line to see how they execute some of the more memorable moments.

DiGiKerot

BluWacky said:
Bottle Fairy or Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar. Definitely vomit-causing in their cuteness.

Nothing with such a high waffle content can be that bad!

Not seen Bottle Fairy, but Sugar would have been alright if Sugar hadn't be quite so insufferably annoying.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
KimiBoku 3: I'm really quite enamoured by this text. They even got rid of the weird editing choices from the first two episodes as well. Although, at this point, I wonder if they haven't run out of nostalgia/ethereal memory stories and and will have to change the structure of the episodes. I'm pleasantly surprised by the show - Yoshida saves anime yet again.

vas_a_morir said:
Well... I don't have the stomach for anime like I did 4 years ago, so I'm a bad person to ask. I will say this: I don't think I can do it anymore. However, if you don't know the plot, it could still be a good watch. I had been waiting for this one for half a decade, so I'm sure I'll check out some episodes down the line to see how they execute some of the more memorable moments.

Good I didnt read the manga.

cajunator

Banned
EmmanuelMunoz said:
I'm starting to wonder if you haven't already seen it all Cajunator. Well, all the HNNNGG~ worthy stuff at least.
I may have. I don't take much seriously, but Moe is serious fucking business. Saimoe has proven that.

cajunator

Banned
Here is a show some of you may like
AndroidAnaMaico2010-2.jpg

Andrew J. said:
Gundam AGE 02

I like this battleship captain. He gets shit done.

The AGE system would have seemed much more preposterous a few years ago before 3D printers started taking off.

"This is the beam rifle that will pierce the heavens!"

I dont know if its terrible foreshadowing or writing, but I cant help but feel that they make it easy to see that the captain is antagonist.

cajunator

Banned
eqqogy.png

This show is pretty adorable.

I've seen most Broccoli stuff, and Azmanga, Usagi Drop...there's got to be something I'm not thinking of. Keep suggesting.

Dynedom

cajunator said:
Haven't seen that actually.

Watch it. Full of HNGGGH.

Ignore Branduil's blasphemy about the low budget. He has no soul!

Aishiteruze_Baby-1.jpg

37923-yuzuhappyonigiri_large.jpg

edit: Don't worry. It never goes down the creepy road (much like Usagi Drop never did).

trejo

Dynedom said:

I liked Aishiteruze but there's nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. The show was pretty clearly made on a shoestring budget.

Frosteey

Neo Member
Yutori-chan? It's the only one I think I've watched that's more obscure than Potemayo probably. Pretty cute most of the time.

N3goZ.jpg

KCxgq.png

Or just watch/rewatch Cardcaptor Sakura because it is the best one.

Branduil

Dynedom said:

[IM]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hz56DLp0QaE/TH7WtKbCbvI/AAAAAAAAHXw/8oZIyK-zsIs/s400/Aishiteruze_Baby-1.jpg[/IMG]
[IM]http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/296/37923-yuzuhappyonigiri_large.jpg[/IMG]

edit: Don't worry. It never goes down the creepy road (much like Usagi Drop never did).
whats%20your%20name.jpg

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Dynedom said:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hz56DLp0QaE/TH7WtKbCbvI/AAAAAAAAHXw/8oZIyK-zsIs/s400/Aishiteruze_Baby-1.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/296/37923-yuzuhappyonigiri_large.jpg[IMG]

edit: Don't worry. It never goes down the creepy road (much like Usagi Drop never did).[/QUOTE]

Oni. Giri. Ooooooonigiri! :-)

Squid Girl:

J16gY.jpg

Atami, Shizuoka (熱海市) a very nice place

jman2050 said:
Squid Girl 4
Second: Pdot I'm disappointed you didn't post a picture of "that shot" from this segment by now. You know what I'm talking about.

65ZQD.gif

Coxy

Dedication Through Light said:
I dont know if its terrible foreshadowing or writing, but I cant help but feel that they make it easy to see that the captain is antagonist.

I think it's a double bluff, though the MC might have to fight him at some point he seems more Jamil Neate than Char, in fact episode 2 really reminded me of Gundam X a lot

Kimi to Boku 3
tumblr_lt8fjyCPI61qcd4zso1_500.png

Additional character made it quite funny and the final reveal was too hilarious. I think this episodes flashback was one of the more touching ones and memorable especially with the post analysis conversation. Yukki and Yuta are quite cool.

trejo

Squid Girl S2 episode IV: A New Hope

All three segments were pretty funny in their own way. From the surprinsingly competent engrish puns to tickling fetishes to naval warfare and the return of mini Squid Girl.

And now to wait for the next episode and more puns. :(

zeroshiki

Aishiteruze Baby is great. The anime unfortunately ended in the middle of the story but, after reading the manga, it really doesn't miss that much since the manga also ends abruptly albeit with a real ending.

Branduil

zeroshiki said:
Aishiteruze Baby is great. The anime unfortunately ended in the middle of the story but, after reading the manga, it really doesn't miss that much since the manga also ends abruptly albeit with a real ending.
Doesn't it end with her mom coming back?

cajunator

Banned
Frosteey said:
Yutori-chan? It's the only one I think I've watched that's more obscure than Potemayo probably. Pretty cute most of the time.

N3goZ.jpg

KCxgq.png

Or just watch/rewatch Cardcaptor Sakura because it is the best one.
never heard of Yutori chan!

zeroshiki

Branduil said:
Doesn't it end with her mom coming back?

Aishiteruze Baby spoilers (manga and anime)
In the anime, she doesn't come back. It cuts off just before the retarded Kokoro pregnant storyline. In the manga, her mother finally musters up the courage to take her back and dorama ensues. Happily ever after ending though.

Master Milk said:
Why didn't Psyren ever get an anime? Was it not that popular? It seems like the type of manga that would have been fun animated.

It's definitely odd when a WSJ series that lasts for over 100 chapters doesn't get an anime. Maybe it had been considered but the apparently poor ratings and tankobon sales never allowed a production to get off the ground.

iavi

zeroshiki said:
In the anime, she doesn't come back. It cuts off just before the retarded Kokoro pregnant storyline. In the manga, her mother finally musters up the courage to take her back and dorama ensues. Happily ever after ending though.

Ah, so I was way off, lol. It's been years.

firehawk12 said:
It is when a dog gains pride.

It's when the dog can no longer stand being shamed by pig.

Branduil

zeroshiki said:
The story had some pretty bad arcs when it focused on things besides Yuzuyu. The arc about
Kippei's cousin who cut herself
was borderline unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom