• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Blue Exorcist - 24

Just one more to go.

It's a pretty bad episode, but there was that single moment in the latter half which I thought was the fulcrum, of sorts, where it could easily have redeemed itself - but it didn't. Otherwise it's filled with bad cg and 'serious' dramatic moments that unfortunately lapse into comedy instead.

I should've seen it coming. Still looking forward to the last episode.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
duckroll said:
Please stop trying to make people go blind here. This is anime-gaf, not stabyoureyes-age.

picnicanne3.jpg

anne17.jpg

I will take Key over this any day. Any day. Stuff of nightmares.

e_i

Just finished Last Exile. The ending is confusing though
Where did the characters end up at the end? I though Muskateer-san died, but there he was with his Disith girl. And who were those random children with the characters at the end? Did Alister and Tatiana have science babies?
I wonder when the new series takes place. Before or after the first series? Spoiler for Last Exile:
I've heard Dio shows up in the new series? Ummm...he died in the first series, in quite a tragic way.

Hanasaku Iroha 26 Yes, this is P.A. Works' best title to date. Better than Angel Beats.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
darkside31337 said:
I will take Key over this any day. Any day. Stuff of nightmares.
If you honestly think Key art is better than that. You have OBJECTIVELY bad taste, there's no denying it, in fact it makes your opinions extremely questionable. (not that they weren't questionable to begin with).

darkside31337 said:
http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/picnicanne3.jpg[/img
[img]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/anne17.jpg[/img

I will take Key over this any day. Any day. Stuff of nightmares.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/osCPA.gif

Uchip

Banned
Lafiel said:
If you honestly think Key art is better than that. You have OBJECTIVELY bad taste, there's no denying it, in fact it makes your opinions extremely questionable. (not that they weren't questionable to begin with).

darkside was obviously abducted by aliens at some point

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lafiel said:

Large bug eyes aren't nearly as disturbing as massive warped disfigured foreheads.

It's an opinion. I am quite happy with my taste. Thankfully I don't have yours.

Uchip said:
darkside was obviously abducted by aliens at some point

I haven't let Anne abduct me. Don't plan on it.

Ezalc

e_i said:
Just finished Last Exile. The ending is confusing though
Where did the characters end up at the end? I though Muskateer-san died, but there he was with his Disith girl. And who were those random children with the characters at the end? Did Alister and Tatiana have science babies?
I wonder when the new series takes place. Before or after the first series? Spoiler for Last Exile:
I've heard Dio shows up in the new series? Ummm...he died in the first series, in quite a tragic way.

I forgot a lot of what happened in Last Exile but to answer your questions:

Musketeer guy lives and IIRC the one kid with them is either his kid, that he has with the dsith chick, or her little brother. I forgot what happens with Tatiana. The new series takes place after the original. I heard about this rumor, I don't know if it's true or not.

Uchip

Banned
flawfuls said:
You do realize she is supposed to have a huge forehead. It's in the original novel.

well
moe characters often really do look like they are missing a chromosome (or two)
once you make the connection you wont be able to unsee it either

Hanasaku Iroha 26 END

loved it. nice closure to everything, heartstring-moments, everyone is festing it up. I would love a second season, since the cast is one of the best i have seen in recent anime history but it is not neccessary as this finale is great as it is.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Lafiel said:

Key had great art.

KRnTD.jpg

flawfuls said:
You do realize she is supposed to have a huge forehead. It's in the original novel.

Seeing screens of the anime makes me not want to ever read the book. Not that I would really want to read a children's novel from 1908 regardless, but this is an example of animation backfire in terms of making people interested in the source material.

However I think that since it is a children's novel from 1908, the only people who would ever watch the anime to begin with would be people who are fans of anime and also children's novels from 1908, which has to be the tiniest niche imaginable. As in, the 2 people on Animu-GAF who are currently watching that show might actually be the only 2 people on the entire Earth watching it at this moment.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Unknown Soldier said:
Seeing screens of the anime makes me not want to ever read the book. Not that I would really want to read a children's novel from 1908 regardless, but this is an example of animation backfire in terms of making people interested in the source material.
Well this is certainly ridiculous. Never even indulged in either versions of that story but I find that extremely stupid reasoning.

Dynedom

duckroll said:
I think you're all alone here. Lol. Everyone else is either banned, or has seen the error of their ways!

I just remember the number of Pro-AnoHana people/positive posts about the show reducing week by week as the show rolled on. It was quite comical.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Unknown Soldier said:
However I think that since it is a children's novel from 1908, the only people who would ever watch the anime to begin with would be people who are fans of anime and also children's novels from 1908, which has to be the tiniest niche imaginable. As in, the 2 people on Animu-GAF who are currently watching that show might actually be the only 2 people on the entire Earth watching it at this moment.
Or because it was directed by Isao Takahata, one of the two key people of the world's most beloved Japanese animation studio.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Aigis said:
Or because it was directed by Isao Takahata, one of the two key people of the world's most beloved Japanese animation studio.

That's great. And has nothing to do with Anne not being the stuff of nightmares.

flawfuls

Unknown Soldier said:

I'm pretty sure it was an incredibly famous show in Japan.

Unknown Soldier said:

Heidi, Anne, Dog of Flanders are very succesful animes with a reputation as masterpieces in Japan and in Europe.

iammeiam

The most important question is whether or not the anime Anne adaptation is better than the first two live action Anne miniseries starring Megan Follows. Because if it is, alien foreheads be damned, it's probably worth a watch.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Uchip said:
hahaha
please tell me someone forced that on him

It was. I wouldn't dare intentionally make people bleed their eyes out although that's pretty in vogue around here.

I am seriously annoyed. It's not funny.

Dynedom

Dresden said:
Blue Exorcist - 24

Just one more to go.

It's a pretty bad episode, but there was that single moment in the latter half which I thought was the fulcrum, of sorts, where it could easily have redeemed itself - but it didn't. Otherwise it's filled with bad cg and 'serious' dramatic moments that unfortunately lapse into comedy instead.

I should've seen it coming. Still looking forward to the last episode.

I really hope they didn't destroy [spoiler[Rin and Yukio's mom's real backstory from the manga.[/spoiler] The way it goes down in this arc is embarrassingly bad and so awkward.

Meh I guess I'll have to finish this show. It just seems to have gone the way of Broken Blade. When it was following canon, it was great.

Uchip

Banned
darkside31337 said:
I'm willing to make the trade of never making another post here in this topic if I can get rid of this avatar.

It's a fair trade no?

Screw it. I'll manage with this thing.

thats the spirit!
im pretty sure im the most disliked user here, so you're going to have to step it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom