• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

mAcOdIn said:
Yeah, I kinda hate the characters, like why should I even feel for the MC and Ifurita, they met for like 30 seconds and she was off, condensing that isn't going to make it more powerful just less so. That said, this Nanami seems better than the one in Utena. Just sayin'.

El-Hazard's Nanami is pretty good. She's pretty normal compared to everyone else and really likable. Unfortunately, she gets less screen time compared to the other zany loons in the series.

Dynedom

Articalys said:
Well shit, in response to all that, I have to post Pohana:

ZaIiB.png

Lol. Fucking gets me every damn time!

Jex

faridmon said:
From what I have watched: AnoHana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Iroha. I don't see the reason for this trolling.
I don't see why you would say such a thing, but okay, you're on your own! AnoHana is pretty bad, really.

zeroshiki

When the person who famously started the Animegaf teams in the first place and got a tag for Anohana has replied and taken the other side, you know Anohana is dead.

Jex

Instro said:
Ano Hana is low end Key anime with better art.
Well, that's what it aspired to be. I guess it succeeded, judging by the sales.
duckroll said:
I think you're all alone here. Lol. Everyone else is either banned, or has seen the error of their ways!
Sweet justice.

Jex

Dresden said:
Shaft and Kyoani saved anime.
But we already knew that, in our hearts.
duckroll said:
Please stop trying to make people go blind here. This is anime-gaf, not stabyoureyes-age.
It's just a purification ritual, necessary to cleanse the soul.
darkside31337 said:
I will take Key over this any day. Any day. Stuff of nightmares.
I didn't realise it was actually possible to be wrong about art. I guess you learn something new everyday.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jexhius said:
I didn't realise it was actually possible to be wrong about art. I guess you learn something new everyday.

It really is amazing. My avatar is the stuff of horrors. Irony of course being one moderator asked me to change my avatar already. Joke was on him. Or is the joke on me? I don't even know.

El Sloth

Banned
Fist of the North Star

So, I've finally decided to watch this on Hulu. 10 episodes in and I'm convinced that Kenshiro's clothes are actually just his body hair. They've been altered thanks to the great power of the Divine Fist of the North Star. It's the only way to explain why they seem to grow back every episode.

This also means that Kenshiro roams the wastelands completely naked.

Enron

Banned
El Sloth said:
Fist of the North Star

So, I've finally decided to watch this on Hulu. 10 episodes in and I'm convinced that Kenshiro's clothes are actually just his body hair. It's the only way to explain why they seem to grow back every episode.

This also means that Kenshiro roams the wastelands completely naked.

goddamnit

mAcOdIn

Articalys said:
That would be both Blu-rays and four volumes each of the manga and light novel, correct?
Well, almost, I forgot about the graphic novels, so I don't have everything.
Shouta said:
El-Hazard's Nanami is pretty good. She's pretty normal compared to everyone else and really likable. Unfortunately, she gets less screen time compared to the other zany loons in the series.
Yeah, she's just normalish, not weird. Like why did the teacher get super strength? Did that mean that Jinnai got super bumbling? Makoto got super attraction? But seriously, all the girls more or less suck, as a haremsih type show it's pretty bad when none of the girls are remotely desirable. But seriously, I am hating this show so much.

And I am still Team AnoHana damnit!

Hanasaku Iroha 26

That was a really great ending. Probably the best finale of the shows that ended during the summer. It hit all the rights notes for me. This was definetly one of the better shows this year

I got teary eyed when Sui was walking through Kissuiso remembering everything ;_;

Nichijou 26

This was a pretty good ending for a show such as this. It was probably a good idea to go more for the heart warming stuff for the finale since the show has been much more consistent with hitting its mark on that front. The show is a mixed bag but on the whole I liked it. Its probably the first KyoAni show I can say that about since Haruhi Season 1. Miracles do happen I guess.

Risette

A Good Citizen
darkside31337 said:
It really is amazing. My avatar is the stuff of horrors. Irony of course being one moderator asked me to change my avatar already. Joke was on him. Or is the joke on me? I don't even know.
Link? I want to see this.

Jex

Unknown Soldier said:
Seeing screens of the anime makes me not want to ever read the book. Not that I would really want to read a children's novel from 1908 regardless, but this is an example of animation backfire in terms of making people interested in the source material.

However I think that since it is a children's novel from 1908, the only people who would ever watch the anime to begin with would be people who are fans of anime and also children's novels from 1908, which has to be the tiniest niche imaginable. As in, the 2 people on Animu-GAF who are currently watching that show might actually be the only 2 people on the entire Earth watching it at this moment.
You do realise that's it's from The World Masterpiece Theatre Collection of anime titles, as in, a series which adapts classical, famous literature into animation? Anne of Green Gables was a hugely popular title with international success with releases in Asia and Europe?
flawfuls said:
I'm pretty sure it was an incredibly famous show in Japan.
And even further afield!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hellsing321 said:
Nichijou 26

This was a pretty good ending for a show such as this. It was probably a good idea to go more for the heart warming stuff for the finale since the show has been much more consistent with hitting its mark on that front. The show is a mixed bag but on the whole I liked it. Its probably the first KyoAni show I can say that about since Haruhi Season 1. Miracles do happen I guess.

iOrbP.gif

Reluctant Nichibros. The best kind.

Articalys

Honestly I'm surprised they hadn't already made an official Lelouch dakimakura. Especially since they already made one of (spoilers for the finale)
Nunnally in her prisoner outfit

Jex

Nonoriri said:
On the first point, well sure. One the second, the main girl in Clannad looks like a bug, it's frightening!
It's hard to watch monsters pretend to be people :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Articalys said:
Honestly I'm surprised they hadn't already made an official Lelouch dakimakura. Especially since they already made one of (spoilers for the finale)
Nunally in her prisoner outfit

There were also ones for CC, Kallen and Anya. Bandai does not understand that Lelouch is what all the guys want.

mAcOdIn said:
Also, there's El Hazard: The Wanderers, I know, a retelling of the ova, I read from a couple of places that this was ok but this is just so fucking stupid I can't imagine what those people were thinking. I need to reevaluate my fondness of humans transported to an alien fantasy world because for some reason I love the setup but can not think of a single time it's been done right.
Now and then, here and there was great.

Lain

Ezalc said:
TV censorship is usually some kind of shitty steam, or white/black bar, or some convenient thing blocking the part in question like say hair. This has none of those things happening, it just looks like she's wearing one of those skin colored spandex stuff. Which is incredibly creepy looking. Also, Lawrence looks like he's in his 40s but sounds like a 15 year old.
If you want nipples, grab the manga. I bought the first two volumes early this month and got plenty of nipples in them.
Jexhius said:
You do realise that's it's from The World Masterpiece Theatre Collection of anime titles, as in, a series which adapts classical, famous literature into animation? Anne of Green Gables was a hugely popular title with international success with releases in Asia and Europe?
We still get reruns once in a while here. The last one was just this winter/spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom