• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chihayafuru 6-8

This member-collecting arc may not be as strong as the first batch of episodes, but it's still quite good in its own right. Chihaya's aggressive recruiting methods are amusing, the different approaches to karuta the story still manages to highlight keep things interesting, and I find each of the new member's issues compelling. One thread that's been constant through the whole show is that of the outcast - the very first episode started off with gossip about Chihaya, and gossip continues to play an important role in these episodes as we see how the student body treats those who don't quite fit in. The karuta club serves as a refuge from the outside world, a place where these misfits can find an identity and a bond they have difficulty finding elsewhere. I hope these side characters will continue to play important roles in wherever the story will head next.

Many people have already complemented the excellent direction, but one aspect I have not seen enough praise for is the music. The piano and string heavy soundtrack really helps to establish a strong atmosphere - tense, sad, joyous in turn - even when the animation and art is a little pedestrian, as it was in episode 7. Certainly one of the best soundtracks I've heard in an anime show this year.

Ben-to 8

No action makes the show quite boring. Ultimately felt kind of dull, dont understand why they lik getting sato undressed but I guess it has to fit his nom de guerre.
Though nurse scene was funny at first when the one overly obsessed with the ice witch was all over him

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Everyday's Great at your Junes 08:
  • Nanako-chan is still adorable.
  • Chie-chan can put her love in me whenever she wants.
  • Yukiko is the boring choice. Charlie should choose someone more in his league. :/
  • Konishi-kun is still an idiot.

All in all a great episode of Persona 4 The Cartoon. The animation was actually great for once, too!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I mean I don't want to say anything but

Jexhius 1,025
cajunator 629
Branduil 582
PdotMichael 579
Regulus Tera 487
trejo 460
firehawk12 460
zeroshiki 454

WALL OF SHAME
I was hoping to get into the medal podium, but it's looking really difficult right now. :(
In every season, in every thread, the posts of animegaffers remain the same.
I've jumped into the fight for European spots! :) I've improved.

Instro

Who the hell is this chick with the red glasses in Working!"#$%^&*(?./][?

She is another worker there who is always in the background. In the first season she finally was introduced near the end of the season, she basically hates everyone who works there and thinks they are weird.

iavi

Is that the wrong way to do it?

Not at all, you lucky, soon to be gintama bro. I was just wondering if you were going to start from the series split like a lot of people were doing around the time it started airing again. Starting from the beginning makes for an incredibly long ride, but it's so worth it. Enjoy!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wonder if that was an accurate translation or if it was GG being GG.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ben-to any good? Thinking about picking up that too. So far I'm committed to Guilty Crown, Persona 4, Gintama, Young Justice, and finishing Infinite Stratos - because I predicted it would be the show to save anime, and I will believe when the rest lose hope.

mAcOdIn

Ben-to 8 was terrible. That's two episodes in a row that were bad and headed in the wrong direction, at this point I have to conclude that this will be the new feel of the show. I guess it's time I dropped it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ben-to 8 was terrible. That's two episodes in a row that were bad and headed in the wrong direction, at this point I have to conclude that this will be the new feel of the show. I guess it's time I dropped it.

I think they're only 4 episodes left? Might as well after having come this far.

Defuser

Ben-to any good? Thinking about picking up that too. So far I'm committed to Guilty Crown, Persona 4, Gintama, Young Justice, and finishing Infinite Stratos - because I predicted it would be the show to save anime, and I will believe when the rest lose hope.

Don't be a dog nor a boar,be a wolf and watch ben-to!

Ignoring the most recent episode, its a decent to enjoyable anime that has memorable moments...if the plot isnt taken overly seriously. Definitely check it out.

iavi

It's kind of funny, how fast that went from being my surprise hit of the season to being my disappointment of the season.

DY_nasty

Ignoring the most recent episode, its a decent to enjoyable anime that has memorable moments...if the plot isnt taken overly seriously. Definitely check it out.

I think there's something actually wrong with me. After Macross 7, I haven't been able to take any plot seriously. I'm actually a bit taken back by the fact that Anime-GAF sat back and watched my descent into madness so casually.

Ezalc

It's amazing.

I think there's something actually wrong with me. After Macross 7, I haven't been able to take any plot seriously. I'm actually a bit taken back by the fact that Anime-GAF sat back and watched my descent into madness so casually.

Well you're talking about a thread that recommends watching School Days whenever possible so.... :p

and i still haven't jumped on the Macross 7 road yet due to what i was seeing (plus i've been busy for a while now) :O

DY_nasty

Well you're talking about a thread that recommends watching School Days whenever possible so its not that crazy :p

and i still haven't jumped on the Macross 7 road yet due to what i saw (plus i've been busy for a while now) :O

Don't do it. Its just not worth it. I used to believe in good shows and bad shows. Now all I want to know is if a show rocks hard enough.

Defuser

Working'!! Ep9
Man,this show is getting better and better. To think everybody was worried in the beginning since the new director took over and he directed perverted shows in the past.

Poor Sato,how can one man take so much friendzone abuse.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Working'!! Ep9
Man,this show is getting better and better. To think everybody was worried in the beginning since the new director took over and he directed perverted shows in the past.
I think nobody would disagree that this season has had a bit more fanservice than the previous one despite not resorting to male gaze shots.

NewFresh

This is a slow season for the anime thread, too. We're still not on |OT2| yet!

Summer anime thread...oh god, summer anime thread.

I mean I don't want to say anything but

Jexhius 1,025
cajunator 629
Branduil 582
PdotMichael 579
Regulus Tera 487
trejo 460
firehawk12 460
zeroshiki 454

WALL OF SHAME

I've wiped my hands clean of my filthy past.
I miss it

Branduil I am disappointed in you. Allowing Cajunator to overtake you like that.

Ben-To 1:

I'm just a dog. A barky, dirty dog. How long have I lived without knowing this fact? How long have I buried my nose in the dirt, sniffing around garbage, never knowing? Now my eyes have been opened, and I must rise again! I will become a WOLF!

Ben-To 2:

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I have resolved to live by the precepts of the wolf. Have pride, have respect! And FIGHT for half-priced lunch boxes!

I have no idea what the hell I'm watching, but it's unexpectedly really fucking awesome. Also, Kizurui is :cajun ^ 1,000,000

Sarquiss_

This has to be one of the weakest episodes so far, and this is taking in to account last weeks trainwreck. The only redeeming factor was the Sega Saturn Love :) and MuscleCop :p

The episode completely ignored the soul of this show - Fighting for discounted Ben-To....

Hopefully, next week will get the show back on track....

wonzo

Banned
HxH R 9

This was fairly bland and boring, as usual :/. Next episode will have that scene with Hisoka, so we'll finally find out just how censored this show is.

DY_nasty

I guess I'll give it a shot... I'm kind of afraid of following the crowd ever since that K-On thing a while back.
No. :(

In my defense, it is 70+ episodes long and I've been busy with real life and Zelda in the past week.

Ippo would drop Link in the first round. Link lacks a heart of burning passion and the eyes of a champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom