• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
OMG! Fate/Zero Ep10 is going to be hnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggh! I dunno if my heart can take this!

http://moca-news.net/article/20111201/201112011705a/01/

http://i.imgur.com/QshXd.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MXsx9.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NWsvS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dAHZX.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/owXTW.jpg

I can't watch this. This is not safe for my heart. I am going to sue somebody for all they are worth when this induces a heart attack.

Morris

Disco Devil
Oniisama e 18

OCSXq.png

Higher than the stars~

Cwarrior

That sounds pretty amazing. Not something I'd like to watch, ever, but at least they're mixing it up, staying creative. That's a good sign, from a creative standpoint. That sounds like a whole new tier of filler episodes.

Filler episode types:

Traditional filler: An anime original story in a anime that's based on a manga. These might be below average in terms of production as the studio is trying to pad out a shows run, possibly because the next part of the manga hasn't been written yet.

Oshii variation on traditional filler: Similar to the above in that it's a story that comes from the team creating the anime, rather than the original manga. Except here it might not be below average, rather, it might be seriously weird.

Lazy ass filler: Take 98% old episode footage, add some kind of framing device like one character explaining something to another, and then go. These are episodes that I will always skip.

Wolf's Rain level filler - The same as the above, except you do it for four episodes in a row.

Annoying filler: Perhaps this episode will only be 40% new material, and that material might not be that interesting but you kind of have to check it out episode. At least is straight filler you can just skip it outright, with this you are forced to watch.

Utena[filler: Similar to the above except there are some potentially huge story or character based revelations packed in around re-used footage. Dastardly!

Gintama filler - It's clear when they don't have the money or time to animate certain segments, but at least they include meta-commentary on the nature of filler itself.

You forgot the best kinda filler there is, One piece cover story : fleshing out the mini stories found on the cover the manga, still canon but leaving enough room for the team to be creative along with nice animation examples Sanji visit to Kamabaka, Robin and the revolutionary army, Ussop trapped in the forest of gluttony, Zoro vs. Humandrills and older ones like Captain Buggy’s Return.

Defuser

After 5 years of using a laptop,I finally switch to my new DIY pc with a 23 LED Monitor and my god.....it's beautiful watching anime on it,I can see the smoothness and the glorious high def. I'll never go back to watching on a laptop again.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Penguin Drum is only 8 volumes for the entire series. If it continues to sell 5000 copies per volume, it's not a successful show at all.

To be honest, I'd like to see what MPD's demographics are like we saw K-ON and Madoka's. It seems like something that would be more mainstream, along the lines of Lost in the US and as thus, those overpriced DVD/BRDs might not sell as well if it more appeals to a mainstream audience than an Otaku one. Let's be honest, Himari and Ringo aren't exactly ideal moe-bait.

Jex

If I squint a little, it almost looks like a cross between Heartcatch and Suite character designs.

So you're saying that it looks like what would happen if you literally stuck two different sets of designs and colours together with no regard for aesthetics? Sounds about right.

Also, c'mon guys, less than a page since I went out? You need to watch more anime! Or discuss more of it in here, at least. I want to hear all about the shows I'm not watching, or that I might watch and even those that I will never watch.

scy

OMG! Fate/Zero Ep10 is going to be hnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggh! I dunno if my heart can take this!

NWsvS.jpg

I was putting Fate/Zero off for a massive marathon of the whole thing. I may have to break that for this episode.

Also, I have like a month worth of stuff to catch up on oh god :/

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
So you're saying that it looks like what would happen if you literally stuck two different sets of designs and colours together with no regard for aesthetics? Sounds about right.

Also, c'mon guys, less than a page since I went out? You need to watch more anime! Or discuss more of it in here, at least. I want to hear all about the shows I'm not watching, or that I might watch and even those that I will never watch.

Sorry Jex, some of us has lives. We can't be watching and talking about anime 24/7 here.

cajunator

Banned
I cant really watch much on my work week.
I have to wait until Im off work before I can really watch anything at all. Coupled with the fact that my coworker is a flake and an idiot who seems to have excuses to miss work (he has missed 3 of the last 4 weeks with various excuses and is causing others to almost quit from overworking) then I am about to have to put in osme serious overtime which means anime watching will be almost nil and I am afraid I may have to choke a motherfucker.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I kinda like those Smile Precure! designs. Their hairdoes are so desperate it's funny.

I guess it happens to all long-running franchises.

xero273

Well thats a lot, I guess I will wait for just a Blu-Ray release of just the anime, and I guess they arent going to dub it? (would they really do a JPN sub only release and dub later?)

pretty sure they aren't going to dub it at all. This is the same thing like the KnK blu-ray set. import from japan and sell. KnK didn't get dubbed either.

Jex

If you aren't already making room in your schedule to watch, consider and discuss anime your life priorities are clearly skewed in the wrong direction. You have better things to do? More vital than expanding your horizons and deepening your understanding of Japanese culture? Better than considering art? I think not.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
If you aren't already making room in your schedule to watch, consider and discuss anime your life priorities are clearly skewed in the wrong direction. You have better things to do? More vital than expanding your horizons and deepening your understanding of Japanese culture? Better than considering art? I think not.
We need to make time for your Christmas present, Charlie Brown.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fanservice Crown 08: Umm... yeah. Friendzone girl is the best. I would post screencaps but they are probably NSFW. Whatever:

8Ig4Ll.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Oh yeah, keep goIng. You know you like it.

You're so persistent!! I just have to hold your Wii Remote like this, right! I-I can do it right! I'm not a child anymore, you understand? Just you watch, you'll be blown away at my amazing motion control!!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You're so persistent!! I just have to hold your Wii Remote like this, right! I-I can do it right! I'm not a child anymore, you understand? Just you watch, you'll be blown away at my amazing motion control!!

I suddenly started reading you with Nyanners' voice.
a/s/l?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I suddenly started reading you with Nyanners' voice.
a/s/l?

Hah! I bet you'd LIKE that wouldn't you? I bet your Wii Remote doesn't even have Motion +, huh? You worthless PERVERT! DIE. *tsun*

Hey, we've all been there. Sometimes you can love too many things and you have split your affections. It's okay.

E-exactly! There's nothing wrong with me loving them both!

Guilty Crown 08

Beach episode. Not much to say really.
We're introduced to another antagonist(to Gai atleast), that worked with Shu's father.

Shu's father and mother are both tied to the apocalypse virus now, so I'm sure Shu is connected in some way to Inori.

Shu finally affirms his first friendship, and admits his affections about Inori to him.

I thought they would of done something more with the guy with the camera, but he was just being a creeper on Inori so he could make a music video.

Wheelchair-moe randomly placed in the episode, pretty sure its to help shipping with her and Shu's Friend.

I really miss the awesome stuff they had in Episodes 1 and 4.

Edit; Forgot to mention
the crazy Endclave pilot was ditched by his own father, and that said father is related to Shu's Mother romantically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom