• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 Fall Anime Thread - Bad Shows & Self Hating Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

flawfuls said:
The Travel

This was one of those experimental animated shorts that make no sense. I think there might be a story in there somewhere, but the only thing I could get out of it was that the lady was in love with a statue or something.

Some memorable moments include a guy that was eating babies out of a vagina looking thing like he eating out of a bag of chips. There was also a dude with no pants and a very well placed snake. It was a very classy film.
It sure sounds classy. In fact, the classiest anime clearly doesn't have much animation at all, it's too busy being baroque.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Hanasaku iroha 26 (Finale) - A really satisfying finale to the series, while it didn't end up as amazing as the first episode lead me to believe, I'm surprised the series managed to remain consistently enjoyable and occasionally really good on certain occasions, while the characterization was very archetypal or cliche they fact they managed to make me feel invested emotionally in them was a plus, and while it's somewhat disappointing the series didn't reach it's full potential, I don't regret my time with it at all, and enjoyed it all the same, barring 4 episodes in the second cour.

TEAM HANIRO VICTORY! ANOHAHA IS COMPLETELY FINISHED.

Jex

Lafiel said:
Hanasaku iroha 26 (Finale) - A really satisfying finale to the series, while it didn't end up as amazing as the first episode lead me to believe, I'm surprised the series managed to remain consistently enjoyable and occasionally really good on certain occasions, while the characterization was very archetypal or cliche they fact they managed to make me feel invested emotionally in them was a plus, and while it's somewhat disappointing the series didn't reach it's full potential, I don't regret my time with it at all, and enjoyed it all the same, barring 4 episodes in the second cour.

TEAM HANIRO VICTORY! ANOHAHA IS COMPLETELY FINISHED.
Activate the victory horn. Wooooo.

trejo

Squid Girl S2 1

It continues to be nice, harmless fun. The new OP sucks, tho.

I will watch this one for the puns. And the cephalopophile.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Poor Extollere, out there enjoying Geass but with NO ONE TO TELL OF IT'S GREATNESS. WHYY SATAN WHYYYYY!? What unholy force of nature barred him from salvation!?

Reknoc

InfiniteNine said:
Poor Extollere, out there enjoying Geass but with NO ONE TO TELL OF IT'S GREATNESS. WHYY SATAN WHYYYYY!? What unholy force of nature barred him from salvation!?

The great Britannia Empire! Dirty numbers aren't allowed to post.

darkside31337 said:
I'm not convinced this team AnoHana actually ever existed.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Gintama 204

Cute episode. Poor Katsura always on standby.

I also gotta say this is one of the EXTREMELY rare times where I love both the OP and ED. It's crazy and really makes me look forward to the coming episodes more than any other season.

iavi

darkside31337 said:
I'm not convinced this team AnoHana actually ever existed.

Oh, exist, they did. And we won. Whoever runs for the shortest amount of time out of two ultimately forgettable shows= win. It's called suffering less.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Miri said:
Oh, exist, they did. And we won. Whoever runs for the shortest amount of time out of two ultimately forgettable shows= win. It's called suffering less.

This is the team AnoHana defense?

Both shows (apparently) sucked so the one that was half as long was twice as good? Very creative, I like it.

chickdigger802 said:
gintama 227

Fun little weird crossover. Is sket dance any good?

Hit or miss most of the time, but its peak (aka episode 24 and 25) blow most things out of the water no matter what year we're talking about. Those 2 alone inspired me to make a thread.

Miri said:
The first episode of Hanasaku Iroha is more memorable than anything in Ano Hana.

CatPee

Enron said:
Ika Musume S2 already? FUCK YES

geso

http://i53.tinypic.com/211sd9k.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Mini-Ika segment always makes me HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG hard.

Will watch ep. 1 of the new season in a few minutes. MAXIMUM HYPE!

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes OVA - This is a bonus episode, set during the show, in the period after the lead detective girl Kiriko got kidnapped by the rich girl. After an initial rescue effort by the other main characters, it is revealed that the rich girl wants her to become an idol, in order to try to save their company, which was of course failing. The fact that when asked she was already wearing an idol costume kind of undermined her tsun-style refusal... :) Given that it's easy to see how Sherlock misunderstood and thought that she really did want to be an idol. And that's the main issue of the episode, the quest to get her back to being a detective. It's amusing enough, and there are some laughs as always. It was nice to see more of this show, certainly. Still, this isn't one of the best episodes of the show. It was an okay episode, but not great. Better than nothing though!

It was funny how insistent Sherlock got that Kiriko should stay as an idol, absolutely convinced that she really wants to do that even though Sherlock admits that she'd miss her... heh. :) Also, Kiriko inflates her IQ several more times, adding another zero each time she mentions it. 1.3 trillion IQ, really? :lol

The final confrontation in this episode between the goodguys and the villains was amusing as always too, and was the best part of the episode for sure. Oh you poor detectives, always miserably failing... poor Kiriko, divided between finishing her concert and going to help them out. Of course though, though the detectives didn't know it, Arsene had been holding the whole thing with the goal of getting Kiriko back as a rival, so the timing, and results, weren't a coincidence. She's way too nice a villain. :)

Oh, and Mori Arty does make another cameo appearance. I expect her to show up more next season, early next year.

Instro said:
Double-J is the show of the year!
One of the worst shows of the year, you mean? Because it is.

Ezalc said:
Yep I saw this picture somewhere, that's how I recognize her.
Yeah, now that that pic was posted I recognize her there, but wouldn't have known the name or show without the lineup card thing.

Dresden said:
Yeah I think a better one is needed.
Yeah, that's a too easy bingo card to fill up, shouldn't take long at all until all of those spots are filled...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gin Dance was fun, although the middle section dragged a bit. The anime had a really awesome gag with the voice actors that didn't exist in the manga though which probably made the episode much more memorable than it might have been otherwise. I'm surprised Sket Dance hasn't had a Kugiloli yet though.

firehawk12 said:
Gin Dance was fun, although the middle section dragged a bit. The anime had a really awesome gag with the voice actors that didn't exist in the manga though which probably made the episode much more memorable than it might have been otherwise. I'm surprised Sket Dance hasn't had a Kugiloli yet though.

and what gag was this.

Hellsing321 said:
The Virtual Boy is the greatest system ever.

Needs more mental gymnastics

iavi

Skettama

That was fun, though; I'm more interested the Gintama crew in a contemporary setting, so bring on the carpenter dance. lol.

Talking about Prague in my earlier post, I did not realize that this new~ish ed was by them too. These guys are just good.

-Minsc-

Infinite Justice said:
and what gag was this.

This voice actor gag.
Himeko as Jugem-Jugem Shit-Tossing The Life Of Shin-chan's Two-Day-Old Underwear Balmung Fezalion Isaac Schneider 1/3True Love 2/3 Hangnail Anxiety Betreyal Knows My Name Or Does It Really Ignore Calls Squid Dogfish Halibut Trout-Cod Dogfish This Is a Different Dogfish,I'm Talking About The Dogfish Shark Kaluga Angler Ray Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe All's Well That Ends Well Runny Diarrhea

Articalys

Gintama 227

So it was pretty much the same thing as the Gintama version of the manga crossover, but it was a lot funnier to see animated. They actually managed to pull off four seiyuu jokes:
the extended one you already described with Ryoko Shiraishi as the monkey and Himeko, the "talking to youself" bits with Tomokazu Sugita as Gin/Switch and Daisuke Sakaguchi as Shinpachi/Teppei, and the quick bit with Hiroyuki Yoshino as Bossun/Taka-chin. The middle two had been in the Sket Dance version of the manga crossover and might show up again in the anime later this week

I got most of the references but couldn't figure the one about
an IQ of 300 and silver hair

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hooray, I'm finally back! ^_^ Time to post some catch up.

iDOLM@STER 11-12: I've never liked Miki. She brings all this BS on herself, and then goes on a hissy-fit and decides to quit for a while. Completely inconsiderate, self-centered bitch. Perhaps it's because I've been surrounded by Mikis my entire life that this particular character type just bugs me but man, I just can't stand her. At least she finally came back, so hopefully there will be some redemption next episode.

Mayo Chiki 11-12: A fairly predictable way to end the series (though there's an extra episode incoming I think). Eri Kitamura is the main reason this show has been watchable, but I must admit that girl Subaru is kinda cute at times. Oh and Jiro, leave your man badge on the table and leave the room, you're no longer worthy of wielding it. I should have taken it from you ages ago, but when you're alone in a hotel room with a girl you clearly like who wants you and basically tells you she wants you to fuck her, YOU DON'T TURN IT DOWN. Bleed until you're dry, but you have to take the opportunities you have.

Nichijou 25-26: I'm going to miss this series. I loved how completely random it was, and it ended with a nice troll gag with the whole smaller screw bit.

Hanasaku Iroha 25-26: This was a very nicely done ending to a great series. It pulled a tad too much on the heart strings at times, but overall the ending was handled very nicely. I loved the reveal about Tohru's and Minko's shared love of the same manga. And who wrote said manga. XD

I think that's all for now. I've been counting the hours waiting to come back here. ^_^

Reborn 60 something to 85

Having fillers in the future arc seemed to odd, considering the future arc is essentially 80% of the manga...I liked how they handled Gokudera and Yama's hashing it out and finally getting on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom