• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retrocide said:
An ugly win by the Sixers but I'll take it. If only they could have held on against the Thunder the other night...but really the team even being competitive with the top teams makes me happy.

Fuck that.

We go into LeIso mode at the end of games and fail.

Iggy is too much of a bitch to drive to he rim like a man, so he'll drive and throw it at Brand's foot.

Jrue gets stupid in the fourth and Lou tries to pumpfake the opposition to death.

We have no closer at all. If Turner doesn't grow balls over the offseason we will be stuck in Hawks mode in the east.

Sharp

Forget the Clippers game where they got Lawler'd, the Wolves are beating the Jazzzz? Was Anthony Randolph the missing key after all? Is Kahn actually a genius?

Sharp said:
Forget the Clippers game where they got Lawler'd, the Wolves are beating the Jazzzz? Was Anthony Randolph the missing key after all? Is Kahn actually a genius?

AR hasn't played a minute. AK47 and Raja Bell can't play basketball and Darko dominates Al for some reason.

edit: Raja Bell is so terrible, why is he playing over Hayward? Why does he keep shooting? Why isn't he going after rebounds? Why is he still in the NBA?

Corbin refusing to play the rookies, this guy has no brain cells. Devin Harris playing really really really bad. Nets going to win again. Incredibly depressing season. I'm really sad :(((((.

I think Favors and Hayward and Evans are a great part of the future of the Jazz, but Corbin I can't see being a part of the future of this franchise. He's just horrible at coaching.

wtf, Jimmer has 33 in the first half, wtf. Also, I was watching Derrick Williams (Which has no point now because the Nets will probably make the playoffs). Really nice offensive player, great shooter, great ball handler, great passer. Bad defensive player, bad rebounder, doesn't help on defense, needs double teams to contain his man.

diehard

Fleer
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
wtf, Jimmer has 33 in the first half, wtf. Also, I was watching Derrick Williams (Which has no point now because the Nets will probably make the playoffs). Really nice offensive player, great shooter, great ball handler, great passer. Bad defensive player, bad rebounder, doesn't help on defense, needs double teams to contain his man.
You think i was bullshitting? 33 points with 0 foul shots.

Jeff-DSA

Rodeo Clown said:
It's life when Al Jefferson is your best player.

He's having an off night, but he's better than anything the Pups have. People keep forgetting that he has to try and do it all since Okur and Millsap are missing time. Nobody can give him a decent entry pass tonight and when he gets the ball I don't think I've see one person cut or curl the whole night. Disgusting.

dabig2

BruceLeeRoy said:
Man Rose playing MVP ball tonight. Doing a good job drawing the fouls.

He's been having a rather bad shooting night, but yes, getting to the line at will tonight when he's been driving.

Story is the Bulls stifling defense.

Despite having a pretty bad shooting game from Rose (9-24), he absolutely dominated driving the ball to the basket.

And the best defensive performance I've seen the Bulls play this season. The Hawks only scored 26 points in the second half.

A game well won.

dabig2

Grimm Fandango said:
Despite having a pretty bad shooting game from Rose (9-24), he absolutely dominated driving the ball to the basket.

And the best defensive performance I've seen the Bulls play this season. The Hawks only scored 26 points in the second half.

A game well won.

Yeah, pretty insane. Those 26 points include like 6-8 garbage time buckets as well the last couple minutes. Pretty insane.

TheAtomicPile said:
Even that definition makes no mention of the "intention" thing you're trying to spin.

The expectations that everyone placed on the game are what produced the irony.
No one would have expected going into the game that not only would the Heat win, break the Lakers win streak, and break their own losing streak, but that Kobe would be the one to lose the game for the Lakers. Before last night, Lebron and Wade were the guys that sucked at closing out games. Kobe was the clutch king. The media almost decided the game before it took place.

In that case it appeared almost as if fate had been mocking the promise and finesse of things (Kobe and the sports media world). Some upsets are, indeed, just upsets. This became something more. I seriously cannot believe that you're not seeing this.

And I just want to apologize to everyone for shitting up the thread. All I wanted to do was make a little comment about a basketball game. I didn't know the word police were monitoring the thread. Is it always like this in NBA Gaf?

No, it's only the expectations of the one doing the action that can do it. What the audience thinks doesn't matter (the only time the audience matters is in dramatic irony).

Hence: "A condition of affairs or events of a character," is the key point you missed. Of a character is not about a character. It's his intent that matters.

And Kobe didn't lose the game. He made 2 big 3s down the stretch along with missing the 3s and the TOs. They lost by being out-rebounded by double digits. But this is neither here nor there.

But I'm sorry you want to keep arguing this point. You're simply wrong. If you still don't believe me, I highly recommend you contact someone in a position to inform you of this that you respect well enough to not dismiss their explanation (perhaps a writer or a professor). I hope that will convince you of the error in your ways because you obviously are more concerned about being "right" on the internet rather than being correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom