• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers-Heat last night drew 4.8m viewers on TNT -- 3rd-most for a cable game this season (after Heat-Cavs and Heat-Celtics).

makes sense given the early start time out west.

also, stay in minn, rambis! let shaw take over!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
My buddy just got this from that Modell's 40% sale.

185816_639349363534_194300075_35191040_4245344_n.jpg

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I love that Hollinger is taking on a story where he dissects where he ponders if Kobe's late-game antics will come back to haunt the team. Nevermind that he's been in the league for 15 years almost and has 5 rings under his belt. But will it now?!

Awesome Asik jersey, love him, awesome player to watch.

reilo said:
I love that Hollinger is taking on a story where he dissects where he ponders if Kobe's late-game antics will come back to haunt the team. Nevermind that he's been in the league for 15 years almost and has 5 rings under his belt. But will it now?!

I don't really think he was arguing that Kobe would kill the Lakers in the playoffs, he was just making fun of him for his night last night.

reilo said:

because Buss likes him. After his brief (and horrible) stint as Laker coach, Buss forced Phil to take him on as an assistant.

I just really hope it's Shaw. Rambis seems like a solid assistant coach, but not a good head coach.

Jeff-DSA

I need to stay in here with you guys and avoid the bulk of the OT, it seems. Apparently Mercury Fred had me pegged as a homophobic poster and had me on ignore. *sniff* *sniff*

Aaaaanyway, I want the Jazz to finish above .500 this season. Screw the lottery. It sucks this year and I want our players learning to win right now. April is brutal, but I'd love to see us gut out enough wins to avoid a losing season.

SUPREME1

Banned
reilo said:

Rambis is out, that opens the door for the glorious return of McHale!

LOL.

Kidding aside, good on the Timberwolves and RC.

If all dogs go to heaven, then it's only fair that the t'pups should get a pass out of purgatory.

Make your next coach count.

reilo

Black Mamba said:
because Buss likes him. After his brief (and horrible) stint as Laker coach, Buss forced Phil to take him on as an assistant.

I just really hope it's Shaw. Rambis seems like a solid assistant coach, but not a good head coach.
Did you quote the wrong post?
Jeff-DSA said:
I need to stay in here with you guys and avoid the bulk of the OT, it seems. Apparently Mercury Fred had me pegged as a homophobic poster and had me on ignore. *sniff* *sniff*

Aaaaanyway, I want the Jazz to finish above .500 this season. Screw the lottery. It sucks this year and I want our players learning to win right now. April is brutal, but I'd love to see us gut out enough wins to avoid a losing season.
Ignore him. That dude thinks every one is a homophobe that doesn't adhere to his hard-line stance on pro-gay activism. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks Bernie Frank was a homophobe, too.

pilonv1

reilo said:
Deron + Amare? Oh my. Even I couldn't hate on that. That would have been scary.

They probably could have landed Deron for Felton, Gallo and/or Chandler looking at the Nets deal. That's a much tougher team than what they have at the moment.

Brinbe said:
Wow, come on pacers. :(

I want to say that your team is so legendary at knowing how to tank that you've got nothing to worry about, but this Pacers team is so bad that the Raptors could not score in the second half and maybe still win.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I want to say that your team is so legendary at knowing how to tank that you've got nothing to worry about, but this Pacers team is so bad that the Raptors could not score in the second half and maybe still win.
Pacers have been the anti-tank team the last few years. They always seem to make a run towards the end of the season, so seeing them falter like this is surprising, actually.

Gigglepoo

The Frankman said:
Thank God.

The Pacers' victory will be so much sweeter now.

reilo said:
Pacers have been the anti-tank team the last few years. They always seem to make a run towards the end of the season, so seeing them falter like this is surprising, actually.

Bottoming out is for losers!

reilo said:

Not really if you think about the Pacers as a team that destroys their franchise and annoys their fans at the end of the season. About to get a top 3 pick? Start winning. About to make the playoffs? Start losing.

The Stealth Fox

NBA-GAF is a true representation of the beauty of the United States. It even welcomes homophobes, racists, KKK members, members of Westboro Baptist Church, and Lakers fans.

U-S-A
U-S-A
U-S-A

*sheds tear*

Just joking around Jeff. The OT is so far left that it's extreme.

reilo

The Stealth Fox said:
NBA-GAF is a true representation of the beauty of the United States. It even welcomes homophobes, racists, KKK members, thekad, members of Westboro Baptist Church, and Lakers fans.

U-S-A
U-S-A
U-S-A

*sheds tear*
Fixed.

Black Mamba said:
He's using it ironically.

Oh my God, you will not let this go will you?

Black Mamba said:
The definition is correct, your understanding of it is not. I'm no kid, but if you wish to believe so, go right ahead. My apologies for trying to help you better understand the words which you use. I mean no condescension, I'm just miffed at how improperly the term is used.

No, the exact definition of the word from Webster includes none of the additional stipulations you're adding about intent. If the meaning required intent, it would be written in the definition. The point of a definition is to explain the essential elements of a word's meaning. If it's not there, its not essential.

You're just bsing because you made a smart-ass comment and then realized, by way of my posting the definition, that you were wrong the whole time.

I understand the definition, as it is written, perfectly. Nobody needs your English lessons. Don't like it? Take up your beef with Webster.

Fesenko came into this game drunk, give back your salary for this season. Rookies are the only guys who care about this game for the Jazz.

If Fesenko is still in after this commercial, I will start looking for ways to directly get Corbin fired, oh my god, Fesenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom