• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Arh. Another C'z loss to a lesser team although Philly has been playing real good. All I can go go by is the raw numbers of Ray and KG. Not good.

If the Nets get a pick worse than six, I'm going to be so fucking depressed for the next several seasons. If the Nets make the playoffs....

Michael Gilchrist future!

But there's going to be a Sophomore limit next year which means Gilchrist can't declare until 2013 :((((((((((

Duki

Banned
Tom Penny said:
Arh. Another C'z loss to a lesser team although Philly has been playing real good. All I can go go by is the raw numbers of Ray and KG. Not good.
road game

sometimes u just lose its gonna be ok bro

exarkun

Sooooo James Harden? Dude is ballin, since when though? Earlier in the season I liked him, but he was taking some dumb shots. How is his defense? Putting up Durant numbers now, which makes the thunder kind of scary.

Tom Penny

Duki said:
road game

sometimes u just lose its gonna be ok bro

They have more losses against bad teams. I guess that just the way it is. I want home court and the Bulls aren't stopping. They are a problem. Thibs is a defensive genius. Period. Oh well.

Black Mamba said:
No, it's only the expectations of the one doing the action that can do it. What the audience thinks doesn't matter (the only time the audience matters is in dramatic irony).

Hence: "A condition of affairs or events of a character," is the key point you missed. Of a character is not about a character. It's his intent that matters.

And Kobe didn't lose the game. He made 2 big 3s down the stretch along with missing the 3s and the TOs. They lost by being out-rebounded by double digits. But this is neither here nor there.

But I'm sorry you want to keep arguing this point. You're simply wrong. If you still don't believe me, I highly recommend you contact someone in a position to inform you of this that you respect well enough to not dismiss their explanation (perhaps a writer or a professor). I hope that will convince you of the error in your ways because you obviously are more concerned about being "right" on the internet rather than being correct.

I missed nothing. You keep adding your own stipulations to the definition. I can't play a game where the other person keeps changing the rules.

Kobe did lose the game for them by turning the ball over and taking two bad shots in a row, one of which was a 3 pointer from way beyond the arc with plenty of time left on the clock. Now I don't even know if you were watching the right game.

I'm not wrong, I have the definitions to back me up. I'm perfectly confident in my assessment. I also didn't want to keep arguing it, but you wouldn't shut up about irony this and irony that and it was annoying. You're obsessed.

KingGondo

Banned
exarkun said:
Sooooo James Harden? Dude is ballin, since when though? Earlier in the season I liked him, but he was taking some dumb shots. How is his defense? Putting up Durant numbers now, which makes the thunder kind of scary.
Glad someone else is noticing how well he's been playing.

He's a really good defender as well, I would say he's just a hair below Sefolosha at this point. He's surprisingly athletic and is a good facilitator too. Harden knows that his role is to be the third scorer, and he's been filling that role beautifully.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Rodeo Clown said:
First time the Wolves have won back to back games by 20+ since 2001. Feels good, man.

Darko with a great game, give some credit!

TheAtomicPile said:
I missed nothing. You keep adding your own stipulations to the definition. I can't play a game where the other person keeps changing the rules.

Kobe did lose the game for them by turning the ball over and taking two bad shots in a row, one of which was a 3 pointer from way beyond the arc with plenty of time left on the clock. Now I don't even know if you were watching the right game.

I'm not wrong, I have the definitions to back me up. I'm perfectly confident in my assessment. I also didn't want to keep arguing it, but you wouldn't shut up about irony this and irony that and it was annoying. You're obsessed.

I agree that they were bad shots, but he also made 2 3s to keep them in the game. You can't say he lost it when he also kept them in it. The rebounding cost them the game.

I quoted you the OED. I explained to you why you're wrong. I'm not adding any stipulations. It's hard for me to demonstrate your errors when you don't understand the definitions themselves. As I said, if you don't trust me, go ask someone who you would trust for clarification. But I do understand the confusion. It's probably the most misunderstood term.

Or read this: http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2003/jun/28/weekend7.weekend2

And George Carlin gives great examples (it's where I got my insulin one from). http://jasonescape.wordpress.com/2009/01/08/george-carlin-on-irony/

Once again, your argument means all upsets in sports are ironic. Until you address this point, there's not much for us to discuss.

KingGondo

Banned
I can't imagine Jimmer being a bad NBA player, if you can shoot you can shoot. He looks pretty quick for such a sturdy frame too.

Maybe a stretch for the lottery, but he's no Ammo either.

so the bulls are .5 games behind boston for the 1 seed, we have another game tomorrow against the jazz with the 90s bulls legends in attendance....cant wait

Clocian-IGN said:
so the bulls are .5 games behind boston for the 1 seed, we have another game tomorrow against the jazz with the 90s bulls legends in attendance....cant wait

Horace was hilarious tonight.

I don't know if he was drunk off his ass but when he settled in with Stacey and Neil, he was funny as shit.

He hasn't aged either.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
pilonv1 said:
Warriors Magic on League Pass is in 4:3 and the NBA TV not Comcast feed :yuck

it's the only HD game on Comcast NBA league pass tonight...and usually it's only 1 game shown in HD all night.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Horace was hilarious tonight.

I don't know if he was drunk off his ass but when he settled in with Stacey and Neil, he was funny as shit.

He hasn't aged either.

lol nope. man im still blown by this. last year we barely made 8th seed, this year we're taking over the 1st seed, just crazy

Clocian-IGN said:
lol nope. man im still blown by this. last year we barely made 8th seed, this year we're taking over the 1st seed, just crazy

I never thought the 1 seed was obtainable but now I think it is.

I thought a 2 seed was very realistic though.

With the Bulls being so tough at the United Center, IF they can get that top spot, I think they can get to the Finals.

This is all so premature though and I, like the team, don't really think of that but it's intriguing.

The road will still be tough though.

2.jpg

phlphotos209370-dwyane-wade1772.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks they kind of look alike?

pilonv1

jobber said:
it's the only HD game on Comcast NBA league pass tonight...and usually it's only 1 game shown in HD all night.

Pretty much everything is in HD on International League pass though. Everything else tonight is in HD and 16:9

I've watched almost all Warriors home games this year and it's the first one not in widescreen and the first one with NBA TV graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom