• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Knicks are monitoring center Earl Barron's situation. His second 10-day contract expires with Milwaukee expires Monday, so he could become a free agent. Barron was a DNP the past two games, including yesterday.

DCX masturbating furiously.

DCX

DCX
soundscream said:
DCX masturbating furiously.
PowerFap.jpg

DCX

reilo said:
Chicago isn't made up full of great defenders either, but Thibs got them at the top of the league. You'd still theoretically have Ibaka and Sefalosha, add a defensive backup PG and you'd have a roster that could play defense and cover their weaknesses collectively.

Deng, Boguns, Noah, Brewer, Gibson, Asik, Sefalosha are all good defenders and in some cases really good defenders.

You don't need 5 good defensive players. Lakers have been near the top for 3 years now with Fisher (and this year a slow Kobe). Miami gets away with their Cs and Bosh. Orlando has had guys like Turk and Jameer play defense for em. Tony Parker was never good at defense, either.

All it takes is one really good big man, 2 good perimeter defenders, and a good scheme and you're good to go.

Jeremy Evans bringing over a hundred friends and family to tonight's game in Memphis, better play him Corbin. Use this as an excuse to never play Bell again as well.

giri

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I have watched Beasley, he sucks at basketball. Name another PF who has the complete faceup game (With the ball handling, jump shot, pump fakes, passing) and post-up game like Millsap does. Amar'e and Bosh have similar faceup skills, but have no post moves compared to Millsap and Bosh is a Zach Randolph-esque passer, probably worse actually.

edit: ehh, I mentally catalog Gasol as a center, so I forgot him. Still, second most skilled. Z-bo and Odom are closish though. Millsap is not very skilled defensively...
hahahaha

So cute.

The four most skilled PF's in the NBA are duncan, drik, amare and pau. But by all means, Millsap Bynum, the future of NBA Big men.

diehard

Fleer
Black Mamba said:
not sure what is funny about what I said.
That Miami is getting by on Bosh defense?

Millsap is more "skilled" than Pau. Greatly lacking the Height though. Odom might be the most skilled.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So livid, Stern would barely even look at Hunter when Hunter handed him the microphone. And soon, Stern started reciting his résumé, his decades of labor fights and legal battles in the NBA. Here’s how much the NBA was worth and here’s where I’ve brought it, he said. Everyone could see the anger rising within him, but no one expected the words that tumbled out of his mouth.

Stern told the room he knows where “the bodies are buried” in the NBA, witnesses recounted, because he had buried some of them himself.

“It was shocking,” Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose(notes) told Yahoo! Sports. “I was taking off my gear, and when he said that, I just stopped and thought, ‘Whoa …’

“I couldn’t believe that he said it.”

Rose wasn’t alone. Said another All-Star in the room, “I was shocked … just shocked.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...w-wojnarowski_nba_labor_battle_looming_032111

Yikes...

dIEHARD said:
That Miami is getting by on Bosh defense?

Millsap is more "skilled" than Pau. Greatly lacking the Height though. Odom might be the most skilled.

Miami isn't. I can't tell if you're trying to say Bosh is a really good defender or the Miami isn't a good defensive team.

As for this Millsap skilled part, please. Pau can shoot with either hand, and not just for layups. He's a far better passer and ball handler and a better shooter.

giri said:
hahahaha

So cute.

The four most skilled PF's in the NBA are duncan, drik, amare and pau. But by all means, Millsap Bynum, the future of NBA Big men.

Duncan is a center. In all honestly, Bosh is probably 4th most skilled, at least on offense. He just isn't allowed to do it anymore. And Zbo has a right to be in the conversation.

diehard

Fleer
Black Mamba said:
As for this Millsap skilled part, please. Pau can shoot with either hand, and not just for layups. He's a far better passer and ball handler and a better shooter.
Millsap is a better shooter out to 21 feet, is a good 4 inches shorter yet still has a better FG%.
Saying he is as or more skilled is not saying he is better.

giri

dIEHARD said:
Millsap is a better shooter out to 21 feet, is a good 4 inches shorter yet still has a better FG%.
He's certainly skilled, but he's not up there with the best of them. He's got a well rounded game (though personally every time he shoots a jumper i presume it's going to miss, and it usually does), but he's not over all as talented as any of the other guys. He's most like duncan in that both have well rounded skill sets, but where millsap might average 8/10 duncans 9.5/10.

diehard

Fleer
giri said:
He's certainly skilled, but he's not up there with the best of them. He's got a well rounded game (though personally every time he shoots a jumper i presume it's going to miss, and it usually does), but he's not over all as talented as any of the other guys. He's most like duncan in that both have well rounded skill sets, but where millsap might average 8/10 duncans 9.5/10.
He shoots 51.5% from 11-15 feet and 54.1% from 16-20 feet, how is that usually missing?

dIEHARD said:

Pau is shooting 51% on long 2s. Millsap is shooting 41%. Yeah, he is not a better shooter.

Not sure where you get a better FG% from. He's ahead by .2%, big deal. He also takes one less per game and more closer shots. Pau is also the better FT shooter and gets to the line more.

Millsap is not as skilled in passing, ball handling, or shooting than Pau.

diehard

Fleer
Black Mamba said:
Not sure where you get a better FG% from. He's ahead by .2%, big deal. He also takes one less per game and more closer shots.
haha you just contradicted yourself on 1 paragraph. Millsap takes 63% jumpers and Pau 55%, so you're wrong again there too.

giri

dIEHARD said:
haha you just contradicted yourself on 1 paragraph. Millsap takes 63% jumpers and Pau 55%, so you're wrong again there too.
hahahha my pf is shooting more jumpers than yours! !!, uhh, wait, what?

There's only one PF who should be shooting more jumpers than anything else, and thats dirk.

giri said:
The problem is, i'm sure stern does have a lot of dirt on a lot of those guys. I don't for see it ending well ><

I liked the quote Hunter had in there basically saying owners and GM's are dumbasses for over paying for players. If my employer wanted to pay me 5 times what I'm worth on the open market, I'd take that in a heart beat and it would be their fucking fault for offering that to me.

diehard

Fleer
giri said:
hahahha my pf is shooting more jumpers than yours! !!, uhh, wait, what?

There's only one PF who should be shooting more jumpers than anything else, and thats dirk.
He said Millsap takes closer shots thats why his FG% was better.. well after saying it wasn't better. I was just saying that's not true. Millsap has to take more jumpers because of his size, but obviously you want your 4 in the paint.

thekad

Banned
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/kyle_lowry_named_western_confe_2011_03_21.html

Houston Rockets guard Kyle Lowry was named today by the NBA as Western Conference Player of the Week for games played Monday, Mar. 14 through Sunday, Mar. 20. The honor is Lowry’s first time to earn Conference Player of the Week. Overall, it marks the second time this season for a Rockets player to be honored with Kevin Martin winning for games played Feb. 22-27.

Lowry (6-0, 205, Villanova) averaged 19.3 points (26-57 FG, 9-20 3FG, 16-17 FT), 7.5 assists, 7.3 rebounds and 1.25 steals in guiding the Rockets to a 4-0 week. His outstanding play helped the Rockets defeat two teams they are battling with for the eighth playoff seed, as well as knocking off the Eastern Conference’s top-seeded Boston Celtics. Lowry recorded 18 points (7-18 FG), six rebounds and five assists in a 95-93 victory vs. Phoenix (3/14/11). He then pulled down nine rebounds vs. Charlotte (3/16/11), which set his season high until grabbing a career-best 11 boards against the Jazz (prev. high: 10 on 11/1/06 vs. New York). Lowry totaled 20 points (7-15 FG, 4-7 3FG) and nine assists in the triumph vs. Boston (3/18/11). He wrapped up his week by posting the first triple-double of his career with 28 points (9-14 FG, 3-4 3FG, 7-8 FT), a career-high 11 rebounds, 10 assists and three steals in a 110-108 win vs. Utah (3/20/11).

Lowry became just the fourth Rockets player since 2002-03 to record a triple-double, and the first since Trevor Ariza vs. New Orleans (4/14/10). He also extended his career high of double-figure scoring games to 12 in a row (2/26/11-3/20/11).

> Rose.

dIEHARD said:

He takes more long 2s and more at rim shots. So I guess it balances out.

Pau still shoots 51% from 16-23 feet while Millsap shoots 41% from 16-23 feet. Pau still shoots better at the FT line. He's still a better passer and ball-handler too.

Tom Penny

Sweet. I'm forced to play Andre Blatche's backup instead of Kevin Love in a money playoff round. I'm sure he will drop 20/10's all week :|

diehard

Fleer
Black Mamba said:
He takes more long 2s and more at rim shots. So I guess it balances out.

Pau still shoots 51% from 16-23 feet while Millsap shoots 41% from 16-23 feet. Pau still shoots better at the FT line. He's still a better passer and ball-handler too.
He's a better ball handler? Ok now i know you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom