• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

Denver is playing with house money right now. I wonder if they can continue like this into the playoffs.

They are fun to watch though.

Jackson said. "I think they have four or five guys on the court that are aggressive instead of waiting for 'Melo to shoot all the balls. They're playing with two point guards, so they're making plays and everybody is getting shots. They're not depending on one guy to score."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310302007

I think thats the exact reason they've had so much success recently.

TheFatOne

What happened at the end of the Celtics game? I went to sleep at the half so I didn't see the second half. Read the last three pages and it seems like something happened but the espn highlights are garbage.

Darkman M

Just saw the preview for Espn's 30/30 "Fab 5", looks like it's gonna be a really good one. March 13th............... can't wait!

SamuraiX-

Minnesota To Offer $70M Extension To Love

RealGM said:
The Wolves are expected to offer Kevin Love a $70 million contract extension this offseason following a resolution to the NBA's CBA negotiations, according to a report from Charley Walters of the Pioneer Press.

Love will be eligible for an extension of five seasons if there is no change from the current rules applying to players coming off their rookie contract.

Kevin Durant signed a five-year, $85 million contract extension last summer when he became eligible for the first time.

I think the Wolves are jumping the gun here. Kevin Love will be entering his fourth season and he'd already be getting paid an average of $14mil/per for the next 5 years?

Way overpaid for a guy who's just putting up stats, but then again if the Wolves don't shell out he probably won't resign there.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
giri said:
(I hate my self for this) Bosh. Bosh & wade alone would get them to 50 wins.
Wade and Bosh would be like Wade and young Matrix minus the D and rebounding

Blackace

Branduil said:
He can do a lot when he's not being attacked by a cancer. But enough about Melo...

I must admit that was one of your better tasteless jokes! lol

xnipx said:
Nick Young would have made that three last night to tie it. Nick Cannon(braids) let me down

Blame stone hands dray.

I want to move up in this draft and get Barnes. I don't give a shit. I want to take a shot at the kid.

It can't be that expensive to move up into a spot that could grab him.

In a perfect world we move Dray, a late draft pick and an expiring or something to get an early first rounder to select Barnes and Jones/Sullinger.

Get rid of all the expiring filth.

Pick up a coach with the patience to grow with the young team.

Move on from the stench of the Wizards era and return to Bullets.

I want to believe.

Blackace

SamuraiX- said:

I think the Wolves are jumping the gun here. Kevin Love will be entering his fourth season and he'd already be getting paid an average of $14mil/per for the next 5 years?

Way overpaid for a guy who's just putting up stats, but then again if the Wolves don't shell out he probably won't resign there.

I gotta defend Love at all chances... And if Lee is getting over 10 million a year..

Bread

Banned
TheFatOne said:
What happened at the end of the Celtics game? I went to sleep at the half so I didn't see the second half. Read the last three pages and it seems like something happened but the espn highlights are garbage.
The last few minutes were terrible, so many fouls called in so little time. Both intentional (by the Suns on Rondo) and normal calls on both ends. The players were all pissed by the end and KG got a technical, then with time running out Rondo ran up the court and took a 3 (Celts were already up 10) and Dudley knocked him on his ass. So Rondo shot 3 free throws with .4 seconds left.

SamuraiX- said:

The Wolves have to sign Love, he's one of the few bright spots on their roster, and now an All Star. The contract is roughly on par with deals given to Aldridge, Bargnani, and Luol Deng, right?

KingGondo

Banned
OKC's beat writer seems to think KD won't miss any time at all.

Let's hope so, I don't like our chances in Atlanta without him.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The Wolves have to sign Love, he's one of the few bright spots on their roster, and now an All Star. The contract is roughly on par with deals given to Aldridge, Bargnani, and Luol Deng, right?

More money than Bargs and Deng.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Yeah, the Wolves have to throw money at him and it's a fine deal. Whether he accepts or not depends on how the team finishes out the season.

SamuraiX-

Rodeo Clown said:
Yeah, the Wolves have to throw money at him and it's a fine deal. Whether he accepts or not depends on how the team finishes out the season.

He'll take it. He'd be retarded not to with the high probability of a lockout and new CBA next season.

SamuraiX-

4ucfpyt

gotdayum

Sanjuro

Wishing injuries on players, bad.

Wishing injuries (possible death) on referees, good.

I'm starting to buy into eznark's NBA philosophy. The game last night had me raging and continuing to do so to no end. I think at some point I put WWE officiation above the NBA's.

gTsXW.jpg

I fully support this man being out for the remainder of his career. NBA needs to kill off the rest of the younglings and replace then with cyborgs. It's a fucking embarrassment.

Jeff-DSA

The main issue with reffing in the NBA is that you have a lot of older veterans who are stubborn and on power trips that like to feel like they have an impact on the game; but you also have these young refs that call things in a different way. The result is inconsistent and unpredictable refereeing night in and night out.

Oh, and they keep letting Violet Plamer ref for some reason. That's more confusing to me than people who think that Sarah Jessica Parker is hot.

numble

They should just put gyros and sensors in the ball so we can automatically rule on goaltends, out of bounds, and palming. Make players have sensors too for this too work. This can also help to know if a player is in the key for 3 seconds and in the restricted areas for charges/blocks. The time will also automatically stop on a basket or if the ball goes out of bounds, and they can finally rule on if the ball hit the rim for the 24 second violation.

Jeff-DSA

Or they could just call fouls as fouls, traveling as traveling, 3 seconds as 3 seconds, charging as charging, blocking as blocking, etc. regardless of who has the ball or is defending the player. That would be a good start.

Sanjuro

It was the fact that they kept letting the game go on in a way I have never seen before. It was excessive even before the point where Pierce took a 24-second violation and pounce passed the ball to the official...but that wasn't enough for these fuckers. There had to be reason for them to allow a potential seven points to be added in under ten seconds of play.

A fucking abomination.

dschalter

refereeing is really biased in favor of home teams, as the nba wants a) more people to come to games, which a higher home winning % helps and b) longer playoff series, which again, refs favoring home teams helps. there is a reason why basketball easily has the best HFA of the north america sports and it isn't the people waving the distracting during FTAs.

Jeff-DSA

dschalter said:
refereeing is really biased in favor of home teams, as the nba wants a) more people to come to games, which a higher home winning % helps and b) longer playoff series, which again, refs favoring home teams helps. there is a reason why basketball easily has the best HFA of the north america sports and it isn't the people waving the distracting during FTAs.

It also favors superstars, and to a heavy degree. I remember Phil Jackson yelling at a ref that the people didn't come to the game to watch Kobe Bryant foul out because he picked up his 3rd foul early in the 2nd quarter and that was just so unthinkable. Unfortunately, the NBA really does look at who the player is before they blow the whistle.

Bread

Banned
I don't understand why delay of game isn't called more consistently, sometimes I see players knock the ball away from the inbounds and such with no call, and I've seen KG been called for delay of game for passing the ball to the ref after scoring. So much inconsistency, but that's true with every call I guess. If there's a lockout, the NBA better get the refs shit straight. Fuck it, they should just fix all this in an offseason, it shouldn't be that hard.

Jeff-DSA

Bread said:
I don't understand why delay of game isn't called more consistently, sometimes I see players knock the ball away from the inbounds and such with no call, and I've seen KG been called for delay of game for passing the ball to the ref after scoring. So much inconsistency, but that's true with every call I guess. If there's a lockout, the NBA better get the refs shit straight. Fuck it, they should just fix all this in an offseason, it shouldn't be that hard.

I hate it too. Sometime a player will get called for it when they just bat the ball away from bouncing under their feet, but other times a guy will catch it after goes through the hoop, take a few steps, and then toss it to the ref with no delay called. Both delay the game an equal amount, but the refs NEVER call delay for the latter. Hanging on the rim is a coin flip call, and so is palming the ball out on the perimeter.

Bread said:

I think Stern has some real shit he needs to sort out in the off season, but Stern doesn't care about how the game is played or the integrity of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom