• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

I hate EVERY team in the top half of both conferences. Memphis is supposed to be on this terribly hard schedule to finish the season yet they keep winning. Yet they keep beating the top 4 of each conference. WHY!

overcast

perfectchaos007 said:
I think the Rockets have a better chance of catching the Hornets than the Grizz. So far we are 1-2 against the Hornets but we still play them 1 more time. If we win, I don't know who would get the tiebreaker if we finish with the same record. how does that work?
Doesn't it go to conference record? Or division?

dream

amare.png

Cotdamn.

Holy shit@"That's a Boshian night!"

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Refs have called a foul on like eight straight possessions, this game is unwatchable.

Bass: 30th in PFs in PER
Nelson: 31st in PGs in PER
Turkoglu: 26th in SFs in PER

And they're a lot worse than their PER says they are. It's almost impossible to find teams that those guys start on and they're the next group of guys after Dwight for the Magic.

Every single one of them would start for the Heat.

Derwind

dream said:
Who could he pass it to? The Grizzlies were all over everyone but Rondo and that would have been the same result.

I'd much rather Rondo taking the last shot and bricking it, then seeing Baby who shouldn't ever try to make the gaming tying shot. :shrug

Billups may be our best chance to win. Amar'e struggling and I have a bad feeling the Carmelo offensive foul call is coming.

EDIT: The outside official calls a bullcrap foul on Amar'e. GREAT.

SamuraiX- said:
Says the guy who uses advanced stats to judge every player.

smh

I use advanced stats when they reflect what I see. AK47 has put up ridiculous advanced metrics this season somehow, but has played some absolutely terrible basketball, I don't bring up his PER. Jeff Green has horrible advanced stats and is a horrible basketball player, I can use them for support for my argument. Most advanced stats accurately judge players, but there are exceptions and Hayward is one.

jman2050

Red Blaster said:
He's the best troll in NBA-Age

Come on, don't just be calling dudes trolls all willy nil--

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I use advanced stats when they reflect what I see. AK47 has put up ridiculous advanced metrics this season somehow, but has played some absolutely terrible basketball, I don't bring up his PER.

I take it back.

jehuty

Bucks fan here... Even though the Bucks suck, I want to lay all the blame on Hammond. How on earth does one lose to the kings? Oh I know; have a team assembled by Hammond. Of all the bucks players who continue to disappoint there is one who really takes the cake. John Salmons, I hate you. You are a bum and only seem to turn it up when a team acquires you for half a season. There is a reason the bulls dropped him like a bad habit. But noooo, Hammond has to sign you and drakes older brother (drew gooden) to horrible contracts.

Its funny, the kings are moving and so will the bucks soon. If Herb Kohl wants to save this team its time to fire Hammond and hire a decent Gm who isn't gonna brake the bank on journeyman scrubs.

/rant

Gigglepoo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
An advanced stat can be worthless if it doesn't judge what a player actually does so if you using a stat that didn't represent what you're seeing...

So I can disregard any "advanced stat" if what it represents doesn't match what I see on the court? Thanks!

Gigglepoo said:
So I can disregard any "advanced stat" if what it represents doesn't match what I see on the court? Thanks!

Not really, advanced stats other than +/- don't judge things like offensive execution and defense focus and those are the only things that cause advanced metrics exceptions in terms of how good a player is on offense.

-8 +/- rating?

He's almost DeMarcus Cousins bad!

JE with a +4!

I don't know why he didn't play much in the fourth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom