• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yeah, that was why I worded it that way;)

Chris Paul is very good but the Bulls need Rose's scoring.

CP3 scores at a higher efficiency and would create higher efficiency for the teammates.

Rose takes 20 shots to score 24 points. CP3 scores 16 on 12. I'm sure if needed CP3 could add a shot or 2. And Chicago plays about 2 possessions faster than new orleans, so some of the difference would be balanced out. And CP3 has averaged 20+ in the league, too (though I get the question whether he can anymore with his knees). Boozer can also handle and extra shot or 2, too. It would be fine.

CP3 is so great at finding open space on the floor that defenses have a hard time dealing with him. He always finds the right way to get people good shots.

He has been bad in the clutch this season, as well as just being disinterested overall.

His team still won more games than Utah with less talent even before the D-Will trade. Clutch don't matter if you're blowing teams out.

giri said:
You do realise that CP3 gambles on D a lot, right? Right? he's a great defensive player the same way LBJ is DPOTY. Thats how he gets all those steals.

CP3 is not as good on defense as his steals would lead someone to indicate, yes. No doubt. But Steve Nash is horrible on defense, CP3 is good. Not elite, but good. He also gets a lot of on ball steals, not just gambles. He's an okay man defender, quite good weakside and help defender (in the lanes). Nash is bad at all defense.

giri

Black Mamba said:
CP3 is not as good on defense as his steals would lead someone to indicate, yes. No doubt. But Steve Nash is horrible on defense, CP3 is good. Not elite, but good. He also gets a lot of on ball steals, not just gambles. He's an okay man defender, quite good weakside and help defender (in the lanes). Nash is bad at all defense.

So much over sight in this one post.

giri said:
So much over sight in this one post.

if you say so. Again, a suns fan talking about defense, eh?

new Orleans is 6th in defense while Phx is 23rd. I'm sure Paul and Nash don't figure into that discrepancy at all.

PNut

Banned
I'm new to these forums. I've noticed from the last several pages you guys pick winners each night, but is discussing lines against the rules? Just wondering. I play a few games each night on the boards with a bookie and would like to discuss. Is this frowned upon?

Derwind

PNut said:
I'm new to these forums. I've noticed from the last several pages you guys pick winners each night, but is discussing lines against the rules? Just wondering. I play a few games each night on the boards with a bookie and would like to discuss. Is this frowned upon?

Like discussing odds?

Just saw the West injury. I feel terrible for him. It looked bad. If I were a Hornets fan, I'd be thinking long-term with this one. Maybe ACL tear...

So unfortunate. Lets see if CP3 can will his team into the playoffs but I doubt it. Their schedule is really rough and the Rockets are red hot. We'll see.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
While we're talking about draft prospects, let's talk about future Jazz star, Perry Jones! And let's watch the only good two minutes of basketball he's played in his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxsxSe1YTo

Breathtaking! Who cares that he's a cancer? Who cares that he's incredibly unpolished? Who cares that he never won at any level of basketball? Who cares that he hates defense? Who cares that his amateur career and lead up to the draft is identical to Darko's where there's no production except in empty gyms? 7'0 SG, baby! He's one of the only players in this draft who can not suck in the future, so I'm on board even though I'll hate him until (And if) he becomes good because of his terrible D and intangibles. We can teach him how to shoot, rebound, defend, work, win.

pj3-nov10.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp_SzdYd2gs

The Crimson Blur said:
Just saw the West injury. I feel terrible for him. It looked bad. If I were a Hornets fan, I'd be thinking long-term with this one. Maybe ACL tear...

So unfortunate. Lets see if CP3 can will his team into the playoffs but I doubt it. Their schedule is really rough and the Rockets are red hot. We'll see.
welp, looks like one of my fantasy bball teams is over. david west is on the can't cut list. fuck. and b33f just grabbed felton as soon as I released him in the other league. times are tough for the vancouver grizzlies.

DALLAS -- Minnesota Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis says there's a chance that All-Star forward Kevin Love could miss the rest of the season because of a strained left groin.

WALTHAM, Mass. -- Boston Celtics center Shaquille O'Neal received a cortisone shot in his ailing right foot Tuesday and was placed back in an immobilizing boot, sources told ESPN Boston.

The objective with the boot is to eliminate the return of swelling after his Achilles injury flared up again recently while he was trying to work his way back to game action, according to the sources.

+ West injury (MRI tomorrow)

giri

Black Mamba said:
if you say so. Again, a suns fan talking about defense, eh?

new Orleans is 6th in defense while Phx is 23rd. I'm sure Paul and Nash don't figure into that discrepancy at all.
Ok black sancha.

Kogepan

OpinionatedCyborg said:
welp, looks like one of my fantasy bball teams is over. david west is on the can't cut list. fuck. and b33f just grabbed felton as soon as I released him in the other league. times are tough for the vancouver grizzlies.

at least Demps was able to grab Landry at the deadline. He should be able to pick up some of the slack.

Really interested to see if Paul has another gear now that his team really needs him to dominate, he hasn't seem to have the same explosiveness this year.

g23

European pre-madonna
Sucks to see players like D.West and Rudy Gay get injured soo close to the playoffs. I really hope West's injury isn't season ending though, the hornets are really gonna need his offense during the playoffs.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So, I just remembered something random. My ex girlfriend and I, while we were dating, were driving somewhere one night, and I wanted to turn the radio to the Bulls game. I flipped it to the channel, and she goes, "I don't want to listen to this." I think I got legitimately pissed off in my head and that started the downfall of that relationship.

Sorry if that was too livejournal.

Jeff-DSA

Black Mamba said:
His team still won more games than Utah with less talent even before the D-Will trade. Clutch don't matter if you're blowing teams out.

More talent on the roster, but not on the floor. The Jazz haven't had a healthy roster all season long. They've always been missing at least 2 key guys and Deron was never once 100% this season.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Adam Blade said:
Controversial (?) opinion time...

Does anyone else hate ASOIAF and think it's the most overrated fantasy series of all time like I do?

Wrong thread? I'm on Storm of Swords and I am enjoying it, but it's not really the best thing ever. I do think it'll be pretty good as a show.

SephCast said:
Wrong thread? I'm on Storm of Swords and I am enjoying it, but it's not really the best thing ever. I do think it'll be pretty good as a show.

Naw, I really prefer posting in the NBA thread, and we go OT all the time, so... :x

Adam Blade said:
Controversial (?) opinion time...

Does anyone else hate ASOIAF and think it's the most overrated fantasy series of all time like I do?

Could you at least name drop your opinion of series that are better?

It's my favorite overall though so I disagree.

Dark FaZe said:
Could you at least name drop your opinion of series that are better?

It's my favorite overall though so I disagree.

Book of the New Sun
Black Company
Malazan
Kingkiller
Dark Tower
Psalms of Isaak

... among others.

Adam Blade said:
Book of the New Sun
Black Company
Malazan
Kingkiller
Dark Tower
Psalms of Isaak

... among others.

Have only read two of those...Kingkiller (good fun) and Malazan ( didn't like). Definitely need to read Dark Tower and Black Company.

Probably a better thread for the OT but yeah...it's just a matter of opinion I guess.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dark FaZe said:
Probably a better thread for the OT but yeah...it's just a matter of opinion I guess.
Psht. We've discussed everything in here from how I think Mass Effect is overrated (some people call it a masterpiece, wtf) to Queens of the Stone Age and Coheed and Cambria, to this now, etc. Some of the better discussions I've had when the games aren't on, to be honest.

Gordon Hayward stuffs Chris Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aB6zM76brE

Not that huge of an accomplish because Hayward is 8 inches taller, but still.

Offensively, I'm glad Hayward is finally starting to play like Turkoglu like he did a little bit in college. He knows how to create good looks for his teammates.

Lot of talk from Jazz fans about getting Derrick Williams, but he and Millsap play exactly the same...And people want to move Millsap to SF which might work because there's few quality scorers there and Millsap's already top ten post game would be even better, but the PnR, running off screens, and faceup parts of his game would be way less effective.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Gordon Hayward stuffs Chris Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aB6zM76brE

Not that huge of an accomplish because Hayward is 8 inches taller, but still.

Offensively, I'm glad Hayward is finally starting to play like Turkoglu like he did a little bit in college. He knows how to create good looks for his teammates.

Lot of talk from Jazz fans about getting Derrick Williams, but he and Millsap play exactly the same...And people want to move Millsap to SF which might work because there's few quality scorers there and Millsap's already top ten post game would be even better, but the PnR, running off screens, and faceup parts of his game would be way less effective.
Gordon isn't even the best Hayward in his division.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Lazar Hayward is shooting 34% from the field.
Putting up the same numbers in 7MPG less than Gordon on 42% shooting In March. And he's a better freethrow shooter.

EDIT: The actual point I'm trying to bring up here, Gordon Hayward is worth talking about as much as Lazar Hayward is. You're wasting everybody's time.

reilo said:
Putting up the same numbers in 7MPG less than Gordon on 42% shooting In March. And he's a better freethrow shooter.

EDIT: The actual point I'm trying to bring up here, Gordon Hayward is worth talking about as much as Lazar Hayward is. You're wasting everybody's time.

Batum isn't as good as CJ Miles going by this same argument so why do you waste people's time discussing Batum if he's not as good as a player that most Jazz fans hate? Gordon is a good basketball player he defends, rebounds, passes, and shoots well and is starting to create. His minutes have been limited by terrible coaching and Deron's bitchassness and now he's starting to play more minutes so I posted like two sentences about him, I don't see that as a big deal.

reilo said:

As if the Wolves are in need of hate

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
CoffeeJanitor said:
As if the Wolves are in need of hate
Not enough hate is directed at the Wolves. Collectively, the organization doesn't have a clue. They aren't going to win again this season, and nothing will change because Taylor is too cheap to fire anybody.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Batum isn't as good as CJ Miles going by this same argument so why do you waste people's time discussing Batum if he's not as good as a player that most Jazz fans hate?
Eh? The last time Batum's name was mentioned by anyone was during the trade deadline. Hell, the guy just had a 24-4 and 22-12 game and I didn't even mention it.

Shit, you've talked more about CJ Miles in the past two weeks than I have mentioned Batum this entire season.

And if you think Batum isn't as good as CJ Miles: LOL. You gotta bring a better troll game than that.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
linsivvi said:
Fisher is better than Rose too.

Jalen Rose maybe.

SephCast said:
So, I just remembered something random. My ex girlfriend and I, while we were dating, were driving somewhere one night, and I wanted to turn the radio to the Bulls game. I flipped it to the channel, and she goes, "I don't want to listen to this." I think I got legitimately pissed off in my head and that started the downfall of that relationship.

Sorry if that was too livejournal.

She sucks I'm glad you're not with her anymore.

reilo

ImperialConquest said:
Spurs losing in the second round.
Eh? What a terrible analogy. If any one NBA team was the "Duke" of the NBA, it would be the Lakers.

reilo said:
Eh? The last time Batum's name was mentioned by anyone was during the trade deadline. Hell, the guy just had a 24-4 and 22-12 game and I didn't even mention it.

Shit, you've talked more about CJ Miles in the past two weeks than I have mentioned Batum this entire season.

And if you think Batum isn't as good as CJ Miles: LOL. You gotta bring a better troll game than that.

CJ's $tat$ are better and Batum is an aggressively mediocre defender (Statistically the worst defender in the NBA but I don't believe he's that). Hayward is the starting SF for the Jazz and could be for the next several years, he had a good game and made a nice block, so I posted that he had a good game.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
CJ's $tat$ are better and Batum is an aggressively mediocre defender (Statistically the worst defender in the NBA but I don't believe he's that). Hayward is the starting SF for the Jazz and could be for the next several years, he had a good game and made a nice block, so I posted that he had a good game.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahaahahahahahha.

Are these the same defensive stats that tell you that Al Jefferson is as good of a post-defender as Dwight Howard?

reilo said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahaahahahahahha.

Are these the same defensive stats that tell you that Al Jefferson is as good of a post-defender as Dwight Howard?

I only mentioned his defensive stats I didn't base any of my point on them, but yes Synergy rates Batum as easily the worst man defender in the NBA and they also think Al is a good man defender, which he is, he's bad at D because his rotations are usually poor.

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
I only mentioned his defensive stats I didn't base any of my point on them, but yes Synergy rates Batum as easily the worst man defender in the NBA and they also think Al is a good man defender, which he is, he's bad at D because his rotations are usually poor.
hahahahaahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom