• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Mar |OT| Now listening to the Stan Van Gundy mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're talking about draft prospects, let's talk about future Jazz star, Perry Jones! And let's watch the only good two minutes of basketball he's played in his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxsxSe1YTo

Breathtaking! Who cares that he's a cancer? Who cares that he's incredibly unpolished? Who cares that he never won at any level of basketball? Who cares that he hates defense? Who cares that his amateur career and lead up to the draft is identical to Darko's where there's no production except in empty gyms? 7'0 SG, baby! He's one of the only players in this draft who can not suck in the future, so I'm on board even though I'll hate him until (And if) he becomes good because of his terrible D and intangibles. We can teach him how to shoot, rebound, defend, work, win.

pj3-nov10.jpg

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Ninja Scooter said:
is anyone else getting sick of Gus Johnson?

no we are not sICK OF GUS JOHNSON!!!

he makes things pREETYY EXCITING!!!!

i like that he alwaYS TALKS LIKE THIS!

he's greAAAT!

charsace

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
While we're talking about draft prospects, let's talk about future Jazz star, Perry Jones! And let's watch the only good two minutes of basketball he's played in his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quxsxSe1YTo

Breathtaking! Who cares that he's a cancer? Who cares that he's incredibly unpolished? Who cares that he never won at any level of basketball? Who cares that he hates defense? Who cares that his amateur career and lead up to the draft is identical to Darko's where there's no production except in empty gyms? 7'0 SG, baby! He's one of the only players in this draft who can not suck in the future, so I'm on board even though I'll hate him until (And if) he becomes good because of his terrible D and intangibles. We can teach him how to shoot, rebound, defend, work, win.

pj3-nov10.jpg
He will make one excellent play and then 5 shitty ones after. He has a poor motor too. I don't even think he will have a career on the level of Darius Miles.

Kogepan

charsace said:
He will make one excellent play and then 5 shitty ones after. He has a poor motor too. I don't even think he will have a career on the level of Darius Miles.

The Wolves will grab him WAY before he drops to UTAH.

etiolate said:
Perry jones is bust city.

Almost certainly! He's nowhere close in any facet of basketball and doesn't give a shit if he gets there or not. But he could actually be an all-star (15% chance of happening) which I can't see anyone other than he and Valanciunas being.

Vesely's wingspan, smile, and handshake are way better than Perry's and Vesely would be just as nonsensical a pick as Perry Jones!

charsace

Kogepan said:
I wouldn't be surprised. They have 4 young forwards on the wolves and 3 of them can play the 4, but they will probably take Jones or Kemba.

giri

Black Mamba said:
CP3 is easily the best PG in the NBA. While what you say is true, Nash also turns it over a hell of a lot more. And CP3 gets steals (and a lot of the good kind) and is obviously a better defender.

New Orleans' bench is straight trash, too. I know it feels like CP3 has slowed down, and he has a bit, but he's still better than anyone else overall. New Orleans winning 46 or 47 games is quite a feat, IMO.
CP3 shoots a worse percentage, so it evens out. And nash's turn overs are rarely his fault, more that of bumbling team mates.

But it was more a context, than a direct comparison.

And ninja, by all means, his knee's are meant to get worse next year.

charsace said:
I wouldn't be surprised. They have 4 young forwards on the wolves and 3 of them can play the 4, but they will probably take Jones or Kemba.

The wolves are so fucked going forward. This draft doesn't have the game changer 2-guard they need and if they hope for Rubio to come over they can't take Kemba...but they have soo many tweener forwards. They suck but yet no one in this draft is that much better than the pieces they have now ( Beasley and Wes would be top 5 in this draft..).
So I guess it's center?

They should go Boston and trade out of this shit draft for help they can use now.

Knux-Future said:
The wolves are so fucked going forward. This draft doesn't have the game changer 2-guard they need and if they hope for Rubio to come over they can't take Kemba...but they have soo many tweener forwards. They suck but yet no one in this draft is that much better than the pieces they have now ( Beasley and Wes would be top 5 in this draft..).
So I guess it's center?

They should go Boston and trade out of this shit draft for help they can use now.

Ehh, Johnson and Beasley are total busts in the NBA, whereas some of the guys in this draft have a chance to be NBA players so I don't think they go top 10.

charsace

Knux-Future said:
So I guess it's center?

Kahn will probably say to himself that he went with the NBA ready guy and he didn't blow up, so why not try a potential type.

Beasley isn't a bust. Johnson is ok, but his ballhandling is even worse than a young Shawn Marion. Marion could at least get to the rim when someone was guarding him. Johnson can't put the ball on the floor at all. The sad thing is that he's a good passer.

giri

charsace said:

YES, we've started draft terms already.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Ehh, Johnson and Beasley are total busts in the NBA, whereas some of the guys in this draft have a chance to be NBA players so I don't think they go top 10.

I don't know why but I still believe in both. I think Wes will find his niche elsewhere off of someones bench at the very least...Beasley has tools..it's just about him using them well. He started the year off well.

BELIEVE!?!?!?!?!

But the point is that unless they think Barnes or Jones are going to be that much better than those two they should just get out why they can...or trade down for a SG and hope he's a steal ( Burks???)

charsace

giri said:
YES, we've started draft terms already.
Watch him play. He doesn't try. Just doesn't seem to give a fuck at all. Doesn't fight for position on the the blocks on either side of the ball. Poor shot blocker even though he has everything you would want in one. A passive player overall

Knux-Future said:
I don't know why but I still believe in both. I think Wes will find his niche elsewhere off of someones bench at the very least...Beasley has tools..it's just about him using them well. He started the year off well.

BELIEVE!?!?!?!?!

But the point is that unless they think Barnes or Jones are going to be that much better than those two they should just get out why they can...or trade down for a SG and hope he's a steal ( Burks???)

Barnes (As well as Sullinger) isn't even declaring. There's four starters in this draft and a guy with bad knees who hasn't played basketball since he was 16 may go top 3, it's so bad, but Wes Johnson is even worse than that.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

Beasley was going to turn it around before Bynum-ite destroyed him.

charsace

Lamb from UConn declares he's the sg that teams will go after. He's a big shooting guard with good athletic ability and long arms. He handles the ball good enough to play the point and is an excellent shooter. I hope teams sleep on him and he ends up a knick because he has allstar potential IMO.

giri

charsace said:
Watch him play. He doesn't try. Just doesn't seem to give a fuck at all. Doesn't fight for position on the the blocks on either side of the ball. Poor shot blocker even though he has everything you would want in one. A passive player overall
I'm not doubting your accuracy, just a litlte early with it is all. Usually only rodeo & adam are scouting around now.

etiolate

Banned
There's maybe two, maybe three NBA starters in this draft and yes, Irving could be one of them. Maybe Barnes, and probably Kanter. Williams' best is being a Shawn Marion (maybe). I don't know if I'd go for that as my #1.

etiolate said:
There's maybe two, maybe three NBA starters in this draft and yes, Irving could be one of them. Maybe Barnes, and probably Kanter. Williams' best is being a Shawn Marion (maybe). I don't know if I'd go for that as my #1.

Kanter hasn't played basketball since he was 16.

giri said:
CP3 shoots a worse percentage, so it evens out. And nash's turn overs are rarely his fault, more that of bumbling team mates.

But it was more a context, than a direct comparison.

And ninja, by all means, his knee's are meant to get worse next year.

Their TS% isn't that different (CP3 gets to the line more so the worse % doesn't matter as much).

Also, Nash has been turnover prone his entire career. it's not a teammate issue.

And none of this accounts for defense, where CP3 is worlds ahead.

If you switch CP3 with any PG in the league, that team gets better.

edit: Steve Nash gets bonus points for doing it at 36, though. CP3 would be lucky to be as good as Nash at that age.

charsace

etiolate said:
Williams reminds me of Amare. Williams has a 3pt shot so people compare him to tweeners, but I think he will be a pure 4. He looks like a legit 6'9 to me.

Barnes isn't ready. People were comparing him to Kobe and I never saw it. I think is best case is a poor man's pippen. His lateral quickness isn't great and his handles are sloppy though.

giri

Black Mamba said:
Their TS% isn't that different (CP3 gets to the line more so the worse % doesn't matter as much).

Also, Nash has been turnover prone his entire career. it's not a teammate issue.

And none of this accounts for defense, where CP3 is worlds ahead.

If you switch CP3 with any PG in the league, that team gets better.
I don't know where to start.

50-40-90. Nash is the best shooter in the NBA. oh good lor.....

Nup, just not going too.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Ninja Scooter said:
is anyone else getting sick of Gus Johnson?

hellllllll no

I bought NCAA MM 10 last year just to have the option to have him and ONIONS call the games over ESPN's crew

sogood

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

dream

I keep hearing names like "Derrick Williams" and "Jeremy Lam" on Inside March Madness and it's like I'm watching bizarro basketball.

giri said:
I don't know where to start.

50-40-90. Nash is the best shooter in the NBA. oh good lor.....

Nup, just not going too.

CP is shooting 47-40-90. He's not that far off. He goes to the line a bit more. I'm not arguing that Nash isn't the better shooter. he is. I'm saying the difference in their shooting doesn't overcome the difference in defense and turnovers.

Completely depends on what your team needs, i don't think there is a definitive best PG in the NBA at the moment.

I think for most PGs you'd be right, but not not CP3. He can do everything on the floor.

thekad

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yeah, that was why I worded it that way;)

Chris Paul is very good but the Bulls need Rose's scoring.

CP3 is miles better than Rose. Bulls would be much better.

That reminds me. Kobe stole MVP from KG and CP3 that year. How did the hell did he win?

giri

Black Mamba said:
CP is shooting 47-40-90. He's not that far off. He goes to the line a bit more. I'm not arguing that Nash isn't the better shooter. he is. I'm saying the difference in their shooting doesn't overcome the difference in defense and turnovers.

I think for most PGs you'd be right, but not not CP3. He can do everything on the floor.
You do realise that CP3 gambles on D a lot, right? Right? he's a great defensive player the same way LBJ is DPOTY. Thats how he gets all those steals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom